Doom Eternal Hype Thread. Eternal Hyping. Confirmed Masterpiece.

• 400 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#201 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm not the one for getting all hype for Doom games but, am I'm the only one who finds Doom: Eternal lacking from Doom 2016?

Its better in every way. its different sure. you are low on ammo that make it more challenging.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#202 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

I'm not the one for getting all hype for Doom games but, am I'm the only one who finds Doom: Eternal lacking from Doom 2016?

Its better in every way. its different sure. you are low on ammo that make it more challenging.

Errr okay. Seems like ID went out of there way to seem "edgy" and above traditional video game conventions....but it just came off as total cringe anyways. That said, Eternal is still a competent FPS, just gets repetitive real fast but that's partly because I kept replaying Doom 2016 for a long time. Low on ammo? Too much ammo if you ask me. I might be in the minority here but I liked when there were shortages here and there...just enough to feel a slight level of scarcity but never to the point where you basically had to reload a previous save. Gonna play some more later tonight.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59162 Posts

Can't say i'm a fan of the earth setting, much like Doom 2, it lacks any sense of atmosphere and if anything I got Darksiders vibes.

When you put the realistic, bland setting against enemies lighting up like christmas lights, it feels off.

Prefer the og chainsaw as well where you put enemies into a stun-lock. Now it's basically a Mortal Kombat animation where you (not really strategically) get gum-drops.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Just finished the first level, and yeah it is a good game, but so far the 8 review GS gave it seems really fair. Except the control (it handles awesome), nothing really stands out compared to a lot of other good fps. To early to judge whatever it is better than the first one, but the ammo management i would imagine get old really fast.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 djoffer
@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

So far the ammo management just seems like a pain in the ass, not really something that adds to the challenge in any meaningful way.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#206 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70002 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

So in other words its inferior. Thanks for the update.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Ghosts4ever

@djoffer said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

So far the ammo management just seems like a pain in the ass, not really something that adds to the challenge in any meaningful way.

use different weapons. this game require strategy.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 djoffer

@ghosts4ever: nonsense response.. my dam shotgun has 16 shells, and a alternative shot takes 3( I believe). Hopefully there are options to up the amount of ammo you can carry later on, right now it’s just dump..

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#209  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

So far I'm enjoying this game it's running silky smooth on my ancient 970 GTX but f#ck Bethesda!!! for forcing me to make a account to their stupid website to play this game WTF!!! man this is why people miss the old days of gaming we didn't have to put up with all of this shit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:

So far I'm enjoying this game it's running silky smooth on my ancient 970 GTX but f#ck Bethesda!!! for forcing me to make a account to their stupid website to play this game WTF!!! man this is why people miss the old days of gaming we didn't have to put up with all of this shit.

like when valve forced consumer to make steam account to play Half life 2 right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

The level design looks so much better than 2016. I can't wait to play it now, but I'm gonna replay 2016 first (after I've finished Dragon Quest 11 and Half Life Alyx)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#212 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts

Just beat the first level :). So far it feels pretty similar to the last one. But it’s too early to tell of course. But a lot of fun (and a little exhausting) to be back in the Doom world!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

like when valve forced consumer to make steam account to play Half life 2 right?

Can you not be a corporate shill for like 5 minutes? you should do PR for them or better yet just join their forms and don't come back here if you're going to be so damn defensive when anyone ever talks bad about Bethesda.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Ahhh, so cheat codes are unlockable items, I see you Ghosts.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#215 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39377 Posts

Does anyone knows the cheapest place to get the game? I normally buy everything from cdkeys, but its still pretty expensive in cad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Does anyone knows the cheapest place to get the game? I normally buy everything from cdkeys, but its still pretty expensive in cad.

You should talk to the ban dodger known as casual4ever, i'm sure he can get you a copy for real cheap lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 uninspiredcup  Online

The preorder game is better than the main game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

When you get mocked before you even type the article out.

Psychobabble me, me, me

The Doom Marine is the archetype of white masculine power fantasy in gaming – a role he continues to fill to this day without much change – so this rare acknowledgement of vulnerability, trauma, and mental illness is important, and one that I appreciate in my own experiences of mental illness.

It’s still not often that men in action games are allowed to be tired or sick, and even less often that they’re allowed to be afraid. The result is still a power fantasy, but one tinged with the contours of depression.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@uninspiredcup: cringe

I'm not clicking that link, you have shared enough

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 uninspiredcup  Online

My favorite Kotaku article was when the writer directly compared himself to Broly.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@uninspiredcup: no puny human can compare to Broly, Kotaku smokes crack

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

The game is good, but I have some criticisms about how it flows because of all the constant interruptions because of weird shit they did like TELLING you a monsters weakness before you encounter it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#225 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70002 Posts

@schu said:

The game is good, but I have some criticisms about how it flows because of all the constant interruptions because of weird shit they did like TELLING you a monsters weakness before you encounter it.

That's doesn't sound good to me. I concerned about getting this game based on the emphasis on story and this detail doesn't help.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@schu said:

Yeah, think the settings to turn that off are in the accessibility options, but it is annoying.

This game definitely interrupts you far more than Doom 4.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Can you not be a corporate shill for like 5 minutes? you should do PR for them or better yet just join their forms and don't come back here if you're going to be so damn defensive when anyone ever talks bad about Bethesda.

There is difference between bethesda software and bethesda game studio.

I never liked bethesda develop games anyways as they are mostly crap be it elder scroll or fallout. but as publisher they are doing greate job as always minus wolfenstein.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

The preorder game is better than the main game.

you mean Doom 64? no its not.

Eternal is second best FPS ever made after STALKER SoC. game is just so amazing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 hardwenzen

I really do hope that their next game is a Quake reboot. I want to kill shit in castles and stuff. Make it happen.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

I really do hope that their next game is a Quake reboot. I want to kill shit in castles and stuff. Make it happen.

Quake reboot wouldnot be much different than this because this is basically Doom mixed with Quake.

I dont want quake reboot now. i want them to make spritual successor to Doom 3.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Quake reboot wouldnot be much different than this because this is basically Doom mixed with Quake.

I dont want quake reboot now. i want them to make spritual successor to Doom 3.

The gunplay may feel similar, but the enemies design and art style wouldn't be that similar. They can also make Quake darker/horror'ish and also with a more serious tone.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

The gunplay may feel similar, but the enemies design and art style wouldn't be that similar. They can also make Quake darker/horror'ish and also with a more serious tone.

true. but Quake 1 style reboot. that was primiarily SP game but if it release today. many fans complain about not having herp derp a MP.

how about Doom 3 spritual successor under new ip. more slower paced horror game. they made it before and it works.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

true. but Quake 1 style reboot. that was primiarily SP game but if it release today. many fans complain about not having herp derp a MP.

how about Doom 3 spritual successor under new ip. more slower paced horror game. they made it before and it works.

Industry has enough slow paced horror games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Industry has enough slow paced horror games.

third person? sure

not FPS horror.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#235 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

OK, I've played for around 6 hours now. It's good. Got a few complaints though.

That purple floor crap is just lame.
The story is lame. And not only because it interrupts you too much.
There's too much flashing of colors.
There's too many tools.
There's too many upgrades. Replaying the game is gonna be a slog thanks to that.
Some upgrades are for babies. Slo mo?
Doomguy moves a bit too slow.
So many arena lockdowns.

This whole managing of health, armor, ammo, fuel is a gameplay design that didn't make DOOM more fun. Feels more like you're forced to play in a way you don't want to.

But the shooting with that soundtrack feels amazeballs. Enemies are fun to kill. 8/10 seems about right.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

There's too many tools.

There's too many upgrades. Replaying the game is gonna be a slog thanks to that.

So many arena lockdowns.

This whole managing of health, armor, ammo, fuel is a gameplay design that didn't make DOOM more fun. Feels more like you're forced to play in a way you don't want to.

But the shooting with that soundtrack feels amazeballs. Enemies are fun to kill. 8/10 seems about right.

I found this game better than any FPS that is not STALKER. it start of bit slow but become better afterwords. its creative game.

low on health and ammo give you challenge.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

There's too many tools.

So many arena lockdowns.

I found this game better than any FPS that is not STALKER. it start of bit slow but become better afterwords. its creative game.

low on health and ammo give you challenge.

It would if I didn't currently have 11 extra lives on me.

Do you disagree with my complaints? If not, is this really the best FPS ever or do you just have to say that because you hyped it to heaven?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Do you disagree with my complaints? If not, is this really the best FPS ever or do you just have to say that because you hyped it to heaven?

the game is far more challenging than Doom 2016 thats why it has extra lives. many people complain about game being hard on steam.

beside i can complain about something like i dont like inclusion of talking demons here, i wish they remain silent, i dont like why they include heaven and angel and other fantasy elements but thankfully you only fight demons here.

theres thing i may not liked.

other than game is better than Half life 2.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

the game is far more challenging than Doom 2016 thats why it has extra lives. many people complain about game being hard on steam.

beside i can complain about something like i dont like inclusion of talking demons here, i wish they remain silent, i dont like why they include heaven and angel and other fantasy elements but thankfully you only fight demons here.

Wow. People suck at games. I'm playing on Ultra Violence (not Nightmare, since you have to learn a thousand tools to be able to play it properly first). I can now die 11 times and just continue like nothing happened. But I probably wont, and I'll sit there with 50 extra lives soon.

Nice to see you acknowledge at least something bad about the game. Although, that complaint was meh. My complaints were great and awesome, reflecting my amazing taste in games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Wow. People suck at games. I'm playing on Ultra Violence (not Nightmare, since you have to learn a thousand tools to be able to play it properly first). I can now die 11 times and just continue like nothing happened. But I probably wont, and I'll sit there with 50 extra lives soon.

Nice to see you acknowledge at least something bad about the game. Although, that complaint was meh. My complaints were great and awesome, reflecting my amazing taste in games.

Half life 2 on hardest difficulty was cake walk too. while this game is far more challenging.

you never low on ammo and health and armor in Half life 2 since there are every where.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Litchie said:

There's too many tools.

So many arena lockdowns.

I couldn't agree more with this statement and yes f#ck that purple ground it's the worst.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Litchie

@warmblur said:
@Litchie said:

There's too many tools.

So many arena lockdowns.

I couldn't agree more with this statement and yes f#ck that purple ground it's the worst.

Like.. who at id software thought it would be fun to not be able to run and jump? Who?!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Like.. who at id software thought it would be fun to not be able to run and jump? Who?!

This game save gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Litchie said:

There's too many tools.

So many arena lockdowns.

So for casual4ever then LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever: DEF is not saving gaming you fool.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

you have not played it. nor will play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

you have not played it. nor will play it.

Doom Eternal Flop cannot save the FPS genre let alone gaming as a whole.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

Doom Eternal Flop cannot save the FPS genre let alone gaming as a whole.

then name better FPS.

LOL you cant.

the only FPS that will be better in future is if STALKER 2 release next year, or if proper Half life 3 will release in future. otherwise this game raised the bar.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Ghosts4ever

Congratulates id once again

https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-eternal-roars-past-100000-concurrent-users-on-steam/

in its first day of release. it sold double the amount of Doom 2016.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@ghosts4ever: That article is about concurrent users, not sales. And considering whats going on in the world, doubling concurrent users is nothing special.