Does Xbox ones's future looks very very promising?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Halo 5 Guardians, Gears of War, Platinum game's Scalebound, Quantum Break, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider (Timed release)

PLUS it already got Sunset Overdrive, MCC collection, all the Multiplats as COD, BF, AC etc

All the upcoming titles are pretty impressive, hoping some of them don't flop ( Crackdown 3,Quantum Break). What say you warriors? :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I say looking Mighty nice plus I think E3 we'll see what Rare's been up to. :D

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

The Halo 5 trailers interested me quite a bit. Gears of War and Crackdown both have promise (Gears more than Crackdown considering how terrible Crackdown 2 was).

Quantum Break I'm expecting to be something very good

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

I dare say it will look a whole lot better come E3. Xbox is stepping up it's game now since Sony's crushing it sales wise and Nintendo with their mad good games. Phil Spencer has a rep to keep up and I think he will pull some tricks out the bag for E3.

And I think Xbox One will sell 100 million units by the time it stops being manufactured in a decade or so.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I think Xbone will get more games in its current scenario than it would if it were winning the sales race (although i can't prove it). And Phil Spencer seems to have good ideas.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am interested in seeing what Phil means by focusing on first party at E3. Either that's MSes way of getting on the ball and finally breaking up with being the HaloForzaGears Box or it's a way of side-skirting the issue that they are losing third party support by putting lipstick on a pig.

If they are finally spending hundreds of millions of dollars on making new games rather than stupid content deals, I think that's a step in the right direction as long as they stay dedicated to it. But let's be honest here. Xbone is not at all performing in the same league that the 360 did in its day. Its future is unclear.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#7 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Gears? Meh. On other hand I'm interested in Halo 5, Tomb Raider and Quantum Break. Hopefully some new AAA IPs at E3 or return of some classics. M$ should sign a deal with Capcom and help them make Dino Crisis reboot.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 indzman

@Cloud_imperium said:

Gears? Meh. On other hand I'm interested in Halo 5, Tomb Raider and Quantum Break. Hopefully some new AAA IPs at E3 or return of some classics. M$ should sign a deal with Capcom and help them make Dino Crisis reboot.

also Parasite Eve Reboot mmm :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@indzman said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

also Parasite Eve Reboot mmm :)

Yeah man... Dino reboot or 4th installment... Megaton. On second thought, I don't trust Capcom anymore, they'll screw it up like Resi 6 or Lost Planet.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yup. Some of my favorite studios have worked/are working on games coming out for the platform.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I am interested in seeing what Phil means by focusing on first party at E3. Either that's MSes way of getting on the ball and finally breaking up with being the HaloForzaGears Box or it's a way of side-skirting the issue that they are losing third party support by putting lipstick on a pig.

If they are finally spending hundreds of millions of dollars on making new games rather than stupid content deals, I think that's a step in the right direction as long as they stay dedicated to it. But let's be honest here. Xbone is not at all performing in the same league that the 360 did in its day. Its future is unclear.

But yet it's outpacing the 360 in sales in the same time period.....that is something and a reason to see the future as bright.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#12 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@indzman: not interested in any of those games/ franchises besides tomb raider, which is timed and not really like old tr, so I can wait. Much more into games like demon/dark souls, bloodborne , or hell RPGS in general, which the playstation + PC combo has always been the greatest at.

I guess if u love overrated space marine shooters (halo and gears) and annualized American based titles the bone would be a good fit... but for me nah.

Don't trust the company, even before TN e console reveal, don't like those type of games, and love having superior multiplats, the most rpgs (western and jp), the most indies, and dedicated Japanese game support.... with a great controller and no ads on the user interface.

At this point, I don't know what it would take to trust ms. The original xbox was great, then they killed it early... that was when it became obvious to me that they valued profiteering over the consumer. Screw that. I didn't seen Sony killing off the ps3 4 years in.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I would like to see some different games to mix it up a little.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

I was getting ready to sell mine like I did my PS4 and go Wii U only but Crackdown 3 ( hope it's great ) and Quantum Break have me holding onto it a bit longer. After those are released and played I might be giving up the two "big boys" of console gaming. I get enough out of my Wii U to be happy.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@indzman said:

Halo 5 Guardians, Gears of War, Platinum game's Scalebound, Quantum Break, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider (Timed release)

PLUS it already got Sunset Overdrive, MCC collection, all the Multiplats as COD, BF, AC etc

All the upcoming titles are pretty impressive, hoping some of them don't flop ( Crackdown 3,Quantum Break). What say you warriors? :)

It does actually and they'll all be even better running on Windows 10 ;)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

But yet it's outpacing the 360 in sales in the same time period.....that is something and a reason to see the future as bright.

Sold-through or shipped?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its ok. Ninty still has the best looking first party line up out of the three, which isnt saying much at this point

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Sold-through or shipped?

I'm sure you read MS's PR statement....that's all we can go by

“In March, cumulative U.S. Xbox One sales continued to outpace Xbox 360 sales at the same point in its lifecycle,”

It sold over 200k in March and there isn't much of a reason for it to sale that well, since this is a slow time games wise for the One. The One is in good shape.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

I would say that it's more promising than the PS4 given all the upcoming exclusives.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Of course the future looks fantastic for the X1.

The gap between the X1 and PS4 would be much tighter if Microsoft didn't underestimate how stubborn (rightfully so) gamers would have been in regards to the E3 of '13 presentation.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

If this E3 is a repeat of E3 2006 or 2007 then Microsoft will have made up as long as nearly half the games shown come out this year.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I think the only people thinking it looks promising are XBOX One owners.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By indzman

@pelvist said:

I don't own a Xbox One :P, but i'm most interested to play Scalebound lol. Hope it goes multiplat and releases on PC :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja

@indzman said:

@pelvist said:

I don't own a Xbox One :P, but i'm most interested to play Scalebound lol. Hope it goes multiplat and releases on PC :)

Yeah, you gotta admit the timing was funny for a rally thread. Considering the XBox got thrashed on it's home turf last month.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indzman

@Shewgenja said:

@indzman said:

@pelvist said:

Yeah, you gotta admit the timing was funny for a rally thread. Considering the XBox got thrashed on it's home turf last month.

wow, didn't know that lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja

@indzman said:

wow, didn't know that lol.

Yeah, over 100,000 consoles according to NPD results.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

looks great indeed so did the x360, but after the 3rd year it died and we're now close with 2nd year almost over, slow months already passed with a few more slow months to go, sony on the other hand are building up to moments people never forget as they always do, the further we go in this gen how harder it get for MS!

xbox brand will always be the 2nd or 3rd rated console no mather how many halo's you throw at it or how many moments you think it has.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Sold-through or shipped?

Does it matter? If there is a glut of inventory, retailers will stop ordering...

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Under the helm of Phil, why yes it is. I am hoping the next Gears turns out really well, as well as Crackdown. Forza 6 is coming a little soon for my liking so I'll probably wait 2 years and get Forza 7. Quantum Break should be awesome going by past track record and Scalebound should also be amazing.

Here's hoping we see a taste of what Rare is capable these days since Kinect has been all but dropped. I'm thiking the X1 is fighting to make a comeback, and that is good for X1 owners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Bit of hyperbole imo. Halo's coming from 343 who really have to step up after Halo 4, Gears has gone to Black Tusk so there's question marks there whether they'll match Epic and the franchise is fatigued imo. The Forza franchise has gone yearly which kills my hype a bit since i'm sick of minor upgrades in sequels. Tomb Raider's timed so i couldn't care less, the Crackdown hype surprises me as it's always felt like a second tier title to me, Quantum Break has some big question marks around it, Remedy haven't make a really high quality game in a decade, have already delayed the game and the gameplay looked mediocre in the last trailer. What happened to the TV series bit it was pared with? Is that dead?

Platinum Games do have pedigree so Scalebound should be a quality title but it's another title that's hyped when we've seen nothing of it so i'm not going to get excited about that yet.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm very excited for the future of Xbone... it has some great games coming with a lot more on the way according to Phil. Bring it on!

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

No and I expect some of the games listed will be heading towards the PC in the following years, especially Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@pelvist said:

And the only people who don't are the haters... Xbone's future is as promising as any of the other consoles. Just a fact,

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I'm not convinced that any of the consoles have a very bright future. They're all disappointing in their own ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@pelvist said:

And the only people who don't are the haters... Xbone's future is as promising as any of the other consoles. Just a fact,

I would say so. They have games like Scalebound and Phantom Dust that we haven't seen anything yet and I'm sure we'll hear more about Gears and Crackdown along with other surprise games. Their future is just as bright as Sony's and I'm looking foward to E3 so see what they show off.

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I definitely want to see these games in action before I part with my cash for an Xbox One. I got fooled before on promise and hype ::coughcoughDestinycoughcough::

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

terrible list

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Yeah I was looking forward to QB, Scalebound, Crackdown, Halo 5, Gears, Fable legends anyway. So things look good to me. PS4 has some great looking games down the road as well. I'm set.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Quantum Break and Scalebound look interesting. Tomb Raider is a definite day one buy. Aside from that, I don't want no Halo, don't want no forza, don't want no Gears, Don't want no crackdown. Great for those who do, though.

I hope MS deliver on their promise this E3 and hit us with some new and unique first party games.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It has a 'hang on in there' future at the moment. There's nothing on the horizon to drastically change X1's fortunes but that could all change at E3. I hope so.

I haven't sold my X1 because, well actually I never sell consoles once I've bought them lol but also... Halo 5. Good enough reason to own one IMO.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It has potential. Several games look promising, but Microsoft needs to do more than what they're doing if they want to stay competitive. I don't think depending on third party titles will be enough for them this gen.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Considering the poor hardware design choices they made it's doing better in NA than I expected. But it's getting crushed by PS4 in other parts of the world. But unlike something like the Sega Saturn it's doing well enough so that it should be around for the long haul.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@indzman said:

Looks pretty average.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I know that it's possible for weaker hardware to be the market leader but for MS to turn things around with X1 it would necessitate them going really bonkers with exclusive titles. And at this point I'm seeing no signs they intend to do that. I think they've always given up too quickly on their exclusives. If something doesn't become a huge hit right away, selling millions of copies, they just shelve the franchise never to be seen again. They certainly gave up on Mistwalker too soon. Despite sales Lost Odyssey was a great game and it filled a niche in their catalog. Even if a given title is not a big seller having a lot of them that the competition doesn't makes your platform more attractive. They seem to always judge the success of their exclusives on their own rather than stepping back and considering what having a plethora of them available can do for their platform as a whole. MS's mindset regarding exclusive content appears to be megahit or bust.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Xbone and future dont go together in a sentence

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I'm not convinced that any of the consoles have a very bright future. They're all disappointing in their own ways.

Nice "Wash" statement there lmao. PS4 is only being bested by the original Wii so far.. I GUESS it has a future *eyeroll*

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

halo, gears, forza, random third party game every six months. lemmings dont you get tired of the same franchises time after time?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

shoot you're hyping up a new Crackdown? That series is more stale than Capcom's Lost Planet.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

shoot you're hyping up a new Crackdown? That series is more stale than Capcom's Lost Planet.

The first one was okay but the second one suck donkey balls big time. I'm hoping Crackdown 3 will be good.

Back on topic, I say MS has learn good so far so I'm looking forward to what they do at E3 2015. Halo 5, Scalebound, and Cuphead is all I need on Xbox One.