Does the PS4 have the absolute worst launch lineup ever?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

The Xbox One has 6 exclusive games ready at launch.

The PS4 has 2 and neither are impressive.

Then if you look at the next 18 months, The Xbox One still dominates. Aside from indies few people play and my smartphone can get. Sony needs to step it up or its GG.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Do you make the absolute worst threads ever?

Yes.

And both launch lineup suck

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan1
BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattlefieldFan1
Member since 2012 • 841 Posts

@multipass35 said:

Then if you look at the next 18 months, The Xbox One still dominates. Aside from indies few people play and my smartphone can get. Sony needs to step it up or its GG.

It doesn't matter how many exclusives the Xbox ONE gets. Nothing's gonna stop the trainwreck that is the Xbone.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Poor Sony yet another flop on their hands.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@multipass35 said:

It doesn't matter how many exclusives the Xbox ONE gets. Nothing's gonna stop the trainwreck that is the Xbone.

I disagree, but I appreciate your opinion.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Nope. Actually the best launch lineup for Playstation yet. Think back to how good launch lineups are usually. They're pretty bad. Both Xbone's and PS4's launch lineup are a little better than the usual. But they both fall into the category of meh pretty decisively.

Also... inFamous: Second Son > Every exclusive on Xbone combined. Certified fact.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

No.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Erm, no. Not at all.

Both the next platforms suck as far as launch lineups (with X1 having the edge on launch day, but PS4 having edge within 6 months); but you obviously haven't been gaming long if you think either has the worst lineup ever.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@lx_theo said:

inFamous: Second Son > Every exclusive on Xbone combined. Certified fact.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lx_theo

@Spartan070 said:

@lx_theo said:

inFamous: Second Son > Every exclusive on Xbone combined. Certified fact.

Given the exclusive lineup of the Xbone amounts to nothing but crap, it wasn't hard. Everything good on the system that isn't on PS4 is coming to PC.

Live with it lem, live with your disappointment.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Multipass35

@lx_theo said:

Nope. Actually the best launch lineup for Playstation yet. Think back to how good launch lineups are usually. They're pretty bad. Both Xbone's and PS4's launch lineup are a little better than the usual. But they both fall into the category of meh pretty decisively.

Also... inFamous: Second Son > Every exclusive on Xbone combined. Certified fact.

Exactly why i love the mad cow disease, they are so delusional its hilarious.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lx_theo

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

Right, I'm the cow. The guy who's been calling out both cows and lemmings for the past few days.

Well, then, if I'm such a "cow"... Prove me wrong. What Xbone exclusive in this next year trumps Second Son? Then again, the hypocrisy of your own delusion should be quite a riot itself.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#15  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I dunno, the Xbox One one is pretty bad too.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

I dunno, the Xbox One one is pretty bad too.

Yeah they both sucked and filled with PS3/360 ports. If I had to choose one though, Killer Instinct is the only thing that sound interesting because I was a fan of the SNES version. Just curious to see how this one fares. Doesn't look good though.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Nope, that honor went to the PS3.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

No that would be the Xbone. $500 for 720p? LMAO

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Xbone and PS4 probably have the best launch line ups of all time... It just so happens most of the games are multiplat though

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Actually, the PS4 and the XB1 are slated to have the BEST launch lineups in console history, in so far as the # of quality games available at launch.

Not sure why XB1 fanboys are acting like there is nothing to play on the PS4 when more than half of both Next-Gen consoles have overlapping multiplats.

When you look at it rationally and not as a blind fanboy, the PS4 and the XB1 have the EXACT SAME GAMES, save for Killzone/Knack/Forza/RYSE.

But then, being rational is not a requirement for System Wars, so please - continue being blind!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

It actually has one of the best.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Multipass35

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

Right, I'm the cow. The guy who's been calling out both cows and lemmings for the past few days.

Well, then, if I'm such a "cow"... Prove me wrong. What Xbone exclusive in this next year trumps Second Son? Then again, the hypocrisy of your own delusion should be quite a riot itself.

Ok, Best Sandbox game at both E3 and GamesCom went to DR3. Happy?

Forza won best racing game at both shows as well as best console graphics at E3.

Ryse won best console graphics at GamesCom.

Titanfall won over 70 awards at E3 including best game at both E3 and GamesCom.

Knack, KZ , DC and ISS won a grand total of ZERO awards. Consider yourself proven wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

No, that would be the 3DS.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Look at the PS3's launch line-up if you think PS4's is bad.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

Forza won best racing game at both shows as well as best console graphics at E3.

Knack, KZ , DC and ISS won a grand total of ZERO awards. Consider yourself proven wrong.

And all those XB1 games at E3 were running on Supped-Up PCs that didn't actually match the launch XB1's specs and are now mostly running at reduced resolutions and/or framerates.

E3 awards are MEANINGLESS if the games don't even launch until 5 months later.

Lets talk again in January when the GOTY awards start getting handed out. Chances are, they'll all be CURRENT-GEN multiplats anyway.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

no, the ps2 launch was horrible.

it had what?

4 games?

and oni and madden were 2 of them, i forget the other two but that should tell you how horrible it was when i remember oni and madden.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Multipass35

@Netherscourge said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

And all those XB1 games at E3 were running on Supped-Up PCs that didn't actually match the launch XB1's specs and are now mostly running at reduced resolutions and/or framerates.

E3 awards are MEANINGLESS if the games don't even launch until 5 months later.

Lets talk again in January when the GOTY awards start getting handed out. Chances are, they'll all be CURRENT-GEN multiplats anyway.

Facts are facts son........ Deal with it. Your tears are tasty though.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lx_theo

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

Why would I care about singular awards from various gameshows?

DR is an okay franchise that excels largely in its positive spin on the atmosphere for killing zombies. Forza will always be Forza, and I still won't care (same for DriveClub and GT6). lol at Ryse. Really, graphics? Titanfall is still not a exclusive.

Are you saying that ISS was playable at these events, too? Because they just made it playable recently at the PS4 review. Are you really trying to compare them based off that? WOW.

Try again, little lemming. Also, lol at you using Titanfall and the Xbone's meh launch lineup. I even gave you the whole year to choose from.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'd say the PS3's launch was worse.

The best game it had was Resistance, and that may very well be one of the worst games ever created.

Killzone, while it has historically been bland, shallow, and derivative of modern military shooters like CoD/BF (and the new one doesn't look much better), has at least been much more enjoyable to play than Resistance was.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Multipass35

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

DR is an okay franchise that excels largely in its positive spin on the atmosphere for killing zombies. Forza will always be Forza, and I still won't care (same for DriveClub and GT6). lol at Ryse. Really, graphics? Titanfall is still not a exclusive.

Are you saying that ISS was playable at these events, too? Because they just made it playable recently at the PS4 review. Are you really trying to compare them based off that? WOW.

Try again, little lemming. Also, lol at you using Titanfall and the Xbone's meh launch lineup. I even gave you the whole year to choose from.

Titanfall like it or not, is an exclusive lol. Deal with the facts son, let those tears flow.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@multipass35: KZ is outselling everything on the X1 and it will probably be a good game as well.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@multipass35 said:

The answer is yes

At launch X1 has

DR3, Ryse, Forza, KI,

later in 2014

D4, Titanfall, Rivals, Halo, Quantum break, Sunset overdrive, Project Spark

PS4 has

Killzone, Knack

Later in 2014

Infamous, Driveclub

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lx_theo

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

Titanfall like it or not, is an exclusive lol. Deal with the facts son, let those tears flow.

PC... 360...

Have you been on System Wars long? Because exclusive means only on that system.

Try again, little lem. And lol at you relying and claiming ownage or tears or whatever when you've been backed into a corner. That really all you have? Man, that's sad.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@multipass35: KZ is outselling everything on the X1 and it will probably be a good game as well.

lol, if this is sarcasm it is pretty sweet.

the phrasing of killzone is outselling everything and will probably be good made me laugh.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

some arguments are lost on here the instant someone clicks 'reply'.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

@treedoor said:

The best game it had was Resistance, and that may very well be one of the worst games ever created.

...What?

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

Lets bring this argument to an end by showing that facts.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Hardly. Pretty good launch lineup IMO. Not the best, but then again all that is worth looking at on Xbox One is Dead Rising 3.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

Depends how you look at it... I mean, theres a lot of great games to play at launch, but their light exclusive offerings are bare bones common fare.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Multipass35

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

PC... 360...

Try again, little lem. And lol at you relying and claiming ownage or tears or whatever when you've been backed into a corner. That really all you have? Man, that's sad.

So its exclusive to MS products and not Sony? Thats what you said basically. There for its still an exclusive. But lets set that aside. lets go back and rewind, Lets forget titanfall for a moment.

You asked me to prove to you that you are wrong. I literally took you to school and based off your own personal opinion, you rejected the hard facts. See when Dead Rising 3 won best sandbox game at both E3 and GamesCom, ISS was also in that category because it to is openworld......... It lost to DR3. Its a fact.

See your opinion on ISS vs Xbox ONE launch exclusive's mean zero. Because we are not using your opinion or my opinion, we are using gaming expert opinion,. I didn't awards Titanfall, DR3, Ryse, Forza ect all those awards......... The experts that get paid to analyze these games voted.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

@CreatureRising said:

@treedoor said:

...What?

I think he's trying to say Resistance blows dogs for quarters....

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Heil68: you must enjoy mediocrity.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Multipass35

@muffin2020 said:

Lets bring this argument to an end by showing that facts.

Sorry, but we are talking games. not indies that are already on PC lol.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lx_theo

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

@multipass35 said:

@lx_theo said:

PC... 360...

So its exclusive to MS products and not Sony? Thats what you said basically. There for its still an exclusive. But lets set that aside. lets go back and rewind, Lets forget titanfall for a moment.

You asked me to prove to you that you are wrong. I literally took you to school and based off your own personal opinion, you rejected the hard facts. See when Dead Rising 3 won best sandbox game at both E3 and GamesCom, ISS was also in that category because it to is openworld......... It lost to DR3. Its a fact.

See your opinion on ISS vs Xbox ONE launch exclusive's mean zero. Because we are not using your opinion or my opinion, we are using gaming expert opinion,. I didn't awards Titanfall, DR3, Ryse, Forza ect all those awards......... The experts that get paid to analyze these games voted.

That's not an exclusive, lol. Here on the system wars, the rules state that it can only be on one system, kid. Stuff like Sly Cooper that was on the PS3 and PS Vita was not an exclusive, for example. Guess you are new to system wars, lem.

Are you still grasping with E3 awards? FYI, ISS won 10 awards at E3 (according to Sony), and Dead Rising won 9 (according to Capcom). You really want to play this game? Poor old Dead Rising, can't even beat out a game releasing well after it and not nearly as much shown off, lol.

Try again little lem, lol.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46  Edited By Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts

I remember a time where Sony was criticized for blowing their load way too early in regards to announcing games. They'll probably announce more games at GDC and the VGA's. Sony has an enormous 1st party / 2nd party group of developers. Guerilla has a new IP in the works, ND has two teams, Santa Monica has at least 2 teams, Media Molecule is working on a new game, SP is working on Infamous, Ready at Dawn is working on The Order 1886, Evolution is working on DriveClub, Japan Studios is being redesigned to bring AAA Japanese content etc.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@lx_theo said:

I agree on the infamous part ... it just looks on a totally different level.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#48 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@CreatureRising said:

@treedoor said:

...What?

I think he's trying to say Resistance blows dogs for quarters....

Oh I know, but I thought it was pretty much acknowledged that Resistance was a damn good game let alone launch title.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#49  Edited By D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

Did you just start gaming? That title goes to the N64 for only having 2 games at launch.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Stupid thread is stupid thread. You will get nothing more than opinions here (or anywhere else for that matter). But to answer, I like what the PS4 has to offer at launch over what the X1 has to offer at launch. The only halfway decent looking game the X1 has coming at launch is Forza 5 and I have already seen that thing in action and lets just say it wasn't very impressive.