Does Sony have the best 1st party?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Char wants to strike down a banhammer right now lol.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Just Zelda alone is infinitely better than anything Sony has put out.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Sonys first party destroys Nintendos every day of the week. Its not even close. Once Sony actually started caring about their first party studios and putting them in place, they have set the standards in the industry. Call me when Nintendo make games like Gran Turismo, Uncharted and Last of Us, God of War. Nintendo are INCAPABLE of making such masterpieces because they dont have Sonys talent. Hell, I even think that Microsoft have a better first party since they made a revolutionary game like Halo that basically changed consoles forever. Nintendo recycles the same joke kiddy games for 50 years and get a pass from fanboys every time lol. They only sell well because they are literally the only games on their irrelevant consoles lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Sonys first party destroys Nintendos every day of the week. Its not even close. Once Sony actually started caring about their first party studios and putting them in place, they have set the standards in the industry. Call me when Nintendo make games like Gran Turismo, Uncharted and Last of Us, God of War. Nintendo are INCAPABLE of making such masterpieces because they dont have Sonys talent. Hell, I even think that Microsoft have a better first party since they made a revolutionary game like Halo that basically changed consoles forever. Nintendo recycles the same joke kiddy games for 50 years and get a pass from fanboys every time lol. They only sell well because they are literally the only games on their irrelevant consoles lol.

lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I personally prefer Sony's first party offerings. Other than Zelda and a few other marquee titles I haven't been feeling Nintendo's recent offerings.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sony is far more diverse than Nintendo and releases games far more frequently. I love Zelda but most Nintendo games are pretty forgettable until you get to the NES and SNES days. Most... not all.

I'll agree Sony has the better exclusives.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I hadn't been here in a while so I may be getting people mixed up but hasn't TC made this exact same thread numerous times in the past with similar results every time?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Seriously this topic again lol. Nintendo wins the first party war. Nuff said.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I think Sony's 1st party is pretty overrated. As is some of Nintendo's. But Nintendo's best is above Sony's best. And most of Nintendo's mid-tier is on the same level or slightly better than Sony.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If Sony could actually match Nintendo's quality, they'd be my type of pub purely on how many new things they'll fund, and experimental shit. But on balance I would take Nintendo's first party consistently. I think they have better development teams, and I think Nintendo's highs are so much better than what Sony has to offer.

Talking purely in house studios: Sony's had 2 games i would deem good that I've played: Which is The Last Guardian....which I haven't even finished, and sort of Uncharted 4, and that game comes with the caveat that I basically don't find anything about that game special outside of some select combat encounters, everything else the game does can be done so much better by more focused games.

Infamous was the same dull bullshit it always was, but half of it this time, Gravity Rush is trash like most SCEJ games, Little Big Planet is a decent tool if you ignore better modding tools or the fact that its core mechanics are utter shit.

Nintendo, can't say I'm super enthused about a single one of their games outside Splatoon, because of the been there, done that aspect to their games, and in the case of 3D world, I don't like the direction of the core mechanics. But 3d World is still a good fucking game, ditto Donkey Kong, ditto Smash Bros. Ratchet n Clank and Bloodborne might spice up Sonys lineup a little, but they are third party games that Sony has funded more than anything. By that context Tokyo Weeb Sessions n The Wonderful 101 are also first party (second party), and I'll take The Wonderful 101 over those other 2 games any day of the week.

Throw in Link Between Worlds and stuff like Pushmo on the 3DS, and it's not fucking close. It also doesn't help that until Horizon is actually legit (and not hur durr it got a high meta score legit), Naughty Dog is the only studio I have any trust in under Sony. And even then I don't think all that great.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jg4xchamp
@charizard1605 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605: you didn't post your response lol. What you wrote was categorically false and you also need to accept that Nintendo has been horrible with new franchises. Sony deserves credit here and you are being a fanboy,

Sony does new IP than Nintendo. But that doesn't make them better.

Nintendo has not been 'horrible' with new IP, especially not in the last seven years.

They have absolutely been horrible when it comes to new ip.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Nope. And since we're saying first party and not exclusives in general, Sony gets third place for me.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No, they have their strengths and weaknesses, just like Nintendo and Microsoft. When all 3 have a first party lineup that covers all types of games and genres, then we might be able to tell " That company does it better than the other 2". Until then, it remains a matter of preference from my perspective: some genres and games are better represented overall with each company, simple as that as far as I'm concerned.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I think they are both at the top of their games and I wouldn't put one over the other because they play differently. Nintendo is awesome at adapting old IPs to new game standards. Their first party is the equivalent of an old musician that catches the tune of the time, follows it and creates their own mark but always playing their own style like Madonna. Sony is a different type of beast but awesome still in its own way. They adapt to the times and get the drift of what the tune should be but they reinvent themselves and transform themselves like David Bowie.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#65 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Nintendo, and it's not even close. That's the main reason they've still been relevant in the gaming industry as long as they have been.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Naughty Dog.... ew those games are so boring. I'll never understand what people see in them. TLoU had a cool story at least but the game play is just god awful.

Guerilla Games - I used to like the old Killzone games and I will be checking out Horizon

The rest of those studios/games I neither like or dislike enough to comment, let's just say not interested.

I got a PS4 to play BB, R&C and Disgaea. Nioh was a pleasant surprise.

Lucky for them Sony has third-party support.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11: you're really clinging on to the last xbox exclusive there lol

What does exclusive have to do with anything? I'd be as big a Halo fan if it was multiplat. I read the Witcher novels/comics and play the games as big as I do Halo. Why does whether a person is playing the same game as you, on another platform matter so much to you? Does a game being on one or even two platforms yet excluding others make a game more fun to play to you?

I read this thread being about first party. There is no rule anywhere that says first party studios must only make exclusives. MS owns Mojang and Minecraft, so its first party studio and game. Yet the game is Multiplat across countless platforms.

And why did you avoid the things I posted that are pertinent to your thread? Dreams and Days Gone aren't out yet. Why are you considering them worthy of beating Nintendo's first party already?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#68 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Are people even discussing this? Nintendo ofc

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

I like Sony. I respect what they bring to the table when it comes to a hobby that I love. They're kicking ass when it comes to sales and they've been killing 2017 so far with their exclusive titles.

But this thread and any one arguing that Sony 1st party is better than Nintendo 1st party is a joke.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

Nintendo is a one trick pony who struggles to cater to wider fan base. The games are quality sure but after years and years of creating the same games over and over they BETTER be top quality.

Nintendo new IP's are mostly spinoffs and silly sport games. The only real New IP they've created worth wild is Xenoblade while Sony has had many quality New IP's in different art styles and genre's. Motorstorm, Infamous, The Last of Us, Uncharted , Little Big Planet, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian. Until Dawn, MLB , Hot Shots Golf. God of War and the list goes on.

I find it funny people criticize MS but not Nintendo. Seems to me like double standards. If Sony didn't exist I wouldn't enjoy gaming nearly much as I do. Nintendo and MS are boring azz companies.

Sony ----> Nintendo

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Nintendo.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Sony is the king of funding/publishing/helping/cutting deals with with proper 3rd party efforts. Always has been. Demons Souls was amazing. Bloodborne, Street Fighter V, and Nioh are all among my favorites this gen. And I have no problem with this at all. I don't care who develops it, if Sony has a hand in bringing great games to the table then I appreciate it all the same.

And Sony has been doing that since they entered the console business, they've played a major role in getting us so many good games.

But their actual 1st party? Kinda shit for the most part. Ok, that's harsh, mediocre describes it better. When compared with Nintendo, they're absolutely amateur. They have the occasional flash in the pan good/great game, but that's incredibly rare. And those games never stack up to Nintendos best. Even Nintendos B-tier stuff is usually a cut above what Sonys 1st party is capable of.

@StormyJoe: Welcome back bro.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#73 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Isn't Quantic Dream also under Sony's banner?

Anyway, Sony has the best balance between quantity, diversity and quality, Nintendo the oldest and most consistant IPs, and MS has few, but the best when it comes to shooter and racing genres.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Nada... 343i, Turn 10, The Coalition and Rare... Just doesn't get any bigger & better than that. :P

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Sony has variety and is willing to give their studios creative freedom.

Nintendo whores out the same old IPs over and over again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Nintendo... by a mile.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Sony is the king of funding/publishing/helping/cutting deals with with proper 3rd party efforts. Always has been. Demons Souls was amazing. Bloodborne, Street Fighter V, and Nioh are all among my favorites this gen. And I have no problem with this at all. I don't care who develops it, if Sony has a hand in bringing great games to the table then I appreciate it all the same.

And Sony has been doing that since they entered the console business, they've played a major role in getting us so many good games.

But their actual 1st party? Kinda shit for the most part. Ok, that's harsh, mediocre describes it better. When compared with Nintendo, they're absolutely amateur. They have the occasional flash in the pan good/great game, but that's incredibly rare. And those games never stack up to Nintendos best. Even Nintendos B-tier stuff is usually a cut above what Sonys 1st party is capable of.

@StormyJoe: Welcome back bro.

I'm mostly burned out on Nintendo franchises. It's pretty much the same thing every gen . If I painted the same picture over and over for decades I'll be a master at it too. And that's basicly what Nintendo has done. They only have one style across the board wich is why they dont need powefuk tech. Nintendo is a really talented company who never reaches their full potential of creating new and memorable characters . If they could break out of the constant reputition and push themselves they could easlu create more diverse characters and appeal to a wider audience.

I also think people underestimate how much work time and effort Sony put into these companys. Even Naughty Dog admitted they wouldn't be nealy as good without Sonys help. I mean Sony is providing everthing theses company's need including new technolagy, staff, dev techniqes and overall more knowledge on game development in general. Notice how every game from Sony animates really well and is constantly pushing tech in many different ways.

@PAL360 said:

Isn't Quantic Dream also under Sony's banner?

Anyway, Sony has the best balance between quantity, diversity and quality, Nintendo the oldest and most consistant IPs, and MS has few, but the best when it comes to shooter and racing genres.

Not yet but if Detroit is successful Sony may acquire them eventually. For now they're obligated to 4 New IP's with Sony.

People don't realise it but GT is a more complex series than Forza especially at Pro levels.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Not to me they don't... but each to their own.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Blazed said:

I'm mostly burned out on Nintendo franchises.

Word, can't knock you for that. On the flip side though, nine times out of ten I'll take stagnant and great over fresh and mediocre.

And at least with Nintendo, while you may tire of the IP, they do a pretty great job at reinventing or putting significant twists on some of their major franchises. No two Zeldas are really the same. Ditto the main Mario platformers (NSMB got tired though, and SMG2 just being a much greater SMG1). Ditto Metroid. I'd love to see Nintendos top studios flex their muscle on some new IPs, but at least we still get very well designed games from them.

And really, let's look at Sonys top stuff. Bum ass third person shooters? Check. Bum ass first person shooters? Check. Bum ass action adventure game / beat em up? Check. Bum ass adventure games getting a free pass under the banner of "cinematic experience"? Check. Super bum ass platformer that gets apologized for because it has a slightly less bum ass level editor? Check.

Not exactly original stuff. Just bum versions of existing genres with different coats of paint. Team Ico, when they release a game, release some cool unique stuff. GT used to be top tier, they've been dethroned, but they're still a force in the genre.

But the vast majority of Sony stuff isn't original in gameplay, only in IP. And much of it is mediocrity that gets apologized for because of presentation value.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

I think you'd have to be pretty biased to not admit that Nintendo's party studios are the best in gaming overall.. At the same time, one also has to realize that the term "best" is subjective my nature in this case.. So what's best for one person's tastes may not be same for the next person..

That said, if you're looking for multiplayer experiences, shooters, and racers, Microsoft's should be your top choice.. Sony 1st parties excel at story-driven singleplayer experiences and are clearly the best in that regard.. But when it comes to timeless classics that will still likely be enjoyed 10 years from now, Nintendo is the absolute best in my opinion..

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Nintendo has the best first party, and it's not even close.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Long answer: Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#83 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Apart from Zelda, Nintendo games are garbage. No one buys their home consoles anymore, not much appeal.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@samfisher56 said:

lol

Double lol.

@samfisher56 enjoy your revolutionary 8 hour games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

I say is pretty even between both.

No you can't. You have to play games in order to form an opinion on which is better. Scores don't determine which is better to an individual. Games are abode your pay grade.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: SF5 and Nioh don't need Sony. It's just them sticking their finger in desperate japanese devs to get a console exclusive and pretty up their lineup.

Look at Nier Automata. Game was fine for pc until Sony started causing confusing with the release date. or how AC7, Ni No Kuni 2 and Crash where called exclusives for awhile until it turns out they weren't.

Hell, look at Shenmue 3. They even clarified they're not funding it, but to get E3 bonus points, they feature it on stage.

They didn't even release OR announce a new IP owned indie game last year, but abandoned RIME, edith finch and wattam instead.7

There's even fucking timed deals to for dlc for cod, destiny and even PSVR. Really? 1 year timed exclusivity for VR, when the tech is brand new and their opponents are twice the price?

I'm not saying doesn't assit third party devs with other deals, but they're a minority nowadays.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@deadline-zero0:

Yeah, that's fair. It's entirely possible that I'm overselling that aspect, admittedly I don't keep up with the details.

I guess my point is that Sony strikes up some excellent 3rd party exclusive deals, always has. That's their biggest strength as a platform holder to me. First party though? Meh. They've discovered the recipe to critical success in the modern industry, but they rarely deliver the actual goods.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: i don't have an issue with 3rd party when they own the IP like helping creat Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Detroit. Hell, console exclusives are fine too.

The problem is how so many of them are kept under confusion in terms of pc releases. SF5 was fine anyway. It's shit like Nier where after PSX the steam version is no longer meantioned and marketing deals for ps1 themed droid statues and GR2 crossover dresses show up.

Take a guess why the steam release is still missing.

And like i said, Sony's going down in terms of those IP owned 3rd Party (indies like rime or aaa like Detroit) and closed 1st party studios, so now we have alot of "maybe on pc, maybe not.......oh turns out it is coming to pc" revealed 6-12 months later games.

If they made a deal for an IP owned Crash game, i'd be more than cool with it. The N Sane collection being shrouded in confusion of exclusivity is just bad.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

I think Nintendo's might be better.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Sony do have the best 1st party I think, however 1st party is such a small section of a systems library.

I dont own either console yet, and sony have not produced enough 1st party games that make the purchase worth while for me.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11: you're really clinging on to the last xbox exclusive there lol

What does exclusive have to do with anything? I'd be as big a Halo fan if it was multiplat. I read the Witcher novels/comics and play the games as big as I do Halo. Why does whether a person is playing the same game as you, on another platform matter so much to you? Does a game being on one or even two platforms yet excluding others make a game more fun to play to you?

I read this thread being about first party. There is no rule anywhere that says first party studios must only make exclusives. MS owns Mojang and Minecraft, so its first party studio and game. Yet the game is Multiplat across countless platforms.

And why did you avoid the things I posted that are pertinent to your thread? Dreams and Days Gone aren't out yet. Why are you considering them worthy of beating Nintendo's first party already?

Because I value a company that takes risks. To me that is a bigger skill than just updating an existing IP for a current audience. But I love Nintendo games either way.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Naughty Dog - havent played UC4 or TLOU though I did find UC 1-3 overrated

Guerilla - Killzonr is FAR from a good shooter

Santa Monica - last great game they made was on PS2

Team ICO - they made 3 games.

Japan Studios - I guess Gravity Rush is good

Sucker Punch - Hopefully they make a proper, full-length game again.

San Diego - when's the last time these f*cks changed engine or greatly improved gameplay? Seriously. People bash EA for running Madden into ground but these guys are ten times worse.

Polyphony - I still think Forza surpassed them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#93  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Because I value a company that takes risks. To me that is a bigger skill than just updating an existing IP for a current audience. But I love Nintendo games either way"

Me too. I never saw a game that tried to put the antagonist view point into livie action seamlessly interspersed with playing as the protaganist like QB before. Turned out good, not great or even very good but good.

Gave Sunset Overdrive a place because the devs wished to maintain ownership of the ip. Turned out to be challenging and great.

RTS on console. It's a 4 letter word to ballbag fanboys here. But they gave fans of one of the most celebrated sci fi universes another regardless of profit.

Sea of Thieves. I'm in th insider program and played for 3 hours 9 days ago. This forum will shit on it, mark my words, but nothing has been as team building, communicative and rallying this gen Imo.

Risks are a good thing, broadening your horizons on what a risk is, is a great thing.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

@jaydan said:
@charizard1605 said:
@samfisher56 said:

lol

Double lol.

@samfisher56 enjoy your revolutionary 8 hour games.

Enjoy your eternally rehashed kiddy garabge from 50 years ago lol.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Sony's 1st party is def on par with Nintendo's. Tiniest edge goes to Nintendo because Mario and Zelda.

MS? Absolute trash. Since 2001 their 1st party has created a whopping 2 sustainable IPs. Halo and Forza.

Congrats lemmings lol

TLHBO

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SolidGame_basic

@cainetao11: MS has tried to mitigate risk by putting their IP's on PC as well as console. Unfortunately games like QB and Sunset Overdrive did not make a lasting impression on gamers. MS hasn't had a truly great new IP since Gears of War, and that wasn't a first party game at the time.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#97 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

With all the same type of topics you create solid, I'll be shocked if you do not receive some sort of compensation from Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I see a number of comments discussing the variety of genres each company develop but I think it's fair to say they both host a healthy sum of different genres.

Sony primarily produces third person action games (Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War) but also has recurring franchises in racing(Wipeout, Grand Turismo), platformers (Knack, Ratchet and Clank, Teraway, LBP), sports (MLB), party games (Singstar, Playstation World), RPGs (Horizon Zero Dawn) and shooters (Killzone) and fighting games (Playstation allstars: Battle Royal)

Likewise, Nintendo puts out primarily platformers(Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi) but also has racing games(Mario Kart), puzzle games(Pushmo, BoxBoxBoy), sports(Wii Sports, Mario Sports titles), party games(Nintendoland, Wii Party U), RPGs (Xenoblade, Pokemon, Mario & Luigi RPG. Paper Mario), shooters (Splatoon, Star Fox), simulation games (Animal Crossing), action-adventure games (The Legend of Zelda), strategy(Pikmin and Fire Emblem) and fighting games (Super Smash Bros, Punchout, Arms).

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

With all the same type of topics you create solid, I'll be shocked if you do not receive some sort of compensation from Sony.

I used to own an Xbox One. I beat Sunset Overdrive. It was fun, but repetitive. Once you got the concept, you either liked it or got bored or got frustrated by the controls/camera. I purchased Quantum Break but played like 30 minutes of it. The whole idea of watching live cut scenes interspersed with gameplay just didn't appeal to me. The story didn't really grab me either. The only games I truly enjoyed on X1 were Halo 5 and Forza Horizon series. I also enjoyed Killer Instinct, but it wasn't enough for me to keep the system. I make threads about all systems. Honestly after a while I may forget that I already made a topic about it haha. But some topics need to be revisited too.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jg4xchamp

@funsohng said:

Santa Monica - last great game they made was on PS2

Japan Studios - I guess Gravity Rush is good

Wasn't even great, and no the **** it isn't.