Does Microsoft Deserve Their Current Condition?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does Microsoft Deserve Their Current Condition? (119 votes)

Yes 70%
No 29%

Considering how last generation went, do you think there were things Microsoft did that suggest they deserve where they are today with Sony having a ridiculous amount of lead in terms of sales and consumer base?

• 
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@nyadc said:

They deserved it, in the past-tense, however people need to let go of the past and realize the console itself and the people who are heading it now are going a completely different direction, a great direction which has made the Xbox One a really good console.

This console doesn't even have a stigma anymore, I think it's just people's unwillingness to let go of things long since past and in general most are expressing over-dramatics.

100% correct.

100% wrong. They're still coasting on HaloForzaGears because they didn't even give themselves breathing room when they were in the driver's seat last gen. The single greatest thing Sony did with the PS1 and PS2 was investing heavily in exclusives. MS is now having to do what they've been needing to do for two generations by experimenting with new IP. It's a slow and reactionary way to run a major platform and they are paying dearly for it.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Whistle_Blower
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@nyadc said:

They deserved it, in the past-tense, however people need to let go of the past and realize the console itself and the people who are heading it now are going a completely different direction, a great direction which has made the Xbox One a really good console.

This console doesn't even have a stigma anymore, I think it's just people's unwillingness to let go of things long since past and in general most are expressing over-dramatics.

100% correct.

100% wrong. They're still coasting on HaloForzaGears because they didn't even give themselves breathing room when they were in the driver's seat last gen. The single greatest thing Sony did with the PS1 and PS2 was investing heavily in exclusives. MS is now having to do what they've been needing to do for two generations by experimenting with new IP. It's a slow and reactionary way to run a major platform and they are paying dearly for it.

Oh no, don't tell that to Xbox fans. They'll defend it to their death. It's hilarous how much Xbox fanbase from last gen hung M$ out to dry this gen. They made excuses for M$ throughout last gen, and then they weren't there to back M$ up when the XB1 launched. M$ still fails to learn and neither do the fanboys. They didn't shut up about Titan Fall and went on about it forever. Oh look, it's another HaloGearsCod hybrid. What's the point of a new IP if it's the exact same thing as the same games? So, the pattern is never going to stop. Lots of M$ future IPs will be FPSs and Forza games because that's what their fanbase wants. Look how much xbox ones Halo 5 alone sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Launch with a shitty weak UGLY AS SIN console, with DRM, a stupid expensive peripheral and focus on Television...YES, YES they deserve it all and more.

This is rubbish... "focus on TV" ... not just a focus on "all in one tv device" which is NOT a bad goal to have... afterall, a smart tv cannot play games. a console that does it all is the only option in this case (ofcourse, thats not to say a remote and a console is any worse in reality) ... no reason why the device shouldn't push for more.

Also, are people forgetting that Sony admitted they were going to go the same route until they saw the backlash? Sony are not Pro-consumor .... they just lucked the f*ck out and have better brand penetartion in EU/Asia . But hey, nobody kicked up a fuss when they started charging for PSN+ mandatory ... something THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD NEVER DO..... OH GOODY.

That being said, I'm disappointed with the latest XB1 u.i .. is this suppose to be the windows 10 conversion? its friggin fugly.

Meanwhile sony focus on western shooters (the friggin irony) have a far worse OS with far less features... and generally no other worthwhile market features or eco system... and still worse servers.

But what's done, is done. Sony's first party isn't doing so well outside of a demon-souls series exclusive.... which is practically just a bought in game... which MS would be demonized for doing... *cough* tomb raider *cough*.

Both these companies are sh*t stains.... but at least Microsoft serve a wider purpose. I couldn't care if something replaced sony... other than them being in Japan, thus bringing SOME japanese games... they offer nothing unique that couldn't be done elsewhere, if not better.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Whistle_Blower

@MBirdy88 said:
@Douevenlift_bro said:

Launch with a shitty weak UGLY AS SIN console, with DRM, a stupid expensive peripheral and focus on Television...YES, YES they deserve it all and more.

This is rubbish... "focus on TV" ... not just a focus on "all in one tv device" which is NOT a bad goal to have... afterall, a smart tv cannot play games. a console that does it all is the only option in this case (ofcourse, thats not to say a remote and a console is any worse in reality) ... no reason why the device shouldn't push for more.

Also, are people forgetting that Sony admitted they were going to go the same route until they saw the backlash? Sony are not Pro-consumor .... they just lucked the f*ck out and have better brand penetartion in EU/Asia .

That being said, I'm disappointed with the latest XB1 u.i .. is this suppose to be the windows 10 conversion? its friggin fugly.

Meanwhile sony focus on western shooters (the friggin irony) have a far worse OS with far less features... and generally no other worthwhile market features or eco system... and still worse servers.

But what's done, is done. Sony's first party isn't doing so well outside of a demon-souls series exclusive.... which is practically just a bought in game... which MS would be demonized for doing... *cough* tomb raider *cough*.

Both these companies are sh*t stains.... but at least Microsoft serve a wider purpose. I couldn't care if something replaced sony... other than them being in Japan, thus bringing SOME japanese games... they offer nothing unique that couldn't be done elsewhere, if not better.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on the part about sony "lucked the **** out"

How much shit and backlash and warnings of bankrupcy did they get last gen? Despite all of that they didn't give up and kept trying out new IPs. TLOU, WKC, HR, B2S, LBP, Lair, UC, Modnation, Haze, Infamous, Resistance, Warhawk, Starhawk...those were all new Ips/huge risks...not all of them succeeded but at least they tried. MS tried with Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey and maybe Banjo, and those games quickly vanished and were never heard from again, and then Xbox fans were trolled with HALOGEARSFORZA for almost a decade. So, no Sony did not luck out. They started over.. They learned from what went wrong with the PS4. They listened to Gamers. They allowed developers to develop a console that will enable them to give gamers what they want. They literally left it all up to the market and said, tell us what you want. They worked hand in hand with devs and they listened. They learned from their mistakes, M$' mistakes, and Nintendo's mistakes, all while MS were being greedy, cocky monopolists and Nintendo was still vampiring off nostalgic gamers. So, sorry but I completely disagree with the part about Luck. It all adds up, and referencing the DRM and outrageous announcements of 2013, no one appears to be surprised.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

What's with all the new cow accounts joining on November of this year??.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Snugenz said:

School break or something no doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@whistle_blower said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Douevenlift_bro said:

Also, are people forgetting that Sony admitted they were going to go the same route until they saw the backlash? Sony are not Pro-consumor .... they just lucked the f*ck out and have better brand penetartion in EU/Asia .

How much shit and backlash and warnings of bankrupcy did they get last gen? Despite all of that they didn't give up and kept trying out new IPs. TLOU, WKC, HR, B2S, LBP, Lair, UC, Modnation, Haze, Infamous, Resistance, Warhawk, Starhawk...those were all new Ips/huge risks...not all of them succeeded but at least they tried. MS tried with Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey and maybe Banjo, and those games quickly vanished and were never heard from again, and then Xbox fans were trolled with HALOGEARSFORZA for almost a decade. So, no Sony did not luck out. They started over.. They learned from what went wrong with the PS4. They listened to Gamers. They allowed developers to develop a console that will enable them to give gamers what they want. They literally left it all up to the market and said, tell us what you want. They worked hand in hand with devs and they listened. They learned from their mistakes, M$' mistakes, and Nintendo's mistakes, all while MS were being greedy, cocky monopolists and Nintendo was still vampiring off nostalgic gamers. So, sorry but I completely disagree with the part about Luck. It all adds up, and referencing the DRM and outrageous announcements of 2013, no one appears to be surprised.

Pfft you are largely over playing that list... and mis-using the words "Huge risk". But still, ofcourse they have learned, they had to. But that doesn't change the underlying fact, that they are money grubbing assholes, that just survived (e.g LUCKED OUT) by going 2nd in the reveal events ... resulting in time to change their plan to look better than the competition despite WANTING to do the EXACT same thing. and going back on something as big as mandatory PS+.... while still not being able to provide a service as good as XBOX LIVE to justify said FORCED expenses.

Price point (again another go 2nd advantage to NOT force PS Camera after XB1 reveal was another LUCK OUT situation).

Where are all the creative IPs now? don't say bloodborne... what a joke. thats a new "I.P" in the same sense as renaming Mario to friggin Giovanni .... and they have the gaul to say "Bloodborne was a major risk" ... oh yea... because a well established franchise clone such a big risk!

Don't get me wrong, im not club xbox . but the PS4 has been nothing but a disappointment... this console generation is ass.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

They deserve to be stomped and kicked out of the console race, dwarfed into irrelevance after the BS they tried to pull off with DRM when they first announced the console, after Sony humilliated and openly taunted them with their BS they were forced to cut it off, if it weren't for Sony it'd be a completely different machine, Microsoft has shown their true colors time and time again and their platforms deserve no support, i want the definitive annihillation of the xbox brand.

Xbox-Not even one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59256 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

They deserve to be stomped and kicked out of the console race, dwarfed into irrelevance after the BS they tried to pull off with DRM when they first announced the console, after Sony humilliated and openly taunted them with their BS they were forced to cut it off, if it weren't for Sony it'd be a completely different machine, Microsoft has shown their true colors time and time again and their platforms deserve no support, i want the definitive annihillation of the xbox brand.

Xbox-Not even one.

Yes, and that turnaround was nothing to do with consumer complaints or respect, which initially they happily put a PR spin on amounting to "get fucked".

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

I own 2 XB1's and can honestly admit MS absolutely deserves the ass kicking they're getting this gen.

Before the Gen started when the rumors were swirling around of what MS was launching with everyone in the Gaming Media told MS that their idea of a low powered, Kinect only, always online DRM console was a Horrible idea. So MS goes ahead and announces that they are going to do it anyway. When Don Matrick is questioned about people with poor or no internet connection he goes on and answers "they can buy an Xbox360".

You want to talk about Spitting in consumers faces? That was the most disgusting display of arrogance I have ever seen a gaming Exec take. To top it off MS tried to force Kinect into the box and then gave us weaker HW.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Whistle_Blower

@MBirdy88 said:
@whistle_blower said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Douevenlift_bro said:

Pfft you are largely over playing that list... and mis-using the words "Huge risk". But still, ofcourse they have learned, they had to. But that doesn't change the underlying fact, that they are money grubbing assholes, that just survived (e.g LUCKED OUT) by going 2nd in the reveal events ... resulting in time to change their plan to look better than the competition despite WANTING to do the EXACT same thing. and going back on something as big as mandatory PS+.... while still not being able to provide a service as good as XBOX LIVE to justify said FORCED expenses.

Price point (again another go 2nd advantage to NOT force PS Camera after XB1 reveal was another LUCK OUT situation).

Where are all the creative IPs now? don't say bloodborne... what a joke. thats a new "I.P" in the same sense as renaming Mario to friggin Giovanni .... and they have the gaul to say "Bloodborne was a major risk" ... oh yea... because a well established franchise clone such a big risk!

Don't get me wrong, im not club xbox . but the PS4 has been nothing but a disappointment... this console generation is ass.

Come on, you're clearly reaching. If sony had carried over huge successful PS2 franchises and just focused on those, they would have had it made with the PS3. If they had just released SOCOM,GOW, and Gran Tourismo every year and then constantly advertised multiplats like AC, CoD, NFS, and more in ways that suggested they were PS3 exclusives, they also would've gotten away with it. M$ continued to insult the intelligence of gamers and got away with it for almost a decade until people finally said enough. Also, aside from the fact that MS shot themselves in the foot, Sony on their own part alone did their homework and they learned and created a solid gaming system, so yes we're still waiting for games but I'd rather wait than be forced to play GEARSHALOFORZA again and again for another decade. How quickly was TFall forgotten after its release? AC and CoD sales are plumeting and the only taste of salvation M$ has had in a while is Halo5. What does that tell you? How many times were they warned last gen? How many times did people point out the fact that they're constantly making the same games and milking the same brodude/casual gamers demographic? How many times did people warn that this will eventually happen? The answer is a lot. You have an entire console and an entire decade dedicated to releasing the same damn games every time throughout last gen. It shouldn't have been called the Xbox 360. It should've been called the HALOFORZAGEARS BOX. Also, how are you saying sony is moneygrubbing? When the 360 first came out how many external components did gamers had to buy just to use it? People were paying extra for ethernet adapters and batteries, and also XBL, while the PS3 was struggling to establish itself, MS saw the poor state the PS3 was in and figured they could do whatever the hell they wanted and get away with it, so they took the wallets of gamers and milked them for all they're worth. You don't get to call Sony moneygrubbers. There's a reason people abbreviate microsoft with M$. Compared to M$ Sony were definitely not moneygrubbers. MS turned the gaming industry, something that was for a core audience, and monopolized it, cheapened it, and demoralized it. Bungie left for a reason. They were absolutely wreckless and don't deserve to be in gaming. How many times was this XB1/PC crossplatform predicted? How many times were xbox fans warned even in other forums that I used to parttake in that MS will eventually bring all XB exclusive to PC, which means PCfans and xbox fans will become merged and Xbox fans won't have any exlvuisves. You've seen how PC gamers are, they will deny Xbox fans and hang them out to dry. Microsoft only cares about money and they're blatant about it. If it's not going to sell or if it involves any risk, it's just not going to happen with them. Sony, on the other hand, dug deep, and continued to try despite when they failed with Lair, and with many other games. You don't get to call them money grubbers. Like I said, people reveal their true colors when things are really good and when things are really bad. Sony maintained humility both when things were bad and when they became good. Microsoft on the other hand, were greedy and negligent.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22409 Posts

@nyadc said:
@Snugenz said:

School break or something no doubt.

Yeah makes sense.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Yup.

They tried to change the industry on their own for their own greed.

They tried to tell us what we could and couldn't do with RETAIL discs.

They promptly got knocked the **** out and have had to shit can their whole initial vision of the console.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Whistle_Blower

@Heil68: It's not even about the DRM and outrageous announcements alone, it's about what it tells us about how they perceive gamers and the industry. To think they thought it was something that was okay to attempt and whatever basis they thought they had just tells us how they see gamers. They didn't think we had a choice. They thought they were on untouchable, and upon being on top, look at what they tried to do. That was when they revealed their true colors. Here's an analogy. A girl or guy who's going through rough times can claim to love you but that love might be based on temporary circumstances. Once those circumstances go away, will they still love you? Now, someone who has their life ideally in order and everything in place, when they say they love you, it shoudl be more credible because there aren't any external circumstances in place. Similarly, MS had things ideally (to them at least) in order, and look how they treated their userbase.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Shewgenja

I still think the XBox brand should just take a hike. At this point, they're languishing and trying to rebuild a brand while completely wrecking Nintendo in a price war they are in no position to be in. Meanwhile, Steam Machine or NVidia Shield could really take the third spot and make things great for console gaming.

I know it makes the Lems on this board mad as all shit, but the truth is that if Sony didn't stand up to MS and their direction in gaming, we'd all be huddled around the WiiU like a barrel fire outside a homeless shelter.

I swear there are better days ahead. People just have to let go of the idea that money fixes everything. It's childish, and even dangerous to assume gaming needs the XBox.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Initially, yes. You can't introduce a console with strict DRM and weak hardware. They dropped the ball with the reveal and it set up the PS as the winner of this gen. We all know that half of their policies were dropped, but the average Joe does not and still believes the Kinect is spying on you lol. With that said, I highly doubt MS will make the same mistake again. I expect the next Xbox to be more powerful than Sony's and have a simple message. If anything this gen gave MS a slice of humble pie.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Load their Xbone announcement conference, watch it for 5 minutes and tell me if they deserve it or not.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@MBirdy88

"Also, are people forgetting that Sony admitted they were going to go the same route until they saw the backlash? Sony are not Pro-consumor ...."

Total bs, Yoshida answered the question long time before the xbone reveal in an interview from Eurogamers :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-the-big-interview-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-on-ps4

It was never part of their initial plan, but certainly if the whole industry went that route, they were to do the same. Big difference!!!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#70 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

To be honest,I don't think their current condition is so bad.The Xbox One is still selling at a faster rate then the Xbox 360 was in the same lifetime.I love my Xbox One,but I'm no fanboy,I'm still willing to give the PS4 a chance if they would have better controllers.I don't dislike Sony,but I wouldn't wish harm on them either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Lmao idiotic cowturds in here wishing and wanting Xbox brand to take a hike.

Xbox brand = Cows' worst never ending nightmare.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Yeah. They shot themselves in the foot. No denying it. They've done a pretty bang-up job since their 180.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Whistle_Blower

69 Votes. Nobody move.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#74 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sovkhan: stand corrected. Regardless, they played it like a chess king.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Whistle_Blower

@cainetao11: I love how your signature quote is ironically from Phil Spencer, the biggest advocate in the one thing he's trying to preach against.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sovkhan

@cainetao11

I don't know if telling your rival your strategy three months in advance is chess king???

Anyway, Ms was stubborn, knowing sony won't follow their path, they still decided to go that route !!!

I know they have done alot to turn the things around, but the global perception is much harder to overcome;

but it's their fault in the first place.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

I still think the XBox brand should just take a hike. At this point, they're languishing and trying to rebuild a brand while completely wrecking Nintendo in a price war they are in no position to be in. Meanwhile, Steam Machine or NVidia Shield could really take the third spot and make things great for console gaming.

I know it makes the Lems on this board mad as all shit, but the truth is that if Sony didn't stand up to MS and their direction in gaming, we'd all be huddled around the WiiU like a barrel fire outside a homeless shelter.

I swear there are better days ahead. People just have to let go of the idea that money fixes everything. It's childish, and even dangerous to assume gaming needs the XBox.

Completely agree.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cainetao11

@whistle_blower: I'm all about giving others things to love. Enjoy

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

For 2013? Yes.

For the back tracking? Yes.

For trying to fix their stuff? No, they deserve better.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cainetao11

@sovkhan: no doubt. Their past leadership had a strange view of their standing that was definitely skewed. But in the end, I like my x1, it's features, games I have and look forward to ones coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

They most definitely deserve to lose this gen for what they tried to pull at the start.

I may eventually forgive, but I'll never forget.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sovkhan

@cainetao11

Of course, never doubted that, and that what is important in the end...Enjoying your games!!!!

But on topic, Ms got cocky and they need a hell of humility and patience to recover. back.

Good news ; they are on good tracks!!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cainetao11

@sovkhan: that's what I meant by past leadership's view of where they stood. You'd have to be arrogant to think that gen meant you could pull all they were trying to. I stand by my statement though. Off the record, I bet many devs want the no used games part. They make nothing from them. I know if I was a dev I wouldn't want used games.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Umm... yeah.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

They deserved it for not realizing the full extent of cable cutting. They went all in on being an all emcompassing entertainment system and it backfired.

Kinect could have been cool, but the timing and execution is awful.

One thing I never liked about Microsoft is how out of touch their designers are with making intuitive products.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Aside from the always-online debacle and "TV TV TV" campaign, they had the gall to charge $100 more than the PS4 for a weaker machine. It's like they learned nothing from Sony's arrogance with the PS3.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@notafanboy: I don't have a problem with you being Sony's bitch, I accept that, but denying you are is taking it a little bit too far, then you get no sympathy, take a look, Shitgenja and Elatormentado are Sony bitches, proud to be so with flying colors.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 NotAFanboy

@raugutcon said:

@notafanboy: I don't have a problem with you being Sony's bitch, I accept that, but denying you are is taking it a little bit too far, then you get no sympathy.

As much as it pains you, I am not a fanboy. I am a gamer, and I support whichever company is best for the industry.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@notafanboy: you are too funny !!!

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NotAFanboy

@raugutcon said:

@notafanboy: you are too funny !!!

Say what you want, but from my name you can tell I am no fanboy.

I support whichever company is the most pro-consumer. Not saying the PS4 is 100% consumer-friendly, but all of its negative features was started by Microsoft.

History has shown that SONY doesn't have the balls to try to fleece the consumers unless the competition is doing it successfully.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@uninspiredcup: ms was planning for an always online digital only cloud enhanced console that allowed game sharing between family members living in different locations. DRM was just the copy protection. Happens to be something people get their back hairs up about and with this setup, losing one feature makes the rest of the house fall.

Honestly, i think theyve recovered pretty well for such a failure.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sovkhan

@cainetao11

Some Devs certainly were advocates of all drm shit, some weren't.

Ms has once again chosen the wrong horse, knowing in advance sony's stance.

The used market is huuuuuge; why in hell should "games" be an exception???

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@notafanboy said:
@Shewgenja said:

Completely agree.

Shocking.

DriftingHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DriftingHaze
Member since 2014 • 143 Posts

@Shewgenja: Preach!!!!!

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

Sony have done FAR worse than Microsoft when it comes to anti-consumer but they always end up getting forgiven as if nothing happened. E3 2013 will stick with people forever because of how idiotic social media is nowadays.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Whistle_Blower

@funkmaster1233: I completely disagree. WHat are your premises?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Shewgenja

@Snugenz: When I'm right, it's hard to argue. I can even throw the PS4 under the bus to make the argument.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shewgenja

@funkmaster1233: Yeah, wah wah weh, poor MS and the unforgiving social media..

Frankly, social media built the Xbox brand. Let's not even pretend otherwise.

http://youtu.be/BOHqG1nc_tw

Just saying.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Last place is not given. It is earned.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Whistle_Blower

@Shewgenja said:

@funkmaster1233: Yeah, wah wah weh, poor MS and the unforgiving social media..

Frankly, social media built the Xbox brand. Let's not even pretend otherwise.

http://youtu.be/BOHqG1nc_tw

Just saying.

it did. there were soooo many people last gen who actually thought multiplats were 360 exclusives and that ps3 exclusives were also on 360. I'm not even kidding.