Do you care about Trophies and Achievements?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I like having a record of games I finished, but I gave up all of my trophies from the PS3 era because I didn't like my username. So it wasn't of supreme importance to me.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

nah i don't really care, but i got 1 Platinum though.. from God of War 3

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'm too lazy to bother with achievements most of the time.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

When they first came out I did, but after a month because I did not play online I disconnected my 360 from the net and never connected my PS3. So neither system shows my awards on them. Now both systems are long gone.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

If I like the game I will go for 100%, even if it takes alot of grinding or challenge i will want to do it. (I used to do this BEFORE achievements, I would go for 100% in mario games, 100% in Grand Theft Auto, 100% in Metroid Prime, etc).

If the game is easy, and not painful to 100% I will go for it. Although I try not to subject myself to really bad games for the purposes of "trophies" or achievements.

If the game sucks AND requires any effort at all, then I don't care about trophies or achievements. I have a ton of games that I've 100% between my PS3 and 360 - but I've also walked away from plenty of games with single digit % completion just because the game was so bad or I just didn't really feel like it. I'm not all that obsessive about "completion" (especially when the trophies at times can be relatively pointless, and not really related to beating the actual game). I've have some people on my friends lists that obviously try to 100% *EVERY* game no matter how bad. That's just crazy to me. I don't care that much. I also almost never buy DLC just to try and keep up 100% completion - but I see people that not only 100% the regular game, but all of the DLC as well. Crazy.

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

I have a hard time believing those who don't care about trophies can even finish a game on the hardest difficulty.

I'm collecting trophies but would prefer them to just be rewards for finishing the game on hard. I hate collectibles and online trophies.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

kids love trophys real gamers dont give ac rap

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#58 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I have to have a real passion and joy for the video game. For example, Lately I've been playing minecraft and I LOVE it. (for Ps3) and since the game only has 29 trophies to get the plat I decided to go for it. So far I have 19 out of the 29 trophies. Technically I only have 9 more to go since the plat in the last one.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Nope. The only game I thought did them brilliantly was Dead Rising.

Why so?

They were dumb shit, or clever shit. Like the type of stuff you get for doing something different or wreckless in a game.

Not 100 headshots, beat the game on hard, you know play through this campaign and choose ending A and B. Crackdown had some really good achievements as well.

In other words they were actual achievements and not just something that happened without effort.

I don't need a trophy every time I reach a new chapter, I didn't do anything to deserve it. You shouldn't need a carrot on a stick to help keep me playing your game to the end, it should be good enough to do that itself

ShadowHawk676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ShadowHawk676
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts

Not really but from time to time you see a trophy or achievement and think to yourself "I'm going to get that". So it does give some games some replay value but those are few and far between.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I've earned all but four of the Trophies for BF4 (excluding those for the China Rising expansion pack). One of them seems as if it's going to be nearly impossible to obtain; it requires that I deliver five bombs in the multiplayer game mode, Obliteration. Damn. That Platinum Trophy is so far, yet so close.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Use to but now they're just a measuring stick for how "dedicated" someone is during an online gaming session.

Ie.. If someone has 700-800 trophies/achievements ect.. in said game you're playing.. chances are they know their way around and can be an asset.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

No.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Never did and never will.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

My experience mirrors yours. I cared about them in the early days of the 360 but when I started playing on my PS3 I didn't care about them at all. However I've started up again. They are useful in getting more out of a game by giving you more to work towards. Just trying to get a platinum at the moment in AC IV. I only need to get a few multiplayer ones and I'm there.

It's a bit embarrassing how many games I have that are only about 10%.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I will do them sometimes. But I wouldn't die without them

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

I'm not 13, so no.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i like trophies, but for some reason i dont really care about the score. maybe its cuz i can see the trophy breakdown more clearly than scores. its nice to see the things you accomplished in games.

also i only trophy hunt for games i like, and i dont punish myself to get every platinum.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Not really and some achievements are just plain ridiculous.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I had to start over with achievements on X box One because I used an old email address on the 360 that I cannot access anymore. Myself and 2 of my friends had this same issue and all had to create new gamer tags. So I guess I am more into trophies now. I like that I can download PS+ games for free on vita and PS3 and work on the trophy count. Let's hope the PS4 list of ps+ titles picks up so I can work on those too. Then again, I guess I own all of the worth while PS4 games.

That's the situation I'm in now with the PS4. I was automatically being logged into the old account with my old email on the PS3 not long ago, but logging out and trying to log in again with what I thought was the password is not working. Of course, it's linked to the email which doesn't exist anymore, so if I try to reset the password, the link they send gets sent to the old email (useless).

Did you try contacting MS? I sent Sony an email just to see if they can update that old profile to have my new email address associated to it, so I can reset the password, but I'm not optimistic. It's not a big deal though. At least I finished the games which were linked to that account, which wasn't many.

I'm not confident about buying digital. I've had other issues with the PS Store and also Steam, but at least Steam has some really good deals.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

I used to... back when most achievements were for things that were mostly along the path of a game's story line. Now achievements are almost always for stupid things that make you go out of your way to get them. They really ruined the fun.

I ditched my xbox and 30000 achievement points and got a PS3 a couple years ago and have a whole 10 trophies I think. Most of them are from Resogun on my PS4.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Not really. Once in awhile I'll try and go out of my way to get them while playing

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Not really. Still kind of fun to get one, though. They're stupid, but fun.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#74 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Yeah it's nice to see the achievement or trophy thing pop up when I play, but I don't care enough to get platinum trophies or go out of my way for really hard ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

No not in the slightest, I kind of feel sorry for people going for trophies, to have a bunch of artificial goals instead of enjoying the game.

It might sound Cold, it not as though I dislike people WHO like achivements, I simply can not in any way understand that way of thinking.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

I have only one Platinum Trophy, which is for Resident Evil 5. I never really bothered to intentionally earn Trophies for any other game, but I've decided to start doing so and am currently working toward earning the Platinum for BF4.

How about you folks?

once u got more than one ..... u want more ............ play the walking dead (guarantee 1 platinum once beat the game)

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts
@Maddie_Larkin said:

No not in the slightest, I kind of feel sorry for people going for trophies, to have a bunch of artificial goals instead of enjoying the game.

It might sound Cold, it not as though I dislike people WHO like achivements, I simply can not in any way understand that way of thinking.

I used to always be a completionist. Finish the game on the hardest setting, get all collectables, see all endings, all characters max level, etc, were all things I did in games before this gen started so nothing really changed for me with the inclusion of achievements and trophies. Past few years that passion has really died out, due to less free time and too much of a backlog so now just finishing a game feels significant.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I enjoy getting trophies. I'll only go for a platinum if I really enjoy a game. It's kind of fulfilling knowing you 100% a game. I have 19 platinums, very close to Metro:LL and going to do Battlefield 4 and possibly ACIV also.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#79 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't care for them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Nope. I just went to get from the start of the game to the end. In a way I think trophies and achievements take away from games.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#81 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I collect trophies that dont require a lot of time to waste, I would rather jump on playing the next game rather than collecting trophies

Yet, I sometimes judge the level of the other gamer by his trophies, When I see someone with 100 platinum trophy and with hard games like dead souls I know hes on another league than me.