DirectX 12: A Game Changer for Xbox One and PC?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

So I dont really care about 1080p. Will this dx12 help keep a solid framerate on xbone? For example with 900p Witcher 3, would dx12 help with framerate? So in the future games would run smoother that are really taxing the console?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
@tormentos said:
@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos:

lol your just trying to hard prove your flawed argument.... that DX12 wont do anything for X1 which is still wrong.

As I said before Pc version got the shaft, its not using DX11 MT, that's proven, next told you that X1 is using DX11 MT proven , Fact that that with the next patch for the X1 will add 5-7% and then on top of that DX12 will add another "7% or more" on top of that. He isnt sure how much of an increase they will see.... but even a 10% increase from a 45 fps dip would allow the X1 to get nearly 50 fps instead of 45. Go cry me a river.

DX12 will clearly help the X1 in career mode in Project Cars, where handing lots a of AI and or weather gives the biggest dips.

""30-40% is on PC where the lack of Multithreading ability in DX11 restricted us most.""

This ^^ is Project Cars developer,so the xbox one doesn't have the same multithreading pitfalls of DX11 on PC,this is undeniable by now.

7% is total bullshit and prove my point beyond anything you have say have the fu**ing guts to admit it and be a man,7% amount to 2 freaking frames SMS will get 5-7% just from optimizing the code they have now,how the fu** DX12 will bring only 7% on XBO when on PC brings freaking 40% and CPU even AMD ones like the FX6300 piss on the xbox one CPU.

"XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one."

"it's not literally (it's software, not hardware) but yes, dx12 games will likely by more than 2x as fast."

"it didn't. It was/is still basically a single core stack. With DX12 all 8 cores will be able to split the work." clarified Brad.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14235-developers-directx12-benefits-xbox-one-2x-faster-gpu-performance-most-signi.html

This is the same guy which all your theories are based on..

He lied the gains aren't 100% like he claim or even more,the gains as of now range from 0 to 7%.

The gain on fable was 20% on PC on xbox one never was stated a gain so probably nothing,who knows if 3% splitting that 7% gain,now on PC is up to 40% and on xbox one again shit 7%..

I was right most of the performance features were already on xbox one,reason why now PC even with stronger CPU see huge gains while the XBO with weaker which should benefit more see shit gains.

Be a freaking man and admit that DX12 will do shit for the xbox one,on real time performance 7% is nothing man and you know it,they got that by just optimizing,also get the whole point multithreading has always been better on consoles than on PC for years it has been like that.

What he stated means that Pc version is DX11 ST, and X1 is using DX11 MT...... of course you twist up facts to fit your flawed argument.

7% or more, you clearly trying to downplay that "or more" part, also Project cars depending what is going on can be either gpu bound or cpu bound and can be a mix of both. When you have lots of AI then its a cpu situation and when weather kicks in its on the gpu. But when you have both going on that is where you see the biggest dips. DX12 will allow those dips to be not as large.

Fact is that unless they go back through the coding for DX12 for Project Cars and properly code for it from the ground up, your not going to see sizable gains if they dont. Its going to be a port job, so to suggest that that 7% is all what DX12 is going to do in general for all future games is just plain dumb.

Lol you claiming everyone's theories are based on that link what a joke. Every thing I have stated about DX12 has been realistic showed true facts about the limits of DX11.X, and proved your claims wrong over and over, all you have done is bash and downplay the facts.

Your argument has went from DX12 wont do anything at all, and X1 already is using Dx12, to Dx12 wont do much and totally ignore all your previous bogus claims, and your twisted interpretation of facts. Fact is DX12 will help the X1 in multiple ways. Allowing true multithreading cpu to gpu communication ie async, opens the 2nd ACE unit from the gpu to devs, lowers API overhead abit more, updates esram tool to allow easier and more control over that pool of memory.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Can't own someone that never made any claims idiot. Damn boy are you an idiot. Are you this dense on purpose? I find it hard to believe anyone can be as pathetic as you are.

Enjoy your moms basement El Tormented. Looks like you're going to be there for a long while.

You made your self an echo of some one else period.

Enjoy the ownage sad lemming...

Here in Puerto Rico we don't have basement you fool aren't you puerto rican.? But hey if you try to imply that i live with my mom,no i don't,but i don't see how that would be relevant to the ownage you just got...lol

Keep telling yourself that loser.

Don't take it so literal El Tormented. You know the point I was making.

The point of saying you live with your mom in her basement is just another way of saying you're a loser. Come on man get with the times.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@tormentos said:
@draign said:

A 40% increase could apply to a game built up on DX12 as opposed to being built up on DX 11, who really knows???

NO...

Project cars isn't DX12 game on PC,so with the DX12 update it gain 40% the xbox one version gain only 7% because most of DX12 features are already on xbox one.

In fact if you read what i post he clearly stated that it is for PC the 40% because it is there were the biggest multithreading problems are on DX11 not on xbox one which has DX12 features already.

You cant read.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Heil68 said:

Lets see how it gets used with X1. Will it then be the world's most powerful video game system????

The PC will still be the worlds most powerful games system.

Depends on build.....

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: Shut up, tormentos. Too many sites disagree with you for your point to be valid. You just look like a jackass now.

Suck it up and deal.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

What he stated means that Pc version is DX11 ST, and X1 is using DX11 MT...... of course you twist up facts to fit your flawed argument.

7% or more, you clearly trying to downplay that "or more" part, also Project cars depending what is going on can be either gpu bound or cpu bound and can be a mix of both. When you have lots of AI then its a cpu situation and when weather kicks in its on the gpu. But when you have both going on that is where you see the biggest dips. DX12 will allow those dips to be not as large.

Fact is that unless they go back through the coding for DX12 for Project Cars and properly code for it from the ground up, your not going to see sizable gains if they dont. Its going to be a port job, so to suggest that that 7% is all what DX12 is going to do in general for all future games is just plain dumb.

Lol you claiming everyone's theories are based on that link what a joke. Every thing I have stated about DX12 has been realistic showed true facts about the limits of DX11.X, and proved your claims wrong over and over, all you have done is bash and downplay the facts.

Your argument has went from DX12 wont do anything at all, and X1 already is using Dx12, to Dx12 wont do much and totally ignore all your previous bogus claims, and your twisted interpretation of facts. Fact is DX12 will help the X1 in multiple ways. Allowing true multithreading cpu to gpu communication ie async, opens the 2nd ACE unit from the gpu to devs, lowers API overhead abit more, updates esram tool to allow easier and more control over that pool of memory.

No that is not what he say,and jumping 7% from DX11 MT to DX12 MT is a total buffoonery is a total joke,is that is what DX12 bring to a game only 7% after all the splash and over hype.

Stop inventing crap PC is a multithreaded DX11 game,and the xbox one version is also multithreaded just like the PS4 is to,the wins for xbox one by DX12 are abysmal which show my point the hole time the whole using more than 1 core crap was a joke,5 top 7% SMS will get with their next update and is not DX12 is just better optimization of the same code and the gain also apply to the PS4,so yeah DX12 will do nothing is basically confirmed by this point,you are just on denial because you are to invested into the argument...hahaha

Oh here comes the excuse now the game most be coded from the ground up,GTFO the PC version will win 40% and is not build from ground up on DX12 Moron.

This is what you should understand i have told you many times that the problems with DX11 on PC don't translate to the xbox one,and you refuse to admit it now here is the confirmation,DX11 on PC give them problems on xbox one it didn't so you see bigger wins on PC than on XBO,since most DX12 are already on xbox one.

Fact is if DX12 bring 10 improvements to PC but 8 of them are already on consoles when the API hit console it will not have the same winning because most features were use already.

7% is from 2 to 3 frames is nothing when the xbox one is losing by as much as 14 on this game vs the PS4.

@draign said:

You cant read.

Secret Sauce deny...hahahaa

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Shut up, tormentos. Too many sites disagree with you for your point to be valid. You just look like a jackass now.

Suck it up and deal.

Yeah funny how i claimed the winnings were for PC and the developer agree with me..hahahahaa

“I think there is a lot of confusion around what and why DX12 will improve. Most games out there can’t go 1080p because the additional load on the shading units would be too much. For all these games DX12 is not going to change anything,”

Sure they do...hahahaa

Damien Monnier @Bacon_is_life

@Lloydy2K i think any resolution changes would require a much bigger change from Microsoft than dx12 upgrade to be honest.

Keep the hopes alive the xbox one is not getting a resolution boost from a API for CPU over head,i explained why already and you are wrong just as you were about frames,any demanding game that wants frame parity with the PS4 need to drop resolution as simple as that or MS can pay so that the PS4 version is screw up like they did with Ubisoft on ACU which they have a deal for millions of copies.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: Yet, you still ignore XB1 improvements. <shakes head>

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By 04dcarraher

@tormentos said:

No that is not what he say,and jumping 7% from DX11 MT to DX12 MT is a total buffoonery is a total joke,is that is what DX12 bring to a game only 7% after all the splash and over hype.

Stop inventing crap PC is a multithreaded DX11 game,and the xbox one version is also multithreaded just like the PS4 is to,the wins for xbox one by DX12 are abysmal which show my point the hole time the whole using more than 1 core crap was a joke,5 top 7% SMS will get with their next update and is not DX12 is just better optimization of the same code and the gain also apply to the PS4,so yeah DX12 will do nothing is basically confirmed by this point,you are just on denial because you are to invested into the argument...hahaha

Oh here comes the excuse now the game most be coded from the ground up,GTFO the PC version will win 40% and is not build from ground up on DX12 Moron.

This is what you should understand i have told you many times that the problems with DX11 on PC don't translate to the xbox one,and you refuse to admit it now here is the confirmation,DX11 on PC give them problems on xbox one it didn't so you see bigger wins on PC than on XBO,since most DX12 are already on xbox one.

Fact is if DX12 bring 10 improvements to PC but 8 of them are already on consoles when the API hit console it will not have the same winning because most features were use already.

7% is from 2 to 3 frames is nothing when the xbox one is losing by as much as 14 on this game vs the PS4.

lol, Project cars suffers from a lop sided DX11 MT which is more in line with singled threaded usage for PC.

You have no clue what is going on, The X1 is not suffering from the same issues as PC...... because X1's performance averages is better then R9 290's or being on par with Nvidia's GTX760 , even with using i7 haswell's which are all multiple times faster. The X1 has a well coded evenly distributed DX11MT structure, while PC version is not coded with the same quality. When we see i3's performing nearly as well as FX 8's. or seeing i5's performing within 5 fps of 8 core i7's we can see the game is coded shotty still promoting a single thread doing most of the work.

Going from a well done DX11MT to DX12 in a racing game is not going to give massive gains. and especially with them patching DX12 in and not coding the game from the ground up.

Your idea that DX12 wont do much of anything for the X1 is all based on twisted ideas and facts with a single example dev porting over on a racing game. They stated "DX12 will add probably 7% or more for us" That is not proof of what we will see of DX12 in general, they are guessing as well.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

Wow, they are completely wrong... We already know that DX12 won't do anything for Xbox One, we have it from the best source, a dockworker from Puerto Rico...

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

This Dockworker apparently know more that most blind morons like you..hahaa

The gain was for PC and once again the xbox one behind 7 % vs 40% on PC says it all you know why it is 7% because like i have say all freaking long most of DX12 features are already on xbox one on PC is were CPU usage was screw up because well you have mighty powerful CPU on PC on consoles which are fixed hardware this never has been a problem,and like i say several times DX11.X on XBO is not the same DX11 on PC is not just like DX9 on xbox 360 wasn't DX9 on PC.

No it's only 7% because consoles in general are already more bare metal coded due to the lack of hardware diversity seen on the PC. They're not coding and optimizing for hundreds of different hardware configurations, they're coding and optimizing for one or two hardware configurations.

This is exactly why consoles have always outperformed PC's running comparable hardware which is also exactly why PC's will see larger gains from DirectX 12..

It has absolutely nothing to do with there already being DirectX 12 improvements in the DirectX 11 software package.

You are dumb.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

@SecretPolice: It won't be night and day for Xb1. But, it could possibly add that extra 180p, which could lead to the suicide of @tormentos and @Krelian-co

A CPU over head API will not increase resolution which is a job of the GPU i have told you that and even The Witcher 3 developer also agree that MS need something more than DX12 to rise the resolution of the xbox one.

At full speed and properly coded a game aiming for 30FPS pushing the hardware hard will not be equal resolution on xbox one,simple because if done for the PS4 the xbox one version will probably be 15 or 20FPS behind because it lack the same power so to make up for those frames resolution most be gave up,just because some games are on par doesn't mean all can be and you can't see that,and this in special is the part were you were wrong and you know it.

@hoosier7 said:

On the Project Cars bit, here's the additional info Ian Bell gave, there was some confusion if he was referring to the X1 or PC with the 40% figure.

Seems to be 30-40% on PC and 7% on X1, Project Cars is very CPU intensive so i'm guessing you won't see those gains on other games. So overall it looks like a game changer for PC but only a small gain for the X1.

@draign,@kingtito,@ronvalencia@tdkmillsy

This ^^ guys on this thread.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/project-cars-dev-dx12-can-boost-xbox-one-version-3-32085552/?page=2#js-message-78

Were mocking me and attacking me because i know nothing,even the mighty never wrong never lose Ronvalencia claimed it was for xbox one..hahahahaa

7% on xbox one with DX12 is basically nothing that amount to shit hell they got 5 to 7% back just by optimizing the code wich will hit with the next patch,which also helped the PS4 version..hahaha

Basically this confirm all i have say here about DX12 7% is a joke when Brad Wardell was claiming double frames and 600% gain and saying the xbox one was the biggest beneficiary,this again proves that Brad Wardell was lying and that the xbox one will barely benefit from DX12 because most of its helping features are already there..

@04dcarraher

This ^^ one need to see this to....lol

Brad Wardell's games are RTS type games not 32+ cars racing games aka Project Cars. Brad Wardell's RTS games has larger impact on CPUs than other game types.

"7 percent of more" could mean the difference between sub-30 fps to reaching 30 fps threshold. In another words, it's more than your DX12 will do nothing on XBO claims. Your claims on XBO already has "DX12/GNM style" being equal to DX12 was debunked with "7 or more percent" improvements from DX12.

For my gaming desktop PCs, Windows 10 is a nice upgrade.

Loading Video...

My R9-290/R9-290X has a higher head room than the above video's R9-280X and the game still runs on DX11.

My 40 percent improvement for XBO is based from Alien Isolation XBO build vs PC's 7770 result.

Large improvements from DX12 would be games with large city scapes like from 3DMarks's API overhead test.

Loading Video...

On PC without Windows 10, AMD haven't implemented DX11MT on their driver side i.e. it's not a mandatory requirement. The requirement changed for Windows 10.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@SecretPolice: It won't be night and day for Xb1. But, it could possibly add that extra 180p, which could lead to the suicide of @tormentos and @Krelian-co

With a faster cpu? , like 25 percent more cpu horsepower and this...

So long cows

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BigBadBully:

XBO's Witcher 3 has 1600x900p-to-1920x1080p dynamic resolution mode.

Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-witcher-3-on-xbox-one-uses-dynamic-scaling-to-boost-resolution

The frame rate influences the dynamic resolution mode.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6054 Posts

Toroknowitall you know full well u made claims dx12 would make NO difference. Stop pretending u didn't.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@FastRobby: ha! So true! I was going to say the same thing!

There is no debate here. He told us everything we need to know.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Yet, you still ignore XB1 improvements. <shakes head>

It will ease development for 3rd parties leading to quicker port from PC to xbox one and the other way around,but resolution is a problem that will affect the xbox one all gen long because of power.

@04dcarraher said:

lol, Project cars suffers from a lop sided DX11 MT which is more in line with singled threaded usage for PC.

You have no clue what is going on, The X1 is not suffering from the same issues as PC...... because X1's performance averages is better then R9 290's or being on par with Nvidia's GTX760 , even with using i7 haswell's which are all multiple times faster. The X1 has a well coded evenly distributed DX11MT structure, while PC version is not coded with the same quality. When we see i3's performing nearly as well as FX 8's. or seeing i5's performing within 5 fps of 8 core i7's we can see the game is coded shotty still promoting a single thread doing most of the work.

Going from a well done DX11MT to DX12 in a racing game is not going to give massive gains. and especially with them patching DX12 in and not coding the game from the ground up.

Your idea that DX12 wont do much of anything for the X1 is all based on twisted ideas and facts with a single example dev porting over on a racing game. They stated "DX12 will add probably 7% or more for us" That is not proof of what we will see of DX12 in general, they are guessing as well.

Congratulation your first bold line prove my point,and you refuse to see it,that problem doesn't exits on xbox one see and used a DX11.X code so basically what i have told you all alone is true DX11.X didn't have DX11 pitfalls is not bind by DX11 problems is vanilla with a barrage of improvements for faster draw calls and better API over head.

No is not and the developer freaking spit it out to your face its is on PC where they have most of the problems not xbox one,you have a shitty memory.

Hahaha.. It is PC not xbox one now go spin around else were bitter loser.

@nyadc said:

No it's only 7% because consoles in general are already more bare metal coded due to the lack of hardware diversity seen on the PC. They're not coding and optimizing for hundreds of different hardware configurations, they're coding and optimizing for one or two hardware configurations.

This is exactly why consoles have always outperformed PC's running comparable hardware which is also exactly why PC's will see larger gains from DirectX 12..

It has absolutely nothing to do with there already being DirectX 12 improvements in the DirectX 11 software package.

You are dumb.

That bold part is exactly my point dude you just agree with me and then called me dumb moron.

@ronvalencia said:

Brad Wardell's games are RTS type games not 32+ cars racing games aka Project Cars. Brad Wardell's RTS games has larger impact on CPUs than other game types.

"7 percent of more" could mean the difference between sub-30 fps to reaching 30 fps threshold. In another words, it's more than your DX12 will do nothing on XBO claims. Your claims on XBO already has "DX12/GNM style" being equal to DX12 was debunked with "7 or more percent" improvements from DX12.

For my gaming desktop PCs, Windows 10 is a nice upgrade.

My R9-290/R9-290X has a higher head room than the above video's R9-280X and the game still runs on DX11.

My 40 percent improvement for XBO is based from Alien Isolation XBO build vs PC's 7770 result.

Large improvements from DX12 would be games with large city scapes like from 3DMarks's API overhead test.

On PC without Windows 10, AMD haven't implemented DX11MT on their driver side i.e. it's not a mandatory requirement. The requirement changed for Windows 10.

Bullshit as always and irrelevant crap.

That doesn't stop Project cars from been CPU intensive and bottle necking the xbox one,in fact is not 32 cars the PC can has 45 cars which is more than double the cars of Forza or any PS4 racing game i am sure.

So the CPU hit is big not only that SMS confirmed the xbox one was been bottleneck by the numbers of cars and they even had to deploy the 7 core to help.

AI is not a CVPU intensive game even a Celeron can blast it at 89 FPS,that game for the 100 time is not CPU bottleneck is was screw up in AI you rarely see huge numbers of AI controlled enemies dude is a corridor game basically hardware a CPU taxer.

Unless it is 28 FPS i don't see that, 7% amount to like 2 or 3 frames with luck,which is borderline nothing compare to the claims Brad Wardell did of double frames and people getting a GPU twice as fast which was a total lie and in nothing tied to his RTS game since he claim 500 and 600% gain in those type of games.

@ronvalencia said:

@BigBadBully:

XBO's Witcher 3 has 1600x900p-to-1920x1080p dynamic resolution mode.

Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-witcher-3-on-xbox-one-uses-dynamic-scaling-to-boost-resolution

The frame rate influences the dynamic resolution mode.

Yes and is only 1080p on the menus and cut scenes idiot,it has been tested.

Meanwhile, the promised 'dynamic resolution' solution on Xbox One doesn't appear to hit the 1080p target in any of our samples. Instead, for the most part the game renders at 1600x900, with only video cut-scenes providing true 1080p output for any noticeable length of time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-witcher-3-on-xbox-one-uses-dynamic-scaling-to-boost-resolution

900p in gameplay no switch,1080p in cut scenes and menus...hahahahaaa

@tdkmillsy said:

Toroknowitall you know full well u made claims dx12 would make NO difference. Stop pretending u didn't.

Unless you are from those who think 2frames is something yeah i am totally right DX12 was sold a doubling frames on xbox one and even rising resolution.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By 04dcarraher
@tormentos said:

Congratulation your first bold line prove my point,and you refuse to see it,that problem doesn't exits on xbox one see and used a DX11.X code so basically what i have told you all alone is true DX11.X didn't have DX11 pitfalls is not bind by DX11 problems is vanilla with a barrage of improvements for faster draw calls and better API over head.

No is not and the developer freaking spit it out to your face its is on PC where they have most of the problems not xbox one,you have a shitty memory.

Congrats your an idiot, DX11.X has the same gpu commutation limitations as DX11 you fool. When your coding for set piece of hardware ie a console you can tailor it to fit its abilities. Fact is that When you use Win 10 it forces the game to use DX11 MT providing massive gains

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tdkmillsy

@tormentos: I'm in the camp that watched you argue with many people saying that dx12 would do nothing (as in 0) to anything running on Xbox One.

If 2 is the same as 0 you are totally correct, but if u really think that is the case you need to ask your maths teacher when u go back to school. He will tell u, that u where 100% wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Direct X12 conversion for Star Citizen means game over for console tech debates.... years behind. toodles.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By commander

@tormentos said:

Yes and is only 1080p on the menus and cut scenes idiot,it has been tested.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-witcher-3-on-xbox-one-uses-dynamic-scaling-to-boost-resolution

900p in gameplay no switch,1080p in cut scenes and menus...hahahahaaa

Yeah but the ps4 locks at 20 fps in intensive area's. 20 fps is simply not playable lmao

The x1 has 25 % more cpu power and it shows, this dx 12 thing will simply wipe the floor with the ps4. Gddr5 and all that gpu power and yet being bested,

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tormentos

@04dcarraher said:
@tormentos said:

Congrats your an idiot, DX11.X has the same gpu commutation limitations as DX11 you fool. When your coding for set piece of hardware ie a console you can tailor it to fit its abilities. Fact is that When you use Win 10 it forces the game to use DX11 MT providing massive gains

NO it doesn't and the fact that PC improve 40% on this game and 7% on xbox one by the same AI tell the whole story,DX12 on xbox one will do shit and 7% is garbage i was right..lol

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos: I'm in the camp that watched you argue with many people saying that dx12 would do nothing (as in 0) to anything running on Xbox One.

If 2 is the same as 0 you are totally correct, but if u really think that is the case you need to ask your maths teacher when u go back to school. He will tell u, that u where 100% wrong.

2 frames is shit again DX12 was sold as a frame doubler.

0-2 is withing the parameters of normal frame drops hell most games on PC drop more than that.

So yeah the 40% wasn't for xbox one and you loss...lol

But but but Tormentos know nothing..

@commander said:

Yeah but the ps4 locks at 20 fps in intensive area's. 20 fps is simply not playable lmao

The x1 has 25 % more cpu power and it shows, this dx 12 thing will simply wipe the floor with the ps4. Gddr5 and all that gpu power and yet being bested,

To summarise console performance, PS4 has an advantage in capping its frame-rate at 30fps, while Xbox One daringly keeps things unlocked. Both are v-synced, but the issue for the latter case is that its frame-rate goes between 20-40fps, meaning there's no consistency to when your screen refreshes with a new frame.

The xbox one does the same and has frame passing issues..hahahahaa

Yeah is that the reason why Project cars uses 7 cores the PS4 uses 6 and still is up to 14FPS faster on PS4 while also been 1080p the 900p XBO version + having extra temporal.?

DX12 will do shit 7% win ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

2 frames more..lolsy

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tdkmillsy

@tormentos: Trying to wiggle your way out of the fact you said 0 as in no benefits.

Man up and admit you where wrong, stop being a chimp.

Quotes from you desperately saying DX12 was already in Xbox One and when it came out it would do nothing include the following:-

"So once again Tormy is right DX12 will deliver shit to the XBOX one"

"Like i have say 100 times DX12 will do shit for the xbox one because it has been there all alone (I assume you mean along)..lol "

"I have been telling this people that DX12 will do nothing for the xbox one for months and they just don't want to admit it...hahahaa"

"That is because there are no gains,and you lemmings are to blind to see it,DX12 BRING CONSOLE LIKE PROGRAMBILITY TO PC, not the other way around so if console like programability is already inside console it is a given that DX12 can't do shit for the xbox one."

Now you are agreeing that DX12 will bring 7% in this particular game.

Man up and admit it as you cant be right then and right now because they contradict each other.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

ps4 is basically an xbox one with a better GPU... there really is no grey area like there was with ps3/360. DX12 Might close the gap a little but it won't overcome the hardware differences, it'll just clean up some shortcomings with the xbox's direct x versioning.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@tormentos said:

@commander said:

To summarise console performance, PS4 has an advantage in capping its frame-rate at 30fps, while Xbox One daringly keeps things unlocked. Both are v-synced, but the issue for the latter case is that its frame-rate goes between 20-40fps, meaning there's no consistency to when your screen refreshes with a new frame.

Yeah is that the reason why Project cars uses 7 cores the PS4 uses 6 and still is up to 14FPS faster on PS4 while also been 1080p the 900p XBO version + having extra temporal.?

I am very curious to see his response of Project's Car frame rate

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@waahahah said:

ps4 is basically an xbox one with a better GPU... there really is no grey area like there was with ps3/360. DX12 Might close the gap a little but it won't overcome the hardware differences, it'll just clean up some shortcomings with the xbox's direct x versioning.

Yup. PS4 will remain the world's most powerful video game console.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 waahahah

@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68

@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

lolno, those are still PC and wont play console exclusives.

Marvel at the PS4. Most powerful console in the HISTORY of video game consoles.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

I don't have a clue what you want to tell me with that picture... I do find it funny that more and more devs are saying their will be improvements when you say it would improve the Xbox One by 0.00000000000%

7% IS TOTAL SHIT.

And now is easy to see why developers don't talk about gains on xbox one with DX12,they are abysmal,performance will increase 5 to 7 % just for optimizing the code now,which also applies to the PS4,and you tell me that the whole API that was hyped to hell as something that would double performance on xbox one and which its biggest hyper claim would benefit more the xbox one,now only show a 7% gain you can hold tied like Stormyjoke to my 0% gain the fact is 7% is shit in real time frames it is 1 or 2 frames is total bullshit and not what was hyped here,hell Stormy still believe it will rise the resolution ass when resolution is a GPU job.

@StormyJoe said:

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa See..

Also he still believe that from 900p to 1080p there is only 180p difference,is like you idiots don't really know anything.

is the games was 1920x900p yeah you are missing 180p,but 900p games have a resolution of 1600x900,not 1920x900,so is quite allot more than 180p.

@StormyJoe said:
@Heil68 said:

Lets see how it gets used with X1. Will it then be the world's most powerful video game system????

Nope. The PS4 will always be more powerful. But, it *could* close the gap even further.

But it *could* as well do nothing.

well then, 7% is a lot if the difference between 900p and 1080p is a lot, butthurt cow. the damage control has started.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By commander

@daious said:
@tormentos said:
@commander said:

Well , the xboxone has clearly a performance advantage which was already seen before the patch, and even more after

From eurogamer.net on the latest patch

In terms of direct platform-to-platform comparisons on patch 1.03, PS4 and Xbox One are both capped to 30fps now, but Microsoft's console does hold a steadier line on balance. In almost every segment of gameplay tested, the performance overhead on Xbox One prior to the patch now translates to a confident 30fps cap - and with far fewer stutters below. It's possible further optimisation on the Sony release could bring it up to speed, but for now Xbox One enjoys a noticeable advantage in terms of overall consistency.

It's an advantage also seen in The Witcher 3's in-engine cut-scenes. As before, PS4 automatically locks to the 20fps line at any sign of dropping below 30fps. By comparison Xbox One lurks at the 25fps mid-point, freely updating with frames as and when they become available. The net result is that PS4 typically runs at a slower, more sluggish rate in every scene tested

On balance, it's an improvement on both sides but Xbox One owners have a bigger reason to celebrate this update. Though it struggles to match the clarity of PS4's native 1920x1080 output, the 30fps cap is better adjusted for Microsoft's platform in practice, with fewer stutters during play giving it a tangible performance advantage.

link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-does-the-witcher-3-patch-103-fix-console-performance

As for project cars, project cars has weak ai and most of the physics are done on the gpu, making this game not very cpu intensive, hence the ps4 has the edge in this game. Good for car game lovers but the stage has been set, project cars is going to be the execption that confirms the rule, games will become more cpu intensive, like the last 8 months have clearly showed us and with dx12 the x1 is simply going to wipe the floor with the ps4, since it's going to be able to match the resolution with better performance.

Most ps4 owners didn't see this coming and for that I must warn my fellow gamers...

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

PC: Yes
Xbox One: No

Spencer has confirmed this 500 times at this point, when will the lems listen?

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#81 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@SecretPolice you could've just linked to the article's page.

i'd like to see how Windows 10 works with the One. if it'll offer a file explorer or browser. probably just running a simple version of the mobile OS.

@Couth_ it would improve the frame rates of existing games if they're not locked at 30fps. just wont improve the visuals at all unless the games are all updated with better textures, higher resolutions, and more\better effects.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@commander said:
@daious said:
@tormentos said:
@commander said:

Well , the xboxone has clearly a performance advantage which was already seen before the patch, and even more after

In terms of direct platform-to-platform comparisons on patch 1.03, PS4 and Xbox One are both capped to 30fps now, but Microsoft's console does hold a steadier line on balance. In almost every segment of gameplay tested, the performance overhead on Xbox One prior to the patch now translates to a confident 30fps cap - and with far fewer stutters below. It's possible further optimisation on the Sony release could bring it up to speed, but for now Xbox One enjoys a noticeable advantage in terms of overall consistency.

It's an advantage also seen in The Witcher 3's in-engine cut-scenes. As before, PS4 automatically locks to the 20fps line at any sign of dropping below 30fps. By comparison Xbox One lurks at the 25fps mid-point, freely updating with frames as and when they become available. The net result is that PS4 typically runs at a slower, more sluggish rate in every scene tested

On balance, it's an improvement on both sides but Xbox One owners have a bigger reason to celebrate this update. Though it struggles to match the clarity of PS4's native 1920x1080 output, the 30fps cap is better adjusted for Microsoft's platform in practice, with fewer stutters during play giving it a tangible performance advantage.

link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-does-the-witcher-3-patch-103-fix-console-performance

As for project cars, project cars has weak ai and most of the physics are done on the gpu, making this game not very cpu intensive, hence the ps4 has the edge in this game. Good for car game lovers but the stage has been set, project cars is going to be the execption that confirms the rule, games will become more cpu intensive, like the last 8 months have clearly showed us and with dx12 the x1 is simply going to wipe the floor with the ps4, since it's going to be able to match the resolution with better performance.

Most ps4 owners didn't see this coming and for that I must warn my fellow gamers...

The developers themselves said project cars is very CPU extensive and was designed to utilize all 7 cores of the xboxone. It is also why the developer stated they predict a 30-40% usage increase in the PC version with DX12 because of the CPU.

"with dx12 the x1 is simply going to wipe the floor with the ps4" lol your fanboyism is showing again.

Everything that supports your argument = okay. Everything that doesn't = exception. The same horrendous argument like last time.

Back to debating capped frame rates. Wooo...

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 waahahah

@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

Consoles are technically types of pc's. They are designed to be usable as a set top box for the living room. PC's generally are not... except steam machines are designed to be consoles. And its not like an Xbox will play all console exclusives, or ps4, or wii u. They are all separate machines that have nothing to do with each other. So the reality of the world exclusive means to exclude.

So sure you can spin the terms as much as you want but it really doesn't matter if people are sticking a steam machine next to their ps4 or replacing it.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

i think it will be a bigger game changer for PC than xbone

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

@commander said:
@daious said:
@tormentos said:
@commander said:

I am confused. Project Cars is a very CPU extensive game. It is designed to fully utilize all 6 ps4 cores and 7 xboxone cores. It seems to be the first game that did that for the xboxone. If the gap between framerates can be mitigated by the stronger GPU all while maintaining a higher resolution doesn't it seem like PS4 has the advantage? It is just about the optimization game. Most issues with consoles games are because of optimizations. If the difference between CPU was as strong as you claim, then there would be zero way PS4 would have a frame rate advantage. It is up to the developers to balance out utilization.

Dx12 is what? bringing in a 5% increase in performance. That is very little to make huge claims such as the ones you made. Majority of the games are between locked frame rates. Your example of having "better adjusted" cap at 30fps isn't a huge difference (as you are clearly making it out to seem) for Witcher especially when optimizations for the game are still being made for all systems. The comparison isn't also as black and white as you make it seems because the graphic settings are different for all systems it is on.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

On the PC it's a massive update that will finally allow devs to fully utilize the power of those GPUs. Right now the CPU bottleneck of DX11 is killing it. You can still make pretty games on the PC just because of how powerful the hardware is, but they could so much more if they could overcome the CPU bottleneck and let the GPUs really do their thing.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By 04dcarraher

@NEWMAHAY said:
@commander

I am confused. Project Cars is a very CPU extensive game. It is designed to fully utilize all 6 ps4 cores and 7 xboxone cores. It seems to be the first game that did that for the xboxone. If the gap between framerates can be mitigated by the stronger GPU all while maintaining a higher resolution doesn't it seem like PS4 has the advantage? It is just about the optimization game. Most issues with consoles games are because of optimizations. If the difference between CPU was as strong as you claim, then there would be zero way PS4 would have a frame rate advantage. It is up to the developers to balance out utilization.

Dx12 is what? bringing in a 5% increase in performance. That is very little to make huge claims such as the ones you made. Majority of the games are between locked frame rates. Your example of having "better adjusted" cap at 30fps isn't a huge difference (as you are clearly making it out to seem) for Witcher especially when optimizations for the game are still being made for all systems. The comparison isn't also as black and white as you make it seems because the graphic settings are different for all systems it is on.

This is what is happening, DX12 lowers the overhead abit more, opens up the 2nd ACE unit in the gpu to devs, updates and allows more esram control. Introducing true multithreaded direct cpu to gpu communication ie async. The cpu usage on the X1 is not the same as the PS4, The X1 is using DX11MT, which is only deferred workloads, only one core actually only talks to the gpu directly and is a funnel for all the deferred work being done the other cores handling other non priority "2nd pass" gpu work. Having that partial 7th core helped the X1 because it allowed a more evenly distributed workload across the cores.

The PS4's with its aysnc abilities allows the cores talk to the gpu directly and in parallel, sending the frame data more quickly allowing other free cores and cpu cycles to be dedicated to what ever. With it also having a stronger gpu allows more headroom for other tasks or just plain more performance.

The devs are porting the game over to DX12, they are not going from the ground up to properly code and optimize the game for the new API for starters. Now they stated "7% or more for us"

This is a racing game that is more gpu bound then cpu bound especially with weather. DX12 porting will most likely will free up some some of the cpu cycles to be put elsewhere like with the AI work. Coding from the ground up with DX12 will yield much more performance vs the current DX11.X or porting over on the X1. We will see the biggest gains with DX12 with games that are cpu bound. like say Battlefield games with 64MP.

Now with DX12 even with small to moderate average increase in performance would allow the X1 to go from sub 30 fps average to a steady 30, or sub 60 to a steady 60. Its not a game changer but it will allow the console to be more efficient using its resources better. DX12 in the X1 also forces devs to drop the old DX11 single threaded method used in few games that have been released like Alien Isolation.

PS4 will also gain a indirect bonus from the X1 going to DX12 with multiplats, since now both systems are coding on the same level on the cpu side of things. PS4 wont suffer with limited cpu usage talking to the gpu with vast majority multiplats that dont take the time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos: Trying to wiggle your way out of the fact you said 0 as in no benefits.

Man up and admit you where wrong, stop being a chimp.

Quotes from you desperately saying DX12 was already in Xbox One and when it came out it would do nothing include the following:-

"So once again Tormy is right DX12 will deliver shit to the XBOX one"

"Like i have say 100 times DX12 will do shit for the xbox one because it has been there all alone (I assume you mean along)..lol "

"I have been telling this people that DX12 will do nothing for the xbox one for months and they just don't want to admit it...hahahaa"

"That is because there are no gains,and you lemmings are to blind to see it,DX12 BRING CONSOLE LIKE PROGRAMBILITY TO PC, not the other way around so if console like programability is already inside console it is a given that DX12 can't do shit for the xbox one."

Now you are agreeing that DX12 will bring 7% in this particular game.

Man up and admit it as you cant be right then and right now because they contradict each other.

No dude trying to hold to 2 frames more is total bullshit period,that is not what was sold with DX12 period.

And is what it deliver you moron.

Shit 7% = like 2 or 3 frames at best so yeah like i already say 100 times DX12 will do shit on xbox one,only a blind lemming would believe that 7% is something meaningful,fact is they can get close to that just by optimizing the code they have now..hahahah

7% is shit is nothing and on a game were the xbox one get freaking beat 1080p vs 900p and by up to 14 FPS ahead while also having extra AA that 7% amount to nothing,so yeah the xbox one did 35 at times now it will do 37 yay while the PS4 does 43 at the same time.

Oh and i don't even quote the same developer stating that the same code implemented on sony's hardware would also yield winnings so yeah the gap is going no where..lol

@tushar172787 said:

well then, 7% is a lot if the difference between 900p and 1080p is a lot, butthurt cow. the damage control has started.

Another lemming troll account actually for a difference of 1080p to 900p you need way more than 7% improvement.lol

So no 7% is shit 1080p vs 900p isn't.

@commander said:

Idiot another testament that you know shit about this.

Is not the AI level the problem for the CPU on xbox one,is the high number of cars which is an impact to both the CPU and GPU.

By the way the developer of the game stated that the xbox one was CPU bound by the number of cars and that they had to use the 7 core to speed frames,so basically the xbox one uses 7 core at 1.75ghz the PS4 use 6 cores at 1.6ghz and the PS4 is faster lol that GDDR5 as CPU memory...lol

The last 8 month have show the xbox one keep getting nothing but inferior games..lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tdkmillsy

@tormentos: I quoted your exact words, you stated it would make 0 difference and it already has DX12.

I'm a moron because I showed you go back on what you say time and time again.

2 frames maybe shit but its till 2 more frames that what you claimed.

There is 1 person calling me and that's you.

There several people calling you. You really need to think about why.

Take a hard look at yourself and realise people are seeing you for what your really are. Someone who cant admit when they are wrong even when its plainly obvious.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

This is what is happening, DX12 lowers the overhead abit more, opens up the 2nd ACE unit in the gpu to devs, updates and allows more esram control. Introducing true multithreaded direct cpu to gpu communication ie async.

The cpu usage on the X1 is not the same as the PS4, The X1 is using DX11MT, which is only deferred workloads, only one core actually only talks to the gpu directly and is a funnel for all the deferred work being done the other cores handling other non priority "2nd pass" gpu work. Having that partial 7th core helped the X1 because it allowed a more evenly distributed workload across the cores.

The PS4's with its aysnc abilities allows the cores talk to the gpu directly and in parallel, sending the frame data more quickly allowing other free cores and cpu cycles to be dedicated to what ever. With it also having a stronger gpu allows more headroom for other tasks or just plain more performance.

The devs are porting the game over to DX12, they are not going from the ground up to properly code and optimize the game for the new API for starters. Now they stated "7% or more for us"

This is a racing game that is more gpu bound then cpu bound especially with weather. DX12 porting will most likely will free up some some of the cpu cycles to be put elsewhere like with the AI work. Coding from the ground up with DX12 will yield much more performance vs the current DX11.X or porting over on the X1. We will see the biggest gains with DX12 with games that are cpu bound. like say Battlefield games with 64MP.

Now with DX12 even with small to moderate average increase in performance would allow the X1 to go from sub 30 fps average to a steady 30, or sub 60 to a steady 60. Its not a game changer but it will allow the console to be more efficient using its resources better. DX12 in the X1 also forces devs to drop the old DX11 single threaded method used in few games that have been released like Alien Isolation.

PS4 will also gain a indirect bonus from the X1 going to DX12 with multiplats, since now both systems are coding on the same level on the cpu side of things. PS4 wont suffer with limited cpu usage talking to the gpu with multiplats.

1-So 2 aces will bring improvement but 8 will not.? Oh wait you need a R9 290X for that right.? Wrong stated by AMD.

2-ESRAM is to small and several developers have state it,unless they find a way to physically add more there is no work around for it,just like 10MB were to small on 360 for 720p with free 4XAA.

3-Project Cars is a deferred game on both PS4 and xbox one and i already quote the developer on it,both are running under the same conditions,the PS4 just have a more straight forward memory system and less cumbersome memory like it or not.

4-The 7 core was use to spread workload one of the problems of DX11 was that bad spreading of workloads and one core working more than other on xbox one,the isn't exactly the case and even that core one still works more other cores work better now,they speed frames with that same core.

5-Project Cars is not an Async game is deferred i quote the developer want me to quote it again.?

6-The GPU was already in works 1080p vs 900p and extra temporal,the PS4 is not 100% stronger than the xbox one to have that + up to 14 FPS faster to.

7-PC saw 40% XBO saw 7 with DX12 so yeah stop your bullshit excuses,the problems they have are mostly for PC because DX11.X is not DX11 period it is not it is lower level and it slimmer which is the reason why the developer say that.

Man this is 1080p on a damn Titan GPU with with no weather.

The PS4 isn't maximum settings but with weather runs between 40 and 50+ depending on the number of cars it can hit 60FPS,the xbox one version is a few frames behind like from 35 to 50+ again depending on the number of cars.

Man a 6 cores 1.6 Jaguar on PC would run this game like utter dirt even on Medium or high setting the over head on PC simply isn't present on xbox one,much stronger CPU from AMD get destroy by this game let alone a miserable Jaguar.

Bullshit look at the FX9590 a CPU which piss all over the xbox one and PS4 CPU combined,look how at 2.5ghz is 43FPS but at 4.5ghz runs almost at 60FPS a 16 FPS increase just by speed difference even at 2.5 that CPU destroy the xbox one CPU core per core is faster and stronger.

Project cars is a CPU intensive game if you can't see hen you are a blind fanboy,been more GPU oriented would still not explain the up to 14 FPS gap + 1080 vs 900p gap + Extra temporal AA the PS4 has again the PS4 GPU is not that strong over the xbox one GPU.

TLHBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TLHBO
Member since 2003 • 8360 Posts

Lemmings think they're getting GTX980 performance with this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Heil68

@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

So sure you can spin the terms as much as you want but it really doesn't matter if people are sticking a steam machine next to their ps4 or replacing it.

Acknowledging the PS4's world most powerful console at this time is best for you. Good job!

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By waahahah

@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

Acknowledging the PS4's world most powerful console at this time is best for you. Good job!

I'm not, I'm simply stating that you can ignore that PC can now be a console with steam machines, but due to twisted system wars logic that the meaning of certain real world terms limit the percieved reality to support sony..

Exclusives? Completely negate pc/xbox exclusives since they are on two systems excluding ps4. But those games don't count as exclusives.

ps4 the most powerful console? Sure if you don't consider steam machines that are designed to be consoles... a console.

What does reality say? ps4 doesn't have those games shared with xbox/pc and its a weak PC that is locked down by sony.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Heil68

@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

I'm not, I'm simply stating that you can ignore that PC can now be a console with steam machines, but due to twisted system wars logic that the meaning of certain real world terms limit the percieved reality to support sony..

Exclusives? Completely negate pc/xbox exclusives since they are on two systems excluding ps4. But those games don't count as exclusives.

ps4 the most powerful console? Sure if you don't consider steam machines that are designed to be consoles... a console.

What does reality say? ps4 doesn't have those games shared with xbox/pc and its a weak PC that is locked down by sony.

Well it IS the world's most powerful video game console though.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

which is kinda sad when you think about it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Heil68

@NFJSupreme said:
@Heil68 said:

which is kinda sad when you think about it.

Not really. I'm fine with consoles as long as there is a progression in terms of hardware with them in the new generation.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 waahahah

@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-alpha/pd?oc=dkcwa04&model_id=alienware-alpha

"Powerful Console. Compact Desktop"

Its more powerful video game console than ps4, and a PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Heil68

@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:
@waahahah said:

Nope, steam machines.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-alpha/pd?oc=dkcwa04&model_id=alienware-alpha

"Powerful Console. Compact Desktop"

Its more powerful video game console than ps4, and a PC.

Nope. PS4 is the most powerful video game console.

That isn't classified as a video game console.

and lol @Alienware

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By waahahah

@Heil68 said:

and lol @Alienware

So here we go, back to definition twisting. Its marketed for gaming as a console, its designed for gaming as a console... what more do you need to be classified as a video game console? Lock apps behind a pay wall? Disallow productivity tools to be used?

http://www.ibuypower.com/Product/SBX here's another console then. You can kick and scream this isn't a video game console all you want because it overlaps as being a PC also... but that won't stop it from being a console, and that won't stop it from being a viable replacement as well.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Heil68

@waahahah said:
@Heil68 said:

and lol @Alienware

So here we go, back to definition twisting. Its marketed for gaming as a console, its designed for gaming as a console... what more do you need to be classified as a video game console? Lock apps behind a pay wall? Disallow productivity tools to be used?

http://www.ibuypower.com/Product/SBX here's another console then. You can kick and scream this isn't a video game console all you want because it overlaps as being a PC also... but that won't stop it from being a console, and that won't stop it from being a viable replacement as well.

You can post all the links you want, it doesnt matter. PS4 wins,

Add me to PSN+ BroknOath and we can play some current gen 8 console leading PS4, that just so happens to be the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games.