B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

They won E3. Yes we knew Mario Odyssey was coming but those game play videos were great. Nintendo has another 10 masterpiece game on their hands and this year they will have released 2. Game of the Year will between Zelda and Mario.

Metroid Prime 4. Yes no game play but getting a title was much more than we thought we were getting, which was no Metroid in the foreseeable future.

Return of Samus Remake. It's on the 3DS but man that game looked awesome on all accounts. I played the game back in the early 90's with my gameboy. I'm excited.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. To me the trailer they showed earlier in the week was bad. I hated the acting and everything looked just so cartoony. Then we got gameplay and a scope of the world and I was pleasantly surprised that the game actually looked like a much better looking version of Xenoblade Chronicles.

All in all this E3 was the worst in a while but I was surprised with what Nintendo accomplished.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@demon-returns said:

I mean all over youtube all I see is people saying that Nintendo won... why?

I mean I understand that Metroid Prime 4 has been asked for a long time and it's probably the equivalent of Sony announcing Final Fantasy 7 remake but still...... The game wasn't even shown. Just a title written. Is Metroid a megaton seller kind game?

Mario Odyssey we all knew was coming.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2... did the first one even sell that well on Wii that had a crazy large install base?

All over youtube ? Lol , ive yet to see that !

Weve seen nothing of metroid prime 4 so theres nothing more than a logo. Mario felt underwhelming even if it has practically no competitor out there other than SM64 , a 20 years old game that plays better from what ive seen. Aside my opinion about it we already knew was coming and Xenoblade is the same or of lower anticipatation/caliber of a game than most of the big games we saw in other conferences.

Stop watching Sheep channels

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I'll say.

They spent less time beating around the bush like the others did and they delivered everything the fans wanted, and then some. They finally announced major games that gamers have been begging and dreaming for for years (console Pokemon and not one but two new Metroid games).

They did a better job showing off games that had already previously been announced (Super Mario Odyssey) by showing off completely new gameplay mechanics not ever seen in a Mario game that looks refreshing as much as it looks exciting. They managed to refresh the hype whereas Sony's display was really more of the same and no surprises in their presentation. It suffices to say Sony's cockiness led to disappointment by many fans.

Microsoft had to live up to an almost unrealistic bar placed by gamers over the Scorpio, and it's too bad that because of this they fell short.

Nintendo's short and direct presentation videos should become a new standard for E3 presentations because the masturbation of the stage conference is getting old, tired and cringeworthy for most gamers and let's face it, it's been that way for many years.

E3 is due for some massive rehauls and so far it is Nintendo that's making those moves.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Me when I saw the Screw Attack symbol then the number 4 with the Prime music.

Then this is how I reacted when I saw Samus Returns on the Treehouse live.

It was a really good day that day.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Nintendo blew me away with Mario Oydessy. My life will never be the same. I've been showing that trailer to everyone I k ow.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Nintendo won easily, 15 hours of treehouse footage across 3 days, the best conference showing with Metroid Prime 4 being the only game I jumped off the couch punching the air for at e3.

Microsoft second, I have a good PC and love the Xbox brand so they showed so many games.

Ubisoft third. Sony fourth, Bethesda then EA last

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Yeah, they did.

• Nintendo had multiple unannounced games, all of which are exclusive to there platforms.
  • They had easily the best game at the show, with Mario Odyssey.
  • All the games they showed that we knew of before the show are releasing this year.
  • They had two megaton announcements, with the confirmation that both Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon will indeed be coming to Switch.

But even with all that, the real reason they won is simply because Sony and Microsoft didn't really try this year.

• The only surprise announcements Microsoft had where 3rd party games, that aren't even exclusive. Sony didn't do much better, they had two surprise announcements, one also been multi-plat, and the other been a remaster of a game they already remastered last gen.
  • None of there games where particularly interesting. Most of Sony's games all started to blend together, everything is trying to be either Uncharted, Horizon or a mix of the two, and the game I was most excited for from them, Spider-Man, looks like it mostly plays itself but then occasionally puts up a QTE to check you're still awake. Microsoft was no better, Sea of Thieves just looks boring, but then I don't have many friends who're gamers so novelty is lost on me anyway. Crackdown I was excited for, but it just looked meh, I went in excited for it, but left extremely disappointed.
  • Most of the games Sony and Microsoft showed, that aren't third party, aren't releasing until 2018 or later.
  • Neither had any true megaton announcements this year, both felt rather lazy.

So yeah, Nintendo won, but more so because Microsoft and Sony where both trash this year.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#60 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I think it was the overall Metroid presence that put them over the top. That 3DS Metroid game looks solid AND comes out in three months. That's delivering.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Absolutely. Flashing the Metroid Prime 4 logo is equivalent to flashing the Half-Life 3 logo. Sony was very disappointing, Bethesda was horrible. Microsoft was surprisingly good though.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@demon-returns: Well, we know Sony and Microsoft didn't win, that's for sure.