Did Microsoft just lose their last reason to own an X1?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

With Tomb Raider confirmed to be a multiplat, what other reason is there to buy an Xbox one?

Halo 5's not gonna outdo Black ops 3, and you'd be lucky to have anyone care about it after Battlefront 3. Recore will likely be on PC as are 99 percent of X1 exclusives. So be rational about this, when gamers can say "I can play Bloodborne, exclusive to the PS4, I can play Uncharted which will never go to PC or X1, I can play SFV which will never be on X1"....so why get an Xbone?

(I'm beginning to strongly dislike X1)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Forza, Halo, Gears, & Fable. Same ol, same ol.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

No Halo and Gears are still the main draw. Tomb Raider is just an attempt to extort people that prefer PlayStation.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Here's the thing, get both.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@bobrossperm said:

By both you mean PC and PS4? This deal assured I will never buy an Xbox One. Thankfully most of their 3rd party deals end up on PC.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Forza 6.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

TR was a reason to get an X1?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Oh no, not another ordinary, 8 hour third person shooter... How will the company ever recover?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

We have been plagued with really lousy threads lately, this one falls in that category.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

The reason for wanting an Xbox One is co-op/multiplayer gaming. I'm sure there is a good number of people who strictly game on consoles only. Xbox One is the more appealing console that offers that experience (Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends and etc...). On top of that you're getting the same multiplayer multiplats as the PS4.

So that would be my reason for wanting a Xbox One. To me the PS4 needs to get some more co-op/multiplayer games wether exclusive or pc/ps4. Outside of Bloodborne and Helldivers nothing else interests me on PS4 in the co-op/multiplayer genre. But in time it will change as I expect Sony to hammer it home with Uncharted and with future games to come.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Forza, Halo, Gears, & Fable. Same ol, same ol.

You mean same lol, same lol. These aren't Nintendo franchises.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

No, honestly Tomb Raider was never a good reason just hype because it wasn't on PS4, but it did lose it's reason to be owned this holiday season.

The reasons to own or bypass XB1 altogether solely depend on the success of Scalebound and Recore.

These 2 Japanese developed games which, ironically, xbox fans professed much hate toward over these many years-- are going to be the deciding factor in the ryse or fall of their platforms fate .

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Halo 5 maybe.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

what reason is there to buy ps4?

two ps3 ports and multiplats? amazing

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

It was always confirmed to be a multiplat. Also, no.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i don't think people are dumb enough to believe TR was an exclusive (that excludes nyaDC). Xbone is doomed and that's since 2013.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@playharderfool: Scalebound will sell as many Xbox Ones as Bayonetta 2 sold Wii Us. Recore even less.

Halo/Gears as always. I don't include Forza because it doesn't really sell much despite its apparent quality.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

so what you really saying is there is no reason to own any console.....gears remake,fable, sf5, big games all on pc plus all the major 3party games..

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@playharderfool said:

No, honestly Tomb Raider was never a good reason just hype because it wasn't on PS4, but it did lose it's reason to be owned this holiday season.

The reasons to own or bypass XB1 altogether solely depend on the success of Scalebound and Recore.

These 2 Japanese developed games which, ironically, xbox fans professed much hate toward over these many years-- are going to be the deciding factor in the ryse or fall of their platforms fate .

Nice assumption you have

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrongBlackVine

@granddogg said:

so what you really saying is there is no reason to own any console.....gears remake,fable, sf5, big games all on pc plus all the major 3party games..

Nintendo and Sony published games don't end up on PC and other platforms. Any way this is a stupid topic. Not wasting any more time in it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The only people who thought TR wasn't a multiplay were utter idiots. No reason to freak out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@XboxStache said:

With Tomb Raider confirmed to be a multiplat, what other reason is there to buy an Xbox one?

Halo 5's not gonna outdo Black ops 3, and you'd be lucky to have anyone care about it after Battlefront 3. Recore will likely be on PC as are 99 percent of X1 exclusives. So be rational about this, when gamers can say "I can play Bloodborne, exclusive to the PS4, I can play Uncharted which will never go to PC or X1, I can play SFV which will never be on X1"....so why get an Xbone?

I got mine for Halo, Gears, Fable, QB, Scalebound, Crackdown, DR3. Now you'll say 99.9% are going to PC. How many PC consumers have a PC that can run Ryse, DR3, Fable Legends comfortably? Can my uncle on his $400 Dell laptop? You act like the majority of the PC user base will be running these games on great settings. Here's why you get an Xbox one, you like the video games it offers and don't give a rats ass about building or maintaining a gaming capable PC. More importantly, Its where I can game with my friends I served with because they own one.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XboxStache

@playharderfool: Are you kidding?

Recore and Scalebound are almost guaranteed to be flops. That's like saying Quantum Break has loads of hype behind it...this isn't 2013 anymore.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Sucks abit to see PS4 fans celebrating all the Xbox One doom

Hey atleast we got Halo 5 which seems kinda fun actually...

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Tomb Raider confirmed to be multi-platform? Why are you saying this like this is new news or information? The day after it was announced it was confirmed to be a timed exclusive, it was always going to come out on another platform, it was just never known what or when, now that information is known...

Halo 5 is going to sell extremely well like any other Halo and it's likely to be well rated, why are you concerned about it's position in the market or if more people are playing something else? That sounds extremely stupid, unimportant and nonsensical in relation to whether it's a good game or not.

ReCore? You know nothing about it and it's listed as an Xbox One Exclusive, since you haven't been paying attention let me update you on a bit of clarification that Microsoft has been providing recently surrounding their games and exclusivity confusion on their own website. Big surprise, they're actually listing games as "Xbox One Exclusive | (period of time)" for timed exclusives, "Windows 10 and Xbox One Exclusive" for PC and Xbox One games and solely "Xbox One Exclusive" for solely Xbox One games.

In terms of your '99% of Xbox One exclusives are on PC' statement, that's a horribly gross exaggeration. The funny and doublethink logic that comes into play with your next statement is pretty funny as well, you bash certain Xbox One games coming to PC yet in the very next sentence you glorify Street Fighter V for the PlayStation 4, a game also on PC, do you even think before you start typing?

Can you play Halo 5 on PC or PS4? No, can you play The Master Chief Collection on PC or PS4? No, can you play Forza 5/6/Horizon 2 on PC or PS4? No, can you play ReCore on PC or PS4? No, can you play Sunset Overdrive on PC or PS4? No, can you play Scalebound on PC or PS4? No, can you play Quantum Break on PC or PS4? No, can you play Crackdown 3 on PC or PS4? No, can you play Gears of War 4 on PC or PS4? No.

Are you noticing a pattern here? I see a list of games on and going to be on the Xbox One without even so much as a hint or inclination of them coming to the PC. So you can't play any of those on the PC or the PlayStation 4 yet you act as if they don't exist or are somehow inferior, then at the same time glorify Bloodborne and Uncharted for not being on the PC or Xbox One which is the identical situation of those games...

What in the hell is wrong with you...

P.S. Do you even own a gaming PC which could make use of these games in the event they ever did come to PC? I require evidence in the form of CPU-Z validation, if you don't have a PC to play them on then your own point pertaining to you evaporates.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 playharderfool

@StrongBlackVine said:

@playharderfool: Scalebound will sell as many Xbox Ones as Bayonetta 2 sold Wii Us. Recore even less.

Halo/Gears as always. I don't include Forza because it doesn't really sell much despite its apparent quality.

Scalebound and Recore would sell to people like me and you who otherwise have absolutely no reason to buy it.

My logic is that the "core" xbox fans "the bro Halo shooter" crowd have mostly adopted xbox already but people who aren't Halo fanatics and open to other more diversified library of games will choose PS4 simply because they might find something they like if it isn't already there.

Scalebound and Recore might make gamers like me and you think twice about only owning a PS4 or picking xb1 instead. There is no other game in MS library that will make anyone reconsider their choices. Just like the SF4 thread asking what's MS's response, this is one concept xbox fanboys consistently fail to understand. Gamers with diversified tastes have no reason to buy xbox 1 and their big rehashed titles (Forza, Halo, Gears) are not going to do it.

On their 3rd system, everyone knows about Halo/Forza/Gears and people aren't buying the system even knowing they are coming. Only games like Scalebound and Recore can change xbox 1's fate.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Absolutely not, it's just one of many great games coming out in the next few months for 2015, and it was previously known as being a timed exclusive anyways.

And yes, I'm well aware of the repeated-ad-nauseam F/G/H/F criticism, but there's no denying the fan service there, delivering all those games in such a short period.....wouldn't PS4 owners love to get Uncharted4/GT7 and more in the next few months? There is demand for it, I know tons of people would love it if a high quality Gran Tourismo sequel came out in September to compete with Forza 6, the demand is there, but not the supply.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XboxStache

@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

Tomb Raider confirmed to be multi-platform? Why are you saying this like this is new news or information? The day after it was announced it was confirmed to be a timed exclusive, it was always going to come out on another platform, it was just never known what or when, now that information is known...

Halo 5 is going to sell extremely well like any other Halo and it's likely to be well rated, why are you concerned about it's position in the market or if more people are playing something else? That sounds extremely stupid, unimportant and nonsensical in relation to whether it's a good game or not.

ReCore? You know nothing about it and it's listed as an Xbox One Exclusive, since you haven't been paying attention let me update you on a bit of clarification that Microsoft has been providing recently surrounding their games and exclusivity confusion on their own website. Big surprise, they're actually listing games as "Xbox One Exclusive | (period of time)" for timed exclusives, "Windows 10 and Xbox One Exclusive" for PC and Xbox One games and solely "Xbox One Exclusive" for solely Xbox One games.

In terms of your '99% of Xbox One exclusives are on PC' statement, that's a horribly gross exaggeration. The funny and doublethink logic that comes into play with your next statement is pretty funny as well, you bash certain Xbox One games coming to PC yet in the very next sentence you glorify Street Fighter V for the PlayStation 4, a game also on PC, do you even think before you start typing?

Can you play Halo 5 on PC or PS4? No, can you play The Master Chief Collection on PC or PS4? No, can you play Forza 5/6/Horizon 2 on PC or PS4? No, can you play ReCore on PC or PS4? No, can you play Sunset Overdrive on PC or PS4? No, can you play Scalebound on PC or PS4? No, can you play Quantum Break on PC or PS4? No, can you play Crackdown 3 on PC or PS4? No, can you play Gears of War 4 on PC or PS4? No.

Are you noticing a pattern here? I see a list of games on and going to be on the Xbox One without even so much as a hint or inclination of them coming to the PC. So you can't play any of those on the PC or the PlayStation 4 yet you act as if they don't exist or are somehow inferior, then at the same time glorify Bloodborne and Uncharted for not being on the PC or Xbox One which is the identical situation of those games...

What in the hell is wrong with you...

No. More like what's your problem. Xbox gamers have only entertained the possibility of it being on PC...now it's also confirmed for PS4...both options are superior to the X1. So stop whining.

Btw, you know about as much about Recore as the rest of us which is nothing at all since no gameplay was shown.

But keep damage controlling. Sunset Overdrive's likely bound to have a sequel on the PS4 and most if not all the other "exclusives" you named are PC bound. Phil's giving you more reason to not play Xbox One. Playstation Domination. PS4's better, just admit it. I am.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

um, tomb raider was confirmed to be a multiplat last year.

@StrongBlackVine said:
@bobrossperm said:

By both you mean PC and PS4? This deal assured I will never buy an Xbox One. Thankfully most of their 3rd party deals end up on PC.

why would you get a pc and ps4? all the games you'd want to play on ps4 are available on pc with better graphics and lower price.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NyaDC
@XboxStache said:

No. More like what's your problem. Xbox gamers have only entertained the possibility of it being on PC...now it's also confirmed for PS4...both options are superior to the X1. So stop whining.

Btw, you know about as much about Recore as the rest of us which is nothing at all since no gameplay was shown.

But keep damage controlling. Sunset Overdrive's likely bound to have a sequel on the PS4 and most if not all the other "exclusives" you named are PC bound. Phil's giving you more reason to not play Xbox One. Playstation Domination. PS4's better, just admit it. I am.

So what you're saying is everything you're saying is speculation and conjecture, glad we're on the same page.

P.S. I know something about ReCore, there's literally nothing to suggest it will be on PC, by even suggesting it will that is an unfounded genetic fallacy.

@mems_1224 said:

It was confirmed the day after it was announced, I don't know why he's trying to act like this is new.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XboxStache

@nyadc: Oh whatever!!!!

No one's gonna play TR at 30fps and 900p with dynamic res bumping it to 1080p like Microsoft claims is it's native res. Anyway, it doesn't compare to Uncharted 4. It just looks like the last TR in a different setting. Wait until Digital Foundry rips it a new asshole.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 playharderfool
@XboxStache said:

Recore and Scalebound are almost guaranteed to be flops. That's like saying Quantum Break has loads of hype behind it...this isn't 2013 anymore.

What makes them guaranteed flops?

I am trying to be a reasonable and objective as I can here. Everyone is caught up in their fantasies and preferences to present good solid opinions on topics like this. This is mine!

From where sit the only way these games are guaranteed to flop is if MS treats them like many of their other non Halo level titles and gives them a space or non-existent marketing push. They have the talent (Platinum) they have the hardware (xb1 >> wii U) and they have the resources ($$$). If the games turn out to be good, all they need to do is give them a Halo/gears level marketing push.

It might just be from the presentation, but it seems as if MS is trying to take Scalebound more seriously than they have other non mainstream FPS titles of the past. I am not saying that these games turn around the console war but I am saying they would be a reason to own XB1 as Tomb Raider never was.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NyaDC

@XboxStache said:

@nyadc: Oh whatever!!!!

No one's gonna play TR at 30fps and 900p with dynamic res bumping it to 1080p like Microsoft claims is it's native res. Anyway, it doesn't compare to Uncharted 4. It just looks like the last TR in a different setting. Wait until Digital Foundry rips it a new asshole.

It's already confirmed as running at full HD 1080p on the Xbox One and the FPS is unknown, however both are likely to have a cap of 30 FPS due to the PlayStation 4's inability to handle 60 FPS on the previous game resulting in multiple issues from the large framerate drops, it couldn't handle it.

You literally know **** all about both games, it could be considerably better than Uncharted 4, it could also be worse, stop bringing up irrelevant bullshit you know nothing about and then try forming points with said bullshit.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Mcc is enough reason, just finished all 4 campaigns. 343 did an amazing job and brought back so many glorious memories

Also its the only console with a quality driving simulator.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. PC has me covered on nearly everything. My PS4 is a dust collector, but it's still getting more stuff that I'm interested than the Xbone. Between those two platforms I'm covered. Then I have the Wii U for exclusives here and there.

Buying an Xbone at this point would just mean buying a system that largely has the same games as the other two systems that do it better. If somebody gave me an Xbone for free right now, I can't think of a single game that I would go buy.

Obviously all preference though, I'm not saying "Durr Xbone has no gaemz!", but they do have very few exclusives and none that I'm personally interested in.

I'll probably get one eventually though. Surely they'll have enough cool exclusives to justify it by the end of the gen. As of now though, Scalebound and Recore are the only titles that might sway me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lol, no. Dumb thread.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XboxStache

@playharderfool said:
@XboxStache said:

What makes them guaranteed flops?

I am trying to be a reasonable and objective as I can here. Everyone is caught up in their fantasies and preferences to present good solid opinions on topics like this. This is mine!

From where sit the only way these games are guaranteed to flop is if MS treats them like many of their other non Halo level titles and gives them a space or non-existent marketing push. They have the talent (Platinum) they have the hardware (xb1 >> wii U) and they have the resources ($$$). If the games turn out to be good, all they need to do is give them a Halo/gears level marketing push.

It might just be from the presentation, but it seems as if MS is trying to take Scalebound more seriously than they have other non mainstream FPS titles of the past. I am not saying that these games turn around the console war but I am saying they would be a reason to own XB1 as Tomb Raider never was.

Generally, because they're not touched up upon. Microsoft's marketing this gen is terrible. They're bound to be good games, yet it's not in the Halo/Forza territory. Same thing with Quantum Break. Quantum Break was shown off almost 3 years ago...we know it's coming, but are people still hyped after the wait with all the games coming out? Think Black Ops 3, Battlefront, For Honor, Doom, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4 and more...remember when Sunset Overdrive launched? Exactly. Most of us really didn't keep up with it because of timing and lack of promoting it's release. SO is a great game and could've sold much better than it did...but it lacked umph.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@bobrossperm said:

why would you get a pc and ps4? all the games you'd want to play on ps4 are available on pc with better graphics and lower price.

Uncharted 4, W!ld, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Everybody's Gone To Rapture, The Tomorrow Children, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 7, God Of War(next), Nier, Persona 5, Bloodborne expanison....

All PlayStation exclusives that I'm currently interested in and not available on PC. I will save you the trouble of saying how much most of those games don't appeal to you. We've established that we have VERY different tastes in games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: there is like one interesting game in the trash pile you just mentioned and some are multiplats

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XboxStache

@nyadc: "It COULD BE better than UNCHARTED 4"???

Highly unlikely.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine: there is like one interesting game in the trash pile you just mentioned and some are multiplats

Some multiplats, but still only on PlayStation and not PC. One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@XboxStache said:

What do you mean by "flops" ? Are we interested in the company line? ie potential sales generated from these games, or gamers' enjoyment? The latter would be a very good reason for owning the Xbox One.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NyaDC

@XboxStache said:

Highly unlikely.

I didn't realize you were omnipotent, my mistake...

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrongBlackVine

@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

Highly unlikely.

Have you owned up to being a wrong about this game never coming to PS4 because Microsoft funded it?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BigBadBully: But the PS4 has about 100 more multiplats than Xbone, actually.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

halo will be this years best selling game

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XboxStache

@StrongBlackVine said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

Highly unlikely.

Have you owned up to being a wrong about this game never coming to PS4 because Microsoft funded it?

Which he denies and pretends to have known the whole time.

Suddenly, it doesn't matter when Xbox One has a multiplat...more reason PS4 dominates.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Killer Instinct was the only reason for me to own one but now that it's going to PC, I have no reason anymore

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@XboxStache: What a fakeboy. Don't act like Tomb Raider was NEVER meant to come out on other platforms. What the hell you think HOLIDAY EXCLUSIVE could've meant?

Halo 5 will sell better than any blockbuster multiplat on PS4 and are you really worried a gimped reskinned Battlefield that's missing most features and content from previous 10 year old version is gonna outsell it on 3 platforms combined?

ReCore is strictly X1 exclusive