Dew dew dew, dew dew, another one bites the dust..........

• 105 results
#51 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17776 posts) -

@airshocker said:

What the fuck is going on with this studio that their big employees are all leaving?

Seriously.

#52 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

I realize Naughty Dog scares the bejezes out of lems and herms...but didn't know they were downright terrified of them.

#53 Edited by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

I realize Naughty Dog scares the bejezes out of lems and herms...but didn't know they were downright terrified of them.

And it sums up the PS4 library as well

#54 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5143 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It would seem the title of theit last game "The Last of Us", seems quite relevant these days.

So, who's up for a new Ensemble game? Anyone?

I can't wait to see what MS Victoria is cooking up.

#55 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@airshocker said:
@Sweenix said:

Wow.. Leaving after finishing a game, hold the presses!!

Usually people move onto different projects WITHIN the company that they're working for. They don't just leave the company after a game has been finished.

Actually, that's not true at all. It's quite common practice for development companies to get rid of a chunk of staff of all experience and skill levels after any given project, and rehire new staff completely.

I think people should really read up on how contracts work.

Or game development for that matter.

#56 Edited by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

Not surprised. If I was a dev and had to choose between doing something creative with my time or work on another Uncharted game I would definitely jump ship like everyone else has.

#57 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@MonsieurX: still no goty exclusive on pc ? SAD

#58 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

Fresh ideas, Fresh concepts and an invigorating jolt of 100% balls to the wall, put that mother fucker to the floor, pedal to the metal. Awwww yeahhhhh. The BEST games are yet to come from this #legendary, top GOAT dev.

:D

#59 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Not surprised. If I was a dev and had to choose between doing something creative with my time or work on another Uncharted game I would definitely jump ship like everyone else has.

That seems to be in line with what Giant bomb has been saying (though at this point i'm starting to become suspect). Studios bulk up big for projects and it's the start of a new generation. If they wanna get creative with new stuff now's the time. Especially with the way self publishing and DD has grown. It gives them the means to do things they may have no been able to do under a big studio.

#60 Edited by HitmanActual (389 posts) -

Naughty Dog weekly developers meeting...

#61 Posted by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

still no goty exclusive on PS4? SAD

#62 Posted by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@MonsieurX: ps4 is 5 months old nerd, you are dumb it shows haha

i have a idea go to school, because your life is SW which is really really sad!

#63 Posted by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@lglz1337 said:

still no games on PS4? SAD

fixed

#64 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

Sony is having to cut pay checks because they're running out of buildings to sell and practically bleeding money. No wonder people are leaving.

#65 Edited by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lol nerd calling someone else a nerd!!1

u so funneh

@mems_1224 said:

@MonsieurX said:
@lglz1337 said:

still no games on PS4? SAD

fixed

Thanks,my mistake

#66 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

Looks like DREAMS do come true!

#67 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

Probably realized that TLoU was the zenith of his career and decided to pursue other employment.

#68 Posted by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: you are dumb it shows haha

i have a idea go to school

LOL

#69 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@mems_1224: nobody called for backup nerd

#70 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

Probably realized that TLoU was the zenith of his career and decided to pursue other employment.

Hard to beat top 5 GOAT, which Naughty Gods are synonymous with, true.

#71 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Scary. I'm surprised so many are leaving ND in particular, but nothing ever stays the same. Still, the departures at Sony keep coming.

#72 Posted by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@MonsieurX: keep hitting f5 nerd that's all you do

#73 Edited by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@mems_1224: nobody called for backup nerd

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: keep hitting f5 nerd that's all you do

Come on

#74 Posted by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@MonsieurX: f5

#75 Posted by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: f5

But you're doing it as well,so you're not better than me

#76 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@airshocker said:

What the fuck is going on with this studio that their big employees are all leaving?

Even though he was the lead, I wouldn't suggest a character artist is a big employee.

#77 Edited by tymeservesfate (1970 posts) -

8-bit Uncharted game incoming

#78 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (739 posts) -

RIP ND

#79 Posted by charizard1605 (58260 posts) -

What is up at Naughty Dog?

#80 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -

Are they being brought out?

Sig

____

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161288635428

#81 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

This is probably the best response towards these types of threads/topics

#82 Posted by clone01 (24843 posts) -

Who knows? Maybe he left for another job offer. Its no different than other businesses in that respect. Also, I would guess that developing a big budget title can be extremely stressful. Perhaps time to cool the engines a little bit.

#83 Edited by VERTIGO47 (6278 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

i guess all the ND employees are sick of making crappy movies.

whos left there anyways? joe the janitor? i heard he might be leaving too.

Joe the Janitor is definitely leaving, after all the shit that's been piling up at ND, could you blame him? LMAO

#84 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Sweenix said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

@MBirdy88: more than 200 award >>>>>> your opinion! FACT!

Linear 10 hour shooter with no re playability value... and not even the best mechanics in their own genres.... is also a fact.

Ever heard of multiplayer? i personally spent over 100 hours on uncharted 3.

There is a difference between a fact and a fanboy and i believe you are the latter and once again, let me quote you on that titanfall avy

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:

My guess is.... Naughtydog pushed the boundaries of gameplay and style at one point..... the first uncharted and last of us were interesting.

But now the studio is getting too much fame for creating graphic-whoring linear shooters... they are forced to keep making them over and over for the bro-cow gamers .... if I was a leader in the creative role there... I would leave.... as its now devoid of any.

"Whats our next game guys" "A ZOMBIE SHOOTER REPLACE DRAKE WITH AN OLD MAN, ADD A LITTLE GIRL MAKE IT DRAMATIC" .... jesus christ.

Says the person who has a titanfall avy

Lems these days :/

Uncharted MP NEVER took off, I don't care if you like it, its mundane/mediocre at best and received that way. why would I play that MP when I can play mnany better ones, ironically Titanfall.

PC/PS4/Vita player sorry to dissapoint. linear 10 hour shooters never make the top of my lists... and are not creative,.

Mediocre? In what way? last time i checked uncharted 3 received a 9.0 here and has a meta of 92 and considering multiplayer is part of the review, it does not make it mediocre

Don't start forcing your irrelevant opinions as fact

... oh please Sweenix..... multiplayer was in Crysis 1... and it was S*it... its also in alot of games that are 9+ but still absolutely sucks. no reviewer gave a damn about the MP portions of these games, they were written off. its MP doesn't hold a candle to any of the greats.... its a mediocre pass-off... their populations are crap... even with free2play.

so no, its not just my opinion. its just common sense based on none of the big MP communities give a flying f*ck about its pathetic half-baked existence.

These games got their 9s for their flashy tech/art and presentation, excelling at absolutely nothing else as a video game.

#85 Edited by bobbetybob (19291 posts) -

Huh, this is pretty weird now, so many people all leaving like this, something must be going on behind the scenes. This guy actually went to my university and they constantly showed us his work because it's God damn amazing, Naughty Dog basically head hunted the guy because his work was so good, flew him to LA for an interview, that sort of thing. Seems weird that he'd want to leave after only 3 years there for no reason at all.

#86 Edited by clone01 (24843 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

You mean "I have an Idea, go to school."

#87 Posted by airshocker (29912 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@airshocker said:
@Sweenix said:

Usually people move onto different projects WITHIN the company that they're working for. They don't just leave the company after a game has been finished.

Actually, that's not true at all. It's quite common practice for development companies to get rid of a chunk of staff of all experience and skill levels after any given project, and rehire new staff completely.

That may be true for low-level employees but big names stay with that company and go to different projects.

#88 Edited by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Oh lord...

#89 Edited by Tighaman (975 posts) -

Seems like everyone can't wait until ND finish tlou and Uncharted so they can leave. Soon as the project finish they are gone.

#90 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

Who cares. Sony is releasing a VR headset.

#91 Posted by jsmoke03 (12930 posts) -

if the new nd game ends up being booty then we can all hand out the pitchforks....if it turns out great, would it really matter?

#92 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi: you're right..........I mean look at the concrete!!!! All fanboys are bottom feeders. Denying yourself games, for a gamer doesn't make sense.

#93 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

if the new nd game ends up being booty then we can all hand out the pitchforks....if it turns out great, would it really matter?

Lems aren't fond of logic, your comment is wasted here lol.

#94 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

...lol? Who cares?

Xbone can only dream of a game like TLOU and a studio like Naughty Dog.

the way people are leaving they have a studio like ND, its called Rare

#95 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5143 posts) -

Can't wait for lems to say that MS are "staffing up hard" at their shit studios for Kinect games.

@cainetao11 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...lol? Who cares?

Rare's been shit for ten years. ND?

Can't wait for the E3 gameplay footage to silence the shitposters.

#96 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Can't wait for lems to say that MS are "staffing up hard" at their shit studios for Kinect games.

@cainetao11 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...lol? Who cares?

Rare's been shit for ten years. ND?

Can't wait for the E3 gameplay footage to silence the shitposters.

Ten years starts some where. I'm kidding, relax cow. But it is alarming that a lot of people are leaving this studio. We will never know what is truly going on because none of us work there. I know you love Sony and they do no wrong and xbox bad. Its all going to be alright, and remember its not your fault.

#97 Edited by indigenous_euphoria (157 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Worked on TLOU, quit after it finished, by that point UC4 was two years in development. I was unaware development staff were contracted to studios for life.

Imagine if MS or EA had a dev studio as good as Naughty Dog, they might get this much attention on their personnel turnover.

MS does have studios as good as Naughty Dog imo.

#98 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

@MBirdy88: more than 200 award >>>>>> your opinion! FACT!

Linear 10 hour shooter with no re playability value... and not even the best mechanics in their own genres.... is also a fact.

go play garbage truck simulator on your worthless rig LOL.

#99 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5143 posts) -

@indigenous_euphoria said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Worked on TLOU, quit after it finished, by that point UC4 was two years in development. I was unaware development staff were contracted to studios for life.

Imagine if MS or EA had a dev studio as good as Naughty Dog, they might get this much attention on their personnel turnover.

#100 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@indigenous_euphoria said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'd like to hear their names, lol.