Developers: Wii U is in serious trouble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
Omgz errbody is teh doomz
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Nintendo: Doomed since 1989LittleMac19
You mean 1889 :)

Damn it! Well, you know how close those 9 and 8 keys are... *whistles*
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wii U is doomed, 720 is doomed, PS4 is doomed, PC gaming is doomed. Phone gaming is king!

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Another quality Gue1 thread...

I'm not giving you my Seal Of Approval(tm), tho. :P

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Wii U is selling less software than the Vita so you know they are in some serious deep crap.

That's hilarious to read. As for the Wii U, I think most people expected this kind of reaction to the Wii U. Not popular at all. Hope they get their stuff together because once the other big 2 enter the market, the Wii U may be buried under next-gen media.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

lol 3rd party developers are saying this?

the same ones dont want to port crysis tomb raider gta5 even though the hardware is able to now....

these "developers" are in MS and sony's pocket... of course they don't care about the wiiU...

once the wiiU starts selling like it did at launch then more developers will jump on board.

GamerwillzPS

Your tears are delicious. Can I drink more?

haha... i'm laughing at all this...ps1/ps2 era is over

ps3 was a joke this gen even you jumped ship...

ps4 will be more of the same....sony's reign is over unless they launch 4k tv with the ps5

the ps4 will not sell as well as the ps3 even...

next gen will be bad for all 3 consoles... i predict all 3 will 40 or 50M sold...

whats ps4's selling point?  bluray? lol thats everywhere

graphics? PC fanboys are going to have a jpeg field day..

1st party lol..everyone knows sonys 1st party sucks and no ones buys them...

3rd party is their only savior... and MS and PC have it too.. 

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Theyll turn it around like they did with the 3DS. Iwata has super powers.

FlamesOfGrey

Nah, handhelds are dependant more on Japanese development where Nintendo has alot of pull for various reasons. It's not that way with consoles since last generation Western games are dominating consoles. Wii U will be fine as Nintendo always makes a profit and release 1st Party titles but it won't be winning 8th generation or have the best library unless Sony and Microsoft both screw up.

I never said anything about winning.

Vambran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Vambran
Member since 2005 • 1921 Posts

Wii-U came out too late. Will not be able to run most next gen games. It will be like the SNES trying to compete with PS1. Wii-U is in a worse position than the dreamcast , which could atleast run on par with the PS2 and XBOX.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I never had a Wii console, nor I'm planning buying a Wii U, but I'm under an impression that developers are deliberately crapping on Wii U in order to subtly hype the 720 and PS4. I mean for f**k sake, every new system needs a time to mature.

IgGy621985

I have that feeling to. Everyone has to just be patient. But sadly some of the doomsayers don't recognize that.Most of the games released during the launch of the console were ports with nothing interesting or new in them mostly and low budget exclusives.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 super600  Moderator

Wii-U came out too late. Will not be able to run most next gen games. It will be like the SNES trying to compete with PS1. Wii-U is in a worse position than the dreamcast , which could atleast run on par with the PS2 and XBOX.

Vambran

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The dreamcast was weaker then both of those consoles by a lot.And the difference between the WiiU and 720/PS4 is in the single digit territory in terms of power(3X-6X) more powerful most likely.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 super600  Moderator

However, HE BELIEVES ORBIS AND DURANGO will have big problems as well:

I don't have much of an opinion on what they might achieve in terms of an install base. But my general opinion is this next console generation is going to fail. The infrastructure for retail sales is crumbling, console platform manufacturers are still wanting to control content and prices too much, and the shift to other platforms (of consumers and dev support) in the meantime has been significant (my reasoning is more nuanced, but those are the big ticket items).

Next Xbox and PS4 are also doomed omg111!!!!1!11

p3anut

There is a chance the hype those consoles are getting right now may not translate to high sales numbers at launch.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 super600  Moderator

The Wii U is in the awkward position between current and next-gen and that's clearly not enticing for western devs. With the Wii that wasn't much of a problem, but the Wii U hasn't proven itself a hit like its predecessor.

Nintendo already hit the panic button with their first-party last month, guess we'll just have to see if it pays off at year's end. The only other things they can really do is slash the price of the console and moneyhat devs left and right.

Slashkice

They are already doing that with Japanese devs.They just need ot extend that policy to western devs.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="Vambran"]

super600

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The dreamcast was weaker then both of those consoles by a lot.And the difference between the WiiU and 720/PS4 is in the single digit territory in terms of power(3X-6X) more powerful most likely.

its more than than 3x.Wii U has no chance against the other consoles when it comes to graphics.
runbleduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 runbleduck
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts
It was obvious. Wii-U barely received any 3rd party support when it was announced, and since then what little support it had quickly jumped ship. The Wii-U is a train wreck, plain and simple. Nintendo was so arrogant that they thought the Wii name alone would con many people into paying over 300 bucks for an extremely outdated hardware that's even less powerful than the cheaper 7 years old ps360. Nintendo's arrogance also made them not realize that the Wii brand was tarnished when they barely released any non-shovelware games in the past 3 years. The recent desperate attempt from Nintendo, where they announced games in development that are several years from completion, just cemented Wii-U's death; i.e., even with such arbitrary long timeline, it showed that Nintendo has too few games in development for the system.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Vambran"]

Tessellation

its more than than 3x.Wii U has no chance against the other consoles when it comes to graphics.

The power difference between both the WiiU and the other consoles is in the single digit territory anyway.It's up to the devs to port their games to the console

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 super600  Moderator

It was obvious. Wii-U barely received any 3rd party support when it was announced, and since then what little support it had quickly jumped ship. The Wii-U is a train wreck, plain and simple. Nintendo was so arrogant that they thought the Wii name alone would con many people into paying over 300 bucks for an extremely outdated hardware that's even less powerful than the cheaper 7 years old ps360. Nintendo's arrogance also made them not realize that the Wii brand was tarnished when they barely released any non-shovelware games in the past 3 years. The recent desperate attempt from Nintendo, where they announced games in development that are several years from completion, just cemented Wii-U's death; i.e., even with such arbitrary long timeline, it showed that Nintendo has too few games in development for the system. runbleduck

Even if the console eventually succeeds like the Wii you will be still crying about how ninty is doomed idiot so why should you be talking.And some of those games will most likely release this year.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

I would really hate to see Nintendo struggle again. They really are some of the very best game creators in the industry.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I don't see myself buying it honestly.

Maybe when I have kids I'll get it as a kid freindly system.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

[QUOTE="Vambran"]

super600

3rd parties don't seem to think so.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Vambran"]

fernandmondego_

Maybe because the console is designed in a weird way and they can't take advantage of the console's power.And they think it's another wii and they are not taking it serously as a console.

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 fernandmondego_

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Maybe because the console is designed in a weird way and they can't take advantage of the console's power.And they think it's another wii and they are not taking it serously as a console.

No, they seem to think it's just simply weak. The other two are rumored to have 8 gigs of ram, how is the Wii U suppose to run a game with that much of a difference in ram? Than there is the gimp cpu.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

The power difference between both the WiiU and the other consoles is in the single digit territory anyway.It's up to the devs to port their games to the console

If Wii U sales pick up probably there will be developers willing to downgrade their assets,but if things continue this way i really doubt it and if they do you're going to see the same game on wii u looking terrible compare to to the other consoles.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]3rd parties don't seem to think so.fernandmondego_

No, they seem to think it's just simply weak. The other two are rumored to have 8 gigs of ram, how is the Wii U suppose to run a game with that much of a difference in ram? Than there is the gimp cpu.

True. Games are a bit easier to downgrade when porting to the WiiU compared to the Wii. The thing that hurt the Wii was how it barely had any modern features

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Good

er

Bad

Don't care either way, wherever the games end up, that's where I'll be going

ITT - a bunch of consumers try to talk business

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fernandmondego_

super600

True. Games are a bit easier to downgrade when porting to the WiiU compared to the Wii. The thing that hurt the Wii was how it barely had any modern features

Probably not.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#77 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Theyll turn it around like they did with the 3DS. Iwata has super powers.

Shirokishi_
This. They usually get themselves out of it.
720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts
Well obviously. Who in their right mind would pay $350 for 7 year old hardware to play Mario.
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
Well obviously. Who in their right mind would pay $350 for 7 year old hardware to play Mario.720OwnsPS4
Nintendo fans.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Nintendo will release some Mario Games and everything will be fine. Can we please stop these threads?

PCgameruk
Just like the N64, Gamecube and Wii. On the flip side, Nintendo is wisely catering to the Japanese developers that have long abandoned Sony and Microsoft in favour of handhelds.
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]3rd parties don't seem to think so.fernandmondego_

This. The CPU is just craptacular. WiiU entire CPU is just BARELY ahead of ONE core in the Orbis/Durango CPU.  Could turnout to be weaker when final specs of the Orbis/Durango come out.  Just sad.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Tessellation

Kingpin0114

This. The CPU is just craptacular. WiiU entire CPU is just BARELY ahead of ONE core in the Orbis/Durango CPU.  Could turnout to be weaker when final specs of the Orbis/Durango come out.  Just sad.

Not even that,is based on 1997 tech.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Any negative Wii:U threads sure brings out the kids and dedicated Nintendo only fans.

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts

People arent gonna make the same mistake twice, alot of people bought the wii assuming all next gen systems typically have the same power and graphics performance, but only realized they dont when they witnessed the difference first hand.

On the other hand, Mario is a huge system seller, but its not even announced yet.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

One of the biggest cows on SW posting about yet another "Wii U is in trouble thread."

Okay.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
It's been three damn months. Jeez, everyone just LOVES to jump on the Nintendo DOOM wagon, don't they? It makes me question if that company really DOES have fans.nintendoboy16
same thing happened with the vita, what makes the wii u any different? Ontopic : If the past 3 generations havnt taught anyone anything, you dont buy a nintendo home console on the promise of 3rd party support.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#87 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

the same ones dont want to port crysis tomb raider gta5 even though the hardware is able to now....

these "developers" are in MS and sony's pocket... of course they don't care about the wiiU...

once the wiiU starts selling like it did at launch then more developers will jump on board.

KBFloYd

judging by the Wii which sold millions.

Developers can't give to bits about Nintendo, They see it as a Kid Company when it's obvious that's not true. Nintendo is trying it's hardest now to prove that is not true by bringing games like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to it's systems.

Project X and Bayonetta 2 are just some of the things Nintendo is doing. The big ruckus Nintendo made with Bayonetta 2 is prove that Gamers are also on the same mind set as well.

It'll probably take a game of Conker's Bad Fur Day from Nintendo to show everyone they're not just for Kids.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#88 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]It's been three damn months. Jeez, everyone just LOVES to jump on the Nintendo DOOM wagon, don't they? It makes me question if that company really DOES have fans.campzor
same thing happened with the vita, what makes the wii u any different?

Problem is, Vita is still in some s*** after a year now.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Well Nintendo issue is that they didn't drop something that people really wanted. Another mario? Zombii U? What they needed to do was drop something that looks like that new xenoblade game.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Nice "sources" you got there. People have been calling Nintendo's death since 1989.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Kingpin0114

Sure stopped the Wii from selling great...Oh wait..
Avatar image for deactivated-5b54f0e957ddc
deactivated-5b54f0e957ddc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5b54f0e957ddc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Nintendo consoles always seem attractive enough to warrant a purchase....however this is not the case for the wii u. I simply do not understand why it exists in the first place.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 super600  Moderator

Well Nintendo issue is that they didn't drop something that people really wanted. Another mario? Zombii U? What they needed to do was drop something that looks like that new xenoblade game.

GD1551

I agree.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#94 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

LegatoSkyheart

Developers can't give to bits about Nintendo, They see it as a Kid Company when it's obvious that's not true. Nintendo is trying it's hardest now to prove that is not true by bringing games like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to it's systems.

Project X and Bayonetta 2 are just some of the things Nintendo is doing. The big ruckus Nintendo made with Bayonetta 2 is prove that Gamers are also on the same mind set as well.

It'll probably take a game of Conker's Bad Fur Day from Nintendo to show everyone they're not just for Kids.

Times like these I really do wish the N64 days were back. When Nintendo still had Rare, no one (as in gamers) gave two s***'s that Nintendo published Perfect Dark, nor did they care that Conker was releasing on there either (despite NoA and NoE not being too big of fans of the latter, hell, Nintendo Power didn't bring that game up until MUCH later).

Heck, gamers took what they could get then with Acclaim's Turok being on there as well.

But when the GameCube came out, that's when people started to care that Nintendo was trying to get a "mature" audience. Eternal Darkness and Geist selling horribly and when Resident Evil 4 WAS a GameCube exclusive, that started a similar ruckus.

Let's not even get started on what OTHER third party series is and isn't ok on their systems (back then: GameCube was allowed to have the likes of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron and Soul Calibur II, these days, they're only allowed LEGO and Sonic)

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]No, they seem to think it's just simply weak. The other two are rumored to have 8 gigs of ram, how is the Wii U suppose to run a game with that much of a difference in ram? Than there is the gimp cpu. TheWalkingGhost

Sure stopped the Wii from selling great...Oh wait..

Oh yea all those sells really brought in great 3rd party support...oh wait....

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]It's been three damn months. Jeez, everyone just LOVES to jump on the Nintendo DOOM wagon, don't they? It makes me question if that company really DOES have fans.nintendoboy16
same thing happened with the vita, what makes the wii u any different?

Problem is, Vita is still in some s*** after a year now.

Ye, well we dont have a time machine to go into the future to know if the wii u is a hot item or not..so until then, it will get crucified, just like the vita.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
Nintendo is the reason nintendo is around. Third parties are non factories to most buying a Nintendo console. And with the Nintendo direct last month nintendo is primed and ready to come out this year guns a blazing.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
This should be a discussion called "The place for Nintendo haters to congregate". All I see is the same several posters constantly bombarding the SW's Topics with exactly the same comments. Its like a Copy & Paste job with a essence of Groundhog Day. Makes me wonder how pathetic these peoples lives really are if all that they do is come onto a discussion board to repeat themselves on a daily basis. Poor guys.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

LegatoSkyheart

I don't think it's a childrens system stigm. 3rd parties, mostly all western/PC developers have never liked working with Nintendo. All of this is back in the days of the NES, when Western developers claimed the Console industry dead and PC gaming is the way to go.

But when the NES came out, 3rd parties didn't want to put their games on an "inferior machine" despite some bad ports of games like Ultima made it on the NES. That stigma still lives on. Nintendo can only rely on Japanese 3rd parties now

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Oh the hypocrisy with the Nintendo fanboys in this thread, jumping on the Vita hate bandwagon claiming that it was doomed for a year straight, but then they are so quick to get annoyed when the Wii U gets some negativity.

These consoles still have plenty of time to succeed.  The Wii U will do just fine off of Nintendo first party games alone, it wont see Wii like success, but it will do well enough.  All these doom and gloom threads are incredibly annoying and boring to read and see on the 1st page in System Wars day after day, it's the same blind fanboy dribble over and over again.  I had to hear it when I got a PS3 in 2007, the 3DS in 2011, and then the Vita last year.  You can't judge these systems based off of their first couple months or their first year on the market, time will tell if these consoles will succeed or not.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.