Dev: MS and Sony are doomed, Ouya the future.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Mark who? Fire what? Seriously, who is this guy, lol.. Either way, I think that he's getting very far ahead of the times. Next gen will not be the coffin for consoles...
Avatar image for BlackoutGunshot
BlackoutGunshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 BlackoutGunshot
Member since 2011 • 358 Posts
Anybody discussing Ouya as a competitor to the next gen systems is out of their mind. That isn't at all what the system is trying to do.
ghidorah45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ghidorah45
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts
What a clown
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
DOOMMED I TELL YOU,DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

Wow, not much Ouya support here... Guess I'm one of the few supporters. I think Ouya has the chance to do some really great things for gaming, bring some really great game ideas to the console market that wouldn't normally make it there due to high dev costs. You don't need extremely powerful hardware to create new , original and fun games. To all the people criticizing the console as a "glorified Android platform" are being too close minded. Android isn't really restricting the hardware in any way. All Android does is make it easier for devs to create games because it creates a familar environment for many of them to code. On the other hand, MS and Sony are FAR from doomed. They still have the most powerful console hardware for games and have series that people will want to buy for years to come. The Ouya is not a threat to the other consoles, just a nice alternative. Just because I have a 360 or PS3 doesn't mean I can't enjoy a Dreamcast or N64 because they're less powerful consoles.

tl;dr: The Ouya is an alternative to Sony/MS consoles. The Ouya is not meant to compete with them, it's just a way for developers to create console games at an affordable cost and bring new and original ideas to the console market.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Ouya's a piece of shlt
PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

Wow, not much Ouya support here... Guess I'm one of the few supporters. I think Ouya has the chance to do some really great things for gaming, bring some really great game ideas to the console market that wouldn't normally make it there due to high dev costs. You don't need extremely powerful hardware to create new , original and fun games. To all the people criticizing the console as a "glorified Android platform" are being too close minded. Android isn't really restricting the hardware in any way. All Android does is make it easier for devs to create games because it creates a familar environment for many of them to code. On the other hand, MS and Sony are FAR from doomed. They still have the most powerful console hardware for games and have series that people will want to buy for years to come. The Ouya is not a threat to the other consoles, just a nice alternative. Just because I have a 360 or PS3 doesn't mean I can't enjoy a Dreamcast or N64 because they're less powerful consoles.

tl;dr: The Ouya is an alternative to Sony/MS consoles. The Ouya is not meant to compete with them, it's just a way for developers to create console games at an affordable cost and bring new and original ideas to the console market.

halo2_4_pc
Market penetration will be an issue though. You already have a plethora of Android tablets, Apple Devices and PCs to take advantage of. While the Ouya may be a Tegra 3 system, that makes it no more powerful than an Apple A5X chip or even modestly clocked AMD Bobcat APU. Why should consumers by an Ouya, when they already have the devices to run the games that could be made to run on the Ouya? It needs other capabilities at the forefront, and at an affordable price. Then the software for developers needs to be open but streamlined while still open to porting from other platforms with ease. To be honest, I think an AMD APU based system would've been a more intelligent solution, since the PC still is the king of independent development. It would cost more, but there would be plenty more processing power, and games already on PC (be them general indies or mainstream titles) could be specially optimized to run on the specific hardware. It would be a PC without the fancy WIndows interface yes, but it could be made cheap, especially when their is no costly Windows license involved and it could focus on data streaming as well as downloading when it comes to content. I would still want a sizeable harddrive though.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I love these threads, they're so fun to go back to after 5 or 10 years
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

PC is the past

Consoles are the present

Mobile is the future

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

pc is the future followed by ps4 cloud gaming

free_milk
LMAO!! Yeah ok. Let us know when you get back from Fantasy Land.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I'm all for a open system, but if it can be hacked and manipulated to a point where playing multplayer games online is flawed, what good will it be? There will be a lot of cheaters on Ouya that's for sure. The makers of it won't care at all. They will point you to the developers. They won't care as long as they are rolling in dough. If the hackers can hack the hardware, it also means they can hack the store where the games are stored. Eventually an app will be made where they can download all the games for FREE. Who will stop this? LOL!! Sure Ouya is the future. I don't think so.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

PC will always be superior

Consoles will always be lackluster a year or two after release

Mobile gaming is for casuals, children, and a small number of hardcore gamers

ZombieKiller7