Dev Confirms XSX Beast is only console able to have parity with PC. MONSTER!!!!!!

• 80 results
I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

The XSX is a MONSTER. It has been confirmed that the XSX is the only console that can keep pace with high end PC's

https://gamingbolt.com/scorn-is-an-xbox-series-x-console-exclusive-because-it-enables-parity-with-the-pc-version-of-the-game

Looks like PS5 just can't cut it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

Using Scorn as a benchmark. Next up is pong!

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7328 Posts

funny how they put this out right after the tech demo. no way this was at the level of tech demo though

scorn does look like a good game though. not dissing the game but come on now.

I bet they don't even have a ps5 dev kit yet. why would they if there making it just for pc and xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

You looking forward to mid gen refreshes?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58532 Posts

Parity can mean a lot of things in this context. I think what they mean is they can port Scorn to xbox with ease relative to PS5.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9902 Posts

Wow, that is dedication. He is not getting a nickel from MS for an exclusive release. It’s all about PC parity. Amazing. How very believable. He also can’t speak about a ps5 version. I suppose that also has nothing to do with any deal with MS.

This dude needs to work on his lying a bit 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

OOOF

Hermits and cows will be getting all emotional and shit HaH

A PS5 tech demo that will look and run better on pc and series x and confirmed,the series x rubbing shoulders with high end pc at a fraction of the cost

Bu bu bu....no buts it’s all there in black and white from a game dev

Fanboys HaH

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11707 Posts

I remember when Titanfall was too advanced to run on PS4... Good times.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

"We can’t discuss any info regarding PlayStation.”

There's that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever:

When you say parity you mean running the same games at lower speeds or lower pixels?

Or actually pixel per pixel frame per frame.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos

@bluestars:

Weren't you a few days ago a have it all gamer,and now you attack cows and hermits?

My kingtito not even that charade you can keep up.😂😂😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos

@fedor:

The best days those were,when a 40% gap in power could be close with a magic api and the power of the cloud.

When parity would be achieve magically after the latest dev kit update arrive.

When some fanboys could not tell the difference between 720p and 1080p because they seat half a block from their TV.

Those were the good old days.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12392 Posts

So I guess the game won't run on the Xbox Series S, right? lol

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7328 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

So I guess the game won't run on the Xbox Series S, right? lol

wow good one lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56439 Posts

Good for XSX I supposed. I'm interested in seeing what Scorn actually is and it will be free"on Game Pass, so it can be a hit or miss...I'll play it on my PC.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The XSX is a MONSTER. It has been confirmed that the XSX is the only console that can keep pace with high end PC's

https://gamingbolt.com/scorn-is-an-xbox-series-x-console-exclusive-because-it-enables-parity-with-the-pc-version-of-the-game

Looks like PS5 just can't cut it.

Relax dude, I'm sure you'll be a fan of whatever piece of plastic mom and dad buy you for the holidays.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:

@bluestars:

Weren't you a few days ago a have it all gamer,and now you attack cows and hermits?

My kingtito not even that charade you can keep up.😂😂😂

@tormentos said:

@fedor:

The best days those were,when a 40% gap in power could be close with a magic api and the power of the cloud.

When parity would be achieve magically after the latest dev kit update arrive.

When some fanboys could not tell the difference between 720p and 1080p because they seat half a block from their TV.

Those were the good old days.

Looks like PS5 can't run Scorn at a locked native 4k and 60fps

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#18  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17919 Posts

You mean keep up with mid range PCs... Because that is what it will be doing when it launches and is compared to the new GPUs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39834 Posts

What a monster.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_own_u_4ever

@BassMan said:

You mean keep up with mid range PCs... Because that is what it will be doing when it launches and is compared to the new GPUs.

So this basically means the PS5 is a low end system in comparison.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BassMan  Online

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@BassMan said:

They will both be good for a while. They are not going to be shit like this current gen was since launch.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever:

Well you are a lemming you believed DX12 would close a 40% gap so yeah it's easy to see why you believe what you just claimed.😂

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@i_own_u_4ever said:

There isn't enough of a disparity between the SX and PS5 for one to be a tier above the other. 17% difference in GPU is the same tier usually. SX will be upper mid-range and PS5 will be mid-range when the new cards roll out.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@BassMan said:

The new GPU's which PC gamers won't own. As always it's absolutely hilarious that people talk about games on PC as though every PC gamer has the absolute best high end PC available.

HUGE lolz to that shit.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fedor

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

The new GPU's which PC gamers won't own. As always it's absolutely hilarious that people talk about games on PC as though every PC gamer has the absolute best high end PC available.

HUGE lolz to that shit.

I'll own one, that's all that matters. You also won't even need the absolute best to easily eclipse the consoles, a 3070 tier GPU will do that just fine.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BassMan  Online

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

HUGE lolz to that shit.

Not sure what your point is. 0% of console gamers own a PS5 or XSX. There are plenty of capable gaming PCs out there and games can scale to your hardware. The upcoming GPUs will make next-gen console level of performance very affordable to the masses. If people want better quality than the consoles, there are options available. Each person buys what they want or can afford.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Parity can mean a lot of things in this context. I think what they mean is they can port Scorn to xbox with ease relative to PS5.

If that's the case, I wonder why. The move of both platforms to more standard x86 hardware should allow for fairly easy ports to and from PC for each.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

HUGE lolz to that shit.

Not sure what your point is. Each person buys what they want or can afford. There are plenty of capable gaming PCs out there and games can scale to your hardware.

The point is you're comparing next gen consoles to hardware that PC gamers simply will not own. Mid range PC's won't even touch PS5 or Series X when they are launched. Some high end PC's will struggle and will cost three times as much.

What are you going to do when you can no longer claim to be ill at the lack of 60fps on next gen consoles? This is your whole reason to exist. I predict you will need counselling. Let us know how it all works out.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

HUGE lolz to that shit.

Not sure what your point is. Each person buys what they want or can afford. There are plenty of capable gaming PCs out there and games can scale to your hardware.

The point is you're comparing next gen consoles to hardware that PC gamers simply will not own. Mid range PC's won't even touch PS5 or Series X when they are launched.

New GPU's rumored September,

Next gen consoles rumored : November.

People will have the new GPU's more likely than before the new consoles because just like consoles there's people who upgrade their GPU everytime there's a new version.

Even Mark Cerny during the spec reveal said to expect an equivalent AMD card for PC around the same time, as they worked together.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61536 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@blueinheaven said:

The point is you're comparing next gen consoles to hardware that PC gamers simply will not own. Mid range PC's won't even touch PS5 or Series X when they are launched.

People will have the new GPU's more likely than before the new consoles because just like consoles there's people who upgrade their GPU everytime there's a new version.

Even Mark Cerny during the spec reveal said to expect an equivalent AMD card for PC around the same time, as they worked together.

If the PC jump is sufficiently above my 2080, i'll be building my new PC. I've said it in another thread, but my savings are ready to go.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan  Online

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

HUGE lolz to that shit.

The point is you're comparing next gen consoles to hardware that PC gamers simply will not own. Mid range PC's won't even touch PS5 or Series X when they are launched. Some high end PC's will struggle and will cost three times as much.

What are you going to do when you can no longer claim to be ill at the lack of 60fps on next gen consoles? This is your whole reason to exist. I predict you will need counselling. Let us know how it all works out.

Pull your head out of your ass and compare the hardware available at the time of launch. 0% of console gamers currently own a PS5 or X1X. So, why are you trying to compare what is mid-range now on the PC side? With new PC GPUs coming out, The XSX and PS5 will be mid-tier performance at the time of launch. Many people already have capable CPUs and SSDs and will only need to buy an affordable GPU to match the next-gen consoles. If their system as a whole is not up to snuff, they will be able to upgrade as needed. PC hardware performance keeps increasing and you are able to get the same level of performance at a cheaper price when new hardware hits.

As for what I am going to do... I will be enjoying my superior PC hardware and be happy that console gamers will not be suffering 30fps. :) I will also buy a PS5 for exclusives.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor

@lundy86_4 said:
@npiet1 said:
@blueinheaven said:

If the PC jump is sufficiently above my 2080, i'll be building my new PC. I've said it in another thread, but my savings are ready to go.

Rumors are 3080TI 50% performance bump over 2080TI with other improvements. Big Navi 18-20 TFLOP 16GB HBM2. If these end up being true I personally won't be able to say no to purchasing a new GPU.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@gifford38: You're right....because the tech demo is not a game. It took a team six months to make a 5 minute demo which ran at 1440p 30fps. It's nowhere near the level of any game out there.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61536 Posts

@fedor said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@npiet1 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Rumors are 3080TI 50% performance bump over 2080TI with other improvements. Big Navi 18-20 TFLOP 16GB HBM2. If these end up being true I personally won't be able to say no to purchasing a new GPU.

I'm hoping the rumours are true, but i'm erring on the side of caution. If true, i'm going new build and putting my i7-7700k/2080 in the bedroom... Which would be nice laying in bed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58532 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

If that's the case, I wonder why. The move of both platforms to more standard x86 hardware should allow for fairly easy ports to and from PC for each.

It was just a guess on my part; Xbox is Microsoft, so is Windows....I would reckon their is a lot more overlap between Xbox and Windows than there is between PS4 and Windows.

TBH I wish they would just get over themselves, stop with the exclusivity bullshit, and get on board with the cross-play.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

It was just a guess on my part; Xbox is Microsoft, so is Windows....I would reckon their is a lot more overlap between Xbox and Windows than there is between PS4 and Windows.

TBH I wish they would just get over themselves, stop with the exclusivity bullshit, and get on board with the cross-play.

Oh, duh. I forgot that the PS4 used a FreeBSD fork for it's OS. Good point.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@fedor said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@npiet1 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Really hoping its true, I'm hoping to upgrade to at least a 3080 from my 1060. the 2000 series doesn't warrant the upgrade.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2313 Posts

Xbox series X wont be "high end" a year or so after it's release. It also doesn't offer the freedom of PC like mods for example. It will never beat PC for that reason

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

There is a difference between having multiple gaming systems and being a hermit or a cow,one is a real gamer the other is a fanboy emotionally attached to one system and should be mocked

HaH

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

Lol. I like how you brag about having a console that is close to medium range PCs. And totally shit on the slightly worse console.

You console gamers are a funny bunch.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Just give up with your silly threads!!!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos

@sealionact:

Please stop it took a team on a engine that is not even finish it self 6 months,the time the demo took and how it was wasn't because of the PS5 power or difficulty of development no matter how hard you try to push that shit,that demo is from an unfinish emgine,the engine is what is use to actually make games.

So if the engine it self is unfinish it sure would take more time to develop any demo.

That demo on Xbox would have take the same time and would have run on the same settings with a few more frames,that's about it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos

@bluestars:

There is a difference between been unbiased and pretending to be unbiased kingtito,the only reason why you are on this account if because you try for so long to damage control having 40% less power that now you simply can't hype 18% more power with your other account.😂😂

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: Lamest alt in awhile.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@fedor said:

I remember when Titanfall was too advanced to run on PS4... Good times.

Yeah, that's hilarious. And yet, the sequel ran just fine with MP, didn't it?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Well you are a lemming you believed DX12 would close a 40% gap so yeah it's easy to see why you believe what you just claimed.😂

Most games were 1080p the second half of this gen on Xbox One. So DX12 did help some. But honestly most devs are just now starting to get off of DX11.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_own_u_4ever

With the PS5 having a weak 9.2 tflop OC 36cu GPU it's going to struggle to have full native 4K at 60fps with full RT. Developers are going to have to choose wisely what they want on PS5. full native 4k low level RT or high level RT with 4k checkerboard variable 1440p.

Sony clearly designed the PS5 to be more of a variable resolution checkerboard machine.

Meanwhile MS clearly designed the XSX Beast to be a full blown native 4k 60fps with high end full RT all running together.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

A 2080 TI cannot do this, you are so clueless.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9439 Posts

Oh it's going to push games at 165Hz and support my g-sync display?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@tormentos: I have no idea what you are trying to say, nor what part of my thread you're arguing with...