Destiny will have less content than a solo rpg

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I was so hyped for this game and now it seems like you'll run out of things to do in under a week. So it looks like those who've tried the beta and were on Moon explored half the explorable zones being in the full game (yes im aware that not everything was opened but still, you've seen the large majority of that planet's explorable area). F.a.w.k.i.n.g disappointed and my fears for this game became reality. This is an mmo, mmo smaller than Borderlands 1 :(. Still buying but god damn did this destroyed my hype lol.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Oh well.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

yeah id say leave rpgs and mmos like that for the PC.

never was interested in an RPG shooter anyway. THey shouldve just made another Halo type of game but a new franchise that would be multiplatform.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I wonder how long it'll take me to get through those missions. Didn't take that long for Old Russia.

There's still extra stuff to do in "explore" mode though.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Destiny RPG?? that new to me

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_
@system-reboot said:

its an mmo that is smaller than a lot of solo rpg's, sadly

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

Im still not sure what kind of game it is, but i really enjoyed what ive played so far.

Im a little worried that the single player part will be limited after a certain point as they encourage multiplayer.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I liked what I played. I could care less what you want to call it or classify it as. It was fun for me, that's all I care about.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Yeah, there is going to be a ton of redoing the same shit in 4 limited areas. Not the bill of goods we were lead to believe. Here, from GAF:

From Bungie.net and Destinydb

All right guys, I have been waiting to post this, but last night DeeJ (Bungie) confirmed, that there will be 1 explorable location per planet and this basically also confirmed, that the following source is realible:

http://destinydb.info/activities

I browsed this website a lot and realized how endgame content is going to work. To sum it up:

Before you read on: this may or may not be how the final product is going to look like. It is just a speculation based on the website mentioned above. I do not want to convince you about anything, but I'm sure if you browse that site you will come to a similar conclusion.

Beware, this may contain spoilers!!!

- 4 explorable locations (Earth, Moon, Mars, Venus)

- 6 strikes (1 Earth, 1 Moon, 2 Mars, 2 Venus. However one of the Mars strike is PS exclusive.)

- 1 raid (The Vault of Glass)

- 16 pvp maps

It's already been told, that we are going to hit lvl 20 quickly. So what happens after this?

We are going to have the possibility to run a random strike (accessible from the orbit) on a higher level:

-lvl18

-lvl20

-lvl22

-lvl24

For example the Devil's Lair is going to be there on those difficulties.

But how can you achieve a level over 20? It is well documented, that you can get to lvl 20 by collecting XP. In order to gain additional levels, you need to obtain gear with "light stat" . Light gives you additional level.

So, what you are going to do, when you hit 20? You will go to lvl 20 strikes to get gear with light. I suspect, that the strikes and rewards will be scaled, so that you have to spend a lot of time on a level in order to get access to the next one.

What happens, when you hit lvl 24 and finished farming all the high level strikes? You go to weekly strikes

This means, that every week there is going to be a strike on an even higher level.

-lvl24

-lvl26

-lvl28

For example Devil's Lair is going to be this strike from 09.sept. - 16.sept. And so on. This mode is called: Nightfall

After you cleared all the weekly strikes you go to the Vault of Glass. It will be on lvl27, lvl31 and lvl31.

EDIT:

I also found something called "Activity Power" associated to every activity on that website. I think it's the true scale of difficulty of each activity. For example:

lvl 8 - Devil's Lair = Activity Power 0,37

lvl 20 - Devil's Lair = Activity Power 8

lvl 24 - Devil's Lair = Activity Power 53

lvl 28 - Devil's Lair = Activity Power 98

lvl 31 - Vault of Glass = Activity Power 132

This will take time Guardians!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Despite the flavoursome title of the thread it is kind of disappointing to hear how small it's going to be, especially with what the devs had talked about when it was announced.

Sure all those areas have extra difficulty modes and loot to find but that's all filler, tedious type stuff that doesn't appeal to me personally.

I did enjoy the beta and became somewhat addicted to the PvP but it doesn't sound like a lot of content, especially when most missions are the exact same layout and type. Hope I'm wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

It was underwhelming all round... a great idea, I don't think they managed to hit any high note though.

But then I played the alpha not the beta.

boring slow Halo like shooting, mixed with heavy grinding, boring universe and story, and the same old multiplayer experience.... a mish mash of mediocrity.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By silversix_

What i don't understand is how hard was it to create 20+ strikes? All they truly are is an explorable area that is already available and built, filled with enemies and a boss at the end. How the f*ck is it that xbone/360's getting only 5 strikes (more like 4 since we've all spammed enough Devil's Lair to ignore it for the most part in the full release)? I bet activision made Bungie remove 35-50% of their game's content to sell as DLC.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And now we see Activision's true form coming into existence.

I wonder how much DLC there is going to be?

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ironcreed

I actually think I'll wait for the GOTY edition and move my pre-order over to Far Cry 4. What is funny, that it is guaranteed to be much larger and will have way more to do. And it just takes place in the Himalayan Mountains, whereas, Destiny was supposed to make me feel like I am exploring the solar system based on what we were told. 1 hub each on only 4 planets? Beings I hated the PVP, it would not take long at all for me to burn through this game.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

yeah id say leave rpgs and mmos like that for the PC.

never was interested in an RPG shooter anyway. THey shouldve just made another Halo type of game but a new franchise that would be multiplatform.

And this game would be great on PC, too.

What a waste lol.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@system-reboot said:

its an mmo that is smaller than a lot of solo rpg's, sadly

Ofc it is smaller when they keep the rest of the game for DLC you have to pay extra for during the years until Destiny 2

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_
Loading Video...

Just fund this. Look at how they're lying and say you can go anywhere when you clearly can't-.-

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

System Wars, you've been Molyneux'd.

Think I'll wait for the goatee edition if I do get this at all.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ironcreed

@silversix_: Exactly. I had forgotten all about this until it was mentioned over on GAF. They also said that we could fly through the rings of Saturn, among other things. But what do have have instead? We can only see our ships on loading screens.

I am not going to lie, what is in the beta has been very addictive. But to find out that this is the only area on Earth and that there will only be 3 other areas that are structured the same way really took the wind out of my sails.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#21 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Yeah I wasn't expecting much with Destiny. It didn't look like they were going to include that much to begin with because of the structure of the game. I think it is dependent on the fact that is also an fps.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#22 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

And that's why I'm not buying it.

Question though, would you pay a subscription fee if it provided new content in monthly patches? (So you don't have to pay for DLC)

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

Tons i bet. The sequel's already planned, so i believe there'll lots of content they'll keep adding in an mmo fashion, but charge money for it like DLC.

Man, i haven't played it yet, and it keeps getting worse and worse news about the game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

I liked what I played. I could care less what you want to call it or classify it as. It was fun for me, that's all I care about.

Amen. I dont care. I had fun, and would easily play through the missions I did in Beta again on higher levels. Looking forward to it. I paid $60 for Heavy Rain, I can do it for this.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

It's so weird how people jump to conclusions before even knowing what's up. Also, how much do you expect to get for $60?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_

@bbkkristian: i wouldn't pay a monthly fee for any game ever. Its 2014 god damn. This is how it should've been done and this is nothing new cuz its been done before (guild wars 1 and PSO as examples). Release a humongus game (they had the budget, team AND time so no excuse here), if its quality it'll sell and make a lot of fans that would instantly want expansions in the future (notice i say expansions and not 45 minutes DLC for $10 bullshit). Expansions sell because there's a lot of people in love with the game, bam everyone is a winner! gamers are happy because they have a lot of quality content and devs make shitload of money because a lot of ppl are buying/playing their game. Now if this is true and there's only 4 explorable areas i can guarantee a lot of people will be very disappointed and may quit before the first expansion comes out. F*ck im disappointed...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

cancelled my preorder a couple weeks ago

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

A question. Are strikes like a kill or fetch quest in normal mmos, expect you take them on the hubs? So, you go to one of those areas and do them?

If so,what else is there to do in the areas besides explore?

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

My only, only Problem while playing the Beta, Bungie has yet to discuss if my Stats, Weapons, and Armor will carry-over tot he main game and I have been playing the Warlock, I'm already Lv9 but I just feel like everything I did was a waste. I really enjoy the Beta so far but the Moon part was a one play and I barley had time to look around but the battle was intents. While flying from Planets may seem limited, but Bungie sais that more DLC is on the way which will add more Planets like Saturn, and the Ice Dwarf Pluto. Again Destiny Beta was fun playing on my PS4, just wish Bungie come clean with this everything you did will carry-over to main game ASAP cause I feels like everything I did was a joke and I really don't feel like starting a Warlock Lv1 again.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Lame

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's so weird how people jump to conclusions before even knowing what's up. Also, how much do you expect to get for $60?

More than one explorable area per planet. How the **** earth has only Old Russia? Where's the rest? Oh yeah coming soon in a $10 DLC near you...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ironcreed

If we had fully explorable environments like they hinted at, then I would be feeling much differently about there being only 4 areas. I'm talking fully open and filled with side quests, more loot to find, NPCs to meet, small settlements, etc. Hell, even Borderlands features way more based on what we are hearing. The gameplay is fun as hell, but it is just looking to be way too stripped down and repetitive on the whole. But I am sure that the plans for the season pass plays in to this to a degree.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I am less incline to pick it up.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@silversix_ said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

More than one explorable area per planet. How the **** earth has only Old Russia? Where's the rest? Oh yeah coming soon in a $10 DLC near you...

So let's say the main missions give you about 20 hours of gameplay and then you're left with competitive multiplayer to play all the time. Is $60 fair in that case?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

What a shame

Seems like, if you don't have co-op buddies who want to do the same things over and over with you you'll be done with this game before you know it.

But that doesn't matter, Activision and Bungie have already planned expansions and sequels for us so we can pay more before we get bored :)

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

This is the new CoD for activision...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_

@SolidGame_basic said:

@silversix_ said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

So let's say the main missions give you about 20 hours of gameplay and then you're left with competitive multiplayer to play all the time. Is $60 fair in that case?

Have you played the alpha/beta? Missions are extremely easy and quick. It'll be nowhere near 20h campaign and if you're playing in co-op (as you should) it'll be even easier... Now i know what you're trying to say and compare this to other shooters to justify Destiny's very limited content but you can't because this is an mmo. Compare it to that, not 10h shooters with multiplayer. It should keep you busy until an expansion comes 6 months later and with only 4 zones to explore good luck with that.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidGame_basic

@silversix_ said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@silversix_ said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Have you played the alpha/beta? Missions are extremely easy and quick. It'll be nowhere near 20h campaign and if you're playing in co-op (as you should) it'll be even easier... Now i know what you're trying to say and compare this to other shooters to justify Destiny's very limited content but you can't because this is an mmo. Compare it to that, not 10h shooters with multiplayer. It should keep you busy until an expansion comes 6 months later and with only 4 zones to explore good luck with that.

"The game's style has been described as a first-person shooter that will incorporate massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game.[9] Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter,"[10] as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game." - Wikipedia

I got the sense this was more on the shooter side. I really liked the beta, but do admit that I was playing mostly competitive multiplayer.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Activision?

Over promising and under delivering is a Bungie staple. This is what they do.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_

@SolidGame_basic: oh come on its an mmo. Bungie not saying its one is only for marketing reasons. Do mmo's sell on consoles? no. They want the halo/CoD/BF dudebro crowd and you can be 1000000% certain that those aren't joining an mmo because mmo=fat nerd playing WoW to those. Its actually smart of bungie/activision i'd do the same if i was them.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

This. Already laid out $90 on the Digital Guardian Edition.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

NO BUY!!!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

they didn't even open up the entire zones for what you could play as in the beta. They had several closed off zone on earth, the moon, and the tower. Aside from MP maps, we never got to see Venus, Mars, or any of the other confirmed locations:

Europa - Jupiter's Moon

The Cassini - Derelict Ship orbiting Saturn

The Reef - location in Space controlled by Awoken loyal to themselves

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Disappointing really. It's just as I feared. I can't believe Old Russia is supposed to be the entire Earth. What happened to exploring other cities? Having only Venus and Earth as planets to explore is also pretty disappointing. Considering I hate the PvP mode I was buying this game on the promise that we'd get to explore the entire solar system. This sucks, I guess they plan to sell the rest of the content as DLC, fucking Activision!

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BldgIrsh

@silversix_ said:
Loading Video...

Just fund this. Look at how they're lying and say you can go anywhere when you clearly can't-.-

Was just about to link this... who knew that dev's would lie to hype their games!

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@system-reboot said:

its an mmo

Meh. A semi large hub doesn't make a game a real MMO. It's like guild wars 1, hellgate, or borderlands 2.

IF Destiny really is an MMO, then about a 100 or so co-op games just became MMOs.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BldgIrsh

http://www.twitch.tv/2old2play/b/551599375

1:49.30 for any non believers.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By silversix_

@RoboCopISJesus: Borderlands 2 wasn't one. There's not hub where you see random peeps running around nor do you see anyone in the open world. GW1 tho, yes it was a mini mmo and a solid one at that.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

http://www.twitch.tv/2old2play/b/551599375

1:49.30 for any non believers.

Wow, just wow. This has just killed my hype for this game lol.