Destiny: PS4 exclusive content? Sony caught lying

• 108 results
#51 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Wow and some fanboys here had the nerve to say that with DLC Sony at least gets unique content. Now it turns out that Microsoft was flat out honest that for example Dragon Age Inquisition DLC will appear on Xbox platforms first whereas Sony blatantly lied.

#52 Edited by B4X (3406 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

Haven't you learned from the PS2 Toy Story graphics BS to never trust them?

The ps3 1080p 120fps BS....They lie constantly and throw jabs that have Zero merit at the competition.

They're slimy, always have been.

how is that cloud and the power of 10 xbox 360 going for the xbone?

Let me know if something happens?

You think I fell for that BS. If I don't see something in action. It's BS.

Derp

does it matter if you believe it? it was a microsoft statement that was bs too, they still try to throw the "cloud powa (tm)" once in a while to hype lems.

Are you saying they can't do it?

well then where is the power of 10 xbox 360s?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-14-xbox-one-has-power-of-10-xbox-360-consoles-says-microsoft

i loled.

I'm starting to feel violated now :(

#53 Posted by sailor232 (4356 posts) -

Well apparently Japan had Giant enemy crabs with MASSIVE weak spots.

#54 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

perhaps he was referring to the 1080p 60fps. I mean you know you can't get that shit on the Xbox One/10

xD

#55 Posted by Krelian-co (10244 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

The ps3 1080p 120fps BS....They lie constantly and throw jabs that have Zero merit at the competition.

how is that cloud and the power of 10 xbox 360 going for the xbone?

Let me know if something happens?

You think I fell for that BS. If I don't see something in action. It's BS.

Derp

does it matter if you believe it? it was a microsoft statement that was bs too, they still try to throw the "cloud powa (tm)" once in a while to hype lems.

Are you saying they can't do it?

well then where is the power of 10 xbox 360s?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-14-xbox-one-has-power-of-10-xbox-360-consoles-says-microsoft

i loled.

I'm starting to feel violated now :(

shhhhhhhhhhh it'll be over soon.

#56 Edited by OhSnapitz (18031 posts) -

*Gsap!*

MicroSony..

#57 Posted by RR360DD (11525 posts) -

I guess its okay since its sony doing it.

LOL

#58 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

perhaps he was referring to the 1080p 60fps. I mean you know you can't get that shit on the Xbox One/10

xD

rekt

#59 Edited by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

Sony are liars, they always have and always will be. Never trust Sony.

#60 Posted by GamersJustGame (185 posts) -

@Scipio8: This is a shame. Sony should say "Get these features first on PS4" instead of get these extra features exclusively on PS4.

But this brings me to may next point. Anyone else pissed that these gaming companies do this? We are all paying $60. We should get the whole damn thing period. No feature, mission, content ect should be with held from the gamers!!!

Microsoft and Sony and all the developers need to quit this bullshit.

#61 Posted by delta3074 (17802 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Did MS get away with it? No, will Sony? Yes.

Victim card already? Didn't the 360 dominate the HD console market til 2010? MS did get away with it. What is with ya'll today? Are you living in some Days of Future Past bizzaro reality?

No they didn't. hes talking about peoples reaction here on GS not in the real world and ever since MS entered the Market SONY drones on here have done nothing but Smack talk everything MS has done.

Microsoft was heavily slagged off on here for the very fact that paid DLC existed in the first place, everybody blamed it on them.

It was quite pleasant to watch Cows shut there big gobs when SONY started charging for online play on the PS4.

#62 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3662 posts) -

yeah ms never lies about this kind of stuff *cought* gta 4 dlc *cough*

#63 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

At least Microsoft where up front, only saying exclusive when it was actually exclusive. They used the term coming to Xbox first when it was timed exclusive.

Shame on Sony. There conference was very shady.

#64 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3962 posts) -

lol, Sony caught doing their normal shit.

This is quite a big deal that'll no doubt get played down, because all the cows were excited about this shit based on Sony's Bungie nut hugging. Already the cows are getting defensive with the 'bu bu bu MS does it too'. bu bu bu cows told us that their heavenly Sony was above this.

#65 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -

buthurt corner

#66 Posted by scatteh316 (4805 posts) -

@b4x said:

@santoron said:

@b4x said:

@santoron: I have more Sony lies to go with that wall I just put up. Give me a min.

Why? Are you so into your Xbox fetish you've convinced yourself that MS is somehow a "good" company and Sony is "evil"?

And if - sad as that may be - is the case, do you really think you're going to convince other people to go along with your weird sick delusions?

Get a life. Both are multinational corporations that want one thing: your money. They could give a rat's ass about your fawning adoration, or delusional hate.

Get a life? You're replying to me dude. :p

I just posted that so these delusional fud spreading cows know they have Zero legs to stand on.

No they just have 7 million+ PS4's to stand on..... Which results in a much higher height then Lems have with Xbone..

#67 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3740 posts) -

Did he say they were permanent exclusives? I heard "first or better" on the PS4 and Destiny can be either/or.

Sounds like Scipio8 is butthurt that Phil failed to bring the megatons and MS blew another E3.

#68 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@Cheleman: it was already announced to be 1080p/60fps on THE ONE. Try and keep up.

#69 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

This board is filled with topics about Sony lying at E3. So sad people think they won based on lies.

#70 Posted by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

Did he say they were permanent exclusives? I heard "first or better" on the PS4 and Destiny can be either/or.

Sounds like Scipio8 is butthurt that Phil failed to bring the megatons and MS blew another E3.

Guess you did not watch the Sony presser or have short term memory, here

#71 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27328 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

These companies jobs is to sell s*** to us

Word.

#72 Posted by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Word.

By an means necessary which includes lying, misinformation and deception. Yes wordup indeed brah!

#73 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3740 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I did. 90 minutes of solid gaming with exclusives out in the near-future and multiplats I care about. Far better than MS' "P-please buy our console!!!" and CGI trailers for 2016 games.

#74 Posted by Sollet (7304 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

Word.

By an means necessary which includes lying, misinformation and deception. Yes wordup indeed brah!

You must be new to earth.

#75 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I did. 90 minutes of solid gaming with exclusives out in the near-future and multiplats I care about. Far better than MS' "P-please buy our console!!!" and CGI trailers for 2016 games.

No you didn't. Sony got over 90 minutes and had about 120 minutes. How they managed that i dont know. They must of used their last couple thousand $$$ to bribe someone for more stage time.

If you actually watched Microsofts show, you would see it was much more organized. Not devoted to indies and lying.

#76 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3740 posts) -

@Cheleman: it was already announced to be 1080p/60fps on THE ONE. Try and keep up.

I got bad news for you, Justin. Can't wait for the lower ambient occusion, weaker shadowing, worse jaggies and crappier framerate on the Bone.

Nintendo won E3. MS barely did better than EA. That's just tragic.

#77 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I got bad news for you, Justin. Can't wait for the lower ambient occusion, weaker shadowing, worse jaggies and crappier framerate on the Bone.

Shit muh fuker, before the SDK update The ONE's 792p looked better than Sony's 1080p. now 1080p on The ONE is only going to get better too. Thanks for your input though Adam.

#78 Edited by Krelian-co (10244 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Shit muh fuker, before the SDK update The ONE's 792p looked better than Sony's 1080p.

lol delusion at it's best

#79 Posted by Sollet (7304 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Shit muh fuker, before the SDK update The ONE's 792p looked better than Sony's 1080p. now 1080p on The ONE is only going to get better too. Thanks for your input though Adam.

Weak hardware will always be weak, what MS are doing now is like polishing a turd.

#80 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Shit muh fuker, before the SDK update The ONE's 792p looked better than Sony's 1080p.

lol delusion at it's best

#81 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Weak hardware will always be weak, what MS are doing now is like polishing a turd.

What they are doing now is scaring the shit out of Sony fanboys. Microsoft is growing an improving the console by leaps and bounds and the PS3.5 is just holding its course. Stay jelly Solly.

#82 Posted by lamprey263 (22823 posts) -

It's quite simple, cows love being pandered to, even if it is lip service. And that makes a big difference in sales.

#83 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3740 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached Peak Justin.

No you didn't. Sony got over 90 minutes and had about 120 minutes. How they managed that i dont know. They must of used their last couple thousand $$$ to bribe someone for more stage time.

If you actually watched Microsofts show, you would see it was much more organized. Not devoted to indies and lying.

90 minutes of solid gaming and 20 minutes of multimedia guff. Fantastic that even with that they still gave Phil's goons a good slap.

Whatever happened to that Phil Spencer cult? It suddenly disappeared on Monday.

#84 Edited by Sollet (7304 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sollet said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

What they are doing now is scaring the shit out of Sony fanboys. Microsoft is growing an improving the console by leaps and bounds and the PS3.5 is just holding its course. Stay jelly Solly.

And you don't think Sony is doing the very same thing MS is doing (Improving)?

Haha ooookay what ever makes you sleep at night.

#85 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6066 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached Peak Justin.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

90 minutes of solid gaming and 20 minutes of multimedia guff. Fantastic that even with that they still gave Phil's goons a good slap.

Whatever happened to that Phil Spencer cult? It suddenly disappeared on Monday.

LOL, those pics are everywhere and funny how The One version keeps getting worse due to people tampering with it. Nice try though. It was already declared by several sites that the Xbox version looks better.

#86 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3740 posts) -

LOL, those pics are everywhere and funny how The One version keeps getting worse due to people tampering with it. Nice try though. It was already declared by several sites that the Xbox version looks better.

Not tampered. Taken straight off Digital Foundry. Sorry, Justin.

"Declared" using several pre-release compressed JPGs. Funny how that drops away when the game is released. Sort of like how the Phil Spencer Cult disappeared after E3.

#87 Edited by blackace (20058 posts) -

@b4x said:

I remember that. Hilarious. Pixar type graphics, 4 USB ports, 120fps. lmao!! Sony has always lied about many, many things, yet gamers continue to kiss their @$$. These are just some of the reasons I don't care for their corporation and why karma started beating at their door with billions is loses and their divisions going under. Microsoft has done it too with the Kinect must be connected BS and always online crap as well. All big named corporations will lie to consumers to try and get them on their side and home no one sees the lies. This is a fact.

@SolidTy said:

Word.

Yes, by any means necessary. lol!!

If you have to lie, con and slam the competition to get the customer to open their wallets for you, by all means, do it. lol!!

#88 Posted by MBirdy88 (7438 posts) -

Chances are there'll be like 8 people playing Destiny when the game comes out. I was watching the Alpha on Twitch and it looks boring as shit.

Its and mmo shooter... it will do amazing wether you think its "boring as shit" or not. considering it had solid gameplay, pve and pvp..

#89 Posted by cantloginnow (96 posts) -

Doesnt surprise me.Sony has a long history of bullshit.

#90 Posted by delta3074 (17802 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

This reminds me of when Evolve's first trailers popped up online a few months ago. Various channels were sent the EVOLVE game trailer to be promoted. This is the days we live in with modern PR.

They were the same exact Evolve Trailers on various channels, but one channel (xbox) deliberately changed the ending of the trailer adding an extra few seconds to claim, "Only On Xbox One" (Starts at 2:28-2:32) at the end of the video! People were up in arms as M$ channel was claiming (a lie) that the multiplatform game Evolve was only for Xbone, but I just chalked it up to marketing and PR. If companies can get away with spin, why not continue (that's the mentality at least). What are you going to do? Is anyone really watching all these marketing PR moves by all companies and fairly trying to to tally them all up? No one is, so when I see anecdotal things about X company and Y company, and "King of Lies" super-fanbot statements...gimme a break. This is the reality we live in and it's only going to get worse and old PR guys retire and new hungry PR guys take over bouncing around between companies.

These companies jobs is to sell s*** to us, plain and simple which is why I watch PR with a scrutinizing eye.

/thread.

This is also an M$ move but lems love playing the victim card so they'll ignore it.

So the fact that Cows cussed lems over MS timed exclusive DLC for the whole 7th generation doesn't factor here right?

so you are saying SONY fanboys where playing the victim card all generation 7 right?

According to SONY drone likes yourself last gen Timed DLC was very bad and microsoft was ruining the games industry with timed DLC.

So now the shoes on the other foot because lems are doing EXACTLY what Cows did last gen you don't like it?

Paybacks a B**** ain't it.

If it was bad for MS to do it, it's bad for SONY to do the same end of.

Both lems AND cows are huge hypocrites.

It's OK to pay to play online this gen right?

#91 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Shame on them to pull a Microsoft move.

Indeed.

#92 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

This reminds me of when Evolve's first trailers popped up online a few months ago. Various channels were sent the EVOLVE game trailer to be promoted. This is the days we live in with modern PR.

They were the same exact Evolve Trailers on various channels, but one channel (xbox) deliberately changed the ending of the trailer adding an extra few seconds to claim, "Only On Xbox One" (Starts at 2:28-2:32) at the end of the video! People were up in arms as M$ channel was claiming (a lie) that the multiplatform game Evolve was only for Xbone, but I just chalked it up to marketing and PR. If companies can get away with spin, why not continue (that's the mentality at least). What are you going to do? Is anyone really watching all these marketing PR moves by all companies and fairly trying to to tally them all up? No one is, so when I see anecdotal things about X company and Y company, and "King of Lies" super-fanbot statements...gimme a break. This is the reality we live in and it's only going to get worse and old PR guys retire and new hungry PR guys take over bouncing around between companies.

These companies jobs is to sell s*** to us, plain and simple which is why I watch PR with a scrutinizing eye.

hahaha holy shit. Good catch, sir.

also lolscorpio thread

#93 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15928 posts) -

When you don't have the console that gets to play the Destiny alpha, you have plenty of time to make terrible threads.

#94 Posted by AM-Gamer (3529 posts) -

It will look better on PS4, so I'll get it for that.

#95 Edited by B4X (3406 posts) -

@effec_tor said:

Indeed.

This move is a patented Sony move. Microsoft should get sued every time they invoke this Sony tried and trueTradition.

#96 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

@b4x said:

@misterpmedia said:

@effec_tor said:

Indeed.

This move is a patented Sony move. Microsoft should get sued every time they invoke this Sony tried and trueTradition.

Oh hell...this tactic has been around far longer than either Sony or Microsoft.

#97 Posted by B4X (3406 posts) -

@b4x said:

@misterpmedia said:

@effec_tor said:

Indeed.

Oh hell...this tactic has been around far longer than either Sony or Microsoft.

Bingo. Scumbags will say anything to get a hand in your wallet!

#98 Posted by gfxpipeline (68 posts) -

@b4x said:

It was Microsoft who made the idiotic 'Toy Story Graphics' claim:

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-250632.html

"One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

Did you really think you could get away with that stupid lie?

#99 Posted by gfxpipeline (68 posts) -

In the end it doesn't matter.

Destiny is absolute garbage. The gameplay is mind numbingly dull. The graphics are terrible.

It is obvious why Microsoft was forced to hand out 900 dollar 'gift bags' to reviewers for previous Bungie games:

Dean Takahashi: Halo 3 press kit "nothing less than a bribe"

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/xbox-360/dean-takahashi-halo-3-press-kit-nothing-less-than-a-bribe.html

#100 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

In the end it doesn't matter.

Destiny is absolute garbage. The gameplay is mind numbingly dull. The graphics are terrible.

It is obvious why Microsoft was forced to hand out 900 dollar 'gift bags' to reviewers for previous Bungie games:

Dean Takahashi: Halo 3 press kit "nothing less than a bribe"

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/xbox-360/dean-takahashi-halo-3-press-kit-nothing-less-than-a-bribe.html

Nope, I'm in the Alpha and it's awesome and all the E3 awards it's been getting fro the press also disagree with you.