Destiny managed to make the Ghost voice even worse...

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

As a voice over actor myself your assessment is dumb especially if you're getting this all from one line of dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

wtf are you talkin about? It definitely sounds a LOT better

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Why do people give two shits about the robots voice?

How about the dickholes over at Bungie finally start to flesh out the games totally non-existent story? How about changing the loot drop system so it isn't totally fucking random? How about fixing these bullet sponges that they refer to as enemies?

Literally everything in that game except the graphics and gunplay is subpar.

What a waste

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

@lostrib:

lol no. It is still a slot machine book-ended by bullet-sponge enemies and even more spongy bosses that take way too long to kill to hide the fact that there is so little content. All so you can get a crap green engram that turns into useless gear 99.9999% of the time.

You came up with that astute assessment after spending only 10 hours with the game? No offense, but that sounds kind of dumb. Once you reach 20 and start doing strikes, raids and arenas with friends, the game is super fun and offers a ton of legendary and exotic equipment.

You're not wrong about the lack of content, and the story is crappy and lacking severely, but as pure co-op pve and gunplay mechanics go, this game is hard to beat.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Bungie is an extremely strange dev i think i mean in one hand you have them being extremely user friendly and listen to everything the fans have to say and fix things and on the other hands they do stuff that are just beyond stupid like the recent changes with exotics that not all exotics you worked hard for are going to be upgraded for the upcoming DLC like the Gjallarhorn or example which has made a lot of noise on their forums with a #Noexoticsleftbehind thing going on in the bungie forums.

Are you on my friends list? i'll try to jump in and help out if you need help with some of these strikes or raids

Yeah, i've heard some odd things like that. Kinda makes me glad that I wasn't in for the initial grind... It was similar to the FFXIV end-game grind, which was basically nullified in the Heavensward expansion. Kinda sucks.

I have no idea if you're on my friend's list... I always lose track lol. I'm traveller--

I never say no to a little help.

Added!

let me know when you nee help in the game

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

I'm going to reserve judgement until I replay the game since I still need to create a titan class character. The new voice over is supposed to add a stronger narrative structure to the game to give the missions more of a story with more purpose. Voice no doubt certainly sounds dry, but when I played the game with Dinklage's voice I didn't find it as bad as people said, and that too was a pretty dry delivery. Sure they exploited his fame as a central and popular Game of Thrones character but it wasn't outright horrible.

Even if it is dry like Dinklage was, fact remains the game is still an addictive grinding and loot fest and will probably remain so anyways.

Also, it'll be interesting this time around if they'll make sure North enunciate his 't' when he says "Gate Lord". I can't be the only one that thinks their use of "Gate Lord" is peculiar, especially when talking about its eye... its brown eye. I get the feeling maybe a few people at Bungie watched too much Beavis & Butthead growing up.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#59  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I was playing the BETA and was like skip, skip, skip

I appreciate they put more story into the game but really the story doesn't seem very interesting. What is the awesome setup/premise that is supposed to grab us by the balls? It sounds like a fantasy world with fantasy people fighting the dark with the light and the light is pretty bright and all that nonsense.

Like in The Witcher, they have the premise with the humans creating better versions of themselves through horrific experiments to get rid of monsters. But they run out of monsters and then turn on the Witchers. And it has racism between the elves, dwarves and humans. Magic exists but it is scarce and scary. It immediately creates a world that slightly peaks my interest and makes me dive in. I don't have that feeling with Destiny.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@thesleeperzzz said:

That must be binary for "I have no idea how to forum and only post in 2 year old threads".