Dear Lizard Squad, no, we gamers don't buy it

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@darkangel115 said:

I know what a DDoS attack is and how it works, the issue is after they stopped, PSN couldn't handle the xmas traffic of everyone trying to get back in. So they hid behind the hack, by limiting access to PSN. You could have bypassed it by changing the MTU on your PS4's network settings to get in, which many did to get back online saturday instead of waiting until sunday. It was mishandled by Sony every step of the way. LS flat out said they stopped the attacks in exchange for some lifetime memberships to mega. XBL went right back online, Sony stayed offline for another 2 days. thats not acceptable.

If they did that, it is because they wanted to have usable logs or packet captures of the illegitimate traffic.

which would be easier to obtain if it was running. your delusional, there is no excuse for them being offline 2 days after the attack when XBL was up and running the same day. Your just making excuses for sony.

No, I don't really care why they were down for extra time. No one knows but their network architect and a hand full of their staff. Lizard Squad are the bad guys here and nothing you say distracts from that. That is the point.

Changing the MTU on packets is a clear indicator that Lizardsquad was using fragmenting packets at the gateway. FYI.

So, again, cease with the nonsense.

If I had to wager a guess, Microsoft has something like a BigIron or FastIron that could redirect the bogus traffic after they sifted out the good from the bad whereas Sony went the less sophisticated route of determining the MTU of the original packets hitting their gateway (Somewhere in the neighborhood below 1500) and thwarted the bogus traffic that way but also kept legit users off the network as a result. At any rate, what's done is done. Just don't take LizardSquads shit ass excuses. What they did was for exposure. Not your well-being as a paying customer.

lol i never said that LS wasn't the bad guy. I'm just saying that Sony should have had their network up and running faster then it did.

@Midnightshade29 said:

@darkangel115: don't know what your smoking I got online at 2 am friday morning in East coast usa on PSN. Was able to download all the updates to my games the whole time during xmas and Netflix too. I was also playing online on PSN both Friday and Saturday.

I'm not smoking anything. some people could get in because as i stated sony throttled access. They couldn't handle the x-mas inrush and used the attacks as an excuse. Some people got in, most people didn't. You can even look at the sony twitter page. even as of this moment, PS on twitter is acknowledging intermittent PSN connection issues. AKA its still not fully functional. just because you didn't have an issue, doesn't mean everyone didn't. man the Sony defense force is in full effect today.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@kingjugganott: It's not security though, thats the thing. All these people do is overwhelm the servers with useless info. It's not hacking, it's overloading. Both MS and Sony's online services can handle the current player hold just fine. These people are just Assholes and are on a level below than people who write virus's. Both are bad and serve no purpose other than screwing over people. So now Sony and MS have to spend alot more money to be able to combat this, instead of using that money else-ware.

All these groups do is hurt people who want to use the services but can't. They're not going to stop sales, as these issues will be resolved in time. Also bringing the network up in time isn't just flicking a switch, both have engineers looking at the situation to figure out what brought them down. So now they have spend more money on labor to figure this crap out.

Lizard Squad is no better than some person who writes a computer virus, both are vermin and deserve to go to prison.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It can happen to other companies as well, now they need to be prepared to fix it as fast as they can, not like SONY with PSN...

DrMichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 DrMichael
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

@ccagracing: I agree. They deserve that and more. They deserve to be shot! It's not just normal people they are hurting, there are millions of bed-ridden disabled people for whom video games are about as active as it gets! These terrorists are vile and despicable!

#lizardsquadisevil

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Man, XBL/PSN are down more often than I've had PC games crash in the last decade. What happened to plug and play?

And lets not even get into the atrocious patching/install times compared to PC, or Ubisoft games that can't be fixed unlike on PC with some .ini tweaks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than 30 days.