DayZ sells 700,000k copies of early access

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC thriving as usual.

http://dayzgame.com/age-gate

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/70904326269/first-week-of-dayz-alpha

Can't wait for console to copy the concept of this game, like it always does from PC.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

This is old. Go here to see the current counter. It's currently at 753,858 players.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Ooooooooooolllllddddddd......

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Copy? Like how The Last of Us won pretty much GOTY on every site and PC gamers are starving so much for games, they actually buy a beta?

OK man...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Locutus_Picard said:

Copy? Like how The Last of Us won pretty much GOTY on every site and PC gamers are starving so much for games, they actually buy a beta?

OK man...

Beta? It's in alpha state. You buy the whole game, not the alpha. Basically it's a preorder where you get the game $20-$30 cheaper. Too bad console games don't have such good deals :(

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lundy86_4

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

It's an Alpha, so get your shit straight. Furthermore, it's a poor insult, considering it isn't the only game people are buying.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jankarcop

@Locutus_Picard said:

Copy?

OK man...

Yes. Also PC had more aaa/aa in 2013 than all 6 consoles combined lmao....

But grats on the 8.0 scoring movie-game.

UevenLiftBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By UevenLiftBro
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

Just go to show there is still a lot of potential in zombie apocalypse scenarios.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHAndAnime

@uevenliftbro said:

Just go to show there is still a lot of potential in zombie apocalypse scenarios.

Seems like PC platform is the only platform that even gets these types of games. (On-rails The Last of Us for PS3 doesn't count).

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Imagine if ND had the balls to make TLOU 2 like DayZ. Now that would be a juicy game.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

Beta? It's in alpha state. You buy the whole game, not the alpha. Basically it's a preorder where you get the game $20-$30 cheaper. Too bad console games don't have such good deals :(

Even worse, it's like petulant children eating raw cookie-dough. In fact, we have the great PSN January sale going on. Games are on sale for 2 entire weeks from -50% tot -90% instead of that annoying 8 hour flash deal crap on steam.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

Even worse, it's like petulant children eating raw cookie-dough. In fact, we have the great PSN January sale going on. Games are on sale for 2 entire weeks from -50% tot -90% instead of that annoying 8 hour flash deal crap on steam.

Just like everyone who pre-ordered the PS4 when it was unreleased? Those idiots didn't even get reduced prices! :(

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Tried really hard to get into the mod, but it was noting special to me. It was just too buggy. I don't see this game ever being super polished, which is a shame. I also hate how terrible the community is. There should be more players like FrankieonPC. I do love watching him play, and that's how it will stay./

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

The 8 hour flash deal isn't the only thing... Seriously, get your fucking argument straight. You couldn't even tell the game was in Alpha.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Locutus_Picard

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

The 8 hour flash deal isn't the only thing... Seriously, get your fucking argument straight. You couldn't even tell the game was in Alpha.

I'm not the programmer of the game, why should I care about the state of a game, whether in alpha, beta or gamma? It's foolish to spend money on not yet reviewed games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

I'm not the programmer of the game, why should I care about the state of a game, whether in alpha, beta or gamma? It's foolish to spend money on not yet reviewed games.

If you're criticizing a game, I would expect that you be knowledgeable of the game.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

No it isn't. It's silly to let others dictate whether you like a game or not. I haven't read a review in years. I don't need to. If I did, I would have missed out on so many games.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

If you're criticizing a game, I would expect that you be knowledgeable of the game.

I'm not critisizing the game, but the likes of Jankar buying into alpha's/beta's/early access.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Locutus_Picard

@millerlight89 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

OK man...

No it isn't. It's silly to let others dictate whether you like a game or not. I haven't read a review in years. I don't need to. If I did, I would have missed out on so many games.

To prevent stuff like BF4, SimCity etc. happening? Most reviewers inform people whether the game is in a playable state, report technical issues, they don't decide for you to buy it or not.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4

@Locutus_Picard said:

I'm not critisizing the game, but the likes of Jankar buying into alpha's/beta's/early access.

Dude, you are specifically referencing people buying a game in "beta" in a rather derogatory way. It comes across of criticism, when you can't even get the stage correct.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Locutus_Picard

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Dude, you are specifically referencing people buying a game in "beta" in a rather derogatory way. It comes across of criticism, when you can't even get the stage correct.

Allright, no foul intended at the game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Not surprising, it has been number one on the top seller list on Steam all the way through the steam sale, and it wasn't even on sale

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Ooooooooooolllllddddddd......

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

God...did consoles killed your family?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

It was the top selling game ALL Steam Sale...... that says a LOT

@lostrib said:

Not surprising, it has been number one on the top seller list on Steam all the way through the steam sale, and it wasn't even on sale

God dammit lostrib... don't beat me like that

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I really like the whole DayZ story, this is the kind of phenomenon that couldn't be born anywhere but PC.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

To prevent stuff like BF4, SimCity etc. happening? Most reviewers inform people whether the game is in a playable state, report technical issues, they don't decide for you to buy it or not.

Then use the steam reviews, a lot of these early access titles have bad reviews due to one reason or another. If you're so desperate for other's opinions then you can just use them.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

PC thriving as usual.

Can't wait for console to copy the concept of this game, like it always does from PC.

A little late for that, it's called State of Decay.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Imagine if ND had the balls to make TLOU 2 like DayZ. Now that would be a juicy game.

That would suck. ND and open world? No. Plus they like cutscenes so a DayZ with a cetscene everyime you encounter a zombie would suck.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jankarcop

@Ballroompirate said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC thriving as usual.

A little late for that, it's called State of Decay.

1. Its not that much like state of decay....

2. SoD copied the original mod, but not enough to be nearly on the lvl of Dayz.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

It's early yet, but I'm curious as to how well the number of the mod players and the number of people who bought Combined Ops to play the mod will translate to game sales. This could be an interesting experiment as a new way for developers to enter the industry.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

These sales will led to a better finished product. I love the game and will continue to support it.

Kinda pissed my good character got killed last night though. Lol.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Hopefully Bohemia hire more people to work on it given how much money its making for them.

Rocket is obviously a man who is passionate about games and what he is doing so its nice to see his efforts paying off. I just hope they don't get lost in bug fixing when they still need to add a bunch of features before the game becomes at all interesting compared to some of the mods like Epoch and Origins.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

torrent does not equal sale

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@donnatroy said:

what are you talking about?

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DonnaTroy

@lostrib said:

@donnatroy said:

Jelly?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@speedfog said:

@silversix_ said:

That would suck. ND and open world? No. Plus they like cutscenes so a DayZ with a cetscene everyime you encounter a zombie would suck.

why are u saying this? cuz they haven't made one so they must suck at it? They haven't made any violent titles before TLOU and we all know how stellar it was.....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lostrib

@donnatroy said:

@lostrib said:

@donnatroy said:

Jelly?

now what are you talking about?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

PC Gaming, paying £20 for a nowhere near finished product. £14 million for a game that is abrely playable, and wont be complete for another year.

ridiculous.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lostrib

@MBirdy88 said:

PC Gaming, paying £20 for a nowhere near finished product. £14 million for a game that is abrely playable, and wont be complete for another year.

ridiculous.

you don't have to buy it. you can just wait until the finished game is released. Some people just want to be able to play the game even if it is an alpha/beta stage

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

I like the concept of this game, there is definitely huge potential there... wether or not that will be realized though remains to be seen... seems like they have a lot more work to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

ridiculous.

you don't have to buy it. you can just wait until the finished game is released. Some people just want to be able to play the game even if it is an alpha/beta stage

i know, but its taking advantage of what minecraft ect started. £20 is ALOT for what it is, even for release quality.

you say that, but most people buy a game when its available.... hence why releases have been important.... for a product to be ready for players. you think even a fraction of that 700k liike "alpha testing"... bulls*it.

took them 2 years to do this little, another year yet... and in the end its a slightly better engined version of the mod... while still missing a lot.

and then there is star citizen.... you cant even play that.

starbound.... thats more reasonable priced, but to say its in beta is a lie, its clearly an alpha.

not saying you can't enjoy it. but £20 to me for that is just insulting. what happened to free participating alpha/betas... now we are paying for advanced broken pre0orders.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@donnatroy said:

@lostrib said:

@donnatroy said:

Jelly?

now what are you talking about?

Don't even bother replying.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

It's an awesome concept, glad it's successful. I'll buy it when it's done though.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

@MBirdy88 said:

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

ridiculous.

i know, but its taking advantage of what minecraft ect started. £20 is ALOT for what it is, even for release quality.

you say that, but most people buy a game when its available.... hence why releases have been important.... for a product to be ready for players. you think even a fraction of that 700k liike "alpha testing"... bulls*it.

took them 2 years to do this little, another year yet... and in the end its a slightly better engined version of the mod... while still missing a lot.

starbound.... thats more reasonable priced, but to say its in beta is a lie, its clearly an alpha.

not saying you can't enjoy it. but £20 to me for that is just insulting. what happened to free participating alpha/betas... now we are paying for advanced broken pre0orders.

If they're too stupid to read that the game is early release and still in alpha stage, then it's their own damn fault. What's the problem if people are willing to pay for it

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

ridiculous.

You can thank consoles for that. To play the Halo 3 MP beta, you had to buy Crackdown.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@lostrib said:

@donnatroy said:

He's saying 700,000 torrented it, and that they didn't actually buy it. Apparently he's so fucking r****ed (DON'T BAN ME MOTHERFUCKERS!) that he doesn't seem to grasp that we're talking about recorded steam sales. Not to mention, it's a server dependent game, so while one might be able to pirate it, they'd be playing alone against the AI, which isn't the reason people play DayZ in the first place.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DonnaTroy

Did not win goty here.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points