Dark Souls 2 coming to PC on April 25th.

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Damien- (5230 posts) -
#2 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Devs don't care about PC gamers. They know where the moneys at.

#3 Posted by blackace (20061 posts) -
#4 Posted by lostrib (33437 posts) -

provably false

#5 Posted by Chutebox (36448 posts) -

No way in hell I can wait this long. DS2 day 1 this month. Can't freaking wait.

#6 Posted by naz99 (1158 posts) -

@-Damien-: what? pc players should buy the worst performing and visually less impressive version rather than wait a short while?

I will wait a month and pick up the better version,plenty to play between then.

#7 Posted by aroxx_ab (9220 posts) -

No point wait for PC version i heard they been lazy with textures etc and some areas background is just green etc. Sure PC maybe get graphic mods tho at later point:P

#8 Posted by lostrib (33437 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

No point wait for PC version i heard they been lazy with textures etc and some areas background is just green etc. Sure PC maybe get graphic mods tho at later point:P

for DS2? source?

#9 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -
#10 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3271 posts) -

Just bought Stick of Truth, so I'll manage in the meantime ;)

#11 Posted by aroxx_ab (9220 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@aroxx_ab said:

for DS2? source?

Watched one "all you need to know about dark souls2" on youtube

#12 Posted by with_teeth26 (6025 posts) -

damn I was still secretly hoping for later march

#13 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

So much for your thread TC

#14 Posted by Alcapello (671 posts) -

Well gamespot says it's coming may, 31.

Right here \/\/\/\/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-pc-release-date-is-may-31-according-to-amazon/1100-6417472/

#15 Posted by Motokid6 (5122 posts) -

@lostrib: It is false.

http://www.redgamingtech.com/over-50-percent-of-north-american-developers-working-on-pc-games/

#16 Posted by ankor77 (938 posts) -

whatever the date is im waiting for PC version. I got titanfall, infamous, and SouthPark to play between now and then

#17 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

This isn't anything official, as posted above the devs or publisher haven't announced an official date themselves yet and people on GAF even ran error checking software over the image to see if there were any blemishes or any sort of fakery and a lot of stuff seemed out of place

#18 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23432 posts) -

i'm sure it will be made with the same care as the 1st port was.

ha ha!

#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

ha ha!

well the devs said it runs at 4 times the res of the console version and is 60fps

#20 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23432 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: the looks are almost never the problem of these j-dev pc ports.

the problem is japan has almost no pc market and these guys program pc ports like they have never worked with a pc before... because that haven't.

or possibly they get wasted and wear oven mitts and blindfolds during the entire porting process.

i have not been able to figure out exactly why j-dev pc porting is even worse than normal pc porting.

#21 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: the looks are almost never the problem of these j-dev pc ports.

the problem is japan has almost no pc market and these guys program pc ports like they have never worked with a pc before... because that haven't.

or possibly they get wasted and wear oven mitts and blindfolds during the entire porting process.

i have not been able to figure out exactly why j-dev pc porting is even worse than normal pc porting.

Now you're just yammering on about nothing

#22 Posted by Mr-Powers (168 posts) -

Right here \/\/\/\/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-pc-release-date-is-may-31-according-to-amazon/1100-6417472/

Ouch. Well, pc is used to playing third fiddle. They know the pc version is going to sell a fraction of what it sells on console, this just cements that.

#23 Posted by with_teeth26 (6025 posts) -

@alcapello said:

Right here \/\/\/\/

Ouch. Well, pc is used to playing third fiddle. They know the pc version is going to sell a fraction of what it sells on console, this just cements that.

as was stated before, since the devs/publishers haven't announced a official release date for PC its doubtful GS somehow has the actual date.

#24 Posted by Daious (1059 posts) -

Right here \/\/\/\/

Amazon said it and not GS. Amazon uses placeholders.

#25 Edited by foxhound_fox (87378 posts) -

Going to get PS3 version now and PC version later when on sale.

I can't wait almost two whole months to play it.

#26 Edited by Couth_ (9977 posts) -

This was debunked on Twitter. They spelled Armour wrong too.

#27 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23432 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: so you would say as a rule j-dev pc ports are done well?

#28 Posted by dommeus (9192 posts) -
#29 Posted by xdluffy (23 posts) -
#30 Posted by GarGx1 (2426 posts) -

/shrug

#31 Edited by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -
@Riverwolf007 said:

ha ha!

PC is the lead platform.

#32 Edited by lawlessx (46456 posts) -

im sure PC gamers can wait afew weeks for the lead version

#33 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

it'll look and run several times better......care

#34 Posted by jake44 (1942 posts) -

PC games usually take longer because they have additional settings.

#35 Edited by forkandplate (5 posts) -

Ill wait for the pc release because im not going to spend a couple hundreds bux on a console just to get 1 game early.

#36 Edited by silversix_ (13919 posts) -

I refuse to buy the ps3 version that looks like a ps2 title this time around. Gotta wait whatever amount of time needed to play this with graphics mods and a dualshock 4, game of the decade anyways.

#37 Posted by Naylord (669 posts) -

I love PC gaming but this is something you should get on consoles. I own Dark Souls on PC and PS3 and the community/multiplayer experience is better on PS3. A lot of people abuse trainers on PC.

#38 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16022 posts) -

@Naylord said:

I love PC gaming but this is something you should get on consoles. I own Dark Souls on PC and PS3 and the community/multiplayer experience is better on PS3. A lot of people abuse trainers on PC.

Yeah, and one of best things about Dark Souls is the multiplayer component. Having 1080p graphics and 60 fps is nice and all, but not being able to have fun with the core fundamentals can really suck. I'm wondering about what sort of anti cheat they will have if any at all. And also if the PC controls won't be complete ass this time around.

People shouldn't be lining up day one to buy the PC version. They should be wary considering how disrespectful the last port was.

#39 Posted by MonsieurX (29242 posts) -

Worth waiting for the superior version

#40 Posted by blangenakker (2184 posts) -

Gotta make sure the PC version is ported properly

#41 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Herms, as always, trailing the peasants.

#42 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

That's like telling a car enthusiast to just get an automatic because there's a 45-day delay on the manual equipped model. Perfection is worth the wait.

#43 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (689 posts) -

> Announced as lead platform

> Released over a month later.

Something doesn't add up.

#44 Posted by remiks00 (1646 posts) -

lol, another fail troll thread by Damien, at least do proper research before starting these shitty threads dude. smdh..

#45 Posted by Pffrbt (6477 posts) -

I can wait for it.

#46 Posted by EndlessInfinity (219 posts) -
#47 Edited by GhoX (4681 posts) -

If you read Japanese, on the Japanese official site for Dark Souls 2, it says that Dark Souls 2 for PC is planned to be released in March.

#48 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

ha ha!

Well, if you had followed the development process at all, you'd know that the PC version isn't a port this time, but is in fact the lead version, and will come with all the graphics and controller options that one would expect from any other PC game, and also allow whatever resolution we want to use, and also has an unlocked framerate, so those of us with the power to do it will be able to run at more than 30 fps without mods and hacks that can destabilize the game.

And as for the content of the OP... seriously, Damien? 45 days (if that's actually the case, which is probably isn't) is too long to wait? Kids these days...

#49 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

ha ha!

Yeah I know, crappy ports that are STILL better than the console version are hilarious !!!!

hahahahahahahaha

#50 Posted by remiks00 (1646 posts) -

@Naylord said:

Exactly what I'm skeptical of with the PC version of Dark Souls II. I wonder if they will use VAC or something...