deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ghosts4ever: where does it say they have completely focused on this?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#102 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@boycie said:

@ghosts4ever: where does it say they have completely focused on this?

if they spent tons of budget into useless romance and relationship. gameplay will suffer.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Was anybody expecting swords and bows in a future technological setting? I guess they could have gone with an energy sword to fit the theme buuuuuuuut, that is already taken, ya know. Are people really this worked up over this change in weaponry and combat design? Just how do guns and shooting combat make it any less of an RPG than the Witcher? This is CD Projekt Red we're talking about and if anybody can be tusted to deliver on an immersive role playing experience, it's them... no matter what the setting and/or combat mode.

@ghosts4ever said:

My Interest lost.

This game is now officially cyberpunk dating sim.

I bet it will suffer from good level design and good combat. CDPR are bad at making combat but now they are focus completely on relationships. i wish they could concentrate more on level design and immersion. by being open world worried me before and now this.

my interest officially over.

Just what do you base this on, specifically CDPR "focus completely on relationships."? Relationships were present in all three Witcher games; was combat, quest story, side missions, character development, exploration, leveling, skill building, world interaction and choice based gameplay missing from them? If you answered any of this 'yes', then you didn't play any of the games.

Of course relationships will be a part of Cyberpunk 2077, that doesn't mean it'll be the central focus. You are really losing your grip. CDPR knows how to incorporate personal character interactions without sacrificing level design, story/quest design and most especially immersion. On that other post (on the next page that I can't quote here) do you even have any details what CDPR's budget distribution is between romance scripting, main story scripting, level design, combat design, RPG mechanics, and what not is? Do you? By all means, share with the rest of us how the studio allocated manpower and time between these.... we're all waiting.

I realize the whole relationship aspect is unappealing to you, just a whole lot of "ewwww, kissing... icky icky" You just want your exaggerated "macho maaaaaanly man" demonstrating his dominance; just kick ass all day long, grrrrrrrrr. But guess what, your subjective opinion doesn't make it "useless" as you assert. There are plenty of gamers out there who actually enjoy getting deeper into the character development, and to them (myself included) emotional character interaction plays a very useful role into experiencing the world through the avatar. This is a role playing game after all.

But hey, if you think it's "irrelevant", good news for you, you don't have to. It's optional, as it's always been in every game. You have the prerogative to side step right past all that uncomfortable sexuality, and focus on killing all the enemies and saving the world/universe. You GO BOY!!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@AdobeArtist: Thier games do have bad combat. TW3 biggest problem is bad combat and control. My point is if thier budget spent on good combat instead of wasting time on romance scenes.

Having open world also sacrifice a good level design.

Deus Ex deliver excellent story and characters without relationship building and romance system. So why cant this?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ghosts4ever: First off I'm 32, secondly those 20 year old Witcher kids have better grammar than you so that's pretty sad.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ghosts4ever

@Ballroompirate said:

@ghosts4ever: First off I'm 32, secondly those 20 year old Witcher kids have better grammar than you so that's pretty sad.

my friend im not talking about you in general. talking about most of video games journalists.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

You gotta Love Ghost4ever threads. A troglodyte would make more sense than him. But I guess thats what makes System wars fun. Anywho Cyberpunk looks great. Sounds better than the OG deus Ex. And better than most FPS's.

Most likely GOTY,GOACP ETC.