Crysis has already spelled defeat for Killzone 2

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Ever really take the time to think about this? Crysis' gameplay looks better than CGI cutscene of Killzone 2. We all know that Killzone 2 won't actually look like the trailer, so therefore Killzone 2 has nothing toride on. Halo 3 will have unquestionably better gameplay, and Crysis will have indesputably better graphics. If there is one shooter to spend your money on this fall, make it either Crysis or Halo 3. Don't waste your money on the bland, overhyped and underwhelming Killzone 2. There is just so much more out there.pyoob

Yeah right, i know killzone will probably never look as good as the CGI trailer, and yes crysis IS the best looking game ever till now, but come on don't take it that far, crysis in no way looks better than the CGI killzone trailer, some people really need to re-watch that infamous trailer again.

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="swade"]THe Killzone trailer looks alot better than crysis. Plus the animation looks better and the charcters movements are alot more realistic.Killfox

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Everyone knows that, hes just countering what the TC said in the first post I believe. What he said is true whether its CGI or not.

Plus we havent even seen beta screens yet. They have all been pre alpha. So this game will look way better than what we are seeing now. PC games dont get downgraded. Also devs have said there will patches for crysis. So when better hardware comes out. You will be able to take advantage of that extra power. So what we see now isnt what its going to look like in 2 years on better hardware. So we really cant compare crysis to killzone until that day comes.

Um id hate to tell you but Crysis isnt going to get better looking unless you have the hardware to run it. Most people wont have the hardware to run it like the videos they have been showing for the past year sorry thats a fact.... Do we need hermits to recall a little game called Doom 3? The game was shown to show off what was possible with the G force 3 same way Crysis is meant to show off what is possible with the Gforce 8800 series of cards. Yet when Doom 3 came out a Gforce 3 ran it at minimum settings. To you hermits who think they will be running the game like that video on a 7800gtx you are going to be in for a disapointment to say the least.

Yeah you do know a 7800GTX can max out crysis in DX9. Also the requirements to run crysis at max when it comes out is 2Gb of RAM, core 2 duo, and a 8800GTS 640mb. So if i get a 8800GTX/HD2900XT 512mb/ HD2900XT 1Gb. I will be to run it better then what we see. You obviously dont know anything you are talking about. I believe what the devs say, not you. Hey buddy these are pre alpha screens. They are just entering alpha now. So we arent even close to seeing what crysis will really look like at the end. You console fanboys can be so funny with your misconceptions and fallacies. If you dont know what those mean. Look it up. Because it aint good.

Ive played pc games to long to buy into hype yet devs sell PR bull crap to suckers like you who belive it. The game at best will look like the videos that have been shown on highest end hardware most people wont even realize that . Hence the reason not one video of Crysis that has been shown recently looks any better then what was shown a year ago? If you dont see that you are delusional sorry. Console and pc gaming dev take two totally differnt roads of development. For pc's they show the game on max hardware get it as great looking as it possibly can and then find a way to scale it down so others clan play it. Pc games dont get massive upgrades as crysis has shown. Consolegames do as they spend more and more time on the same hardware making it look bettter as they become more familiar with it. Its the reason why HL2 didnt look any better then the first videos they showed, Its the reason why Doom 3 never looked better then the first videos they have shown and its the reason why Crysis hasnt shown any graphcial improvements when it was first shown. Sorry but history doesnt lie.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="swade"]THe Killzone trailer looks alot better than crysis. Plus the animation looks better and the charcters movements are alot more realistic.Polaris_choice

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Everyone knows that, hes just countering what the TC said in the first post I believe. What he said is true whether its CGI or not.

Plus we havent even seen beta screens yet. They have all been pre alpha. So this game will look way better than what we are seeing now. PC games dont get downgraded. Also devs have said there will patches for crysis. So when better hardware comes out. You will be able to take advantage of that extra power. So what we see now isnt what its going to look like in 2 years on better hardware. So we really cant compare crysis to killzone until that day comes.

Um id hate to tell you but Crysis isnt going to get better looking unless you have the hardware to run it. Most people wont have the hardware to run it like the videos they have been showing for the past year sorry thats a fact.... Do we need hermits to recall a little game called Doom 3? The game was shown to show off what was possible with the G force 3 same way Crysis is meant to show off what is possible with the Gforce 8800 series of cards. Yet when Doom 3 came out a Gforce 3 ran it at minimum settings. To you hermits who think they will be running the game like that video on a 7800gtx you are going to be in for a disapointment to say the least.

Yeah you do know a 7800GTX can max out crysis in DX9. Also the requirements to run crysis at max when it comes out is 2Gb of RAM, core 2 duo, and a 8800GTS 640mb. So if i get a 8800GTX/HD2900XT 512mb/ HD2900XT 1Gb. I will be to run it better then what we see. You obviously dont know anything you are talking about. I believe what the devs say, not you. Hey buddy these are pre alpha screens. They are just entering alpha now. So we arent even close to seeing what crysis will really look like at the end. You console fanboys can be so funny with your misconceptions and fallacies. If you dont know what those mean. Look it up. Because it aint good.

Ive played pc games to long to buy into hype yet devs sellPR bull crap to suckers like you who belive it. The game at best will look like the videos that have been shown on highest end hardware most people wont even realize that . Hence the reason not one video of Crysis that has been shown recently looks any better then what was shown a year ago? If you dont see that you are delusional sorry. Console and pc gaming dev take two totally differnt roads of develpment. For pc's they show the game on max hardware get it as great looking as it possibly can and then find a way to scale it down so others clan play it. Pc games dont get massive upgrades as crysis has shown. Console gmaes do as they spendmoreand more time on the same hardware making it look bettter as they become more familiar with it. Its the reason why HL2 didnt look any better then the first videos they showed, Its the reason why Doom 3 never looked better then teh first videos they have shown and its the reason why Crysis hasnt shown any graphcial improvements when it was first shown. Sorry but history doesnt lie.

Did you even read what i said. Of course it wont get that much better from until when its released. Devs have said that they will have updates to were you can take advantage of hardware years down the road. Yeah I know its different from consoles to PC. I just looked at some of the first screens of HL2 and compared them to the most recents ones. Im safe to say your theory failed. The ones in the beginning look pretty bad. The ones at the at look quite impressvie. So history never repeated itself. So theres no point in saying it did. Because it never happened.

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Polaris_choice
Show me those early pics of HL2 you found. Sorry I remeber playing it. Hoping my TI4600 would run it like those videos. Yet it wasnt untill I purchased a 6800gt untill I was able to fully enjoy HL2 like it had been shown in the videos. Regardless HL2 has received expansions and so on. But the game did not get any upgrade when it was released from what was orginally shown sorry im right same goes with doom 3.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Shoe me those early pics of HL2 you found. Sorry I remeber playing it. Hoping my TI4600 would run it like those videos. Yet it wasnt untill I purchased a 6800gt untill I was able to fully enjoy HL2 like it had been shown in the videos. Regardless HL2 has received expansions and so on. But the game did not get any upgrade when it was released from what was orginally shown sorry im right same goes with doom 3. Polaris_choice
Sorry, but I just had to :lol:.
Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Polaris_choice

[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"]Shoe me those early pics of HL2 you found. Sorry I remeber playing it. Hoping my TI4600 would run it like those videos. Yet it wasnt untill I purchased a 6800gt untill I was able to fully enjoy HL2 like it had been shown in the videos. Regardless HL2 has received expansions and so on. But the game did not get any upgrade when it was released from what was orginally shown sorry im right same goes with doom 3. smokeydabear076

O KNOWS TEH TYPO IVE BEEN OWNED!!!!!!

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Polaris_choice"]Shoe me those early pics of HL2 you found. Sorry I remeber playing it. Hoping my TI4600 would run it like those videos. Yet it wasnt untill I purchased a 6800gt untill I was able to fully enjoy HL2 like it had been shown in the videos. Regardless HL2 has received expansions and so on. But the game did not get any upgrade when it was released from what was orginally shown sorry im right same goes with doom 3. Polaris_choice

O KNOWS TEH TYPO IVE BEEN OWNED!!!!!!

No, not really. I just thought that it was funny.
ElMariachi46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ElMariachi46
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts
I'm curious to see how KZ2 will turn out, don't really have no reason not to buy it other then money
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="swade"]THe Killzone trailer looks alot better than crysis. Plus the animation looks better and the charcters movements are alot more realistic.Killfox

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Sorry but theyre in beta now ... not alpha, alpha is over, stated by that Nvidia spokes person, if it was still in alpha we wouldnt see it before Christmas.

And to the guy your quoting:

Crysis was not developed "to show off 8800" it was in developed 3 years ago, a couple of months after Far Cry , it was designed for 7XXX Series, but then the word of Dx10 came and 8 series, so they jumped on board with that aswell.

Doom 3 didnt have Nvidia/Intel working with it to optimize alot, 8800 was a bonus in this game's development time, not the "normal" like Geforce 3 was back in Doom days.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="swade"]THe Killzone trailer looks alot better than crysis. Plus the animation looks better and the charcters movements are alot more realistic.Polaris_choice

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Ive played pc games to long to buy into hype yet devs sell PR bull crap to suckers like you who belive it. The game at best will look like the videos that have been shown on highest end hardware most people wont even realize that . Hence the reason not one video of Crysis that has been shown recently looks any better then what was shown a year ago? If you dont see that you are delusional sorry. Console and pc gaming dev take two totally differnt roads of development. For pc's they show the game on max hardware get it as great looking as it possibly can and then find a way to scale it down so others clan play it. Pc games dont get massive upgrades as crysis has shown. Consolegames do as they spend more and more time on the same hardware making it look bettter as they become more familiar with it. Its the reason why HL2 didnt look any better then the first videos they showed, Its the reason why Doom 3 never looked better then the first videos they have shown and its the reason why Crysis hasnt shown any graphcial improvements when it was first shown. Sorry but history doesnt lie.

Errr ok, now go back and watch the first showing of Crysis, look at the terrain and models , it was nothing like it is now.

And Consoles go through the same development .. .they dont upgrade, they overshoot the hardware, then downgrade it steps to get it to fit with a decent frame rate.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
pyoob if your a pc gammer than you should be ashamed because killzone 2 and crysis arent even on the same level. Crysis is a realistic looking game with dense jungles and very nice graphics. Killzone is grity and more focuesed on war, not a lone man trying to infiltrate the enemy. Just the fact crysis is on pc means its not even trying to touch killzone 2.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.daytona_178

LOL, have you even looked at the needed system specs to run Crysis at max? Currently it looks like i could play it nearly maxed for about $900, and when its released and new line of CPU's and graphic cards will be out so itll be about $700 by then!

Exactly. You're paying $900 just to play one game at maximum settings. This is very, very sad. While you may feel good about yourself since you'll be able to play basically any game on maximum settings now, in two years you'll be kicking yourself, as your comp can only run the Crysis of 2009 or 2010 on medium or even low settings. The PC market is a vicious one, and computer parts become outdated in a matter of months.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
uh....your paying to be able to run every game on max.....
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Exactly. You're paying $900 just to play one game at maximum settings.

a_ratchet_fan

so you're saying that no other game ever released will either

A) run at max or

B) will be liked

on said computer?

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Most people won't be able to run Halo3 maxxed out either (not that it looks anywhere near the level of Crysis' graphics). Most people don't have a 360, nor an HDTV.....

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 trix5817

Its CGI .... not ingame.

Actually, Crysis has just entered beta. Or they are preparing for it.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

"Show me those early pics of HL2 you found. Sorry I remeber playing it. Hoping my TI4600 would run it like those videos. Yet it wasnt untill I purchased a 6800gt untill I was able to fully enjoy HL2 like it had been shown in the videos. "

Why did you think your DX8 card would runaHL2as well as what you saw in the pre release trailers? The ATI 9000 series were always the recommended cards for HL2.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

"Exactly. You're paying $900 just to play one game at maximum settings. This is very, very sad. While you may feel good about yourself since you'll be able to play basically any game on maximum settings now, in two years you'll be kicking yourself, as your comp can only run the Crysis of 2009 or 2010 on medium or even low settings. The PC market is a vicious one, and computer parts become outdated in a matter of months. "

I dont mind as those games on medium settingswill still crap all over anything on consoles (graphically).

WhySoCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 WhySoCry
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts

Its CGI .... not ingame.

HL 2 back in 2003 when it was shown:

after:

TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
Crysis doesn't look better than CGI Killzone:|, Everything in the CGI is high res, textures, characters, environments, everything. Not everything in Crysis is high res, just look at the fences or other little things that don't matter in the game. None of them are greatly detailed or textured, but EVERYTHING in the CGI was. Now I'm not saying Killzone 2 will look like that, I'm probably never going to play it anyway since FPS's aren't my thing, but your statement was just stupid.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 a_ratchet_fan
[QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"]

Exactly. You're paying $900 just to play one game at maximum settings.

Hewkii

so you're saying that no other game ever released will either

A) run at max or

B) will be liked

on said computer?

You didn't read the entire post, did you.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 a_ratchet_fan

"Exactly. You're paying $900 just to play one game at maximum settings. This is very, very sad. While you may feel good about yourself since you'll be able to play basically any game on maximum settings now, in two years you'll be kicking yourself, as your comp can only run the Crysis of 2009 or 2010 on medium or even low settings. The PC market is a vicious one, and computer parts become outdated in a matter of months. "

I dont mind as those games on medium settingswill still crap all over anything on consoles (graphically).

tramp

That's a pretty bold statement to be making, However, in a way I agree with you. a year ago when I was still using a s***ty ATI 9800, The most I could run something like Call of Duty 2 at was 800x600 while still running it in direct x 9. Despite my week set-up, though, the graphics still beat the **** out of anything available on last-gen consoles. The reason I compare it to last-gen consoles is because it was released in that time-frame. So yeah, PC parts will always be better than console parts eventually, but... even though I just spent $800 on a nice PCI-express capable system (so that I'm not limited to the dwindling AGP cards) I still think that consoles have great value, as even though they'll eventually become outdated technically, devs are still actively trying to push the consoles to their limits. And for consoles like the PS3 and 360, those limits stretch pretty far.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 trix5817

crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.leejohnson7

It was CGI. It was a movie basically............

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Meu2k7

crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.leejohnson7

Er how? It was "shoot a normal conventional weapon at a helghast" with no jump, no special abilities .... :S how did you come to that conclusion when the first Killzone was nothing but a bullet-grind the entire way through.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="swade"]THe Killzone trailer looks alot better than crysis. Plus the animation looks better and the charcters movements are alot more realistic.WhySoCry

Its CGI .... not ingame.

HL 2 back in 2003 when it was shown:

after:

Well i guess you shut that guy up didnt you!

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 leejohnson7

[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.trix5817

I am aware of that, but it look more fun than crysis, thats why I said IF.

[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.Meu2k7

Er how? It was "shoot a normal conventional weapon at a helghast" with no jump, no special abilities .... :S how did you come to that conclusion when the first Killzone was nothing but a bullet-grind the entire way through.

You cant jump like in halo? ohh no. I would jump up in the air if somebody was trying to shoot me in the head. FYI Gears didnt have a jump ability, and neither did Rainbow Six. And for a good reason; it is never done well in a game, at least not well enough so that people dont exploit it.

And Killzone one has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

Both of you guys need to read my OP carefully.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 trix5817

[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.leejohnson7

[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.Meu2k7

You cant jump like in halo? ohh no. I would jump up in the air if somebody was trying to shoot me in the head. FYI Gears didnt have a jump ability, and neither did Rainbow Six. And for a good reason; it is never done well in a game, at least not well enough so that people dont exploit it.

Saving Private Ryan looks more fun than Crysis......seriously, think about what you say next time.....

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
Can you throw chickens in the Killzone 2 CGI trailer? Smash jeeps? I'd still say Crysis looks more fun, the CGI just looks more fluid and atmospheric.
Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Can you throw chickens in the Killzone 2 CGI trailer? Smash jeeps? I'd still say Crysis looks more fun, the CGI just looks more fluid and atmospheric.baddog121390

The latest video shows how fun it is with the weapons can't wait to trythe rocket launcher that will be so much fun.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Killfox
I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

crysis is just for hermits.. so no competition.

Avatar image for playstation2004
playstation2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 playstation2004
Member since 2004 • 4928 Posts

Unless Crysis comes out on the PS3, it won't really be competing with Killzone.sneekite

Pretty Much.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 smokeydabear076
Who cares? Halo has already destroyed it.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Meu2k7

I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.Killfox

I dont think I said that anytime recently, but nobody knew if Crysis was in pre-alpha or alpha, they kept hush hush about it, now Nvidia guy leaked that theyre entering beta, so you did nothing wrong really , it was only said about a week ago.

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 baddog121390
I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.Killfox
It just did enter alpha. This is the first ever media of Crysis in alpha (though, it still is DX9).
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 leejohnson7
[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]

[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]crysis looks good, but imo, thats all it does. The gameplay looks a bit flat. If Killzone played like the 05 e3 demo it would out score it.trix5817

Saving Private Ryan looks more fun than Crysis......seriously, think about what you say next time.....

Yes but my pedigree chum, saving private ryan looks like it isnt going to be a game, and doesnt have open top deck drop ships, and tries to make war look not pleasant to say the least, if you thought experiencing D-Day looked fun you need your head checked.

It has already been attempted by WW2 games and they didnt actually portray it well to say the least. Killzone does look like a futuristic D-Day, but for the love of god, we have already seen WW2 enough times. So no, you think about your posts.

Overall, Crysis looks like a tech demo to be honest. I'd rather see the cry engine in a rally or driving game.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Killfox

[QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.baddog121390
It just did enter alpha. This is the first ever media of Crysis in alpha (though, it still is DX9).

Im confused.Meu2k7 said it was entering beta and baddog says its still in alpha. So which is it.????

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Meu2k7

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.Killfox

Im confused.Meu2k7 said it was entering beta and baddog says its still in alpha. So which is it.????

http://crysis-online.com/?page=2

Its gone past alpha, if it only now entered alpha then thier officially release would be Winter not Fall.

But then again some people are still saying Alpha .... truth is nobody knows but Crytek and its partners , but its gotta be in late Alpha at least.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Killfox
[QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.Meu2k7

Its gone past alpha, if it only now entered alpha then thier officially release would be Winter not Fall.

Sweet. Thanks. I remember reading that. I feel dumb. O well. Bring on crysis.

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 baddog121390
[QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.Meu2k7

But then again some people are still saying Alpha .... truth is nobody knows but Crytek and its partners , but its gotta be in late Alpha at least.

Trust me, I've had this confirmed with both the owner of Crysis-Online, and the Crytek community manager (asked yesterday). If it was in beta we'd be playing it right now.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Meu2k7

Would also like to point out, that when he C4's the Tank in that video, it says "Objective Complete" ... one of the optional objectives? :)

Also, that vid, as said by CRY-Alex (main developer) on his forum, that was a DX9 video .... like holy **** I dont care If I cant max out Dx10 that was more than enough :D

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.baddog121390

Trust me, I've had this confirmed with both the owner of Crysis-Online, and the Crytek community manager (asked yesterday). If it was in beta we'd be playing it right now.

Ah ok then, .... but it only just entered? are you serious? :S

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Killfox"]

Around two weeks ago, but it shouldn't be long before they go into beta (sometime this month).
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Killfox"]I could have sworn. Hmm... Then one of you guys lied to me not knowing it. I could have sworn it was baddog or Meu2k7 that told me it was still pre alpha and just entering alpha. Ill try and see who told me it was. Because now i feel stupid because someone gave me false information. Not saying it was you guys but thats what i remember. Ill be right back.baddog121390

Around two weeks ago, but it shouldn't be long before they go into beta (sometime this month).

Oh, I thought Alpha was a pretty long stage, so theres still a chance for a September release do you reckon?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

yes...but it depends on how many things are wrong with the beta, and need fixing...sometimes I see a lot...sometimes a little....

like Quare Wars still needs some work to be a good game....but when I played the World In Conflict Beta....the game seemed almost completly ready to be shipped....I only encountered a few bugs...and the balance between ****s and Units seemed to be pretty good already...

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Killfox
I just want them to ship a good game even if it has very few bugs. I dont care. Wait so that was still DX9. I dont believe it.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#148 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
How does a pc games spell defeat on a console game? Your either a console player or a pc player. I'm a console player, I could care less about Crysis till it hits a console. Last PC game I've purchased was Doom 3 and Mist before that. Console only baby.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Killfox"]

Oh, I thought Alpha was a pretty long stage, so theres still a chance for a September release do you reckon?

The latest video's easter egg is supposedly a release date. It said Sept. 11th. I'll try and get a pic of it later.
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
What does Crysis have to do with killzone 2?ones on PC and ones on ps3. andhow do you know the cgi trailer wont look like gameplay, and how do you know halo 3 will have better gameplay... that much money and that many people and not a drop of info released on it, its going to be one of the best console FPS ever made.