Crysis has already spelled defeat for Killzone 2

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 pyoob
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
Ever really take the time to think about this? Crysis' gameplay looks better than CGI cutscene of Killzone 2. We all know that Killzone 2 won't actually look like the trailer, so therefore Killzone 2 has nothing toride on. Halo 3 will have unquestionably better gameplay, and Crysis will have indesputably better graphics. If there is one shooter to spend your money on this fall, make it either Crysis or Halo 3. Don't waste your money on the bland, overhyped and underwhelming Killzone 2. There is just so much more out there.
Mfals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mfals
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts
But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet.
sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts
Unless Crysis comes out on the PS3, it won't really be competing with Killzone.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

Crysis is a game for hermits that have an unlimited budget for their gaming PCs

Killzone2 is a game for gamers that have a limited budget for gaming (tho a bit of high budget compared to the x360)

Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts

Unless Crysis comes out on the PS3, it won't really be competing with Killzone.sneekite

Pretty much. If you have a PS3, may as well get KZ2.

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pyoob

Unless Crysis comes out on the PS3, it won't really be competing with Killzone.sneekite

Quick! Get some hermits in here! Alert the media! Oh... you don't realize what argument you just ressurected...

WhySoCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WhySoCry
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.
zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts

Ever really take the time to think about this? Crysis' gameplay looks better than CGI cutscene of Killzone 2. We all know that Killzone 2 won't actually look like the trailer, so therefore Killzone 2 has nothing toride on. Halo 3 will have unquestionably better gameplay, and Crysis will have indesputably better graphics. If there is one shooter to spend your money on this fall, make it either Crysis or Halo 3. Don't waste your money on the bland, overhyped and underwhelming Killzone 2. There is just so much more out there.pyoob

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Killzone2 is a game for gamers that have a limited budget for gaming (tho a bit of high budget compared to the x360)

CwlHeddwyn

I wouldnt call PS3 a budget gamer system ... its price is ridiculous for the lack of games it has, and the features, in comparison with a PC ...

The PS3 is a joke, if it was around the 360's price I'd consider it.... but nope, the price is retarded.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet. Mfals

LOL, there is a reason for that! :D

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Daytona_178
Amazing graphics, realistic physics, ragdoll physics & guns = A Fun Game!!!
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pyoob

Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.WhySoCry

For the past 6-7 years,which has consistently scored higher than Crytek's graphical monstrosities (monstrosities in a good way)

Mfals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mfals
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

[QUOTE="Mfals"]But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet. daytona_178

50 million$ and 2 years of hype it can't look that bad. right?

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="Mfals"]But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet. Mfals

.....well maybe the CGI trailer that they told overone was in game footage was just a mistake then. :D

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Daytona_178

It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.ironcreed

LOL, have you even looked at the needed system specs to run Crysis at max? Currently it looks like i could play it nearly maxed for about $900, and when its released and new line of CPU's and graphic cards will be out so itll be about $700 by then!

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

[QUOTE="WhySoCry"]Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.pyoob

For the past 6-7 years,which has consistently scored higher than Crytek's graphical monstrosities (monstrosities in a good way)

Do have any idea what your saying??? Me thinks you dont.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="Mfals"][QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="Mfals"]But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet. daytona_178

.....well maybe the CGI trailer that they told overone was in game footage was just a mistake then. :D

We can all wait just 6 more days to find out cant we? :P

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sneekite

[QUOTE="sneekite"]Unless Crysis comes out on the PS3, it won't really be competing with Killzone.pyoob

Quick! Get some hermits in here! Alert the media! Oh... you don't realize what argument you just ressurected...

I'm not sure exactly what argument you're referencing, but I'm guessing it has to do with people making gaming PC's to play Crysis instead of buying PS3's to play Killzone. I can see some people doing that, but not everyone plays shooters, and not everyone chooses which system to buy based on only one genre/game.

no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
Crysis is on PS3? COOL!
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ironcreed
Actually, TC....why just target KZ2? Afterall, Crysis will probably be superior to every shooter on the graphical front. So why don't you apply your comparison to every shooter? How do you figure that it should only be KZ2 that gets "owned" by Crysis and not any other shooter?
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="daytona_178"][QUOTE="Mfals"][QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="Mfals"]But they shown nothing from KZ2 yet. asdasd

We can all wait just 6 more days to find out cant we? :P

hmmmmm, cant wait!

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.WhySoCry

He's played both.

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pyoob
[QUOTE="pyoob"]

[QUOTE="WhySoCry"]Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.Killfox

Do have any idea what your saying??? Me thinks you dont.

Yeah, I've owned and beat both FarCry and FarCry: Instincts (they are extremely good BTW, don't get me wrong). Then I've owned and beat Halo: CE and Halo 2 (they are extremely better BTW). Me thinks that I do know what I'm talking about

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Meu2k7

It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.ironcreed

I guess thats directed at me, difference is , you dont just upgrade a PC for 1 game, or even GAMES, there are tons more uses that I use in every day life ... what about the PS3? 450 Quid for a blu ray player with good games coming out every 6 months? No thanks.

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pyoob

Actually, TC....why just target KZ2? Afterall, Crysis will probably be superior to every shooter on the graphical front. So why don't you apply your comparison to every shooter? How do you figure that it should only be KZ2 that gets "owned" by Crysis and not any other shooter?ironcreed

On the graphical front, Crysis owns. On the graphical front, Killzone 2 is hyped to own. Halo 3 is not.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trix5817

Crytek has only made 1 game, FarCry for the PC only, which was different than the console versions. It recieved a 9.2 from GS. Here's a direct quote from the review, "FarCry is the best singleplayer FPS experiance since the original Half Life." How high score is doesn't matter. The PC has standards. Go read GS's "About Our Rating System" page. There's your proof right there. Also, HL2 got a 9.2 and Halo2 got a 9.4, yet HL2 one GOTY.....

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sneekite

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.Meu2k7

I guess thats directed at me, difference is , you dont just upgrade a PC for 1 game, or even GAMES, there are tons more uses that I use in every day life ... what about the PS3? 450 Quid for a blu ray player with good games coming out every 6 months? No thanks.

To be fair, you can install linux on it. Not saying that makes up for the price tag, it's definitely still too expensive.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Daytona_178

[QUOTE="WhySoCry"]Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.trix5817

He's played both.

good point old chap!

NickJayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NickJayD
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
I think Killzone killed Killzone 2, I can't believe people are still hyping this trash series as some sort of PS3 saviour. IT BOMBED ON PS2, IT WAS CRAP
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trix5817

Because the only game that you can play on that PC is Crysis, right? The PS3 has VERY few games that interest me. So why would I buy one?

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ironcreed

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.daytona_178

LOL, have you even looked at the needed system specs to run Crysis at max? Currently it looks like i could play it nearly maxed for about $900, and when its released and new line of CPU's and graphic cards will be out so itll be about $700 by then!

Well, even still, lol. How is 600.00 for the PS3 a joke with all that it offers in one package, when you plan on paying 700.00 or so just to play Crysis on max? It is beyond hypocritical to say so, and do not try to tell me that it isn't. What the PS3 offers in one package for 600.00 is a hell of alot more of a better deal then paying 700.00 to spec out your PC for Crysis.;)

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pyoob
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="WhySoCry"]Halo 3 has better gameplay then Crysis? Give me a break.daytona_178

He's played both.

good point old chap!

lol.... I had the H3 beta, and I've watched plenty of Crysis gameplay movies (of which I was staring in awe at).

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trix5817
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.ironcreed

Well, even still, lol. How is 600.00 for the PS3 a joke with all that it offers in one package, when you plan on paying 700.00 or so just to play Crysis on max? It is beyond hypocritical to say so, and do not try to tell me that it isn't. What the PS3 offers in one package for 600.00 is a hell of alot more of a better deal then paying 700.00 to spec out your PC for Crysis.;)

You're saying a PS3 offers more than a PC? You can't be serious......

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.sneekite

To be fair, you can install linux on it. Not saying that makes up for the price tag, it's definitely still too expensive.

Yea , what annoys me Is I like the Playstation 3, Its just ... that price tag for a gaming machine (Thats still a limited experiance in comparison) is so pricey ... its just not worth it yet imo.

PS2 was half the price of this on release .... they went over the top this time.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 trix5817
[QUOTE="daytona_178"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

He's played both.

good point old chap!

lol.... I had the H3 beta, and I've watched plenty of Crysis gameplay movies (of which I was staring in awe at).

I could honestly care less about Halo3. It's more Halo. Even Jeff G said this. Crysis looks like it will be the more promising FPS, pushing the FPS genre forward. You've played the MP beta for Halo3 and only watched videos of Crysis (which I doubt), and claim Halo3 to be the better game? Yeah............riiiight.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]

Meu2k7

I wouldnt call PS3 a budget gamer system ... its price is ridiculous for the lack of games it has, and the features, in comparison with a PC ...

The PS3 is a joke, if it was around the 360's price I'd consider it.... but nope, the price is retarded.

ok well you're right- ill rephrase it to: Ps3 is an overpriced budget gamer system...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ironcreed

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.trix5817

Because the only game that you can play on that PC is Crysis, right? The PS3 has VERY few games that interest me. So why would I buy one?

You missed my point, friend. I never said that anyone had to buy one, lol. I simply said that I find it amusing that people say that paying 600.00 for the PS3 is a joke, when they plan on paying out more on their PC. Taste in games is irrelevant to my statement. It is just purely hypocritical to call the the price of the PS3 "a joke", when PC owners are paying out more than the price of the PS3 for a single upgrade.

pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pyoob

Trix

Yes, I have watched plenty of gameplay movies, and you haven't played the beta, so I think that I'm more of an expert on the situation than you are. Go away.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"][QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.trix5817

You're saying a PS3 offers more than a PC? You can't be serious......

I never said it offered more, so please do not put words in my mouth. For it's price with all that it includes, it is a better deal than a single PC upgrade which costs more.That is what I was trying to convey. I never said that it offered more than a PC in general, lol.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 trix5817

Trix

Yes, I have watched plenty of gameplay movies, and you haven't played the beta, so I think that I'm more of an expert on the situation than you are. Go away.

pyoob

More of an expert:lol: Ok, whatever you say. I've also watched gameplay videos of both. And Crysis looks like it will be the better experiance. And no, I'm not going away. Halo3 is just more Halo. Even Jeff G stated this. He's more of an "expert" than you, don't you think?

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="pyoob"]

Trix

trix5817

More of an expert:lol: Ok, whatever you say. I've also watched gameplay videos of both. And Crysis looks like it will be the better experiance. And no, I'm not going away. Halo3 is just more Halo. Even Jeff G stated this. He's more of an "expert" than you, don't you think?

I am an expert too, and I agree with you on this one trix, it is more of the same and even from watching the gameplay videos one can easily tell that it is more of the same.
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pyoob
[QUOTE="pyoob"]

Trix

trix5817

Did he ever say "more Halo" was a bad thing? No.

And from other websites, like IGN, they are going crazy about Halo 3. Not exact words but: "Looks like Bungie is ready to deliver a knockout multiplayer experience this time around."

Well I g2g, I'm gettin on R6:V (on 360 duh) with my homedawg. Goodbye

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="pyoob"]

Trix

pyoob

Did he ever say "more Halo" was a bad thing? No.

And from other websites, like IGN, they are going crazy about Halo 3. Not exact words but: "Looks like Bungie is ready to deliver a knockout multiplayer experience this time around."

Well I g2g, I'm gettin on R6:V (on 360 duh) with my homedawg. Goodbye

So hold on, you had a go a Cows saying "Theres so much more out there" and using Crysis vs Killzone ... but When Crysis is used against the most generic of all the next gen shooters .... you go defensive....

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Killfox
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]It is funny how people say that the PS3 is a joke because of it's $600.00 price tag when they plan to spend upwards somewhere close to around $1100.00 dollars just to play this one game, lol. Excuse me if I find the irony in that statement just a tad amusing.ironcreed

You missed my point, friend. I never said that anyone had to buy one, lol. I simply said that I find it amusing that people say that paying 600.00 for the PS3 is a joke, when they plan on paying out more on their PC. Taste in games is irrelevant to my statement. It is just purely hypocritical to call the the price of the PS3 "a joke", when PC owners are paying out more than the price of the PS3 for a single upgrade.

Wrong. Dead wrong. I would have never bought a my 360 if i didnt have a 50 inch plasma. Ive played a lot games on SDTV and was really not impressed. To really enjoy PS3 or 360. You need an HDTV. And dont and try tell me theres not that big of a difference because there is.So go and factor that into your price for a PS3.

tidus222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tidus222
Member since 2004 • 1452 Posts
it might if anyone actually cared about PC games PC IS DEAD
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Killfox

it might if anyone actually cared about PC games PC IS DEADtidus222

Wow keep the misconceptions coming buddy. You just keep telling yourself. (INSERTFALLACY BY ME HERE)thats what your sig should say.

Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

it might if anyone actually cared about PC games PC IS DEADtidus222

Sure it is no games are made for pc at all must be dead silly me i must imagine playing games on my pc.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Killfox

[QUOTE="tidus222"]it might if anyone actually cared about PC games PC IS DEADHolden1985

Sure it is no games are made for pc at all must be dead silly me i mush imagine playing games on my pc.

Yeah i only pretend im playing game son my PC since there are no games out right now. I just close my eyes and just imagine im playing STALKER.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
2007 is going to be an amazing year for FPS, andKillzone 2 hasn't been in the running for the top seed for a long time.