Cry On will be a fantastic rpg exclusive for the 360.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts

Cry On is an Action RPG currently in development by Mistwalker Studios and Artoon for the Xbox 360. The game's music is being composed by Nobuo Uematsu who is also writing music for Mistwalker's two other Xbox 360 RPGs: Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. No release date has been announced.

This Xbox 360 game is a joint project between Mistwalker and Artoon. The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy. Players will take control of main character Sally in this action adventure, working through scenarios that promise an emotional response.

Cry On takes place in a world where people live amongst giant sand creatures. Sally is in the company of one of them, a creature named Bogle, and fights alongside it. Although normally tiny, Bogle can transform into a giant beast to fight. He'll do so when Sally is in danger. The game promises to give players the perspective not just of Sally, but of Bogle as well. The game will play out with portions from both characters' perspectives.

Cry On features former Final Fantasy mastermind Hironobu Sakaguchi as producer and scenario writer, with composing partner Nobuo Uematsu's music.

And yes this is one of the three games sakaguchi said he would make for the 360 exclusivley.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Cry On is an Action RPG currently in development by Mistwalker Studios and Artoon for the Xbox 360. The game's music is being composed by Nobuo Uematsu who is also writing music for Mistwalker's two other Xbox 360 RPGs: Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. No release date has been announced.

This Xbox 360 game is a joint project between Mistwalker and Artoon. The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy. Players will take control of main character Sally in this action adventure, working through scenarios that promise an emotional response.

Cry On takes place in a world where people live amongst giant sand creatures. Sally is in the company of one of them, a creature named Bogle, and fights alongside it. Although normally tiny, Bogle can transform into a giant beast to fight. He'll do so when Sally is in danger. The game promises to give players the perspective not just of Sally, but of Bogle as well. The game will play out with portions from both characters' perspectives.

Cry On features former Final Fantasy mastermind Hironobu Sakaguchi as producer and scenario writer, with composing partner Nobuo Uematsu's music.

And yes this is one of the three games sakaguchi said he would make for the 360 exclusivley.

xjet039
I know, but wait until there are actual screenshots and more info before saying it is going to be a great game.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
remind me.....is this game being published by microsoft? No. Is mistwalker an inhouse-microsoft developer? No. Did he ever say this would be 1 of the 3 games exclusive to the 360? No. This game isn't being published by microsoft, so while nothing has been hinted/said about it going to the PS3....it is possible.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
There is something exactly liek Cry On for the PC called White something.................. Oh well I have no idea.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
There is something exactly liek Cry On for the PC called White something.................. Oh well I have no idea.Vandalvideo
Uh oh! It's not exclusive! Oh no, lets have a big debate about the word exclusive now!
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
They also have Manabu Kusunoki working on the art-direction/design (Panzer Dragoon saga/orta)
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is something exactly liek Cry On for the PC called White something.................. Oh well I have no idea.Mudig
Uh oh! It's not exclusive! Oh no, lets have a big debate about the word exclusive now!

What are you talking about? Cry-on and white (gold?) are totally diferent games.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
What's its battle system ? I haven't heard much from the game in a while....
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
[QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is something exactly liek Cry On for the PC called White something.................. Oh well I have no idea.Vandalvideo

What are you talking about? Cry-on and white (gold?) are totally diferent games.

Eh for one second they are exactly the same and the next they are totally different. SW is weird.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xjet039

remind me.....is this game being published by microsoft? No. Is mistwalker an inhouse-microsoft developer? No. Did he ever say this would be 1 of the 3 games exclusive to the 360? No. This game isn't being published by microsoft, so while nothing has been hinted/said about it going to the PS3....it is possible. Infinatey

yes he did say its an xbox 360 exclusive "Sakaguchi-San and his new studio, Mistwalker, will be creating at least three exclusive RPG's for the Xbox 360 and only on the Xbox 360. With Blue Dragon showing up this Christmas, and Lost Odyssey and Cry On in the next few years. "

http://www.deeko.com/xbox_360/previewDetail.asp?id=692

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is something exactly liek Cry On for the PC called White something.................. Oh well I have no idea.Mudig

Eh for one second they are exactly the same and the next they are totally different. SW is weird.

Like is not is.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="Infinatey"]remind me.....is this game being published by microsoft? No. Is mistwalker an inhouse-microsoft developer? No. Did he ever say this would be 1 of the 3 games exclusive to the 360? No. This game isn't being published by microsoft, so while nothing has been hinted/said about it going to the PS3....it is possible. xjet039

yes he did say its an xbox 360 exclusive "Sakaguchi-San and his new studio, Mistwalker, will be creating at least three exclusive RPG's for the Xbox 360 and only on the Xbox 360. With Blue Dragon showing up this Christmas, and Lost Odyssey and Cry On in the next few years. "

http://www.deeko.com/xbox_360/previewDetail.asp?id=692

Hay! If it isn't my friends, DMC4 and the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
I've seen concept art of Cry-on and it looks nice, i suspect it will be cel-shaded more then likely.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xjet039

What's its battle system ? I haven't heard much from the game in a while....kage_53

itll probably be like action rpg.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 too_much_eslim
remind me.....is this game being published by microsoft? No. Is mistwalker an inhouse-microsoft developer? No. Did he ever say this would be 1 of the 3 games exclusive to the 360? No. This game isn't being published by microsoft, so while nothing has been hinted/said about it going to the PS3....it is possible. Infinatey
He said he his not going to make a game for the PS3 because it is difficult, so while in theory it is possible, it is just not going ot happen. Also he said he just doesn't like the PS3 architecture.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xjet039

Isn't it by the same people who made Bullet Witch? >_>PannicAtack

god no it isnt thankfully.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vandalvideo
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]PannicAtack
Which did medicority to a tee. I love my boobs, babes, and explosions as much as any man. Thats why I loved Bullet Witch.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Isn't it by the same people who made Bullet Witch? >_>PannicAtack
No. :? Makers of Blue dragon.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Isn't it by the same people who made Bullet Witch? >_>xjet039

Hence, the deletion of the post. >_>
Liquid_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Liquid_47
Member since 2003 • 4905 Posts

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.

Subliminally Emo.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Yes, but extremely slim. Mistwalker founder Hironobu Sakaguchi already said the PS3 was a mess to program for, so I'd be surprised if they made any of these games for the PS3.  

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.Liquid_47

Subliminally Emo.

God I tire of that word. Crying in general is now "emo" to some people *shakes head*

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="xjet039"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Isn't it by the same people who made Bullet Witch? >_>white_sox

Are there two Cry Ons(?), because Cavia must also be doing one. Look at the upcoming games here . 

Cavia was going to develop it, but mistwalker decided to switch studios and let artoon do it.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Liquid_47"]

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.-RPGamer-

Subliminally Emo.

God I tire of that word. Crying in general is now "emo" to some people *shakes head*

emo...........tional
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_47"]

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.Vandalvideo

Subliminally Emo.

emo...........tional

Emotion in general is seen as "emo" by some people, it seems sometimes. I'm not going to be surprised if one day, someone refers to literature like Les Miserables as "emo." >_>
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
Hell, it's Sakaguchi, it's bound to be good.   I'm buying an Xbox just because of Sakaguchi/MistWalker.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_47"]

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.PannicAtack

Subliminally Emo.

emo...........tional

Emotion in general is seen as "emo" by some people, it seems sometimes. I'm not going to be surprised if one day, someone refers to literature like Les Miserables as "emo." >_>

May aparthy rain supreme in a godless anarchy.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_47"]

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.Vandalvideo

Subliminally Emo.

emo...........tional

Except the words "emo" and "emotional" are not used in the same way. Emo tending to be the new "trend", while the word emotional being what that supposed trend is based on. Being emotional != emo.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_47"]

The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy.-RPGamer-

Subliminally Emo.

emo...........tional

Except the words "emo" and "emotional" are not used in the same way. Emo tending to be the new "trend", while the word emotional being what that supposed trend is based on. Being emotional != emo.

Oh I know, it was a really subtle word play to show the origin of the trend and why the general public are so against it. It seems apathy is the new quo-culture.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i heard about that a little while ago, and that's a major reason why i plan on getting a 360. hopefully by the end of the year i'll have a 360 elite:D