Crane Operator: Now with Gerstmann Approval!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 rvcontre
Member since 2002 • 2834 Posts
Crane Operator You play a murderous crane operator who sits in his crane all day killing people by luring them onto his hook and them raising them up in the air and then dropping them. CO: Good day, sir! Would you like to ride on my crane? You can see a very far good distance from up there. S: Why thank you, gentle crane operator. I will step onto the hook right now to allow you to hoist me up into the air. CO: See what a great view it is? Now I will drop you. Haha! S: Oh dear, you've killed me! You've killed me! I'm falling to my death! I'm about to hit the ground and die from it! CO: My my, what a horrible incident. ---- See, getting the first victim would be easy but the next would be more difficult because of the dead body lying at the foot of the crane. CO: Hello, you there! How would like to ride my crane and see a great good distance? YT: Why, I'm not sure I trust you. There is a dead man at the foot of your crane and I surmise that he has been dropped there by you. CO: Oh but why would I do that? I am just a crane operator who likes to help people see far distances from a great high distance. YT: Well that is judicious enough. I will ride on your hook being that you can promise me with the no dropping! CO: Of course. Please ride on my hook and see into the great far distances! Haha, now that you are up there I will drop you! YT: Curse you! You have fooled me! You have fooled me to death! ---- So each time you kill someone the difficulty ramps up. Man that would be a great game. And then you can have bosses like certain authority figures. CO: Hello there. You look like a fellow who would like a fantastic ride on my incredible crane. O: Actually, my dear crane operator, I am a man of the law. A man of the peace and I have been sent here to investigate several murders today. CO: Cor blimey! Isn't that a tragedy of the highest degree. A terrible, terrible, thing isn't it? A murder. A life snuffed out of existence before its time. Tis' a shame. O: Yes, it is. I've noticed that you have about two bodies lying at the foot of this particular crane. Are you sir a murderer? CO: No, I am just a provider! A provider of a great fun thrill. O: I'm not going to fall for that! I am thought going to shoot you for the murder of these two poor saps. CO: Well before you do that would you like to ride on my crane? Perhaps you could get a better crack at me from the great good heights that I can provide. O: Oh well. That is a good idea. I will fall for that. Let me see here. Let me wipe the blood off the hook for it is mighty slippery. Wait a moment how did blood get on the hooks if people have fallen off of them to their deaths? CO: Well, you see there officer. The last poor bloke. I wiped his blood onto the hook for a more dramatic look. O: Ah, yes well I see that is a strange murderous characteristic isn't it? Well nevermind. Let me onto the hook now, foul villain! CO: Aha, yes I'm lifting you up to a great good height now aren't I. Yes, completely in the progress of the lifting. O: Now I am at the top height. Now you're dropping me! You've fooled me. You've fooled a proper authority figure. You won't get away with this. Others will come in my stead. Others will come and try to arrest you and some of them will succeed. CO: Haha your body has slattered like anyone else! I have beaten a police officer with only my great intellect and a thirty foot drop. No one can catch me! ---- Oh man, so many good ideas for this game! --- Also, at later levels it gets harder and harder to trick people because the pile of bodies at the bottom of your crane. CO: Ah me. What a fantastic day to be a crane operator. Today I have already dropped three people to their destinies. PF: Oy, you there! You're that awful cur that has been dropping people to their deaths premature like! CO: Yes, that is me. How did you come to know that? PF: Well then. I am a professor with the intelligence of a thousand gorillas! And in doing so I've come across a few newspapers in my life. And in one of them, today's actually, there was a right proper article about a murderous crane operator and I suspect that you are him. In fact I have a stronger feeling than just suspicion since there are three bodies at the foot your crane. One of them being an officer of the laws! CO: I am quite proud of that one, I am. Even more astounding would be to fool a giant of intellect such as yourself. PF: Ah, but that is where you are going to fail. There is no way I am going to get on to your crane for you see I am afraid of a great good height and am not interested in seeing a great good distance. CO: Ah, I see. Well then what if I were only to raise the crane to a height of ten feet? PF: Oh well then I don't see any problem with that. There is no way that I could gather enough velocity for a fatal fall from a mere ten feet. Well then good sir, please. lift me up before you go, go. CO: There I've seen that you have already climbed upon my hook. Now I am lifting you up. PF: Ah yes, ten feet. Not very high and dangerous at all. CO: But this where I've fooled you! I will now raise it up even higher haha. PF: Oh dear, you have tricked me vile crane operator. Your powers of persuasion have felled me! CO: Yes, indeed. And now that you are at the top I will drop you to your ignorant death. PF: Yes, you are dropping me! What a cruel fate for such an intelligent person to be dropped to their death from a great good height. You are certainly an worthy adversary. I accept my demise with a right proper good bandy. What a fool I am for having wasted my life reading books and becoming knowledeable about medicine when I should have been reading about falling to my own death! With that knowledge I could have avoided this situation! CO: Now it is too late. You are falling to your death and all you have to show for it is a good job, immense knowledge of pharmacology, a loving family, and a devastatingly dead body. ---------- The possibilities are endless!
salamisandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 salamisandwich
Member since 2004 • 3725 Posts
ooook.
chairguru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chairguru22
Member since 2003 • 1980 Posts
im hyping AAA
Kruza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kruza
Member since 2003 • 7523 Posts
im hyping AAAchairguru22
lol
billyea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 billyea
Member since 2005 • 6153 Posts
EXCLUSIVE GAME FOR FLOPPED SYSTEMS!
FierceCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FierceCandy
Member since 2004 • 3745 Posts
I read the first sentence!
billyea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 billyea
Member since 2005 • 6153 Posts
I read the first sentence! FierceCandy

and lost interest..
mgszelda1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 mgszelda1
Member since 2004 • 7286 Posts
That's not a game, that's a mini game within a game.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
Nice idea for a thread, change of pace so to say, but the content leaves much to be desired.
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts

That's not a game, that's a mini game within a game.mgszelda1

OWNED

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rvcontre
You're just not seeing the big picture. This game will be bigger than Halo 2!
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
That idea isnt really good at all.
Avatar image for Pillsburyhitman
Pillsburyhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Pillsburyhitman
Member since 2005 • 2347 Posts
This would be an AWESOME addition to the Gizmondo library.
Bone_Crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bone_Crusher
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet game! Lure suckers to ride your craine, only to drop them to their doom.    
2 questions. What would you call it? and How do those guys say so much before they die?
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rvcontre
Thats a pretty sweet game! Lure suckers to ride your craine, only to drop them to their doom.    
2 questions. What would you call it? and How do those guys say so much before they die?Bone_Crusher
It's called Crane Operator. I don't think they're saying that much before they die. They're falling a good thirty feet. : )
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rvcontre
[QUOTE="Pillsburyhitman"]This would be an AWESOME addition to the Gizmondo library.

Gizmondo?
TargetDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 TargetDog
Member since 2003 • 10076 Posts

reality: noone cares.

Avatar image for 207814081221480175097949559421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 207814081221480175097949559421
Member since 2005 • 5384 Posts
[QUOTE="FierceCandy"]I read the first sentence! billyea

and lost interest..

xboxer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xboxer51
Member since 2005 • 2445 Posts

EXCLUSIVE GAME FOR FLOPPED SYSTEMS!billyea

*coughpspcough*

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
Wow.....my unfinished game idea is better than that....
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rvcontre

TargetDog
Who is noone? Do you think he will publish my game if he likes it so much?
TargetDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 TargetDog
Member since 2003 • 10076 Posts
[QUOTE="TargetDog"]

rvcontre

the real people who can make it happen wont listen, unless of course the thread creator decides to make a flash game.

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="rvcontre"][QUOTE="TargetDog"]

TargetDog

the real people who can make it happen wont listen, unless of course the thread creator decides to make a flash game.

In another thread, he said since the PS3 didn't show at CES, Sony might have canned it.....

Doesn't sound like he has the mind to make even a flash game.

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rvcontre
[QUOTE="rvcontre"][QUOTE="TargetDog"]

TargetDog

No. A flash game won't cut it. There needs to be some great new AI for this game.
DrowningFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 DrowningFish
Member since 2005 • 2444 Posts
o.0
Avatar image for LegendOfRiddlin
LegendOfRiddlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LegendOfRiddlin
Member since 2005 • 5293 Posts
Thats a retarded concept for a game. 50 Cent: Bulletproof>>>>>>>>>>>>>E.T.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your game
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rvcontre
Wow.....my unfinished game idea is better than that....-Zaku-
How do you know?
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Zaku-

[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]Wow.....my unfinished game idea is better than that....rvcontre
How do you know?

It's my opinion.....

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rvcontre

[QUOTE="rvcontre"][QUOTE="-Zaku-"]Wow.....my unfinished game idea is better than that....-Zaku-

How do you know?

It's my opinion.....

Prove it.
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rvcontre
Perhaps no one has read all of my idea. It's kind of like The Sixth Sense.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Zaku-

WAR: OPERATION FENRIR

Story:

‘WAR: Operation Fenrir’ takes place in the near future following the recent declaration of war against the United Allied Nations (UAN) by the ‘Sons of Xerell’, a cluster of colonies that are tired of being restricted to space.  With recent guerilla attacks on supply transports, the ‘Sons of Xerell’ have been steadily acquiring enough munitions and supplies to finally fight back against the UAN and claim Earth for the colonies.  Immediately after the declaration, the UAN dispatched their forces to the colonies nearest to Earth so they could secure a defensive line between Earth and an oncoming assault from any Xerell forces.  During this preparation for war, the UAN attempted to convince neighboring and neutral colonies to either join its forces or remain neutral and supply them with needed supplies.  The UAN intercepts a encrypted transmission from to the Xerell and finds out that a stronghold is on a nearby planet.  This is where you begin the game…

Gameplay:

‘WAR: Operation Fenrir’ places you in the boots of an average soldier in a squad that you get to customize.  Your squad will consist of 11 characters plus yourself (a total of 12) that will accompany you at all times unless you order them to hold a position.

Customizing Your Soldier – You can customize the face (age, hair color, eye color, height, body type, tattoos, etc.) of your soldier to make him truly unique to your experience.  Your custom character can then be used online in the multiplayer campaign or multiplayer matches.

Your Squad – You are given the choice of loading out your squads equipment from the start.  This allows you to bring enough firepower if you need it or certain soldier types to help you in a bad situation (getting pinned down too much so bring a sniper).

Giving Orders On The Field – While on the battlefield, you are given a number of commands that will help you and others survive longer.

·         Covering Fire: All surrounding NPCs within range will give you covering fire by targeting and suppressing any nearby enemies.

·         Hold Position: Tells a few surrounding NPCs to hold and set up a perimeter around the immediate area by covering all accessible directions.

·         Move Up:  NPCs will move up and attempt to take an area to help further the movement of your forces.

·         Spread Out: NPC allies will space out but stay in visual range of each other.

·         Keep It Tight: NPC allies will keep close to you and move in a military formation that covers your rear and sides.

Medic & Recovery System –

·         Fallen soldiers can be saved.  Not all soldiers will die immediately after taking a few to the chest or any other body part so when you see them go down, check to see if they are still alive.  If you see a fallen comrade on the battlefield who is moaning for help, give him a hand and get him to safety.  Depending on their wounds, you will have to carry them to safety in different ways which may also hamper your ability to fight back at the time.

Like I said, it's unfinished.  It's supposed to mix FPS and RTS elements but I haven't had the time to work on it.  Might do so this weekend or later tonight....

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rvcontre

Story:

‘WAR: Operation Fenrir’ takes place in the near future following the recent declaration of war against the United Allied Nations (UAN) by the ‘Sons of Xerell’, a cluster of colonies that are tired of being restricted to space.  With recent guerilla attacks on supply transports, the ‘Sons of Xerell’ have been steadily acquiring enough munitions and supplies to finally fight back against the UAN and claim Earth for the colonies.  Immediately after the declaration, the UAN dispatched their forces to the colonies nearest to Earth so they could secure a defensive line between Earth and an oncoming assault from any Xerell forces.  During this preparation for war, the UAN attempted to convince neighboring and neutral colonies to either join its forces or remain neutral and supply them with needed supplies.  The UAN intercepts a encrypted transmission from to the Xerell and finds out that a stronghold is on a nearby planet.  This is where you begin the game…

Gameplay:

‘WAR: Operation Fenrir’ places you in the boots of an average soldier in a squad that you get to customize.  Your squad will consist of 11 characters plus yourself (a total of 12) that will accompany you at all times unless you order them to hold a position.

Customizing Your Soldier – You can customize the face (age, hair color, eye color, height, body type, tattoos, etc.) of your soldier to make him truly unique to your experience.  Your custom character can then be used online in the multiplayer campaign or multiplayer matches.

Your Squad – You are given the choice of loading out your squads equipment from the start.  This allows you to bring enough firepower if you need it or certain soldier types to help you in a bad situation (getting pinned down too much so bring a sniper).

Giving Orders On The Field – While on the battlefield, you are given a number of commands that will help you and others survive longer.

·         Covering Fire: All surrounding NPCs within range will give you covering fire by targeting and suppressing any nearby enemies.

·         Hold Position: Tells a few surrounding NPCs to hold and set up a perimeter around the immediate area by covering all accessible directions.

·         Move Up:  NPCs will move up and attempt to take an area to help further the movement of your forces.

·         Spread Out: NPC allies will space out but stay in visual range of each other.

·         Keep It Tight: NPC allies will keep close to you and move in a military formation that covers your rear and sides.

·         Fallen soldiers can be saved.  Not all soldiers will die immediately after taking a few to the chest or any other body part so when you see them go down, check to see if they are still alive.  If you see a fallen comrade on the battlefield who is moaning for help, give him a hand and get him to safety.  Depending on their wounds, you will have to carry them to safety in different ways which may also hamper your ability to fight back at the time.

Like I said, it's unfinished.  It's supposed to mix FPS and RTS elements but I haven't had the time to work on it.  Might do so this weekend or later tonight....

-Zaku-
My game is ground breaking. It's revolutionary. People have never seen anything like it. Your game is a Brother in Arms knock off.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

Story:

Gameplay:

rvcontre

My game is ground breaking. It's revolutionary. People have never seen anything like it. Your game is a Brother in Arms knock off.

Not that I've played BIA and seeing as it is unfinished, it's amazing you got that from that.

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rvcontre
[QUOTE="rvcontre"][QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

Story:

Gameplay:

-Zaku-

Not that I've played BIA and seeing as it is unfinished, it's amazing you got that from that.

Ask anybody in this forum which idea is more innovative.
shotgunjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shotgunjunkie
Member since 2004 • 5268 Posts
Oh, how I long for the indifferent smiley.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Zaku-

Ask anybody in this forum which idea is more innovative.rvcontre

So now we're shooting for innovation?  Dropping people from cranes is innovative?

rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rvcontre

[QUOTE="rvcontre"]Ask anybody in this forum which idea is more innovative.-Zaku-

So now we're shooting for innovation?  Dropping people from cranes is innovative?

Yes, of course! And it's incredibly fun and sensual.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Zaku-

Oh, how I long for the indifferent smiley.shotgunjunkie

I miss the smilies too...

madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
I believe that's Half-Life 2. It's a little different but same principal. Pick up cargo containers and drop them on people.
shotgunjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shotgunjunkie
Member since 2004 • 5268 Posts

[QUOTE="shotgunjunkie"]Oh, how I long for the indifferent smiley.-Zaku-

Hold me.

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

[QUOTE="shotgunjunkie"]Oh, how I long for the indifferent smiley.shotgunjunkie

Hold me.

<_<

>_>

*holds*

redrocksout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 redrocksout
Member since 2003 • 11961 Posts
I'm actually trying to work on one with some friends of mine that work in design and audio for Rockstar. :)

Of course, it isnt a "Rockstar-ish" game, but theyre the only people I know thatd get this game up and running in a few years if everything works out....

cant wait.
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rvcontre
[QUOTE="mgszelda1"]That's not a game, that's a mini game within a game.madcapper248
I believe that's Half-Life 2. It's a little different but same principal. Pick up cargo containers and drop them on people.

You're not thinking hard enough. What happens in HL2 is that you have to drop the boxes on people by putting the boxes above the people then dropping them. That is a sort of targeting skill. With Crane Operator: Shadow of the Operator, you have to kill people by persuading people to get on the crane. It's not about hand-eye coordination it's about manipulating the mind. It's just ingenious!
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Zaku-

I'm actually trying to work on one with some friends of mine that work in design and audio for Rockstar. :)

Of course, it isnt a "Rockstar-ish" game, but theyre the only people I know thatd get this game up and running in a few years if everything works out....

cant wait.
redrocksout

Do you know what genre it will be?

Avatar image for Pillsburyhitman
Pillsburyhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Pillsburyhitman
Member since 2005 • 2347 Posts
[QUOTE="madcapper248"][QUOTE="mgszelda1"]That's not a game, that's a mini game within a game.rvcontre

You're not thinking hard enough. What happens in HL2 is that you have to drop the boxes on people by putting the boxes above the people then dropping them. That is a sort of targeting skill. With Crane Operator: Shadow of the Operator, you have to kill people by persuading people to get on the crane. It's not about hand-eye coordination it's about manipulating the mind. It's just ingenious!

Sounds like a watered-down Dark Side game of Knights of the Old Republic. Sorry, it should just be a Sith minigame, nothing more.
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rvcontre
[QUOTE="Pillsburyhitman"]
[QUOTE="madcapper248"][QUOTE="mgszelda1"]That's not a game, that's a mini game within a game.rvcontre

Sounds like a watered-down Dark Side game of Knights of the Old Republic. Sorry, it should just be a Sith minigame, nothing more.

To make it a mini-game would do it such injustice. It will revolutionize how gamers interact with NPCs. Plus it will involve twenty-seven buttons.
redrocksout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redrocksout
Member since 2003 • 11961 Posts

[QUOTE="redrocksout"]I'm actually trying to work on one with some friends of mine that work in design and audio for Rockstar. :)

cant wait.
-Zaku-

let's just say there's going to be A LOT of thinking involved, but it's not necessarily a puzzle game, and there'll be sneaking around, but it's not necessarily a stealth game... and it well be as close to realistic as possible in terms of gameplay...
rvcontre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rvcontre
[QUOTE="redrocksout"]

[QUOTE="redrocksout"]I'm actually trying to work on one with some friends of mine that work in design and audio for Rockstar. :)

cant wait.
-Zaku-

let's just say there's going to be A LOT of thinking involved, but it's not necessarily a puzzle game, and there'll be sneaking around, but it's not necessarily a stealth game... and it well be as close to realistic as possible in terms of gameplay...

That sounds like my game.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

cant wait.
redrocksout

Sounds great.  I'm gonna go refine my idea(s) after BSG, SG:SG-1, and SG:A are over.