Chris Dring at GDC :Xbox sales flatlining in Europe,majority of Xbox games coming to PS5,MS putting less focus on GP

• 68 results
loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1046 Posts

Chris actually is generous about wording Xbox sales in Europe. It is totally catastrophic actually.

With Xbox, I've heard from a very prominent company and one not so prominent that Xbox's performance in Europe is flatlining. You can follow our monthly coverage in the games market and you can see Xbox's sales are falling and it's fell all throughout last year and it's falling even harder this year.

The major company who released a big game last year said they don't know why they bother supporting it. We've mentioned in a previous podcast that retailers are considering or have began cutting back Xbox stock on their shelves, hardware & games... and now you've got third-party publishers going: "We're putting a lot of effort into creating an Xbox Series S/X version of a game where to be honest with you the market for us is PC and PS5"

And with Xbox putting some of the games on PS5, I understand the majority of them will be coming across at some point, assuming, you know, it progresses as Xbox believes it probably will. I think Xbox is in real trouble as a hardware manufacturer. And that was the thing that came out of GDC for me, because I always just thought, I've always been of the belief that it is the Game Pass delivery system, it's got a good UI, it's got a good controller, if you like Xbox games it's probably the best way to play them, etc. I thought it would be fine but then I didn't really factor in that some developers and publishers might just go, yeah I don't, you know, is there any point? And that is when you can lose it.

I was watching Michael Pachter's podcast and he was talking about how it's all about GamePass for Xbox, yet I've actually been hearing that Microsoft's been putting less focus on GamePass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

This is what happens when your entire gaming life is focused on Xbox and you don't realize the platform you are championing is not releasing games until mid next year.😂

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loudheadphones

@Pedro said:

This is what happens when your entire gaming life is focused on Xbox and you don't realize the platform you are championing is not releasing games until mid next year.😂

Poor brainwashed Xbox child. Btw, bought Ronin and preordered Stellar Blade, yes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

Poor brainwashed Xbox child. Btw, bought Ronin and preordered Stellar Blade, yes.

If I were you I wouldn't be bragging about purchasing trash.🤭

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6041 Posts

Never heard of him. This reads as some guy just giving his opinion. Did I miss something?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By loudheadphones
@Pedro said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

We will see how you will act and which crap you will spew when Xbox GTFO from console business.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I must say, I find this incredibly concerning. 🤔

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1248 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I must say, I find this incredibly concerning. 🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@loudheadphones said:

We will see how you will act and which crap you will spew when Xbox GTFO from console business.

It wouldn't matter to me if they remain or exit. Consoles have stagnated and you are still fighting in a war that has lost relevance.🤭

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2451 Posts

@Pedro said:
@loudheadphones said:

It wouldn't matter to me if they remain or exit. Consoles have stagnated and you are still fighting in a war that has lost relevance.🤭

The war hasn’t lost relevance. The folks that have been backing the loser are just running out of gas. As Xbox fanatics have tried to redefine the terms of the war, they’ve failed to pick a metric that Xbox is “winning.” So the Xbots are trying to quit the war, claiming it’s over. But ANYTIME Xbox does ANYTHING remotely positive in market performance, Xbots are throwing victory parties. If y‘all want out of the war then get out. Continuing to post on System Wars, defending a flailing brand at every turn doesn’t exactly send the message that you’re out of the war however…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@ghostofgolden: You have been acknowledged.🤭

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11092 Posts

This is wild because Chris used to run defense for Xbox back when the brand was just KIND of underperforming, so you know things have gone to shit when he's spilling the beans.

I certainly believe that some publishers are complaining about ports for Xbox being a waste of their time. That's why MS are bankrolling some third party ports themselves. It doesn't make financial sense to continue doing business this way.

MS may be finding a map to ease out of hardware sooner than later

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

How is everyone's personal opinion news?

Because it aligns with your wishes or views?

🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@navyguy21 said:

How is everyone's personal opinion news?

Because it aligns with your wishes or views?

🤔

Yep!😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8063 Posts

Xbox is doomed..

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

It's kinda wild what a difference a few percentage points of interest makes. Just a few years ago they were in a fever pitch of spending wayy too much money on aquisitions. Now it feels like both companies gaming divions are total failures with bleak futures. Kinda sad really.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin

@Antwan3K said:

Xbox is doomed..

Well, yeah.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Nobody wants the system. Why is it so difficult for some to understand? Games on the Box look worse, run worse and all their titles are made for GP in mind, which are low effort. Not very enticing tbh.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@Naylord said:

It's kinda wild what a difference a few percentage points of interest makes. Just a few years ago they were in a fever pitch of spending wayy too much money on aquisitions. Now it feels like both companies gaming divions are total failures with bleak futures. Kinda sad really.

tbh sony buy of bungie... was way to much.

then so so many dam remake. but but exlcives sale.... no, no they dont. it been shown with sales number, 95% of them dont. the 5 % that do is what people bring up about that with at drive console. when you look at it a whole. that does not ether.

game dev has balloon in such a way. if gov cant sub tax etc... it wont turn a profit at any lvl( but but. most games sell poorly due to sheer number of them on the market).

second look at video content. the same problem.

this is on top of both sector pipe lines can trace back the whole dev cycle and framework over 30 plus years ago.

it comes down to the old

x86 problem.

the core architecture is from 1978

hell look how most phot shop,adobe etc.

people buy hot key pads..... due to ui still

from the 1987.

it duck tap indrusty that need to be complete re built from ground up...

dont even get me started how their still no dam 4k standard for video content. like 2k.. to this day...

yeah man many sector now are so house of cards.... it bad like alarming bad.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15922 Posts

Its understandable. Minecraft on vita sold a million in Japan and overall sold really well on PS and Nintendo. Activision IP like yearly CoD sells a lot on PS, Overwatch and Diablo on multiple platforms. Very hard for Phil to justify why Xbox needs to stay exclusive when non Xbox platforms brings big revenue. More profits means more bonus for staff I am sure lots of internal xbox/ms mid level managers pushing for it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Their will be uproar if ms doesn't put effort into gamepass. It's their biggest feature over the competition if you can call it that anymore.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Equivalent to...

Some person on SW says Xbox is doomed... Dooomed they tellz ya.

More fake news at 11:00. lol :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@last_lap said:

Never heard of him. This reads as some guy just giving his opinion. Did I miss something?

I have never heard of him either.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen  Online

With every failure, MS is one step closer to saying **** it, and go full third party. THis is when dabear goes full Sony Lover.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts
@Pedro said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

Whats coming on Xbox?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@vatususreturns said:

Whats coming on Xbox?

Look at their first party preview for 2024 video. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:

Nobody wants the system. Why is it so difficult for some to understand? Games on the Box look worse, run worse and all their titles are made for GP in mind, which are low effort. Not very enticing tbh.

So, MS make games with GP in mind.

While

Sony doesn't make games, period lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

While

That is exactly what's happening. Sony is afk this generation. MS is trying their hardest, literally offering "free" $70 game, and are still loosing 3:1😂I mean what kind of an unsuccessful company does that?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

While

That is exactly what's happening. Sony is afk this generation. MS is trying their hardest, literally offering "free" $70 game, and are still loosing 3:1😂I mean what kind of an unsuccessful company does that?

Sony is a cult, no games and still sells PS5's by the bucket load. We might have to change it from cows to the indoctrinated.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

While

Sony is a cult, no games and still sells PS5's by the bucket load. We might have to change it from cows to the indoctrinated.

Its not my fault Xbox hasn't been great sine 2011, so forget about it having any kind of cults, nobody cares about the damn system.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Is it the same way you don't care about the PS5 and traded it in for germy hermy parts?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 loudheadphones

@last_lap said:

Since you don't know who Chris Dring is... Yes, you are missing a lot then

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Last_Lap

@loudheadphones: Not by the looks of it. From just looking at that, it's just some random guy with an opinion and what he "hears from other people"

I simply don't care who he is, he's just like any other YT looking for clicks from people who sit on the internet looking for something bad to get excited over. Boy you seem to get sucked into this a LOT.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1051 Posts
@last_lap said:

@loudheadphones: From just looking at that, it's just some random guy with an opinion and what he "hears from other people"

[...]

people who sit on the internet looking for something bad to get excited over. Boy you seem to get sucked into this a LOT.

Sounds a bit like SW

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15922 Posts

@girlusocrazy:

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin

@last_lap said:

What are you talking about no games? So far PS5 has several games that you can't play on Xbox right now in their corner. Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, Granblue Fantasy Relink and more. And PS5 sales are still strong. This narrative doesn't work, straight up

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Last_Lap

@BenjaminBanklin: Ah so when the Xbox had no first party games and relied on third party you cows were like Xbox has no games.

Now Sony's own devs have no games, but now third party matters, you cows really need to stick to one narrative.

#thirdpartystation5

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Is it the same way you don't care about the PS5 and traded it in for germy hermy parts?

As i have told you many times, i adore my playstation 5. It ain't going anywhere.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You adore it sooooooooo much that you're playing Dragons Dogmeh 2 on it....oh wait, my bad it was Baldurs Gate 3...oh wait my bad it was...Diablo 4...oh wait...adore isn't the word I think you're looking for, loathe sounds more appropriate 🤣🤣🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@last_lap said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Ah so when the Xbox had no first party games and relied on third party you cows were like Xbox has no games.

Now Sony's own devs have no games, but now third party matters, you cows really need to stick to one narrative.

#thirdpartystation5

The average gamer doesn't care where a game comes from, just where they can play them. No one sane is going over a list wondering if a game they want to play is owned by a platform holder or not. Xbox Series didn't have much in the way of "exclusives" in the first three years of its existence, and Xbots demanded that we buy it for Game Pass alone. It didn't have "no games", it just didn't really have big must have games that separated itself from the competition.

On top of that, Xbox is still day and date with ALL their 1st party titles on PC, a market that emerged faster than expected among casuals. Xbox already had trouble selling software, and that kind of ended up becoming the death knell of the hardware. European retailers won't carry it, devs are complaining about the split in revenue with their games, making some pubs skip Xbox altogether. A lot of Xbox's wounds are self-inflicted

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: You adore it sooooooooo much that you're playing Dragons Dogmeh 2 on it....oh wait, my bad it was Baldurs Gate 3...oh wait my bad it was...Diablo 4...oh wait...adore isn't the word I think you're looking for, loathe sounds more appropriate 🤣🤣🤣

I adore it so much that i don't feel like wearing out its disc drive. Why is it so hard for you to understand? If you liked your X as much as i like my PS5, you wouldn't use it more than once a month.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Last_Lap

@BenjaminBanklin: Just stop benji, you were a part of the whole Xbox has no games mantra. Now the shoe is on the other foot the narratives change REAL QUICK to oh the average gamer doesn't pay attention on who makes the games etc, etc, etc.

And trying to change the conversation to Xbox games day 1 PC yadda, yadda, yadda, you really don't like taking the L do you lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I bet you adore it so much you put it back in its box and sold it to buy PC parts, so adorable 🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@last_lap said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Just stop benji, you were a part of the whole Xbox has no games mantra. Now the shoe is on the other foot the narratives change REAL QUICK to oh the average gamer doesn't pay attention on who makes the games etc, etc, etc.

And trying to change the conversation to Xbox games day 1 PC yadda, yadda, yadda, you really don't like taking the L do you lol.

What L? Sony's not the one going down in flames losing the most marketshare than it ever did before and trying to stop the bleeding by putting its games everywhere. You have to prove that Sony is suffering from a lack of games, not just making up scenarios where it doesn't count. That's the truth. These bubbles that Xboxers live in never translate to the real world and that's why they stay so salty at Xbox's failure, because it's always somebody else's fault but Microsoft's

Now you've been on a tear calling Phil Spencer the worst head of Xbox yet, but bending over backwards to defend his choices anyway. You can't have it both ways. No, Principal Skinner, it's NOT the children who are wrong in this case. They've been spending billions trying to alleviate their "exclusive" game problem, only to have all the titles still end up on all platforms and doing worse than they ever have.

Who cares about Xbox as a platform in that regard anymore but the people who choose to steadfastly go down with the ship? No one owes Xbox that kind of loyalty. They certainly aren't concerned with giving it in return.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

The cultist leader has spoken.😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I bet you adore it so much you put it back in its box and sold it to buy PC parts, so adorable 🤣

No, but i was thinking of putting it back inside its original box just to protect it against mean microbes that eat plastic.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@BenjaminBanklin: Thanks for proving you can't take the L 🤦‍♂️

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: It's ok to admit you're not a cow anymore, you also need to appoint a new cow leader.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: It's ok to admit you're not a cow anymore, you also need to appoint a new cow leader.

Listen, this last year has be very difficult. If you knew how much weight that we, cows, have on our shoulders, you wouldn't be messing around.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You can't give it to solid as he's too soft, loudheadphones is not smart enough and benji cries a lot, not a very big pool from which to choose from 🤣