CDPR reveal new engine with TW3 screenshot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

I wonder how well my 4GB 680 will handle this at 1080p.AmazonTreeBoa

4GB is overkill for 1080p. 

#52 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
God, I was hoping I could keep my 560Ti for 3 years, guess that's not happening.
#53 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Doesn't look very impressive.

#54 Posted by AznbkdX (3563 posts) -

Looks like I'll have to upgrade to a 7 series or AMD equivalent when the cards comes out. That's if I actually play big stuff like this any more. The screenie looked okay, but the game will probably be pretty heavy on GPU in real-time.

I haven't even played Witcher 2 fully yet. If its like Witcher 1 at all throughout, then it will be okay I guess. Its not my favorite RPG by any means though.

#55 Posted by 04dcarraher (20465 posts) -

Not too sure why people are worrying about running the game.....

#56 Posted by AznbkdX (3563 posts) -

04dcarraher

I don't think anyone is worried about running the game, but worried about running it well.

#57 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
My 5850 is ready... for 30fps Witcher 3.
#58 Posted by RyviusARC (4809 posts) -

I am not going to upgrade until the Maxwell series is released.

I always thought it was a bad idea to upgrade right when new consoles arriving.

Usually the major leap is a bit after their release.

Like the 8800gtx this gen or the 9700Pro last gen.

TW2 wasn't demanding unless you use the ubersampling setting which is overkill.

Just use SMAA and remove the sharpen filter and the game looks great.

#59 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Looks great but not pre-rendered movie CGI quality.
#60 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

AznbkdX

I don't think anyone is worried about running the game, but worried about running it well.

Why though? That screenshot isn't particularly impressive, especially compared to what witcher 2 already looks like.

#61 Posted by 04dcarraher (20465 posts) -

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

AznbkdX

Thats my point there was only one setting in the Witcher 2 that wasn't needed but yet crapped over almost all gpu's(aka ubersampling). Heck a single 8800GT was able to play TW2 at medium settings at 1680x1050 with a steady 30 fps.

#62 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Better start saving up for a $5000 PC that can run it, lol

#63 Posted by AdobeArtist (23029 posts) -

My 2 GTX 570s just cringed. 

Wasdie

And my single GT610 just... yeah, never mind :P

#64 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

Better start saving up for a $5000 PC that can run it, lol

Master_ShakeXXX
Not sure if serious.....I don't even..............700$ PC would be enough to PLAY those games (Not max)
#65 Posted by AznbkdX (3563 posts) -

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

04dcarraher

Thats my point there was only one setting in the Witcher 2 that wasn't needed but yet crapped over almost all gpu's(aka ubersampling). Heck a single 8800GT was able to play TW2 at medium settings at 1680x1050 with a steady 30 fps.

True, just saying that some PC gamers on here tend to want closer to higher results, which is a good amount of the things cranked up.

Thats not me who runs Witcher 2 at around medium on everything, but it seems I'm the outlier here on this thread.

#66 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

I bet the engine will look bloody brilliant in motion.

#67 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9512 posts) -
Give me more! :cry:
#68 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
Not a very impressive screenshot. Looking forward to Feb 5th announcement though.
#69 Posted by 04dcarraher (20465 posts) -

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

AznbkdX

True, just saying that some PC gamers on here tend to want closer to higher results, which is a good amount of the things cranked up.

Thats not me who runs Witcher 2 at around medium on everything, but it seems I'm the outlier here on this thread.

I run TW2 maxed(besides Uber) with a GTX 560.
#70 Posted by AznbkdX (3563 posts) -

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] Thats my point there was only one setting in the Witcher 2 that wasn't needed but yet crapped over almost all gpu's(aka ubersampling). Heck a single 8800GT was able to play TW2 at medium settings at 1680x1050 with a steady 30 fps.

04dcarraher

I run TW2 maxed(besides Uber) with a GTX 560.

Maybe this will be able to use a 560 to max it, since a 560 was enough to play on high for just about every game out so far. Maybe not. I'm kind of betting the latter though, but I don't know how tough their new engine is on graphics. We will know in due time.

#71 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Not a very impressive screenshot. Looking forward to Feb 5th announcement though. AAllxxjjnn

Same, I hope it's some footage of the game in engine, and not some pre rendered CG stuff like Cyberpunk was. That's not a bad thing, but I wanna see the new engine in motion

#72 Posted by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

I max TW2 with my 460 with no issues. I should be okay.

#73 Posted by silversix_ (15932 posts) -
Wow dat pic looks sick i wanna explore in this world already. love that sky
#74 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Not a very impressive screenshot. Looking forward to Feb 5th announcement though. seanmcloughlin

Same, I hope it's some footage of the game in engine, and not some pre rendered CG stuff like Cyberpunk was. That's not a bad thing, but I wanna see the new engine in motion

It's been about a year and a half since The Witcher 2. I'd expect them to have an actual video game to show us by now.
#75 Posted by Haroon90 (18 posts) -

Look's good but can't get overly excited over a single screenshot,hope to see a trailer with the new engine...perhaps at the ps4 reveal at the end of this month...

#76 Posted by RR360DD (13034 posts) -

Thats supposed to be impressive? :?

#77 Posted by lundy86_4 (44211 posts) -

RR360DD

It's a low-res screenshot of their new engine, so not really. We've yet to see what the engine is and what it is capable of. 

#78 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

RR360DD
You talk like as if you see this everyday, LOL 720p And Exclusive Vaseline= :lol:
#79 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

RR360DD

It's a teaser image of their new engine and new project. It's not a tech demo of the engine. 

#80 Posted by RR360DD (13034 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

faizan_faizan

You talk like as if you see this everyday

No I didn't

#81 Posted by RR360DD (13034 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

lundy86_4

It's a low-res screenshot of their new engine, so not really. We've yet to see what the engine is and what it is capable of. 

Probably capable of a lot better than that
#82 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Late 2013/2014 is gonna be a crazy for RPGS. Dark Souls 2, Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, Elder Scrolls Online :o

And MAYBE Fallout 4.

#83 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Late 2013/2014 is gonna be a crazy for RPGS. Dark Souls 2, Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, Elder Scrolls Online :o

Master_ShakeXXX

I don't know about these two, Dragon Age has a LOT to make up for and Elder Scrolls online will likely be poor.

But the other two, whoa mama

#84 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9447 posts) -

So, who wants my 580?!clyde46

Who wants my GTX 690?

#85 Posted by lundy86_4 (44211 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

It's a next-gen engine, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised. They go over a couple of things the engine will be doing in the article.

#86 Posted by lundy86_4 (44211 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]So, who wants my 580?!Truth_Hurts_U

Who wants my GTX 690?

Who wants my 4870?

[spoiler] :lol: [/spoiler]

#87 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

It's a next-gen engine, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised. They go over a couple of things the engine will be doing in the article.

Best thing about it is that it's going to have good graphics with huge map, Witcher 2 was great but i expect TW3 to be more open and have even better graphics.
#88 Posted by ultra641996 (42 posts) -
screenshot looks pretty awful honestly.
#89 Posted by lundy86_4 (44211 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Probably capable of a lot better than thatfaizan_faizan

Best thing about it is that it's going to have good graphics with huge map, Witcher 2 was great but i expect TW3 to be more open and have even better graphics.

A more open game would be great. The Witcher 2 wasn't all that closed to begin with, especially in later acts, but more open and varied locations would be awesome.

#90 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Who wants my GTX 690?

Meeeee :D

#91 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9447 posts) -

Meeeee :D

seanmcloughlin

lol, $1,100 and it's yours. :P

#92 Posted by clyde46 (47476 posts) -

Who wants my GTX 690?

Trade ya?
#93 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
My GTX 280 says bring it on.
#94 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

Who wants my GTX 690?

With only 2GB VRAM I respectfully decline this offer.

#95 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9447 posts) -

With only 2GB VRAM I respectfully decline this offer.

mitu123

Sad how outdated it's getting now. It's already outdated for a few games @ 1080.

Got a 5 year warranty on it. So if it busts I get another card lol. Maybe in 3 years or so. Thing is built really well and I got it maxed OC I can get.

Makes me mad Nvidia held back the good cards till this year.

#96 Posted by GarGx1 (3247 posts) -

Oh dear! Here's me trying to fight the urge and not get a new GTX 7xx card this year and hold off for an 8xx next year.

I'm reasonably sure my 590 will do fine but I do like to buy shinny new GPU's ;) I wonder if getting some more RAM will cure the hunger pangs?

#97 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

I expect my OC'd 680's to hold up just fine.

#98 Posted by AznbkdX (3563 posts) -

Jeez you guys and your fairly up to date rigs!

If I showed mine, it would be for a good laugh compared to you guys. :P

#99 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
Project X looks better in my opinion...
#100 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

Kind of a shame they didn't use RedEngine 2 more. That was one fantastic looking engine. This looks better, obviously, but it seems like a waste of resources to put together a beast of an engine like RE2 for just one game.