CDPR reveal new engine with TW3 screenshot

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

Eh doesn't look that good

#102 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

Kind of a shame they didn't use RedEngine 2 more. That was one fantastic looking engine. This looks better, obviously, but it seems like a waste of resources to put together a beast of an engine like RE2 for just one game.

WTA2k5

RE3 is most likely just an updated RE2, i doubt it's a new engine

RE2 was also a bit bad, it had poor shadows, no DX11 features & heaps of pop in, i don't even think it had HDR

#103 Posted by RyviusARC (4617 posts) -

Maybe this will be able to use a 560 to max it, since a 560 was enough to play on high for just about every game out so far. Maybe not. I'm kind of betting the latter though, but I don't know how tough their new engine is on graphics. We will know in due time.

AznbkdX

On a GTX 570 I was able to play the Crysis 3 MP beta at maxed settings and SMAAx4 with an fps between 30-45.

On a GTX 680 is was a pretty smooth 60fps.

Most people with older cards will be good without an upgrade for some time.

The next big leap in GPU performance won't be until 2014 anyway.

#104 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

Looks very pretty except for the trees, they look like cardboard cutouts

#105 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="WTA2k5"]

Kind of a shame they didn't use RedEngine 2 more. That was one fantastic looking engine. This looks better, obviously, but it seems like a waste of resources to put together a beast of an engine like RE2 for just one game.

HaloinventedFPS

RE3 is most likely just an updated RE2, i doubt it's a new engine

RE2 was also a bit bad, it had poor shadows, no DX11 features & heaps of pop in, i don't even think it had HDR

Yeah when they say new engine these days, any dev really, it just means an updated one. No way they would throw it away and start from scratch. Games would never get made.

And it really needs Dx11 stuff and better shadows, The shadows were numerous and impressive in that regard, but very grainy. It did have HDR I think but maybe not full range, it was a pretty game but not as dynamic as it could be

#106 Posted by AznbkdX (3226 posts) -

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

Maybe this will be able to use a 560 to max it, since a 560 was enough to play on high for just about every game out so far. Maybe not. I'm kind of betting the latter though, but I don't know how tough their new engine is on graphics. We will know in due time.

RyviusARC

On a GTX 570 I was able to play the Crysis 3 MP beta at maxed settings and SMAAx4 with an fps between 30-45.

On a GTX 680 is was a pretty smooth 60fps.

Most people with older cards will be good without an upgrade for some time.

The next big leap in GPU performance won't be until 2014 anyway.

Yeah I had a feeling it was something like this. The high 500 cards may struggle to stay at good framerates on high and may not include all the AA and such, but I was plenty sure they could do a good amount of the work even if it can't do everything high quality.

I wouldn't know about the 2014 cards tbh. All I know is that I agree that no one should have any trouble playing games at a fairly high level with the 500 or 600 series for awhile.

#107 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

screenshot looks pretty awful honestly.ultra641996
You dont deserve the Ultra in your name :evil:

#108 Posted by topgunmv (10249 posts) -

If their going direct x 11 route and not direct x 9 route it will improve performance. Not too sure why people are worrying about running the game , since there was only one setting that really wasn't needed and chewed up any gpu on the market aka ubersampling.

04dcarraher

People just like to take any opportunity they can to form a hardware circle jerk.

#109 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -
The only thing I really want to see in TW3 is an FOV slider, honestly
#110 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I personally find TW2 the best looking game of all time, so very excited to see more of this engine!

#111 Posted by scoots9 (3214 posts) -

My 5870 is not ready.

#112 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

*fap fap fap fap fap

Can't wait for W3 and cybperunk 2077. CDPR are great.

#113 Posted by p3anut (5939 posts) -

That screenshot doesn't look impresive at all.

#114 Posted by Zero5000X (8218 posts) -
REDengine3 is so awesome they completely skipped REDengine2.
#115 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

CD Projekt Red's new REDengine 3 for RPGs reportedly capable of rendering "movie-quality" scenes has been revealed with a few shots

REDengine3_06367_screen.jpg

Anyone who knows anythign about the witcher games knows that's a shot directly from the witcher 3. which is very exciting indeed.The engine is also being used for cyberpunk 2077.

"The engine is a next-gen-ready solution that begins to blur the line between pre-rendered CGI movies and real time rendered graphics, bringing us closer to the most life-like world ever created in video games,"

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/witcher-dev-reveals-new-engine-6403271

ultraking
damn. Now I know I'm gonna have to get another 670

No you don't. I acn run TW2 erything maxed out except Ubersampling at 45 FPS with an AMD 6850 and AMD Phenom Quad Core at 3.2 ghz.
#116 Posted by topgunmv (10249 posts) -

My 5870 is not ready.

scoots9

It'll probably run the same as the witcher 2. Don't pay attention to the same people that say they need to buy 12 new videocards for every major game release.

#117 Posted by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

Need to see more, I bet it looks amazing but that one sceen shot doesnt cut it for me.

#118 Posted by nutcrackr (12642 posts) -
can't wait to see the high res sex cards
#119 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

CD Projekt Red's new REDengine 3 for RPGs reportedly capable of rendering "movie-quality" scenes has been revealed with a few shots

REDengine3_06367_screen.jpg

Anyone who knows anythign about the witcher games knows that's a shot directly from the witcher 3. which is very exciting indeed.The engine is also being used for cyberpunk 2077.

"The engine is a next-gen-ready solution that begins to blur the line between pre-rendered CGI movies and real time rendered graphics, bringing us closer to the most life-like world ever created in video games,"

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/witcher-dev-reveals-new-engine-6403271

dracolich55
damn. Now I know I'm gonna have to get another 670

No you don't. I acn run TW2 erything maxed out except Ubersampling at 45 FPS with an AMD 6850 and AMD Phenom Quad Core at 3.2 ghz.

yea. ill be fine with just my 670. Just looking for a reason to justify a purchase on another one
#120 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Man I still have a 460. Not going to upgrade for a while either, it plays most games at good settings still.

#121 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
So pumped for witcher 3 and awesome new engine, cant wait. I do hope it is better optimized though i cant even max witcher 2 on 7950 at 720p, the damn frames just jump around all over the place
#122 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

"all will be cleared"

February 5 OOOOO

what is it?

#123 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
My GTX 280 says bring it on.percech
I expect this game to be DX11 only much like most of the games coming out in later years.
#124 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8772 posts) -

Okay, I definitely going to save up for the Geforce Titan for this. My 2 GTX 560 Ti isn't enough.....

#125 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"]My GTX 280 says bring it on.faizan_faizan
I expect this game to be DX11 only much like most of the games coming out in later years.

NOO it will be DX 13 mhahahaha
#126 Posted by BranKetra (48781 posts) -
The rest of the next gen consoles are going to be good.
#127 Posted by AM-Gamer (4041 posts) -

Just in time for the new consoles , nice. 

#128 Posted by NoodleFighter (7088 posts) -

I think it's time I invest in a 1600p monitor and save up for a 700/800 series card

#129 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"]My GTX 280 says bring it on.faizan_faizan

DX11 only usually refers to the highest graphic setting.
#130 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2606 posts) -

Saving up money for an i7 extreme and the 7xx series card, I don't want any next gen consoles.
Also, Am i the only one who thaught "Is that it?" I don't find it spectacular or mind blowing, I guess i'll have to watch some motion gameplay. 

faizan_faizan

You and me are in the same boat. :D

#131 Posted by BattleSpectre (6236 posts) -

Man I still have a 460. Not going to upgrade for a while either, it plays most games at good settings still.

cain006

I agree, the GTX 460 was and still is a kickass card.

#132 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

Saving up money for an i7 extreme and the 7xx series card, I don't want any next gen consoles.
Also, Am i the only one who thaught "Is that it?" I don't find it spectacular or mind blowing, I guess i'll have to watch some motion gameplay. 

zeeshanhaider

You and me are in the same boat. :D

Much obliged mate.
#133 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
cant wait for the console ports!