Capcom creating 'high-powered' games for North America

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/10/capcom-planning-high-powered-games-for-north-america-unannounced-titles-with-deep-downs-engine-in-the-works/

I really hope this is something cool and not another 'Remember Me.' Hell, some of their highest profits last year came from games that they expected to bomb (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Dual Destinies).

#2 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

bump

#3 Edited by narutosup (1562 posts) -

Will be a FPS for sure since it's for North America. Capcom want those COD sales.

#4 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

Will be a FPS for sure since it's for North America. Capcom want those COD sales.

I still remember how last gen had 30 FPS releases per year.

#5 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Well since High-Powered, spelled as is, is a name of a battlechip.

Wait, could they actually be trying this time with that series and not making a bullshit black screen ending with nothing happening? Actually fill in the plot holes, and bring a new gaming ex- lol Ultra Mega Street Fighter 4 with extra RE characters in it is probably all that it is.

#6 Posted by Sword-Demon (6870 posts) -

I would be exited, but.. you know.. Capcom.

#7 Posted by Telekill (4200 posts) -

Capcom, releasing nothing but half assed attempts and shitting on their fanbases since late 2009.

#8 Edited by mems_1224 (45719 posts) -

Dont really care what Crapcom does anymore.

#9 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

I just want a new sequel to an old Capcom franchise BY Capcom JP. No more outsourcing and no more rehashes.

#10 Edited by freedomfreak (38143 posts) -

I just want a new sequel to an old Capcom franchise BY Capcom JP. No more outsourcing and no more rehashes.

Shadow of Rome 2 :(

#11 Posted by g0ddyX (3867 posts) -

Better going for the 'COD sales' than the 'Casual Sales'

#12 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Shadow of Rome 2 :(

I feel like its sad that they have handfuls of detailed and glorious franchises at their belt, but NOPE, let's not and focus on rehashing and outsourcing. You have no idea how much I want Rival Schools 3. Although, localizations of Monster Hunters and Ace Attorney have shown they have a little bit of competence.

#13 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9406 posts) -

Gee, I wonder how they'll disappoint everyone.

#14 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -

High powered mobile games

#15 Posted by Heartagram_03 (3552 posts) -

All I want from capcom is Dragon's Dogma 2, hopefully there'll be a PC version this time around. Performance wise, the PS3 version of Dragon's Dogma was atrocious. It would constantly drop to 15-20fps in the heat of battle.

#16 Posted by Sword-Demon (6870 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Better going for the 'COD sales' than the 'Casual Sales'

what's the difference?

#17 Edited by superbuuman (2512 posts) -

ORC in first person view. :P

#18 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

High powered north American games? That pretty much tells me it will be shit I wont buy.

Asuras wrath wasn't meant for north America and it was a lot better than a lot of shit they have put out in the past 2 or 3 years.

bump

You that desperate for your thread to get attention you bump it after its only been up for an hour?

#19 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25803 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Capcom, releasing nothing but half assed attempts and shitting on their fanbases since late 2009.

It was 2012 for me. Yes, I'm still pissed over the on-disc DLC in Street Fighter X Tekken.

I could not get mad at them in 2010. Why? Tatsunoko vs Capcom released in the US and Europe that year and that was the last fighting game of theirs to not have such BS business practices (then again, I'm not sure if they still pull them off).

#20 Edited by lamprey263 (22418 posts) -

Ever since the mass departure of Capcom's most senior staff to Seeds/Platinum (and probably the dozens if not hundreds of talented programmers and artists they took with them), Capcom's games have taken a nosedive in quality and games have come out rough around the edges and very glitchy. They can have high ambitions but until the talent is there to polish these games to higher standards they're going to have issues. They should really consider swallowing their pride and hiring the old staff back with higher pay and more freedom.

#21 Edited by Devil-Itachi (4357 posts) -

I have a feeling Capcom will try to appeal to the NA market wrong because they're going to try to do something similar to NA companies. That mindset is wrong. Japanese developers need to adapt rather than shapeshift. Basically think they are going try to hard.

#22 Edited by silversix_ (13541 posts) -

will they repeat what they've done with Deep Downgrade? i don't want them to show bs gci telling everyone its gameplay and when the game is close to coming out their game is delayed because it looked like a ps3 title.

#23 Posted by DocSanchez (1394 posts) -

Mega street fighter 2 4k edition. This one has guile in a new tank top.

#24 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

@Gargus said:

High powered north American games? That pretty much tells me it will be shit I wont buy.

Asuras wrath wasn't meant for north America and it was a lot better than a lot of shit they have put out in the past 2 or 3 years.

@SonicNextGen2 said:

bump

You that desperate for your thread to get attention you bump it after its only been up for an hour?

Nah, just wanted to get a discussion started that wasn't about 'PSFOOOOOOOO VS XBONEESSSS"

You know, 99% of the topics here.