Capcom Beating On Sony Fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

http://ps3.qj.net/Capcom-No-Lost-Planet-Dead-Rising-for-PS3-and-Wii/pg/49/aid/87414

I wonder how those Sony fans who signed the petition feel now about Capcom?

[Hands Capcom a huge Spartan shield]

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
If this was because of the petition, why did Wii suffer as well? But seriously this makes me wonder about Capcom's plans.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
If this was because of the petition, why did Wii suffer as well? But seriously this makes me wonder about Capcom's plans.tegovoltio
Their plans? Multiplat their new games, don't waste time and money reworking older titles to make them multiplatform. Seems pretty logical and straightforward to me. -John
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 asmallchild
I figured they'd port their games everywhere to maximize profit. Guess I was wrong.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
They may not be porting the currently available installments of these franchises but according to the article, it sounds like the sequel will be multiplat.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
why would they port to ps3 install base is so low that they wont make any more money people doont understand that money is what drives these companies decisions and capcom is ported dmc because on the ps3 they would make no money
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"]If this was because of the petition, why did Wii suffer as well? But seriously this makes me wonder about Capcom's plans.tovarischs
Their plans? Multiplat their new games, don't waste time and money reworking older titles to make them multiplatform. Seems pretty logical and straightforward to me. -John

Yup, that's exactly what makes me wonder, why this 2 aren't multiplat, if that's what the want.
psychic_zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psychic_zebra
Member since 2005 • 719 Posts
Wait, so does this mean that online petitions actually matter now?:shock:
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
[QUOTE="asmallchild"]I figured they'd port their games everywhere to maximize profit. Guess I was wrong.

They were saying that DMC4 would stay with the PS3 and not go multiplat. I'm not surprised they are currently saying DR and LP are going to stay 360. If those 2 games don't go multiplat, then the sequels definitely will.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tovarischs
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"]If this was because of the petition, why did Wii suffer as well? But seriously this makes me wonder about Capcom's plans.tegovoltio

Yup, that's exactly what makes me wonder, why this 2 aren't multiplat, if that's what the want.

Because they are old licenses. Because the amount of money recouped by marketing to a smaller installed user base (1-2 million versus 10 million) will likely not equal the amount expended recoding titles that they've probably already filed on the shelf marked 'Games we're done with'. It's a lot easier to code a game for multiple platforms while you're developing it than when it's been out for a long time. -John
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 asmallchild
why would they port to ps3 install base is so low that they wont make any more money people doont understand that money is what drives these companies decisions and capcom is ported dmc because on the ps3 they would make no moneyGen007
Why is the Wii left out then?
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tovarischs"] Because they are old licenses. Because the amount of money recouped by marketing to a smaller installed user base (1-2 million versus 10 million) will likely not equal the amount expended recoding titles that they've probably already filed on the shelf marked 'Games we're done with'. It's a lot easier to code a game for multiple platforms while you're developing it than when it's been out for a long time. -John

But they did port RE 4 and according to you it was already an old license.
Magical_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Magical_Guy
Member since 2003 • 1673 Posts
M$ is throwing money at Capcom to keep them exclusive.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
M$ is throwing money at Capcom to keep them exclusive.Magical_Guy
Linik? (Out of curiosity)
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tovarischs
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="tovarischs"] Because they are old licenses. Because the amount of money recouped by marketing to a smaller installed user base (1-2 million versus 10 million) will likely not equal the amount expended recoding titles that they've probably already filed on the shelf marked 'Games we're done with'. It's a lot easier to code a game for multiple platforms while you're developing it than when it's been out for a long time. -John

RE 4 install base: over 20 million Current install base for PS3: about 1-2 million (depending who you believe). I really don't have to explain why the former made sense and the latter doesn't, right? -John
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#16 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Capcom has every right to "beat on them" Cows are being whiny babies. Did you see Lemmings boycot Tecmo and Team Ninja when Ninja Gaiden Sigma was announced for the PS3? no. All in all, the people who signed that petition seriously need to stop crying.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="tovarischs"] Because they are old licenses. Because the amount of money recouped by marketing to a smaller installed user base (1-2 million versus 10 million) will likely not equal the amount expended recoding titles that they've probably already filed on the shelf marked 'Games we're done with'. It's a lot easier to code a game for multiple platforms while you're developing it than when it's been out for a long time. -John

RE 4 install base: over 20 million Current install base for PS3: about 1-2 million (depending who you believe). I really don't have to explain why the former made sense and the latter doesn't, right? -John

PS3 1-2 million + Wii nearly as much as 360.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#19 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Capcom has every right to "beat on them" Cows are being whiny babies. Did you see Lemmings boycot Tecmo and Team Ninja when Ninja Gaiden Sigma was announced for the PS3? no. All in all, the people who signed that petition seriously need to stop crying.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tovarischs
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="tovarischs"] Because they are old licenses. Because the amount of money recouped by marketing to a smaller installed user base (1-2 million versus 10 million) will likely not equal the amount expended recoding titles that they've probably already filed on the shelf marked 'Games we're done with'. It's a lot easier to code a game for multiple platforms while you're developing it than when it's been out for a long time. -John

PS3 1-2 million + Wii nearly as much as 360.

You are MISSING MY POINT. RE4 was a remake on a console that had sold over 100 million. They will not remake DR or LP for Wii, sorry, the system isn't powerful enough. They might remake it for PS3 if it didn't only have 1-2 million people using it. -John
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 asmallchild
You guys think this was because of the online petition? I thought it was just due to the added expense of porting old games when they could be working on new multiplat ones.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

>.>' So this is why my topic was locked...T.T thought I was the only one that used this site.On topic...poor Sony fans.

EDIT:It could still happen,the also denied DMC4 going multi-plat,and it did.

tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tovarischs
[QUOTE="asmallchild"]You guys think this was because of the online petition? I thought it was just due to the added expense of porting old games when they could be working on new multiplat ones.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a company like Capcom has better things to worry about than a few hundred internet fanboy whackjobs. It's a financial decision, that's all, or alternatively MS has an exclusivity contract on both Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Nothing to do with the damn petition. -John