Can i run on VGA and LCD monitors?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragy666
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

ok lets start

1) i want to buy one of platform xbox 360 or ps3 and in shop i see plenty of cabels for ps3 but all is for TV and some not info and in xbox360 i see cables for run to monitors and when i buy ps3 is there cable to run in monitor i hav vga monitor? i dont think if i buy x360 or ps3 so i want ask please answer

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Im not sure if PS3 has a VGA cable. 360 does. You use it to hook your monitor up to the 360 or use it with your HDTV is it has a port in th eback for it. I found that VGA gives you better picture quality than component on a HDTV.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 black_awpN1

PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input. subrosian

VGA does give better picture quality on a HDTV right? It wanted to make sure what I said wasnt BS.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

[QUOTE="subrosian"]PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input. black_awpN1

VGA does give better picture quality on a HDTV right? It wanted to make sure what I said wasnt BS.

No - component, vga, and hdmi all offer similar picture quality, however few HDTVs support 1080p input via component. The Xbox 360 has a noticeable loss of color saturation outputting over vga, nothing that some calibration can't help with, but it's something that should be noted. The PS3 has issues outputting video via hdmi/dvi and audio over optical at the same time, another thing to consider. Unfortunately, there are many competing standards in home audio / video, each with their own quirks, so getting the best possible picture takes a little work.

Whichever method you go with, just do a basic calibration and remember (despite the naysayers) that progressive-scan is always better than interlacing.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input. subrosian

No - component, vga, and hdmi all offer similar picture quality, however few HDTVs support 1080p input via component. The Xbox 360 has a noticeable loss of color saturation outputting over vga, nothing that some calibration can't help with, but it's something that should be noted. The PS3 has issues outputting video via hdmi/dvi and audio over optical at the same time, another thing to consider. Unfortunately, there are many competing standards in home audio / video, each with their own quirks, so getting the best possible picture takes a little work.

Whichever method you go with, just do a basic calibration and remember (despite the naysayers) that progressive-scan is always better than interlacing.

I noticed with gears of war that the color on Marcus's armor was like a grey colr running via Component, wihile onn VGA, it looked more of a greenish gray color, the blue on his armor was more vibrant via VGA. also, i noticed jaggies that were shown on component that werent shown on VGA.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input. subrosian

actually that has been solved with the spring '07 update. just go to the display menu and there is a new setting called "Reference". this is merely the black level setting. setting this to "Expanded" gives you a depper black level and the colors will no longer look washed out.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
PS3 has an HDMI output. Use an HDMI to DVI cable, and you can use any monitor with a DVI input to game on, make sure it supports HDCP for future-compatibility with secure content. For VGA, no, there is no adaptor for the PS3. For the Xbox 360, you can do the same thing as described above with the Elite, or with any model (including the Elite) there is a VGA adaptor for VGA input. subrosian

PS3 outputs all games with HDCP enabled, so its not just good for future-compatibility. :P