Can FarCry2 Beat Crysis (screens inside)

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
It's a bit early to say, but the screenshots so far do not impress me at all. It's nowhere near the level of quality present in Crysis in detail or lighting and effects.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Crysis physics.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Crysis physics.Zeliard9
Yeah it's just Half Life 2 physics on a massive scale. As I keep saying, Digital Molecular Matter is the future. However, if Far Cry 2 is truly one single, massive map, that already looks a fair bit more impressive than Crysis in my eyes. Especially with that regrowth stuff they're doing.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
Based on game play demos we've seen I think it can if it is executed correctly. I like the whole mercenary choose your own missions/allies type of thing much more open than Crysis. But ofcourse with a game of that scale a lot can go wrong.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
IMO Crysis looks better, but that might change, I wouldn't be suprise if Far Cry 2 looks better than Crysis since it is coming out 1 year later
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.FrozenLiquid
Yeah it's just Half Life 2 physics on a massive scale. As I keep saying, Digital Molecular Matter is the future. However, if Far Cry 2 is truly one single, massive map, that already looks a fair bit more impressive than Crysis in my eyes. Especially with that regrowth stuff they're doing.

FC2 has some monster tech underneath its belt, there's no question. But in any given scene in Crysis, there's just more going on in terms of physics, animation, shader effects and especially particle effects, and there is longer draw distance. Crysis just has a crazy amount of stuff going on that can often be subtle individually, but added all up it gives you the scene you're looking at. Remember that the Dunia engine, FC2's engine, is a highly modified version of Cryengine 1. So it will be limited in a few ways compared to Cryengine 2.

FC2's regrowth tech and fire effects are a step ahead of anything else and the next evolution, but I don't think its tech trumps Crysis overall. It's still early for FC2, so it remains to be seen, but I think the only strong contender to Crysis' graphics kings crown is Project Offset from what I've seen and read. However, I do think that FC2's technical backbone is powerful and impressive enough that if you find its African savannah backdrop and general environment more visually appealing than Crysis' paradise island one, you could make a good argument that it's superior graphically. When you get past the technical aspects, graphics become almost entirely subjective.

Spore and FC2 are the two games I'm looking most forward to, and both have some ridiculously impressive technology under their belts.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Farcry 2 is nearly 4x the size of Crysis and manages to bring new technology and look nearly as good. Nearly 4x in size and probably minus 4x the personality that Crysis has. From the videos I've watched, those encounters with the men are very sparse throughout it's 50x50k map.

I (Personally)didn't see any wildlife or any small details that added to the overall nuance of the game. Like how there are chickens runing around the beaches of Crysis or warthogs in the jungles of Farcry. Will withold final judgement until it nears release. I'm sure those are details that their going to add.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zeliard9

Farcry 2 is nearly 4x the size of Crysis and manages to bring new technology and look nearly as good. Nearly 4x in size and probably minus 4x the personality that Crysis has. From the videos I've watched, those encounters with the men are very sparse throughout it's 50x50k map.

I (Personally)didn't see any wildlife or any small details that added to the overall nuance of the game. Like how there are chickens runing around the beaches of Crysis or warthogs in the jungles of Farcry. Will withold final judgement until it nears release. I'm sure those are details that their going to add.
Pro_wrestler

The devs are going to add a lot more wildlife by the time the game ships. They've said this specifically in a couple videos, just a lot of various types of animals that you'd see in Africa. They'll each have their own AI and behave as they should, apparently. The only thing there won't be in terms of wildlife, unfortunately, are predators. I imagine because that would add a whole new dynamic and make either the development or the gameplay too complex and unpredictable to manage. Or both.

The FC2 videos out now are still quite early. The videos out now aren't very good quality, either. Will be easier to tell later on.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Far cry 2 is the game STALKER shouldn't been. You know, without all the goddamn bugs.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Farcry 2 is nearly 4x the size of Crysis and manages to bring new technology and look nearly as good. Nearly 4x in size and probably minus 4x the personality that Crysis has. From the videos I've watched, those encounters with the men are very sparse throughout it's 50x50k map.

Zeliard9

The devs are going to add a lot more wildlife by the time the game ships. They've said this specifically in a couple videos, just a lot of various types of animals that you'd see in Africa. They'll each have their own AI and behave as they should, apparently. The only thing there won't be in terms of wildlife, unfortunately, are predators. I imagine because that would add a whole new dynamic and make either the development or the gameplay too complex and unpredictable to manage. Or both.

The FC2 videos out now are still quite early. The videos out now aren't very good quality, either. Will be easier to tell later on.

I hope I can go hunting in Far Cry 2 :D

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

I doubt it. Crytek has a veteran team that created the engine. Ubisoft's team is rather new, and not nessesarily engine developers. I think the only people who will think FC2 looks better then Crysis are those who enjoy the "safari" setting. On a technical level, there is no way FC2 will be better then Crysis unless Ubisoft got lucky and formed an all star team out of thin air.

Don't get me wrong, the game will look better then 95% of the games out there. Might even be the best looking game of 08... however, Crysis is just on another level.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
I really hope its not as good looking as crysis so my computer can actually run the game
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring though
BovinesOnPaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BovinesOnPaska
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
I really hope its not as good looking as crysis so my computer can actually run the gamebigLLL

Well if ur computer is weak as the ps3 it won't run it.
PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PDark_Prodigy
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
Crytek > Ubisoft I have a little more faith in Crytek then I do in the Ubisoft devs working on an engine that was made by Crytek.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Crysis will probably look better, but I think FC2 is the more technically impressive game.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

I don't want farcry2 to beat crysis. because it wouldn't matter since crysis can't be played on max at 60 fps.

I want it to be better optimized than crysis. that's the real question. will it be more optimized?

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

I don't want farcry2 to beat crysis. because it wouldn't matter since crysis can't be played on max at 60 fps.

I want it to be better optimized than crysis. that's the real question. will it be more optimized?

Ontain
Considering its Ubi Montreal, probably not.
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

I doubt the cyengine 1 can beat the cryengine 2..

But who knows..

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

Far cry 2 is the game STALKER shouldn't been. You know, without all the goddamn bugs. _Pedro_

Oh psychic one, please tell me more!

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.FrozenLiquid

I disagree, Half Life 2's physics aren't as good

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
Well, you can set forest fires, and I think that is the most beautiful thing you can ask for in a videogame.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
No. Inferior engine and developer.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lonelynight

Well, you can set forest fires, and I think that is the most beautiful thing you can ask for in a videogame.MetroidPrimePwn

You can already do that in Age of Mythology, Black and White and some other RTS games ;)

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I think Farcry 2 just sounds like an overall much more interesting game, and it sounds much more open-ended than Crysis.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring thoughsaolin323

I like how this guy knocks Crysis' jungles but then praises Uncharted... :roll:

Console fanboy? check.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Crysis physics.Zeliard9

:shock: that was beautiful!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.Juggernaut140

Indeed, that was friggin' awesome.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

Doesn't even look half as good

http://www.farcry2-hq.com/downloads,22,dunia-engine-nr1-hd-quality.htm

Here is what they showed off for engine. Not very impressive physics, textures, or shaders. Lighting is amazing.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 numba1234

[QUOTE="saolin323"]For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring thoughDragonfireXZ95

Console fanboy? check.

They both look bad :o. But farcry 2 looks alot worse then both of them.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragonfireXZ95

Doesn't even look half as good

http://www.farcry2-hq.com/downloads,22,dunia-engine-nr1-hd-quality.htm

Here is what they showed off for engine. Not very impressive physics, textures, or shaders. Lighting is amazing.

numba1234

The weather is pretty amazing. And it looks really good, but it lacks any sort of complex areas it seems. It's really open.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="saolin323"]For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring thoughnumba1234

Console fanboy? check.

What looks good to you then?

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.DragonfireXZ95

Indeed, that was friggin' awesome.

video games aren't art my ass.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 numba1234
[QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="saolin323"]For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring thoughDragonfireXZ95

Console fanboy? check.

Eh, nothing really back in the day half life 2 wowed me, and so did super mario 64.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="saolin323"]For me Crysis art and level design is a boring joke, games like COD4, Assasisn, Drake, Mass Effect etc already look FAR better for my tastes, and yes i think Far Cry 2 looks VASTLY better too due to VASTLY better art, the level design seems as boring thoughnumba1234

Console fanboy? check.

Eh, nothing really >

You should be an art critic!!! lol

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
[QUOTE="bigLLL"]I really hope its not as good looking as crysis so my computer can actually run the gameBovinesOnPaska

Well if ur computer is weak as the ps3 it won't run it.

lol :lol:
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
HELLLLLL YEAH. farcry 2 is amazing I kno it will look better than crysis, it is using an updated cryengine 2.0 isnt it.
-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
HELLLLLL YEAH. farcry 2 is amazing I kno it will look better than crysis, it is using an updated cryengine 2.0 isnt it.amorbis1001

No,its using a modified cryengine 1.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lonelynight

HELLLLLL YEAH. farcry 2 is amazing I kno it will look better than crysis, it is using an updated cryengine 2.0 isnt it.amorbis1001

It use a modifyied engine of CryEngine 1 not 2, its called Dunia

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.Lonelynight

They're practically the same, except Half Life 2's is on a much smaller scale. I mean, in Crysis, barrels still roll unrealistically end-on-end. That's just one example.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
both pc exclusive so point of this thread?
froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.FrozenLiquid

They're practically the same, except Half Life 2's is on a much smaller scale. I mean, in Crysis, barrels still roll unrealistically end-on-end. That's just one example.

Rope physics, physics in explosions, destructible vegetation, movement of individual leaves, particle physics, ballistic physics etc. in Crysis are miles ahead of HL2.....So I really don't get you saying it's just HL2 physics on steroids.
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
On graphics? Perhaps.
On gameplay + story + longivity + overal value? I say Crysis has already lost and I don't even know anything about Farcry 2. :)
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.FrozenLiquid

Almost everything in Half Life 2 feels like they are extreamly light

Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

Crysis physics.Zeliard9

lol what? so physics = good game? man, physics have become the new fad in gaming. Anyways, I hope to god FC2 is better than Crysis, seeing as it was total garbage and a dissapointment.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Crysis physics.Dopemonk736

lol what? so physics = good game? man, physics have become the new fad in gaming. Anyways, I hope to god FC2 is better than Crysis, seeing as it was total garbage and a dissapointment.

couldn't get Crysis to run well eh?

Crysis was fantastic and everyone agrees. Even the sub 9.0 reviews agree with me... they all say that it was one of the best FPS's ever. High system requirements but still one of the best FPS's ever.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Crysis physics.Zeliard9

oh my god, thats literally a work of art :shock:

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

Don't know if it's better than crysis but it looks pretty sweet :).

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/118821.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/118856.html