Can anybody say Square's a hypocrite?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts

Since when was PS3 not available in western market? As a matter of fact, There are more ps3's sold than 360 in the western nations.

If Square really like money, Infinite Undescovery and Star Ocean wouldnt be exclusive. FFXIII multiplatform was actually a good idea now that i think the whole thing through. But FFXIII versus i believe is impossible for 360 to run it.

Thoughts?

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
I doubt star ocean will stay exclusive (at least in japan), but it's not like you can't play ffxiii now that it's avalable for both consoles.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Since when was PS3 not available in western market? As a matter of fact, There are more ps3's sold than 360 in the western nations.

If Square really like money, Infinite Undescovery and Star Ocean wouldnt be exclusive. FFXIII multiplatform was actually a good idea now that i think the whole thing through. But FFXIII versus i believe is impossible for 360 to run it.

Thoughts?

Lebron181

You know, I'm suprised people still use that after FFXIII was announced for the 360...I would think they've learned already. SE never said SO4 is exclusive, as for Infinite Undiscovery, I think MS made a contract with SE and they're publishing it as well.

360 is like the PS2 so far this gen. You'd find more 360's in homes than the PS3. SE said themselves that they want to reach more into the NA/EU audience, and releasing it in Japan would seem like a waste seeing as the 360 isn't strong enough there(Though, that might change after they see how well the JRPGs sale on the 360.). It's simple really.

jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts

Thoughts?

Lebron181

Can anyone say squares a hypocrite??? no, but pissed off cows can....and YOU say that the ps3 has sold more in the western nations?????? uhhh either link, or go home, cause we ALL know THAT aint true :P

EDIT: and dont even start with the whole "360 cant run it bull@(%# :P thats what all you cows said about half the exclusives that MS has TAKEN from sony.....and you were all wrong then too :P

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
crying over ff13 still and not only that, ur a developer also, cows never cease to amaze me
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
Haha we got another one of your exclusives. Hahahaha.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

Wow there is cows still this upset by this? Face it Square seems to prefer the 360 over PS3. Look at all the games either been developed or published by SE

Last Remant(360 timed exclusive) -360 does not have to wait unlike how the cows have to wait with FF13

FF mmo (360 only current gen console with it )

Project Sylpheed ( 360 exclusive) Say what you want about the game but it is another game for the 360 libary that SE did not want to take the time to put on PS3.

FF13 (same day release everywhere in the world but Japan) SE wants to make sure the 360 fans do not have to wait unlike how the PS3 fans have to on Last Remant

Star Ocean 4( 360 exclusive ) Star Ocean was known as Playstation title and now not even announced for the PS3

Infinite Undiscovery ( 360 exclusive )

jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jazreal

Wow there is cows still this upset by this? Face it SQuare sems to prefer the 360 over PS3. Look at all the games either been developed or published by SE

Last Remant(360 timed exclusive) -360 does not have to wait unlike how the cows have to wait with FF13

Project Sylpheed ( 360 exclusive) Say what you want about the game but it is another game for the 360 libary that SE did not want to take the time to put on PS3.

FF13 (same day release everywhere in the world but Japan) SE wants to make sure the 360 fans do not have to wait unlike how the PS3 fans have to on Last Remant

Star Ocean 4( 360 exclusive ) Star Ocean was known as Playstation title and now not even announced for the PS3

rybe1025
Good call my friend ;) I'd like to see how the cows spin THOSE facts ;)
7fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 7fold
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

The 360 and PS3 seem to be about even in terms of power this generation, I think even more than last.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Thoughts?

Lebron181
because the 360 install base is still higher and the ps3 as of july is no longer beating the 360 in monthly sales.
ceruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ceruxx
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

Wow there is cows still this upset by this? Face it Square seems to prefer the 360 over PS3. Look at all the games either been developed or published by SE

rybe1025

What does Final Fantasy XI being on 360 have to do with anything? It's also on PC and PS2.

Square's talk of 360 being released at the same time of PS3 ver. is not rock solid. Its a SE afterthought. Also, its looking like Square doesn't think the 360 will hold it back at all and its probably just PS3 fanboys spreading BS.

Developers are not familiar enough with the PS3 for it to reach a state where it can surpass the Xbox if it ever does. Versus XIII might not be going to xbox because I heard it was made to utilize sixaxis. But then again that can probably be overriden.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Stop damage controling and move on.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Thoughts?

Lebron181

It is strange. On one hand they say Multiplat is the way to go, on the other they offer exclusives...seems fishy, but hey, they gotta do what they gotta do to make money. They obviously were cut some sort of sweet deal to be pulling these shenanigans all over the place, but what do we honestly care, it's just video games anyways.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
The only part I agree on is that if they wanted more money 360 wouldn't have been feeling love and most of the exclusives would be multiplat.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

rybe1025

Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery are Tri-Ace games not Square Enix games. FFXI can be played on the PS3 using the PS2 version. Its why its not on the PS3. All you're really left with is Last Remnant (time exclusive because of UE3 PS3 issues) and Project Sylpheed which MS ironically paid to be exclusive lol.

That's what happens when you use opinons instead of facts

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]

Wow there is cows still this upset by this? Face it SQuare sems to prefer the 360 over PS3. Look at all the games either been developed or published by SE

jazreal

i will

1. yes this is true but do you really think se is doing it on purpose why act like a fanboy when you can make millions. more than likely the ps3 version is harder to devolpe on or is not coming out smoothly.

2. reallly......don't use this as ownage this game did not score well at all 5.5 on gs and if the score was that low i doubt it sold much.

3. they say this now but i have a feeling they will release the ps3 version when is done. hey they did say ff13 was a ps3 exclusive so i don't listen to se anymore

4 not confirmed a 360 exclusive and se doesn't want it say its a exclusive to the 360 ethier check wiki theres also a link to back this claim.

5.true but ms did pay for this they were the ones publishing it but square took over the rights. check wiki

edit

forgot about ff11 came out in april of 06 according to ign. plus it also on the ps2 why make the same game when owners of the ps3 can buy the ps3 version
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
square is company. I just play their games with Xs and Os.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rybe1025
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]

kage_53

Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery are Tri-Ace games not Square Enix games. FFXI can be played on the PS3 using the PS2 version. Its why its not on the PS3. All you're really left with is Last Remnant (time exclusive because of UE3 PS3 issues) and Project Sylpheed which MS ironically paid to be exclusive lol.

That's what happens when you use opinons instead of facts

That is why I said published also which SO4 and IU are published by SE. Try reading the whole thing a person writes before going into fanboy rage.

As far as FFXI being on the PS2. That is good for PS2 owners not PS3 since most PS3s suck at backwards compatiablity/ Stop trying to hide behind the PS2. SE could have put it on the PS3 but they decided it was not worth the effort.

I would ask for you to provide a link that MS paid for Project Sylpheed but I know you would not provide one. Typical cow response bu.bu..but MS paid even though i have no proof.

Avatar image for madeinchina8008
madeinchina8008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madeinchina8008
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

Hopefully, this won't sell much over the 360 to teach SE a lesson.

But we'll see how SO4 and IU will do.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

madeinchina8008

and what lesson is that? that god forbid them from making games for a non sony machine?

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Star Ocean will be a timed exclusive at best. I dont think Tri Ace has the resources to build the game for both platforms at the same time for a simultaneous release. Well thats my theory anyway.
madeinchina8008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 madeinchina8008
[QUOTE="madeinchina8008"]

st1ka

and what lesson is that? that god forbid them from making games for a non sony machine?

well, there's no lesson in that. they'll learn a lesson by releasing an rpg on a shooter console.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="madeinchina8008"]

madeinchina8008

well, there's no lesson in that. they'll learn a lesson by releasing an rpg on a shooter console.

PS3 is more of a shooter console than the 360

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 st1ka
[QUOTE="madeinchina8008"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="madeinchina8008"]

-DrRobotnik-

beat me to it

madeinchina8008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madeinchina8008

-DrRobotnik-

LOL.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rybe1025

-DrRobotnik-

Not really true. The PS3 would have to have the best shooters to be known as the shooter console. PS3 is more a stealth one trick pony because it has MGS4 and that is it of the stealth games and other then that it is playing second fiddle to every other area of gaming to the 360.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

madeinchina8008

And to stop cows crying themselves to sleep.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Infinite Undescovery is a MS owned IP, so that is staying on the 360.

madeinchina8008

The 360 is a shooter console? Link? Last I remember it the PS3 has more shooters in their line up than the 360.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 st1ka
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="madeinchina8008"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="madeinchina8008"]

madeinchina8008

LOL.

what a compelling rebuttal :roll:

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
let him work it out guys. it's obvious TC is new here.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

square is company. I just play their games with Xs and Os.ff7isnumbaone

BINGO.

Winner of the whole thread.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

rybe1025

Are you sure about that one?

digitalman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 digitalman42
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

Why is FFXIII Versus impossible to run on 360?? I dont understand what your saying. Any game on either system is capable of being ran on the opposite system. They may have to modify it a little here and there. Lets get something straight the graphics/power between the two systems is about a wash. PS3 and 360 might each have small advantages over one another due to 360 having a more powerful GPU and PS3 having a more powerful CPU. But all in all they are both VERY close. Dont take my word for it just look at there games, it's almost a wash.

Thoughts?

Lebron181
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

LOL

Microsoft owns the Western Markets when you combine them. Nice try TC.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]

sakura_Ex

Are you sure about that one?

Yeah, its coming out on the 360 first.

I don't fell like waiting a year for a port. I would have moved on by then.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
well, one theory is that MS paid for those exclusives (infinite undiscovery, star ocean)...not sure, though.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

crying over ff13 still and not only that, ur a developer also, cows never cease to amaze meDante2710

Yeah because he represents all cows.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

well, one theory is that MS paid for those exclusives (infinite undiscovery, star ocean)...not sure, though. clone01

Microsoft owns the IU IP.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]well, one theory is that MS paid for those exclusives (infinite undiscovery, star ocean)...not sure, though. SSCyborg

Microsoft owns the IU IP.

ahhh, thanks...my bad.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]crying over ff13 still and not only that, ur a developer also, cows never cease to amaze meRagnarok1051

lol obviously he does lol. I'm a cow and i'm not even sweating it.

jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jazreal
[QUOTE="jazreal"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]

sireclaborn

i will

1. yes this is true but do you really think se is doing it on purpose why act like a fanboy when you can make millions. more than likely the ps3 version is harder to devolpe on or is not coming out smoothly.

2. reallly......don't use this as ownage this game did not score well at all 5.5 on gs and if the score was that low i doubt it sold much.

3. they say this now but i have a feeling they will release the ps3 version when is done. hey they did say ff13 was a ps3 exclusive so i don't listen to se anymore

4 not confirmed a 360 exclusive and se doesn't want it say its a exclusive to the 360 ethier check wiki theres also a link to back this claim.

5.true but ms did pay for this they were the ones publishing it but square took over the rights. check wiki

edit

forgot about ff11 came out in april of 06 according to ign. plus it also on the ps2 why make the same game when owners of the ps3 can buy the ps3 version

lol you said "i will"....and THAT you did...SPIN. Once again, nothing you said was concrete...it was ALL opinions, heresay, and MAYBE's :P so, untill ANYONE can come up with something other than SPIN and Crystall ball predictions........cya :)
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jazreal
[QUOTE="madeinchina8008"]

st1ka

1000% agreed :) well said st1ka :)
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jazreal

madeinchina8008

shooter console....lOLololOll my goodness cows need to LET GO of the past. the original xbox MAY have established itself with shooters...but man...that was a whole gen ago :P let it go, if you can, cause' MS has already(with proof) proven that they are more than a shooter console. LOL man, cows are soooo getting desperate now :P
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -DrRobotnik-

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]crying over ff13 still and not only that, ur a developer also, cows never cease to amaze meRagnarok1051

Yeah, just like the one or two people you saw hyping Too Human AAA yesterday represented all 360 fans.

Hypocrite.

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

Eh, If I was really upset about it, I'd just buy a 360.

But I'm not, so I won't.

iesexywarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iesexywarden
Member since 2005 • 723 Posts
[QUOTE="Lebron181"]

Thoughts?

jazreal

Can anyone say squares a hypocrite??? no, but pissed off cows can....and YOU say that the ps3 has sold more in the western nations?????? uhhh either link, or go home, cause we ALL know THAT aint true :P

EDIT: and dont even start with the whole "360 cant run it bull@(%# :P thats what all you cows said about half the exclusives that MS has TAKEN from sony.....and you were all wrong then too :P

what are those "half the exclsuives" ms took away?

-360 can pretty run anything ps3 can, if devs keep that they want it on the 360 in mind. in terms FF13, they will compress it down so it can work on a 360.

games are like movies. Theres a blu-ray and then theres a dvd. Bluray is uncompressed because it has the space to be, dvd is compressed down so it will be. In terms of difference, well most likly the ps3 will have crisper sound and sharper images.

Squares not a hypocrite, its just they need money. Sure the PS brand was what made them "famous" in FF7, but if u remember it was a huge shocker when square left nintendo to go to sony (due to better technology at the time in the PS system). Companies need more money now and there taking advantage of the fact that there are 2 systems out that are pretty much able to run anything. Look at bioshock, went multiplat for more money. Pretty soon less and less games will be come "Exclusives", until the US economy is booming (since US plays a major role in sales).

Come to think of it, i really dont care about this whole situation, from the start when i saw FFv13 and say itsgoing to have a CC and KH fight system to it, i said "hmm sounds like a buy" but im not into rpgs, only action rpgs

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Thoughts?

Lebron181

I have no idea what you are even talking about. FF13 costs a fortune to make, and it is unlikely they will make a good enough profit off PS3 alone. Other SE games seem to be extremely cheap, by comparison, so they are less likely to need multiplat to make money. Also, SE is doing a good thing by spreading their games around as it keeps console makers happy by giving them all different exclusives, and it attracts the most possible customers to the big games like FF13.

As a PS3 owner and SOny fan, sure, it sucks that SE no longer is focusing solely on SOny. But they have to do what is in their best interests to ensure the big-money games are always getting bigger and better.