Call of Duty: Warzone console players are turning off crossplay to escape PC cheaters

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9886 Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-18-call-of-duty-warzone-console-players-are-turning-off-crossplay-to-escape-pc-cheaters

Traditionally, competitive multiplayer cheating is more of a PC problem than it is a console problem, due to the difficulty in running console games with cheats enabled. But console players are running up against PC cheaters because of Modern Warfare's crossplay feature.

Crossplay is of course wonderful for any multiplayer game, Call of Duty included, because it means friends can play together across platforms, and larger player pools mean quick matchmaking, full lobbies and low latency matches.

However, a negative side effect of crossplay in Call of Duty is console players are exposed to PC cheaters - and as a temporary fix, console players are turning off crossplay to stamp it out.

The war just got real 😯!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46544 Posts

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised.

The PC cheater problem has been getting worse in my eyes these past years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Don't understand the point of cheating. No fun is that other than trolling I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Cheaters & Pirates, PC royalty at this point, but, but 1440p at 120fps lol.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Bu bu bu I never see cheaters

HaH

Pc online is free for a reason

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

Irritates the hell out of me that you cant turn off crossplay with PC on Xbox from the game. You can do it from Xbox's own menus, but not enough players know that, so I still have to deal with cheaters on PC.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15983 Posts

I hope when crossplay becomes more widespread, both console publishers and dev give option to turn off crossplay.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11253 Posts

Told everybody crossplay was overrated as hell. All the ecosystems aren't gonna be evenly keeled for certain titles.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Lol console players trying to compete with mouse and keyboard, but but cheaters everywhere!!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56335 Posts

When console gamers say about PC gamers are cheaters, are they talking about KB/M users? I rarely play MP games especially Call of Duty. (I'm all in for SP these days) Are we talking about like infinite health cheating or something?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@davillain- said:

When console gamers say about PC gamers are cheaters, are they talking about KB/M users? I rarely play MP games especially Call of Duty. (I'm all in for SP these days) Are we talking about like infinite health cheating or something?

"However, players continue to complain about cheaters who are able to automatically hit enemy heads, shoot through walls and play without recoil, among other prohibited abilities. The various Call of Duty subreddits are packed with clips of cheaters exposed via Modern Warfare's killcam and Warzone's spectate mode."

Seems like hacks from the videos posted on the article.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@djoffer: I play on console and I’ve had no problem playing against PC players using mouse and keyboard until recently when I encountered a PC cheater that would not die no matter what. There was no imaginary keyboard and mouse “superiority” involved here.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ButDuuude

@sealionact: Are you sure you can’t turn off crossplay from the game on Xbox? Because you can do that from the PS4 version and I think they’re the same.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@bluestars:

You do know there have been cheaters on PSN and live and both cost money.

In fact Sony and specially MS has been banning them for years so yeah it happen.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@ButDuuude: right... even if you are one of the gifted ones who can compete with m/k. 99% of players are vastly inferior when using a controller vs m/k and that’s a fact...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56335 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@davillain- said:

"However, players continue to complain about cheaters who are able to automatically hit enemy heads, shoot through walls and play without recoil, among other prohibited abilities. The various Call of Duty subreddits are packed with clips of cheaters exposed via Modern Warfare's killcam and Warzone's spectate mode."

Seems like hacks from the videos posted on the article.

Gotcha, thanks. When it comes to PC gamers, I never understood why you need to cheat when KB/M just makes it seem you are cheating but you aren't. I can understand this frustrates console gamers when a cheat device is being use, so the complaint is legit. Stuff like this needs to be taking action during online play.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ButDuuude

@djoffer: On PC...I assume. Console players are used to playing with a controller.

Edit: and I don’t use the optional aim assist either. Just wanted to throw that in there since you guys think we use “auto aim” on consoles.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5281 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Don't understand the point of cheating. No fun is that other than trolling I guess.

Yes, it is just a game. There is no money coming out of cheating in video games, unless one is a professional gamer in a tournament.

The rampant cheating in online crossplay is going to be a major turn-off for many console gamers who want to play with gamers across other platforms.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

The truth of the matter is that on PC people can install any software they want. It's not a closed platform on purpose. It's just unavoidable. Cheaters would be just as rampant on console if it wasn't like a shitty locked down app store.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

The same here, never managed to understand that!!!

Winning while cheating is comical at best.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

@sealionact: its in options. Hit the account tab you should see a crossplay options. It would be nice if they had only console option.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sealionact

@ButDuuude: No, it doesnt work on xbox. On my ps4, you can turn it off and you get a warning which you can close and ignore. On xbox you cant ignore it...it keeps popping back up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59256 Posts

Yea. Smurfing will also automatically become a problem if a game uses features like Steam Sharing for auto-alt accounts.

If not can use cheap ass key-sites for dummies.

Play something like SFV, prepare for that blacklist to fill up, and if you're ignorant of the concept of smurfs, prepare to take it up the anus as you become a ragdoll test-dummy.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

What are cheats doing in Sony games on ps?adding gameplay?

HAH

Console cheats are quickly dealt with,so no need to pretend it’s not a problem like hermits

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Came here to check PC masta race in deep denial. Not disappointed.

As someone who was playing online on PC when some members weren't born yet, or just toddlers, cheating on PC was always a problem. You can keep denying it, but it wont change reality.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@djoffer said:

Lol console players trying to compete with mouse and keyboard, but but cheaters everywhere!!!

Funny you say this. Did you know that there's a shitton of console gamers winning against pc players during tournaments? I don't know the exact numbers, but i've heard way more console players have won tourneys than pc players. Also, did you know that there's a lot of pc players bitching about console players since they're the ones with the insane aim assist that laser accuracy delete you across the map? This game has more hermits bitchin' about console players being op than console players complaining about mouse/kb accuracy and speed. Imagine that.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@sovkhan said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

The same here, never managed to understand that!!!

Winning while cheating is comical at best.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hacks-an-investigation-into-aimbot-dealers-wallhack-users-and-the-million-dollar-business-of-video-game-cheating/

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This is why I don't like competitive online gaming. And to pretend consoles don't have cheaters is laughable.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Doesn't help that Activision won't spring for an actual anti-cheat software. They said they have a few people reviewing footage and reports from people and they ban people that way. It's the laziest anti-cheat I think I've ever seen.

Although, with this game, most of us will barely see these cheaters since it's skill based match making. Unless you're rocking a 4 k/d or higher, you're likely not going to see many cheaters at all. I might be a 1.5 K/D in this game and I think I've seen maybe 1 cheater in all the times I've played.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Why would any console player even want to play with PC gamers in the first place when they are already at a huge disadvantage from the start?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@djoffer said:

Funny you say this. Did you know that there's a shitton of console gamers winning against pc players during tournaments? I don't know the exact numbers, but i've heard way more console players have won tourneys than pc players. Also, did you know that there's a lot of pc players bitching about console players since they're the ones with the insane aim assist that laser accuracy delete you across the map? This game has more hermits bitchin' about console players being op than console players complaining about mouse/kb accuracy and speed. Imagine that.

Which tournaments are you talking about because E-Sports scene on consoles is almost an equivalent of special Olympics and I can't think of any E-Sports tournament where PC players were put against consolites.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Well always knew consolites have no spine. :P

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I'm on Xbox and tried out restricting to Xbox live only, through Xbox system settings but the ping kept on rising and matchmaking never found a match after 5 min.

Personally I'm fine with crossplay even with being at disadvantage to m/kb players. Warzone is such a clusterf##& that I couldn't really care if someone was cheating. No platform is invulnerable to cheating. It's been happening on console since the days of Socom on ps2.

It sucks but for casual play online, someone will be cheating or finding an exploit to game the system for an advantage, regardless of crossplay.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

How many are actually cheaters though? I dont play multiplayer these days because the games tend to be shit or full of kids. Back in the day I played a lot of QIIIA, I was very good at it. I remember playing QIIIA on PC vs people on the Dreamcast because a couple of friends wanted me to play it, and I was called a cheater in pretty much every game because I was wiping the floor with the console players and they would leave the game when they saw someone with green text (chat text when playing PC was green vs the default white colour on DC) Iv never cheated in an online game in my life. I even went out and bought a Dreamcast with a KB/M hoping people would stop whining but they still accused me of cheating even though I was playing on the Dreamcast.

When people are getting so badly owned the first thing they do is scream cheater! They use every excuse in the book: Score too many headshots and youre using an aimbot, anticipate someones position with a cleverly placed rocket and youre seeing through walls, all they do is whine and I know this from experience.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

If Activision were only as half decent as valve, you'd see less cheaters. But we're talking about activision here. They're gonna do everything to save that little bit of penny.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos said:

@bluestars:

You do know there have been cheaters on PSN and live and both cost money.

In fact Sony and specially MS has been banning them for years so yeah it happen.

@foxhound_fox said:

This is why I don't like competitive online gaming. And to pretend consoles don't have cheaters is laughable.

Exactly, there will be cheaters on every platform.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58456 Posts

Honestly if cheaters are that big of a problem, it's Activision-Blizzard's fault. Sure, they've banned some people, but they don't seem to do much in terms of preventative measures.

@R4gn4r0k said:

It's a shame, too, a dark spot on an otherwise perfect platform.

Ah well, can't win them all. I just hope they keep doing cross-platform and don't use this as an excuse to not do it. I think crossplay is great, but it would really great on co-op games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@djoffer said:

Which tournaments are you talking about because E-Sports scene on consoles is almost an equivalent of special Olympics and I can't think of any E-Sports tournament where PC players were put against consolites.

They're doing 10-50k tourneys on twitch all the time. Now, you may say this is not your esports, but its the same players. I've heard this happening in Fortnite as well, lots of pc players crying about the aim assist on consoles.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15983 Posts

@davillain- said:

If on FPS, aimbots and infinite health. On online mmo, pvp unbelievable stats, auto farming, legendary gears. How do I know? I have seen how its used on PC. Aimbot is a very popular hack in counterstrike when you reach a certain rank. I am assuming its the same for CoD considering the numbers.

Console usually requires a valid console identification when playing online so idk how they can bypass that with a hacked console but I have seen them when playing MGS online for ps3 back then. Either those shits just wont die or I somehow got killed first.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sealionact

@faponte13: Doesnt allow you to join a lobby until you turn it back on.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Probably just think we are cheating because we are owning console players lol. Gamepad can’t compete with m&k in a fps.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34730 Posts
@vaidream45 said:

Probably just think we are cheating because we are owning console players lol. Gamepad can’t compete with m&k in a fps.

Well yeah. When you die 10 times in the same match because it takes you 5 seconds to turn 180 degrees when being shot in the back, I bet many console gamers blame cheating to feel better about themselves.

I've always thought crossplay between PC and console when it comes to FPSs is pretty retarded. PC gamers have such an obvious advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Litchie said:
@vaidream45 said:

Well yeah. When you die 10 times in the same match because it takes you 5 seconds to turn 180 degrees when being shot in the back, I bet many console gamers blame cheating to feel better about themselves.

I've always thought crossplay between PC and console when it comes to FPSs is pretty retarded. PC gamers have such an obvious advantage.

Yeah of course its just console gamers complaining. I mean hermits don't pirate games nor do they cheat in games, they are the saints of the gaming industry.

/sarcasm

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact

@Litchie: Yeah kb/m gives PC players an advantage, but that's not the problem. I've won a few rounds on crosplay warzone using a gamepad, and knowing that I've won with a handicap makes it all the sweeter.

The problem is when I'm 300m away, and someone headshots me with an smg I get suspicious. I spectated 2 players yesterday who did that to me and went on to do it to others again... that's not an unfair advantage, that's cheating.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I'll never understand why people cheat in multiplayer games. If you suck, you suck. I mean, git gud ffs.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7273 Posts

I've never understood why console gamers wanted cross platform with pc.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sealionact

@robert_sparkes: We don't. Thought that was pretty obvious. Ps4 and Xbox, why not?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I’m gonna need the receipts on this one. If I had a dollar for every time a Twitch streamer got killed and yelled “cheater!” I would have Ninja money

And let’s not act like console players don’t get a more than generous amount of aim assist in games. My Twitter feed is full of esports pros switching to controller on games like Fortnite because the game basically aims for you.