Call of Duty dominates the world

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
For some reason I think CoD's extreme popularity will end with this generation. I think it will still be popular just not 20+ million units sold popular.
landofcookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 landofcookies
Member since 2011 • 454 Posts

who cares?

VensInferno

You cared enough to enter the thread, read through it and post a comment. :lol: No hate, bro!

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I like COD, but it's getting so tired it's not funny. It's the Madden of shooters... same game every year... with a slightly different roster. carljohnson3456
Difference is, COD has a different SP entirely from the previous game. Madden just has tweaks here and there.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

Damn, i can't get over how you guys are in to numbers so much.:lol:

el3m2tigre

lol this, this, and THIS

i don't get why numbers are so important to us as gamers really....it's not like any of us are getting a piece of this $775 million, so who cares how much it sold? Activision and IW should be the only ones who care

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I am proud not to own a signle call of trash game. I am jesus,now i think its time to play some real games like SMB and Dark souls :D
landofcookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 landofcookies

I am proud not to own a signle call of trash game. I am jesus,now i think its time to play some real games like SMB and Dark souls :DRatchet_Fan8

RPGs are great games, just not comparable to fast-paced FPS. :D

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Yeah, no.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
Just like Justin Bieber, right TC?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

CDUB316

lol this, this, and THIS

i don't get why numbers are so important to us as gamers really....it's not like any of us are getting a piece of this $775 million, so who cares how much it sold? Activision and IW should be the only ones who care

True that. But for some reason, fanboys with no other reason to tout their favorite game as number 1 use it as their main reason. Oh, it must be good, it sells well!

So does Mcdonalds.

Usually, the only fanboys that use this logic are the ones that have no other rebuttals.

Every time you ask a CoD fanboy why CoD is so good, the best answer they can come up with is: It's fun, or everyone plays it so it must be good. They never talk about the redeeming qualities of the game, or what's so good about them. Of course, it's CoD, so we all know it's rehash central and it's just pure garbage.

Why are there so many CoD defense threads today? Are the CoD fanboys really that insecure?

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

You just wait until minecraft is released on xbox.

But seriously, if minecraft sold like 15 million copies that'd be very awesome.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#61 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Too bad no one cares and that it still sucks.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12143 Posts

So, US and Uk= the world? kk

Also, have fun playing sales with kids and bro gamers, while real gamers play real games like battlefield.

QQabitmoar

Dude speak for yourself, I could not play bf3 for more then a week before I sold it.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#63 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I don't care what people like. I care about what I like and it isn't Call of Duty, not anymore.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 racing1750

Demonjoe93

Based on the reviews it's Battlefield 3 good. 8.5 = 8.5

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

3 CoD games in the Top 5 XBL games.

Biggest 5-day haul in entertainment:

1. MW3 ($775 mln)

2. BO ($650 mln)

3. MW2 ($550 mln)

Biggest day-1 launches all belong to them.

All of them will have hit $1 bln in a couple of weeks.

BO is best-selling game ever in U.S. and UK, MW2 is second in both region. MW3 will take over BO.

Call of Duty has taken over the world, get used to it fanboys.

landofcookies
If you seriously think that a game"s quality is determined by this, then enjoy your best game I guess. Im not going to waste my time explaining anything more as this has been discussed here million times already...
landofcookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 landofcookies

Demonjoe93

You cared enough to post this.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
Pretty crazy sales....people think CoD is bad for the industry, but it's definitely attracting more people to gaming. Sure some people only buy yearly CoD installments, but others use it as a gateway drug. Start with CoD, move onto other shooters and genres. Mw3 is a good game, definitely better than mw2 imo. I just wish the multiplayer maps weren't all so cramped. I hate enemies spawning all over me half the time.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

racing1750

Nope, doesnt work like that. BF3 on PC has way higher standards than CoD. CoD doesn't even have standards. With the back to karkand maps coming and fixes to bugs which brought the games score down, BF3 is approaching a masterpiece. One of the best shooters ever made.

Pretty crazy sales....people think CoD is bad for the industry, but it's definitely attracting more people to gaming. Sure some people only buy yearly CoD installments, but others use it as a gateway drug. Start with CoD, move onto other shooters and genres. Mw3 is a good game, definitely better than mw2 imo. I just wish the multiplayer maps weren't all so cramped. I hate enemies spawning all over me half the time.WithoutGraceXII

Its attracting stupid people to gaming becausae anyone with intelligence will feel mentally ill after playing CoD. The game is as linear, as uncreative and as bad as can be. Its putting video games in the worst possible light.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
you mean dominate the US and UK? theres even a map in the online portion that shows where it's been played. it's almot non existant in asia.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 racing1750

[QUOTE="racing1750"]

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

argetlam00

Nope, doesnt work like that. BF3 on PC has way higher standards than CoD. CoD doesn't even have standards. With the back to karkand maps coming and fixes to bugs which brought the games score down, BF3 is approaching a masterpiece. One of the best shooters ever made.

Pretty crazy sales....people think CoD is bad for the industry, but it's definitely attracting more people to gaming. Sure some people only buy yearly CoD installments, but others use it as a gateway drug. Start with CoD, move onto other shooters and genres. Mw3 is a good game, definitely better than mw2 imo. I just wish the multiplayer maps weren't all so cramped. I hate enemies spawning all over me half the time.WithoutGraceXII

Its attracting stupid people to gaming becausae anyone with intelligence will feel mentally ill after playing CoD. The game is as linear, as uncreative and as bad as can be. Its putting video games in the worst possible light.

Sorry but it does work like that. Both modern day FPS games that scored the same. No excuses.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

DragonfireXZ95

lol this, this, and THIS

True that. But for some reason, fanboys with no other reason to tout their favorite game as number 1 use it as their main reason. Oh, it must be good, it sells well!

So does Mcdonalds.

Usually, the only fanboys that use this logic are the ones that have no other rebuttals.

Every time you ask a CoD fanboy why CoD is so good, the best answer they can come up with is: It's fun, or everyone plays it so it must be good. They never talk about the redeeming qualities of the game, or what's so good about them. Of course, it's CoD, so we all know it's rehash central and it's just pure garbage.

Why are there so many CoD defense threads today? Are the CoD fanboys really that insecure?

I have talked about the redeeming qualities of it in several threads, and you always leave those threads with no rebuttal.