Call of Duty 4 should get GOTY.

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

im talking about the parts that didnt involve just enemy soldiers.....

REforever101

??? anyways leave it. seriously speaking i really didn't enjoyed a lot, anything in the sp part of the game. maybe i was too hooked to crysis, that ocd 4 seemed quite simplistic

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

Call of Duty sucks,its just a typical run-and-gun FPS,if it gets GOTY i'll spam all sites that give it GOTY.Indestructible2

Under-age user alert.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Hermits seem a bit angry. Disgusted with the fact COD4 is better than Crysis prehaps?butteater86

if only sp part of cod 4 was better than crysis, i would have been very happy, to have one more awesome game.

Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

[QUOTE="butteater86"]Hermits seem a bit angry. Disgusted with the fact COD4 is better than Crysis prehaps?Kratos_OMEGA

Crysis's multiplayer is horrible.

And you are saying you played Crysis? And even if COD4's mp is better then Crysis the sp isnt. Plus the fact that COD4's mp isnt the spectacular. Maps are repetitive and linear and gameplay is repetitive. nade, go around corner, aim, shoot, kill, die. The mp was fun for a week. Then it was blah.

Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts
Just to clarify, I am not saying that COD4 is a bad game or even an average game. It is good but short. Kind of like Bioshock in how you can only play the game so much till it is all the same. That is the reason Crysis excels. Aside from Graphics ,Cryengine 2 and Sandbox 2, the gameplay is open ended and fun. I have played the level Assualt in so many different ways its mind boggoling. Even using the SMG instead of scar or ak totally changes the experience of the game while in COD4 all the weapons feel similar other then the sniper rifles.
ANZAC_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 ANZAC_RaGe
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

Call of Duty sucks,its just a typical run-and-gun FPS,if it gets GOTY i'll spam all sites that give it GOTY.Indestructible2

Run and gun??? Try doing that on 'hardcore' mp.

ANZAC_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ANZAC_RaGe

Just to clarify, I am not saying that COD4 is a bad game or even an average game. It is good but short. Kind of like Bioshock in how you can only play the game so much till it is all the same. That is the reason Crysis excels. Aside from Graphics ,Cryengine 2 and Sandbox 2, the gameplay is open ended and fun. I have played the level Assualt in so many different ways its mind boggoling. Even using the SMG instead of scar or ak totally changes the experience of the game while in COD4 all the weapons feel similar other then the sniper rifles.splintercell989

Thats why games like Bioshock or Mass effect will never be GOTY because they have no MP, no lasting ability. sorry dudes

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#59 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
CoD 4.... lol....console sheep, I don't understand. You guys had CoD 2 (well, the lemmings anyway), so how come only hermits can see that it's basically CoD 2 with a more elaborated multiplayer? GOTY should either go to: Assassin's Creed Mass Effect Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing else. Oh by the way, Halo got Shooter of the Year in 2001.
ANZAC_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ANZAC_RaGe
Mass effect and Bioshock are throw away game, Rentals at best... Who would waste $60 on a game they might play through maybe twice? I mean come on Game of the Year, and you played it twice????? lol Grow up
Avatar image for LegendofYaslint
LegendofYaslint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#61 LegendofYaslint
Member since 2004 • 2798 Posts

Why does everyone love CoD4 so much? It's just a rehash of CoD1 and CoD2 set in modern times......

Hell, I even enjoyed CoD1 much more than CoD4.

trix5817

People really love the CoD formula, and that formula became even more fun w/ modern weapons and a well done leveling system. Once you add the best MP maps they've ever made, you have an amazingly fun game.

Pretty simple, almost everyone thinks CoD 4 is more fun than Crysis, Halo, and all the other shooters. Just b/c it's similar to the other games doesn't mean it's still not the most fun shooter on the market for a ton of people.

I played Crysis twice and i'm done w/ it, CoD 4 is stil about as fun as I've had w/ any FPS in a long time.

unrealslim09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 unrealslim09
Member since 2006 • 1196 Posts
bioshock for the win
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
FPS of the year, yes. GOTY? No.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
it's one of the best games i played this year. Galaxy is my game of the year though
3ggman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 3ggman
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
I've had a LOT more fun playing through Crysis SP than COD4 SP. Although I do prefer the COD4 multiplayer. But I care more in single player anyways so my FPS of the year goes to Crysis.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

Why does everyone love CoD4 so much? It's just a rehash of CoD1 and CoD2 set in modern times......

LegendofYaslint

People really love the CoD formula, and that formula became even more fun w/ modern weapons and a well done leveling system. Once you add the best MP maps they've ever made, you have an amazingly fun game.

Pretty simple, almost everyone thinks CoD 4 is more fun than Crysis, Halo, and all the other shooters. Just b/c it's similar to the other games doesn't mean it's still not the most fun shooter on the market for a ton of people.

I played Crysis twice and i'm done w/ it, CoD 4 is stil about as fun as I've had w/ any FPS in a long time.

The CoD4 formula is getting old. The SP in CoD4 wasn't as good as CoD1's or UO's IMO. It just didn't feel epic and wasn't really immersive like the other CoD's. The only memorable mission was "Ghillie in the Mist", all the others were pretty mediocre. Never really got my adrenaline pumping and didn't send chills down my spine like CoD1 and UO did. The defending mission in CoD4 was a complete joke compared to the others in the previous CoD's. CoD4's MP is good, but the same as the previous CoD's but with a ranking system, big deal.....

I honestly think that the majority of the people who are in love with CoD4 and say it's absolutely amazing, have never played CoD1 and UO.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

trix5817

Same here, but I still like CoD 4