Call of Duty 4 should get GOTY.

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

This game deserves GOTY. Poor Halo, first GTAIII then Half life 2(shooter of the year) and this year with the likes of crysis, bioshock and Call of duty 4. I'll admit the original Halo should have gotten GOTY. But i hope readers choice award and GOTY award goes to Cod4 this year. I don't play many FPS's but having a 360 i was pretty much forced to try some of the AAA ones...and bioshock and halo were both great somewhat but Cod4 was surprising on all levels. Totally surpassed my expectations.

Opinions?

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

Mass Effect,

although COD4 is very close behind.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kratos_OMEGA

Mass Effect,

TheOwnerOner

I don't think it has a chance on GS but i really liked ME.

H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts
Bioshock, such a refreshing experience, GOTY for me at least.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Whats this fascination with CoD4!? its just a rehashed CoD2 with a detailed ranking system, plain maps, same old gameplay we had 8 years ago bar wallhacking (radar) , flying turrets (choppers) and freaking airstrikes with no warning....

I mean seriously .................... wut?

H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 H3llstrike

Mass Effect,

TheOwnerOner
Umm FPS Mass Effect isn't even in first person, nether-less a shooter?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
agreed CoD4 is amazing... lots of fun, great presentation, great MP...great package
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]

Mass Effect,

H3llstrike

yeah, i was going by the thread title,

didnt even read the poll title...

-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts
My personal GOTY is Mass Effect, though I know that it hardly has a chance on here. My FPS GOTY is BioShock.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kratos_OMEGA

Whats this fascination with CoD4!? its just a rehashed CoD2 with a detailed ranking system, plain maps, same old gameplay we had 8 years ago bar wallhacking (radar) , flying turrets (choppers) and freaking airstrikes with no warning....

I mean seriously .................... wut?

Meu2k7

It's amazing?

And sorry i meant COd4 GOTY as a whole. I wanted to keep the poll as "FPS" only though. Because IMO(anyway) whatever wins shooter of the year will go on to win overall GOTY.

spikegriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spikegriffin
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts
As much as I liked CoD4, the single player literally kills it for me. There are times where I've little to no internet connection so a game that short dosn't hold up real well. Crysis has a longer experience overall, and since it has fewer scripted events it gets a bit more replayability. So, I'd take Crysis over CoD4.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
it does. best FPS I've ever played hands down. HL and halo have nothing on this game.
H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 H3llstrike
[QUOTE="H3llstrike"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]

Mass Effect,

TheOwnerOner

yeah, i was going by the thread title,

didnt even read the poll title...

I know, just giving you a hard time:)
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Bioshock ftw.....i still havent play ME....so thats my goty for now
kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts
Actually there´s a voting going on on the first page and it seems that COD4 is leading with 15% (4500 votes) and Bioshock and Halo 3 at second place with around 11% (3900 votes) but yeah COD4 really deserves to win even though Halo3 was a better experience (for me anyways).
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kratos_OMEGA
My personal GOTY would actually be Phoenix Wright 3 but we all know that ain't gonna win. Out of all the realistic candidates cod4 is my pic.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
I would agree that BioShock has a longer and more fulfilling single player experience no doubt. But CoD4's single player is just so much fun I had to try and beat it on veteran after hardened. It just screams quality. The MP is amazing too. I dunno maybe its just refreshing since Im sick of Halo 3. Too many good shooters this year. Maybe they should try to spread them out over the years a little bit.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

Why does everyone love CoD4 so much? It's just a rehash of CoD1 and CoD2 set in modern times......

Hell, I even enjoyed CoD1 much more than CoD4.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Wouldn't have a problem with any of those getting FPS GOTY. The only knock I have on COD4 is the multiplayer.

It has great, yes great, multiplayer, but it is not balanced. Ex. You rank up and get a huge advantage over those who are just starting out with the game. Unlike Halo 3 or even Shadowrun ....It also does not ballance the game at all. If you connect into a game a majority of the time it is 30+ ranked guys against 2-20 ranked guys. This is when in a general lobby. It seems the games likes to put the low end against the hight end. Not fare. Now that I have a high rank it is ok though ;-) I kid I kid.

Add a balance system and it gets my FPS GOTY. Mass Effect would be my GOTY of all games though.

a_chalz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 a_chalz
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
Halo 3
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
i agree
fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fakkhead
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
imo Halo 3 is the overall better game. Just look at what you got: * Co-op play with up to 4 freaking players!!!!!! * Great singleplayer, the AI is superb imo. * Great Multiplayer with a nice rank system * Forge, Theater! Nice bonus. There's just so much to do in this game that I cant deny its greatness.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

cod4 is my personal goty, as in i enjoyed it more then the other games i played this year

but i highly doubt it will when the critics goty

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 REforever101

imo Halo 3 is the overall better game. Just look at what you got: * Co-op play with up to 4 freaking players!!!!!! * Great singleplayer, the AI is superb imo. * Great Multiplayer with a nice rank system * Forge, Theater! Nice bonus. There's just so much to do in this game that I cant deny its greatness.fakkhead

yes, yes i can

the game is boring. hence everything you just said is negated.

theres a lot of stuff, yes. is any of it fun for longer then a week, no

ive always hated halo, which is why im not sure why i bought halo 3...

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REforever101

COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.J-REAL

well you my friend either couldnt get the game to run on your pc well (im guessing you played the pc version) or you just have a broken taste in gaming

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Why does everyone love CoD4 so much? It's just a rehash of CoD1 and CoD2 set in modern times......

trix5817

and the single player was average at best.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 REforever101
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

naval

apparently your "holy crap" o-meter is broken

cod4 is rather intense at points

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 J-REAL

[QUOTE="J-REAL"]COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.REforever101

well you my friend either couldnt get the game to run on your pc well (im guessing you played the pc version) or you just have a broken taste in gaming

\

Soory kid but I like games like Crysis and Stalker that gives you freedom and with great A.I. Not COD4 where it leads you by the hand. The story in COD4 is terrible and really dont make any sense. So my taste is alright you like kiddy games and like games that make you think.

Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

There are to many reasons why COD4 should not be GOTY.

Singleplayer:

- heavily scripted

-short

-linear

-repetative

-bad ai

-harder difficulties just mean more enemies which have more health

Multiplayer

- repetitive

- repetitive

-many similar maps

- boring map design

- ranking system is boring

People seem to be amazed by COD4. Have they not played COD2? The ranking in mp has been done before in BF series. Also there are many better mp games. BF, Halo, UT. The singleplayer is easily surpased by Crysis or Bioshock. The game isnt really that amazing. Its good but not great.

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 J-REAL
Stalker blows COD4 out the water easily.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
lol, where's the choice for SMG? That game really deserves it the most imo.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 REforever101
[QUOTE="REforever101"]

[QUOTE="J-REAL"]COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.J-REAL

\

Soory kid but I like games like Crysis and Stalker that gives you freedom and with great A.I. Not COD4 where it leads you by the hand. The story in COD4 is terrible and really dont make any sense. So my taste is alright you like kiddy games and like games that make you think.

cod4 is fun because its "a ride". sure thers no real freedom, but that would only ruin some of the fun. granted, not everyone likes that, but i found that thats the only way a cod game can "work"

and why the hell does everyone refer to someone they disagree with as "kid". I'm not a kid, i dont think you're just some kid :|

why refer to me as kid. sorry if i insulted you b4, but damn man.

Oh and quick question, hows crysis' mp? i heard some say its not all that great, while others like it a lot.

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 J-REAL
[QUOTE="J-REAL"][QUOTE="REforever101"]

[QUOTE="J-REAL"]COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.REforever101

\

cod4 is fun because its "a ride". sure thers no real freedom, but that would only ruin some of the fun. granted, not everyone likes that, but i found that thats the only way a cod game can "work"

and why the hell does everyone refer to someone they disagree with as "kid". I'm not a kid, i dont think you're just some kid :|

Oh and quick question, hows crysis' mp? i heard some say its not all that great, while others like it a lot.

Sorry for that kid is just a slang word for me. Power Struggle to me is great at times when im not lagging. On the PC to me

its better than TF2. Its fun when people are not cheating.

splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 splintercell989

lol, where's the choice for SMG? That game really deserves it the most imo.DrinkDuff

It is FPS of the year the rating is on.

Also I understand that COD4 is about bringing you along for a ride and that is why the game is the way it is but I think it could be still a little bit less scripted then it is currently. I played through levels again and its the exact same thing at the exact same point. It is just not FPS of the year. It an honourable mention.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 REforever101
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="J-REAL"][QUOTE="REforever101"]

[QUOTE="J-REAL"]COD4 sucks big time! One of the most boring games of all time. I couldnt take anymore and stop mid way into the game. I dont see why people like this game. To me World in Conflict is game of the year. Its a new way at playing RTS and the online play might be the best this year.J-REAL

\

Sorry for that kid is just a slang word for me. Power Struggle to me is great at times when im not lagging. On the PC to me

its better than TF2. Its fun when people are not cheating.

it lags a lot? and has cheating problems?

i hope its not that bad, i was planning on upgrading my pc soon and i was really looking forward to crysis

splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 splintercell989

i hope its not that bad, i was planning on upgrading my pc soon and i was really looking forward to crysis

REforever101

Well in singleplayer there is no lag if you have the right setting for your comp but depending on the game in multiplayer its better to lower you setting slightly more then in sp or else you will get lag

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 REforever101

[QUOTE="REforever101"]

splintercell989

Well in singleplayer there is no lag if you have the right setting for your comp but depending on the game in multiplayer its better to lower you setting slightly more then in sp or else you will get lag

ah, i see

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

REforever101

Script wise ... but the entire single player mode was a "hold your hand" experiance ... like any other wargame ... spawn millions fo soldiers in the same place.... the levels were so short it was sickening.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naval
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

REforever101

why would i need my holy crap meter when all i have to do is run and gun

splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 splintercell989
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

Meu2k7

Script wise ... but the entire single player mode was a "hold your hand" experiance ... like any other wargame ... spawn millions fo soldiers in the same place.... the levels were so short it was sickening.

I think that is the main problem with the game. The game just throws enemies at you at an unrealistic number. An example being 'one shot one kill' (i think thats the name of the level) where you are waiting for the helicopter. The enemies keep coming and they only attacking in 2 different formations. Its just repetitive and boring. Those parts in the game really take away from the experience. Also the fact that the friendly ai is inhibited by your progress so much and is useless in away.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 REforever101
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

naval

...cause theres some part that make most people say something along the lines of "oh snapzor".

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 REforever101
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

splintercell989

I think that is the main problem with the game. The game just throws enemies at you at an unrealistic number. An example being 'one shot one kill' (i think thats the name of the level) where you are waiting for the helicopter. The enemies keep coming and they only attacking in 2 different formations. Its just repetitive and boring. Those parts in the game really take away from the experience. Also the fact that the friendly ai is inhibited by your progress so much and is useless in away.

i found the friendly ai to be very helpful, though i agree that one shot one kill was a bit crazy

i still LOVE that level though. it just seemed very unrealistic. and on veteran it was hard as hell

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naval
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

REforever101

...cause theres some part that make most people say something along the lines of "oh snapzor".

for me it wa more like, okay more dumb soldiers to kill and so on

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 REforever101
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

naval

for me it wa more like, okay more dumb soldiers to kill and so on

im talking about the parts that didnt involve just enemy soldiers.....

splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 splintercell989
[QUOTE="splintercell989"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

REforever101

i found the friendly ai to be very helpful, though i agree that one shot one kill was a bit crazy

i still LOVE that level though. it just seemed very unrealistic. and on veteran it was hard as hell

The friendly ai is helpful on missions, its not that they dont kill the enemy but they are just way to held back by your progress. This was really evident in the demo and full game on The Bog. Where they just stay in one place and shoot until you get to point A and then they move up.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
cod4
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
Hermits seem a bit angry. Disgusted with the fact COD4 is better than Crysis prehaps?
Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
Call of Duty sucks,its just a typical run-and-gun FPS,if it gets GOTY i'll spam all sites that give it GOTY.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kratos_OMEGA

Hermits seem a bit angry. Disgusted with the fact COD4 is better than Crysis prehaps?butteater86

Crysis's multiplayer is horrible.