Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8187 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Antwan3K: And render selling PlayStations useless? FFS, Sony isn't MS. PC gaming is MS old playground (even greasy Phil pointed that out). Sony barely, if ever had any footing on PC gaming. And ports like Last of Us show it.

according to your logic, PlayStation has already been rendered useless since all their games are timed exclusives.. it's no secret that all their new games are coming to PC so the console is already redundant..

they can't unring that bell.. so if they want their games to actually sell on the PC platform to the full potential, Day One releases on PC is the way to go.. and since making money is the actual goal for any of these companies, i'd wager it's going to happen eventually..

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 948 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:
@pclover1980 said:

F for Jimbo. FWIW, Cows might now celebrate cos the next big wig might not bring their exclusives to PC anymore.

Not really cos the PC releases still make Sony money.

Not really. Horizon, Spider-man and GoW were successes on PC. The rest... not so much

Returnal Is Sony's Second Most Unpopular PC Game at Launch | Push Square

Ratchet & Clank PC port sold even worse than The Last Of Us Part 1 | Metro News

PlayStation Exclusive Sackboy is Flopping on PC (gamerant.com)

I think if this keeps on going, Sony might start carefuly selecting which games to release on PC instead of releasing almost every single 1st party game like they've been under Jim's control

actually, Sony should start releasing their games on PC day-and-date in order to maximize the earning potential..

I've said it before, not every game is going to be a generational banger like God of War, a beloved IP like Spiderman, or a surprise hit like Horizon.. some games are just decent games.. and by releasing those "decent" games years after their launch window (way after all the marketing hype and FOMO have died down), many people have just moved on.. including PC gamers..

i personally think Day One on PC is inevitable for PlayStation.. they've been slow walking the console fandom in that direction and eventually they'll pull the trigger in order to stop leaving money on the table..

If they actually want to sell consoles that would be a terrible decision. I mean, look at Xbox. It sells the worst they've ever sold ever since they started releasing their games on PC day one. Most people just go full PC (me included) if something like that ever happens. Whats the point of buying a console if I can get the same games on PC day one without all the hassles consoles bring like paid online, paid cloud saving, "expensier" games with worst performance for the most part

If that was true, then Nintendo would go PC aswell but they know they need the exclusives to sell consoles. I mean, why would Phil take Starfield and TES VI away for PS consoles and say no to maximum profit? They know they need exclusives. Simple

According to you, Xbox consoles are selling worse than ever before (not true btw) yet the Xbox division is currently generating more revenue than ever before (fact).. thanks for proving my point.. 👍 "selling consoles" isn't the ultimate goal; it's selling software and services to as many gamers as possible..

PC gamers already know that all PlayStation games are "timed exclusives" at this point.. PC guys are likely already bypassing the purchase of a PS5 regardless in favor of getting the superior version of those games on PC down the line .. the only question is what longevity do those PlayStation games have for the PC market after the initial launch hype.. God of War obviously can be sold years after the console release to great success.. Ratchet & Clank, not so much.. games like that would have been better received on PC on Day One during the launch hype window...

console and PC are separate markets.. and Sony is currently leaving alot of money on the table in the PC market.. i doubt they will continue that dynamic just so console fanboys can keep their warm fuzzies over timed exclusives ..

I'll repeat my very first sentence:

If they actually want to sell consoles that would be a terrible decision

IF Sony, like Nintendo, want to sell consoles they do need exclusives. Thats the goal, at least for now: sell consoles.

If in the future they want to sell services and leave the console market behind then sure, they'll probably end day 1 exclusivity, but what they want for their future only they know.

According to you, Xbox consoles are selling worse than ever before (not true btw)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/458019/xbox-series-xs-vs-xbox-one-sales-comparison-june-2023/

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 22.36 million units in 32 months, while the Xbox One sold 22.41 million units.

Its selling worse than the Xbox One and that one had veeeery bad press around it, contrary to the series

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Antwan3K
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:

[...]

[...]

According to you, Xbox consoles are selling worse than ever before (not true btw) yet the Xbox division is currently generating more revenue than ever before (fact).. thanks for proving my point.. 👍 "selling consoles" isn't the ultimate goal; it's selling software and services to as many gamers as possible..

PC gamers already know that all PlayStation games are "timed exclusives" at this point.. PC guys are likely already bypassing the purchase of a PS5 regardless in favor of getting the superior version of those games on PC down the line .. the only question is what longevity do those PlayStation games have for the PC market after the initial launch hype.. God of War obviously can be sold years after the console release to great success.. Ratchet & Clank, not so much.. games like that would have been better received on PC on Day One during the launch hype window...

console and PC are separate markets.. and Sony is currently leaving alot of money on the table in the PC market.. i doubt they will continue that dynamic just so console fanboys can keep their warm fuzzies over timed exclusives ..

IF Sony, like Nintendo, want to sell consoles they do need exclusives. Thats the goal, at least for now: sell consoles.

If in the future they want to sell services and leave the console market behind then sure, they'll probably end day 1 exclusivity, but what they want for their future only they know.

According to you, Xbox consoles are selling worse than ever before (not true btw)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/458019/xbox-series-xs-vs-xbox-one-sales-comparison-june-2023/

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 22.36 million units in 32 months, while the Xbox One sold 22.41 million units.

Its selling worse than the Xbox One and that one had veeeery bad press around it, contrary to the series

the part you're missing is that PS5 consoles would still sell regardless of Day One releases on PC..

yeah, and GI Biz has the Series X|S outpacing the Xbox 360 by 6% despite all the supply constraints.. 🤷‍♂️ y'know, the most successful Xbox console generation thus far.. and none of that is a direct correlation to Xbox releasing games on PC.. Xbox console sales were going to tank last generation and continue into this generation regardless due to the dominance of the PS4 and having many gamers "locked" into the PlayStation ecosystem due to digital purchases (yet another reason why putting their games on PC won't affect PS console sales)..

this idea that putting games on PC will hurt PlayStation console sales is simply unfounded.. what's not a mystery is how much extra money Sony makes from PC releases and how releasing the less popular games are garnering diminishing returns after gamers have moved on to the next hot topic.. Day One PC releases solves that issue for Sony.. plain and simple..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@Antwan3K: I'm not trying to get into your conversation with the other guy, however there is one part I found to be bad for me as an Xbox owner.

"selling consoles" isn't the ultimate goal; it's selling software and services to as many gamers as possible.."

Don't you see that Spencer is slowly killing Xbox? he's trying to get as many games as in as many places as possible. He's basically killing off Xbox. Yes I believe there will be a new Xbox next gen, but after that, I think it's a 50/50 at best, and next gen MS will make a digital only console further stripping gamers of options.

Phil talks a lot of 💩 in front of the camera and yet his actions behind closed doors are the total opposite. His baby in Gamepass is also killing Xbox slowly. By that I mean why make games for Xbox if there are 25 million subscribers waiting for games to come into Gamepass? and when games don't sell devs will start to skip Xbox, the more Gamepass grows the more likely that will happen.

Take for instance all the people in here who say I will just wait for it to come to Gamepass. Serious question, how many games have you bought since you've been a Gamepass subscriber? I ask the same question to everyone who reads this and also has Gamepass, I am 110% sure that Gamepass subscribers are buying less and ess games sold = less games for your platform.

Spencer is cancer when it comes to Xbox. He botched the Series launch, couldn't even release a single first party game alongside its next gen console. Makes games for PC first before porting them to Xbox a year or more later, gets rid of Xbox Live Gold and changed it to Gamepass Core, so in a few months MS will release that its Gamepass "subscribers" will be over 30 million, he's just gonna fudge the numbers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

Lems are worried.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 948 Posts
@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:

[...]

the part you're missing is that PS5 consoles would still sell regardless of Day One releases on PC..

yeah, and GI Biz has the Series X|S outpacing the Xbox 360 by 6% despite all the supply constraints.. 🤷‍♂️ y'know, the most successful Xbox console generation thus far.. and none of that is a direct correlation to Xbox releasing games on PC.. Xbox console sales were going to tank last generation and continue into this generation regardless due to the dominance of the PS4 and having many gamers "locked" into the PlayStation ecosystem due to digital purchases (yet another reason why putting their games on PC won't affect PS console sales)..

this idea that putting games on PC will hurt PlayStation console sales is simply unfounded.. what's not a mystery is how much extra money Sony makes from PC releases and how releasing the less popular games are garnering diminishing returns after gamers have moved on to the next hot topic.. Day One PC releases solves that issue for Sony.. plain and simple..

Conjecture on your part. You have no way to know that for sure. They might still sell good, sure, but they probably wouldnt sell as much as before. I mean, do you really think most people would buy Nintendo consoles if not for Mario, Zelda or Pokemon? I'm 99% they wouldnt

The X360 era gaming market wasnt nearly as vast as it is today. Good sales in the 360/PS3 time wouldnt be as good as of today. The xbox console market is failing, pure and simple. Is failing so hard MS refuses to release oficial sales numbers. Also, lets not even compare the power Xbox former exclusives had of selling consoles to Sony/Nintendo ones. The only real powerhouse Xbox consoles ever had was Halo, and you could find plenty of alternatives on PC back then. Halo was in direct competition with Playstation, not the xbox brand per se and Halo is nowehere near the same popularity atm. Now you wanted to play Jak and Daxter? Final Fantasy? Tekken? Metal Gear solid? Ratchet and clank? God of War? Devil May Cry? Gran Turismo? You HAD to buy a Playstation. Now these may not be system sellers by themselves but as a whole? The quantity and quality of these IPs were enough to push people into buying a console. Only one IP is hard to sell a console but many of them? It was a given. This has been Sony's strategy ever since the PS1 era

this idea that putting games on PC will hurt PlayStation console sales is simply unfounded...

Just like your idea that it wouldnt. Its conjecture on your part, nothing else. When you have quality games like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Sackboy flopping on PC, I dont think Sony does as much money as you think they do. If anything, they may start being more selective on what games to release on PC, if anything

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Antwan3K
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:
@vatususreturns said:
@Antwan3K said:

[....]

I[....]

Conjecture on your part. You have no way to know that for sure. They might still sell good, sure, but they probably wouldnt sell as much as before. I mean, do you really think most people would buy Nintendo consoles if not for Mario, Zelda or Pokemon? I'm 99% they wouldnt

The X360 era gaming market wasnt nearly as vast as it is today. Good sales in the 360/PS3 time wouldnt be as good as of today. The xbox console market is failing, pure and simple. Is failing so hard MS refuses to release oficial sales numbers. Also, lets not even compare the power Xbox former exclusives had of selling consoles to Sony/Nintendo ones. The only real powerhouse Xbox consoles ever had was Halo, and you could find plenty of alternatives on PC back then. Halo was in direct competition with Playstation, not the xbox brand per se and Halo is nowehere near the same popularity atm. Now you wanted to play Jak and Daxter? Final Fantasy? Tekken? Metal Gear solid? Ratchet and clank? God of War? Devil May Cry? Gran Turismo? You HAD to buy a Playstation. Now these may not be system sellers by themselves but as a whole? The quantity and quality of these IPs were enough to push people into buying a console. Only one IP is hard to sell a console but many of them? It was a given. This has been Sony's strategy ever since the PS1 era

this idea that putting games on PC will hurt PlayStation console sales is simply unfounded...

Just like your idea that it wouldnt. Its conjecture on your part, nothing else. When you have quality games like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Sackboy flopping on PC, I dont think Sony does as much money as you think they do. If anything, they may start being more selective on what games to release on PC, if anything

call it conjecture all you want.. i mean, what exactly would you call your assertion that Day One on PC would hurt PlayStation console sales?.. not only is that conjecture, it's fundamentally outdated thinking..

there is a healthy console market that PlayStation is currently dominating and PlayStation would continue to dominate that market due to their worldwide brand power.. casual, mass-market, gamers aren't going to all go build gaming rigs to play the latest PlayStation exclusives.. they'll continue to play them on their preferred device, the PlayStation console.. if/when Sony decides to pull the trigger on PC Day One releases, that fact will be glaringly clear..

as far as Xbox, they dropped the ball catastrophically in the Xbox One era.. the PS4 ended the console war and now PlayStation is virtually untouchable in the home console market.. the Series X|S wasn't going to be a break-out success no matter what they did this generation.. what they needed to do was change the perception of the brand, add support to their first party portfolio, and be aggressive on pricing and options.. they've done all that and more.. you call the Xbox market a failure yet Xbox has more active users and is generating more revenue than ever before.. you should probably take a step back from viewing everything through the lens of console sales..

again, call it conjecture, speculation, or anything else.. your statements are no different.. what isn't up for debate is the fact that the console market and the PC market are separate markets and the fact that Sony is leaving money on the table in the PC market.. i doubt they will continue to do that in order to satisfy outdated console war ideologies..

and that's some pretty wishful thinking on your part in terms of Sony being "selective" in the future in releasing PC games.. all their upcoming live service titles are releasing Day One on PC (and keep in mind that live service game development is what they are primarily focusing on currently), they have an entire studio in Nixxes for PC porting, and they've repeatedly stated that the return on investment on these ports is extremely high.. so yeah, the writing is already on the walls regardless of if you want to pay attention or not..