Bone has more features, but PS4 has more useful features

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan1
BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BattlefieldFan1
Member since 2012 • 841 Posts

So now we know that the Xbone has no x-game chat and no streaming options while the PS4 has both.

Number of features don't mean squat if you're not going to use any of them.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

xbox one does not have a party chat facility?

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattlefieldFan1

@psymon100 said:

It has an extremely limited party chat feature.

If you're not playing games, you can chat with other people who aren't play games.

If you are playing a game, you can only chat with other people who are playing the same game as you are.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5971 Posts

So party chat and streaming options are the only useful features. I didn't know that, please keep making these really insightful threads.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

So now we know that the Xbone has no x-game chat and no streaming options while the PS4 has both.

That's what I always said about the number of exclusives. What good are having games like Ni No thank you if I'm not going to play them? I however will use Skype on my TV, the NFL features, and gaming. So X1 will work for me.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By psymon100

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

If you're not playing games, you can chat with other people who aren't play games.

If you are playing a game, you can only chat with other people who are playing the same game as you are.

wow. shocking if true. that would be a regression. taking away features from the 7th gen.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

PS4 has more features but the difference is their useful.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattlefieldFan1

@tdkmillsy said:

So party chat and streaming options are the only useful features. I didn't know that, please keep making these really insightful threads.

1080p is an exclusive feature on the PS4. That's pretty important.

The best 1st party studio in the world is also pretty important.

Having a UI that doesn't lag and crash is another one.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

The XBoxOne does have cross game chat. Where did you hear otherwise?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StormyJoe

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@psymon100 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

wow. shocking if true. that would be a regression. taking away features from the 7th gen.

Yeah. Turns out that the VOiP API for the Xbone was coded such that game developers need to program their own VOiP API for their games in order to support voice chat. This ruins uniformity.

It was too late for the suits at Microsoft to change it when they found out what the newbies were doing. Furthermore, it was already deeply integrated into their OS, meaning that if they changed anything, it would sacrifice the stability of their OS.

I do expect x-game chat to come to the Xbone in 6 years, but it won't have the smoothness and stability that the PS4 has since the PS4's OS was coded ground-up with support for that feature.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

That's what I always said about the number of exclusives. What good are having games like Ni No thank you if I'm not going to play them? I however will use Skype on my TV, the NFL features, and gaming. So X1 will work for me.

Hey, be nice to Ni No Kuni! Personal GOTY >.<

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StormyJoe

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Forza is 1080P. Stop making sh*t up.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

Where the hell are you pulling this from? That would make absolutely no sense considering the 360 has had party chat for like 5+ years.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

“Let me get into some technical detail regarding it – on 360, the OS handles all of the party and chat functionality. All you do is hook up the XBL VOiP OS API into your game, and it does most of the work for you. With it results in is a shared experience across multiple entertainment. If you’re watching movies or playing games, you can do it together. However, this system is entirely different on Xbox One. So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online. We are signed in our profiles. Sitting at the home screen, we are considered to be in a “Xbox Party” on the server. There are no more ‘party leaders’. With that said if any one of us decide to start a game, the party is shifted over to that game’s party system. Each game now has their custom written VOIP.” (Pete note: shoutout to thuway!)

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattlefieldFan1

@bobbetybob said:
@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

Where the hell are you pulling this from? That would make absolutely no sense considering the 360 has had party chat for like 5+ years.

Again, the guys who coded the OS for the Bone weren't gamers. They're not the same guys who made the 360.

“Let me get into some technical detail regarding it – on 360, the OS handles all of the party and chat functionality. All you do is hook up the XBL VOiP OS API into your game, and it does most of the work for you. With it results in is a shared experience across multiple entertainment. If you’re watching movies or playing games, you can do it together. However, this system is entirely different on Xbox One. So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online. We are signed in our profiles. Sitting at the home screen, we are considered to be in a “Xbox Party” on the server. There are no more ‘party leaders’. With that said if any one of us decide to start a game, the party is shifted over to that game’s party system. Each game now has their custom written VOIP.” (Pete note: shoutout to thuway!)

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StormyJoe

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

That's not what they are saying. Stop making sh*t up. You cannot cross game chat with 360 players at the moment.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Forza is 1080P. Stop making sh*t up.

I should correct that.

The PS4 is the only next-gen console that can play 1080p for games that actually look like next-gen games.

Forza 5 is 1080p Forza 4.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattlefieldFan1

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

That's not what they are saying. Stop making sh*t up. You cannot cross game chat with 360 players at the moment.

Reading comprehension issues.

He was first talking about what the 360 did right.

Now he's talking about what the Bone did incorrectly.

"So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online." He's not talking about people owning ONEs and 360s. He's only talking about people who own ONEs. I know you're getting too emotional and it's blinding your reading comprehension skills, but do try to look at this objectively. This is a VERY serious issue.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@renegade311 said:

It's written by Pete Dodd, aka Famousmortimer, the same Rtard who said the XB1 UI was a cluster f*ck. He's already been proven wrong, Battlefieldfan1 is so terrified of the XB1 that he's using outdated and false information to chip away at the hype.

What do yo expect? He's already bored of his PS4

che5ter666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By che5ter666
Member since 2004 • 703 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

Does your article not mention 'rumour'?

According to this article, Microsoft has confirmed the same support that was on 360.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a526202/xbox-one-supports-eight-person-party-chat.html

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@brucebenzing said:

@renegade311 said:

It's written by Pete Dodd, aka Famousmortimer, the same Rtard who said the XB1 UI was a cluster f*ck. He's already been proven wrong, Battlefieldfan1 is so terrified of the XB1 that he's using outdated and false information to chip away at the hype.

What do yo expect? He's already bored of his PS4

Who wouldn't be bored of that piece of crap? Resogun can only be fun for so long.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

The best 1st party studio in the worldis also pretty important.

You're an idiot if you think 1080p is a feature AND exlcusive. Wait your threads and post have already solidified that.

Nice opinion kid but your opinion (especially your opinion) =/= fact

I know you're not going to compare that POS UI to that of LIVE? You'd have to a .......wait, already established that part

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Renegade311

Should change this title to

Bone has more features

PS4 has more watered down imitations.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Hard to argue with facts like that TC.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

Another thread by this immature fanboy made in order to make himself feel better about his pathetic life. Why even bother replying to this diehard Sony fanboy? You reek of insecurity.

He is so insecure about his precious PS4, that in order to make himself feel better about himself, he makes threads degrading Microsoft and Xbox in any way.

You can have party chat anytime even without playing the same game. If your friend is at the dashboard/home, you can still have a party chat with that person even if you are playing a game, or are playing different games. Stop spreading MISINFORMATION. It works just like the Xbox 360 party chat.

http://www.destructoid.com/party-chat-with-up-to-eight-people-on-xbox-one-264175.phtml

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/24/xbox-one-will-support-eight-for-party-chat-at-launch.aspx

Xbox One has twitch and streaming will be available early 2014. Do you even bother to research before posting?

I don't really care if it comes next year, as I will be buying mine next year, together with a PS4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/xbox-one-twitch-app-detailed-broadcast-from-2014

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

LinK?

Reading comprehension issues.

He was first talking about what the 360 did right.

Now he's talking about what the Bone did incorrectly.

"So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online." He's not talking about people owning ONEs and 360s. He's only talking about people who own ONEs. I know you're getting too emotional and it's blinding your reading comprehension skills, but do try to look at this objectively. This is a VERY serious issue.

YOU HAD A WHOLE THREAD WHERE PEOPLE CALLED YOU A PIECE OF SHIT ASSWIPE AND GAVE YOU CONSTANT LINKS THAT YOU ARE AN ILLITERATE MAN-BABY.

Please stop spamming your made up Bullshit every 6 seconds.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By psymon100

@CloudStrife213 said:

Another thread by this immature fanboy made in order to make himself feel better about his pathetic life. Why even bother replying to this diehard Sony fanboy? You reek of insecurity.

He is so insecure about his precious PS4, that in order to make himself feel better about himself, he makes threads degrading Microsoft and Xbox in any way.

You can have party chat anytime even without playing the same game. If your friend is at the dashboard/home, you can still have a party chat with that person even if you are playing a game, or are playing different games. Stop spreading MISINFORMATION. It works just like the Xbox 360 party chat.

http://www.destructoid.com/party-chat-with-up-to-eight-people-on-xbox-one-264175.phtml

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/24/xbox-one-will-support-eight-for-party-chat-at-launch.aspx

Xbox One has twitch and streaming will be available early 2014. Do you even bother to research before posting?

I don't really care if it comes next year, as I will be buying mine next year, together with a PS4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/xbox-one-twitch-app-detailed-broadcast-from-2014

Thank you for this.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lmao man, the cow meltdown these past few days has been impressive.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Cows love to reach. More so than lems which is amazing to me.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CloudStrife213

@psymon100:

No problem man.

@BattlefieldFan1:

So you are basing all of this information off of rumors? How hard would it be for Microsoft to implement the 8 - party chat feature like in the Xbox 360?

What we have been hearing from all reliable sources/ gaming sites is that the Party chat of Xbox One will be exactly the same as the Xbox 360's meaning you can party chat anytime regardless of what you are doing on the Xbox, but Microsoft may also consider increasing the number of people in the Party chat from 8 if the demand for it is high.

Microsoft's definition of a party chat : An Xbox Live party lets you invite up to seven people to communicate online while you all do other activities, like watching movies, playing games, or just chatting.

Not only that, but you can now have 1000 friends on Xbox Live, have followers, etc.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-one-friends-and-multiplayer

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Look, I like the PS4 a lot, but saying it's features are more 'useful' just comes off like damage control of the sad fact that they didn't make 90% of the PS3's features available at launch. I'm confident they will be added... to all consoles... but saying the PS4's limited feature set at launch doesn't matter is just ridiculous.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

TLHBO. That's just pathetic

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts
@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Xbox does have twitch streaming (delayed) so it can broadcast in full HD unlike PS4.

Secondly Xbox One does have X-party chat and x-console party chat. PS3/PS4 cant do that lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@good_sk8er7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

All in fun dude. Hope it gets GOTY somewhere for fans like you. I however I try cant get into these games. I want to, really I do. I feel like I'm missing out on something in gaming. But I just cant.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@CloudStrife213 said:

Again, I'm not denying that the Xbone has party chat. It doesn't have x-game chat.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CloudStrife213

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Again, I'm not denying that the Xbone has party chat. It doesn't have x-game chat.

What do you mean by x-game chat? And how do you even know it doesn't have x-game chat / cross-game chat? Because of a rumor?

The Xbox 360 has a party chat feature that allows you to talk to anybody regardless of what you or they are doing. What makes you think that the Xbox One won't do the same? Because of a rumor?

Your rumor has not been proven nor is it credible.

Gaming/Credible sites have already said that the Xbox One's party chat will act the same way as the Xbox 360's party chat.

c0din3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 c0din3
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

@StormyJoe:

@mrxboxone said:
@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Xbox does have twitch streaming (delayed) so it can broadcast in full HD unlike PS4.

Secondly Xbox One does have X-party chat and x-console party chat. PS3/PS4 cant do that lol

This guy is gonna keep fighting with you he has no proof of anything but what he has pulled out of his butt xbox does have x game chat and it will have streaming just not right off of launch. i watched him fight with a guy yesterday and he lost cause he has no proof and he thinks hes cool on the internet and hes a play station fan boy. im not hating on the play station but both consoles are gonna be perty much equal. but for me i still think the xbox is gonna be a little bit better cause i like the games for it and we have better online.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@CloudStrife213 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

What do you mean by x-game chat? And how do you even know it doesn't have x-game chat / cross-game chat? Because of a rumor?

The Xbox 360 has a party chat feature that allows you to talk to anybody regardless of what you or they are doing. What makes you think that the Xbox One won't do the same? Because of a rumor?

Gaming/Credible sites have already said that the Xbox One's party chat will act the same way as the Xbox 360's party chat.

X-game chat = chatting with people playing different games that you are.

Party chat does not mean x-game chat.

Yes, and the guy who wrote that blogpost was the one who leaked the 720p resolution of Ghosts on the Bone, so I'd say he's pretty reliable.

Furthermore, no x-game chat on the Bone wasn't started by Famousmortimor. It was stated by our very own TheShensolidus. He's a confirmed insider and has stated that the Xbone doesn't have x-game chat months before Famousmortimor even said anything about it.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

we all know how forza 5 got 1080p LOL

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@good_sk8er7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

All in fun dude. Hope it gets GOTY somewhere for fans like you. I however I try cant get into these games. I want to, really I do. I feel like I'm missing out on something in gaming. But I just cant.

That's okay, not everyone can like the same things. If that's how things were we'd probably only have like one genre. That would suck!

Different opinions are always welcome here :)

I feel the same with RTS and fighting games :/

c0din3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By c0din3
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Yes, and the guy who made this rumor was the one who leaked the 720p resolution of Ghosts on the Bone, so I'd say he's pretty reliable.

Furthermore, no x-game chat on the Bone wasn't started by Famousmortimor. It was stated by our very own TheShensolidus. He's a confirmed insider and has stated that the Xbone doesn't have x-game chat months before Famousmortimor even said anything about it.

dude what are you smoking??? ya cool ghost is 720p the human eye cant tell tell the difference between 1080p and 720p. battlefield 4 is 720p on ps4 and 1080p on xbox one so it equals out. party chat is x game chat i can do what ever i want will my friend is play a game and and i can talk to him no matter what game im on. play station 4 is doing the same there x game chat is party chat

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

You are guess this sh7t. Obviously you know nothing about XBL. No streaming options? Check again.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BattlefieldFan1

@c0din3 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Yes, and the guy who made this rumor was the one who leaked the 720p resolution of Ghosts on the Bone, so I'd say he's pretty reliable.

dude what are you smoking??? ya cool ghost is 720p the human eye cant tell tell the difference between 1080p and 720p. battlefield 4 is 720p on ps4 and 1080p on xbox one so it equals out. party chat is x game chat i can do what ever i want will my friend is play a game and and i can talk to him no matter what game im on. play station 4 is doing the same there x game chat is party chat

LOLOLOL...

There is a gigantic difference between 720p and 1080p. Let me guess, you're an applesexual who bought the retina display marketing rhetoric from Apple, right?

Battlefield 4 is 900p on the PS4 and 720p on the Xbone.

Party chat is NOT x-game chat. X-game chat is a feature of party chat. The Xbone has party chat, but its party chat does not have the x-game chat feature.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Renegade311

Does Battlefieldfan1 have autism?

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@SinjinSmythe said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@psymon100 said:

You are guess this sh7t. Obviously you know nothing about XBL. No streaming options? Check again.

Famousmortimor, Thuway, and Shensolidus all said the same thing.

Shensolidus said right here at System Wars that Xbone didn't have X-game chat months before both Famousmortimor and Thuway have said anything about it.