Bloodborne has some SERIOUS design issues!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@clone01 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@jg4xchamp:

Oh yeah dude. When you get killed and get angry and just want to get those souls back, those 45 seconds can feel like eternity

lol. Its a bit like gambling. "I can get my money back!"

lol it really is cause sometimes you cant get those souls back.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@darklight4 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Mario1331:

Aren't you limited to twenty Blood Vials and Silver Bullets each ?

Edit: or is that cap only place on the beginning of the game ?

In the hunters dream you have a storage box. If you collect more than 20 bullets or vials they get sent to storage.

An example could be I have 20 vials and 5 in storage, if I die any vials I used will get replaced by those in storage. 20 is the carry limit but can be extended if you find caryll runes. I have a caryll rune that increases the amount of blood echoes from killing enemies for example.

i did not know this. i was trying to figure out why my blood vials would disappear from my storage or would automatically refill after every time i die.

PJDespaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#403 PJDespaw
Member since 2013 • 92 Posts

For me it wasn't the limit on ammo or the difficulty of the game.

I detest the combat in this game for a number of reasons. As usual with any Souls game the camera is your worst enemy. This one is actually a notch more annoying than the previous Souls games. Primarily because the level design is littered with stupid things like rocks, more rocks, coffins, more coffins, little gates you can't really see while moving and other things that just blow my gasket.

Another thing I despise is the weapon design. This was NOT a good change. Limited amounts of weapons when none of them interest you is boring. I don't like any of the weapons. None of them have my love like the weapons of the other Souls games.

Another thing I absolutely detest about this game is the fact when you lock on you just quick step instead of rolling. This means 9/10 times when a boss arc swings he will hit you. So the whole game becomes a game of run out, run in, hit once and run out again. Screw all that.

Ever try quick stepping a charging hog? Yeah, that level of assholery you can expect from this broken design.

Hunters aren't supposed to use shields? Says who? Leave dumb ass philosophy like that checked at the door and do what you do best as a company. If the IPs before this one allowed for shields, so be it!

I played hundreds of hours like everyone else in the other Souls games. I think I got up to about 30 hours into Bloodborne and I have yet to regain any interest in it. **** that game.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#404 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

This thread is new.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@nyadc said:

This thread is new.

Except it isn't. In fact if you look at the OP, it clearly states it's around 3 months old. How did you not notice that? I hate you.

-Horuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By -Horuu-
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@nyadc said:

This thread is new.

Except it isn't. In fact if you look at the OP, it clearly states it's around 3 months old. How did you not notice that? I hate you.

I think he was joking.

And I hope you were too.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I quit the game one day before E3. Just curious, anyone still playing the game on a daily basis? Im currently praising the sun and hope the expansion gives us cracked red eye orbs OR gives us another reliable way to invade. Still want to pvp but im fking done with waiting up to 15 minutes per invade with this shitty bell maiden system we currently have.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@bobrossperm:

@bobrossperm said:
@nyadc said:

This thread is new.

Damn.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@StrongBlackVine said:

@bobrossperm:

@bobrossperm said:
@nyadc said:

This thread is new.

Damn.

I.. I don't hate him. Okay? Gawd.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#410 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Fanboys and apologists will be upset, but the game does have some problems, a lot of them.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#411  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I quit the game one day before E3. Just curious, anyone still playing the game on a daily basis? Im currently praising the sun and hope the expansion gives us cracked red eye orbs OR gives us another reliable way to invade. Still want to pvp but im fking done with waiting up to 15 minutes per invade with this shitty bell maiden system we currently have.

I have about 200 hours into it and I just put the controller down and didn't come back to it. It's become a blood gem farming simulator in the chalice dungeons. Only problem is 99.9% of the blood gems that drop are total shit.

I was hoping the blood gems you find would scale with NG+, but they of course didn't. At this point if the expansion is just more of the same old shit I'm probably going to end up selling it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#412 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Admittedly the game goes to shit about 2/3rds of the way in, but that's no reason to bump a three month old thread.