Black Ops best-selling PS3 title in history

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SHR3DD3D
Member since 2011 • 889 Posts

"First-person shooter phenomenon Call of Duty: Black Ops is the best-selling PlayStation 3 game ever, Activision has claimed."

The gargantuan game company cited data from NPD, ChartTrack and GfK as it announced that the First Strike downloadable content had hit the PlayStation Network.

Activision failed, however, to reveal specific sales for the PS3 version of the game.

Black Ops beats PS3-exclusive simulation racer Gran Turismo 5 (6.37 million), Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (5.2 million), Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (4.75 million), Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (over 3.8 million copies worldwide) in the illustrious list of PS3 best-sellers.

_

I'm happy it beats out all the PS3 exclusives. It's the best title that PS3 has to offer at the moment. :)

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

I'm amazed how the most rehashed FPS in history with an outdated engine can sell as much as MGS4 or UnCharted.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

"First-person shooter phenomenon Call of Duty: Black Ops is the best-selling PlayStation 3 game ever, Activision has claimed."

The gargantuan game company cited data from NPD, ChartTrack and GfK as it announced that the First Strike downloadable content had hit the PlayStation Network.

Activision failed, however, to reveal specific sales for the PS3 version of the game.

Black Ops beats PS3-exclusive simulation racer Gran Turismo 5 (6.37 million), Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (5.2 million), Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (4.75 million), Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (over 3.8 million copies worldwide) in the illustrious list of PS3 best-sellers.

_

I'm happy it beats out all the PS3 exclusives. It's the best title that PS3 has to offer at the moment. :)

SHR3DD3D
It shouldnt be best sellng....
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

SHR3DD3D

Wait are playing the same game here? Black Ops isn't the worst game ever but by far not the best.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

_

SHR3DD3D

complete and utter nonesense, I can pull better games out if my rectum, the fact is defacto COD will be best seller on all ssytems, same for the 360, it doesnt mean its the best game on the 360. Thats the problem with 360 fanatics on tis site, they are devout in thier beleif that sales= quality :lol:

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

_

Zaibach

complete and utter nonesense, I can pull better games out if my rectum, the fact is defacto COD will be best seller on all sytems, same for the 360, it doesnt mean its the best game on the 360. Thats the problem with 360 fanatics on this site, they are devout in thier belief that sales= quality :lol:

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

_

Zaibach

complete and utter nonesense, I can pull better games out if my rectum, the fact is defacto COD will be best seller on all ssytems, same for the 360, it doesnt mean its the best game on the 360. Thats the problem with 360 fanatics on tis site, they are devout in thier beleif that sales= quality :lol:

No, it's not the best-selling game on the 360. Otherwise, Activision would have reported it. :)

But it beats out anything on the PS3, though. :) Appears that PS3 gamers only buy CoD since they have nothing else to purchase or play. :)

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

ive bought two copies for local multiplayerbut i kinda regret it because i do not like the multiplayer as much as i though i will

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

_

SHR3DD3D

No, it's not the best-selling game on the 360. Otherwise, Activision would have reported it. :)

But it beats out anything on the PS3, though. :) Appears that PS3 gamers only buy CoD since they have nothing else to purchase or play. :)

Besides GT5 and Prologue, MGS4 and U2?

GTA_fan999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GTA_fan999
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts

It's also the worst quality game in PS3 history too

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

PS3 kidz sure do love their shooters!

GTA_fan999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTA_fan999
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts

PS3 kidz sure do love their shooters!

gensigns

I know, I dont know why they just don't buy a 360 and play Halo.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

SHR3DD3D

Oh boy :shock:

Zune_HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zune_HD
Member since 2010 • 1144 Posts

And yet all of them bought the inferior version. Shame.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

themyth01

Oh boy :shock:

Don't do it.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Messiahbolical-

Zune_HD
I was under the impression that the Wii version was the "inferior" version...
OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]

Messiahbolical-

Wii doesn't count as it's not competing with the HD twins, remember?

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Zune_HD"]

OneLazyAsian

Wii doesn't count as it's not competing with the HD twins, remember?

What are you talking about? :| He called the PS3 version the "inferior" version... yet the only real difference between the 360 and PS3 versions, aside from some post-launch lag, is that Activision sold out to Microsoft and made the PS3 users have to wait an extra month to get(already overpriced) map packs. Whoop de do. If you want to see REAL inferiorities, go check out the Wii version. ;)
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

And its the best selling xbox360 game in history too lmao both are exactly the same

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

Hard to believe. But theres still a few games coming that'll topple it though. Just a matter of time.

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SHR3DD3D

Zune_HD

Actually, the PC version is the inferior one. It's such a terrible experience, that you wonder whether or not Treyarch actually cares about the PC industry.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

i bought it for ps3 on launch. and just bought black ops for 360 for 12 bucks at the pawn shop. so im gonna trade in my ps3 copy for kz3 i guess

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

SHR3DD3D

If you actually owned a PS3 you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

Nice flamebait though.:)

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SHR3DD3D

And its the best selling xbox360 game in history too lmao both are exactly the same

finalstar2007

No, it's not, buddy. Where did you read that in the report? Don't be mad, son. :lol:

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

lusitanogamer

If you actually owned a PS3 you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

Nice flamebait though.:)

It's not nonsense, it's an opinion shared by the majority of the PS3 users (as you can see from the link). :)

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I m really glad i m NOT one of those who bough the game :)
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

What is the point of this thread lol ? sales=quality? do you mean this TC?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

SHR3DD3D

WAY far from being the best.:lol:

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SHR3DD3D

No, it's not, buddy. Where did you read that in the report? Don't be mad, son. :lol:

Maybe you shouldnt be mad bro :lol:.. if Mw2 made it to best selling xbox 360 game why wouldnt balck ops be the same?The best SELLING xbox360 game of ALL TIME!

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Maybe you shouldnt be mad bro :lol:.. if Mw2 made it to best selling xbox 360 game why wouldnt balck ops be the same?The best SELLING xbox360 game of ALL TIME!

Huh, you're giving me a boxart...?

I'd rather gave a legit link to a legit report, son.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

SHR3DD3D

lmfao this boxart is all over the shelves in gaming stores.. alright whatever make you sleep at night :lol:

SHR3DD3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SHR3DD3D

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

lmfao this boxart is all over the shelves in gaming stores.. alright whatever make you sleep at night :lol:

No, seriously, I don't have anything against MW2 being the best-selling Xbox 360 game, I just want some proof, and not a boxart which could have been edited by a skilled Photoshop user? :?

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

_

SHR3DD3D

smh... my mistake, I thought your comment had some type of logic, but I forget I'm in SW.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

EliteM0nk3y

Wait are playing the same game here? Black Ops isn't the worst game ever but by far not the best.

Agreed. It's not even the best CoD this gen. I did like the subtle changes to the game, but the online is laggy, which is a game breaker. The engine is ugly as well, and the game just falls short when compared to many other shooters this gen. I'm not talking about exclusives, either, I'm talking about games like Wolfenstein, which had much better gunplay than CoD does.

Of course it sells well, Activision pushes the game hard. They have to, it's their only big franchise left. Unfortunately, that same fact is what keeps them from allowing the devs to take the time with the engine they need to actually make the game better.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]

Messiahbolical-

I think the Wii forum on the CoD site is the only one not riddled with complaints about how **** the game is and how poorly it runs online. I haven't checked it in a while though, so that might have changed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
This topic made me die a little inside...
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

SHR3DD3D

No, seriously, I don't have anything against MW2 being the best-selling Xbox 360 game, I just want some proof, and not a boxart which could have been edited by a skilled Photoshop user? :?

omg i dont know what i should do facepalm or not :P.. lol this new boxart is all over the stroes, in the real world lol. for both ps3 and 360, i saw it like a few days ago at best buy and ebgames. if it was a photoshop i doubt you'd see it at retails. sigh anyways call of duty games are pretty fun, nothing wrong with them sellign good and being best selling on both platforms even though both consoles got other games that deserve to be best selling. i guess by this we agree that both ps3 owners and 360 owners love call of duty equally

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
Not surprised, people see the 3 words toghether and they just buy it, even if it is the same game than last year with two more colors
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

SHR3DD3D

OH SNAP!

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

I thought cows were sophisticated gamers :O

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

SHR3DD3D

Sales seem to agree with you!

PS3 it only sells Black Ops

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
I would agree.. almost everyone at work with a PS3 has black ops
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Thats a sad comment on the state of things I think. When BO sells more than the gems that are on PS3 theres something wrong.

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

I thought cows were sophisticated gamers :O

Sandvichman

shooterstation comfirmed? i think so

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

I'm happy it beats out all the PS3 exclusives. It's the best title that PS3 has to offer at the moment. :)SHR3DD3D

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="SHR3DD3D"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

omg i dont know what i should do facepalm or not :P.. lol this new boxart is all over the stroes, in the real world lol. for both ps3 and 360, i saw it like a few days ago at best buy and ebgames. if it was a photoshop i doubt you'd see it at retails. sigh anyways call of duty games are pretty fun, nothing wrong with them sellign good and being best selling on both platforms even though both consoles got other games that deserve to be best selling. i guess by this we agree that both ps3 owners and 360 owners love call of duty equally

Brand new copies of the game are like that (at least on the 360). I have seen some of them at EB Games.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

BlackOps is the best CallOfDuty yet but lacks alot of polish to make it a really good COD game

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
The funny part from what I have heard on this forum is the PS3 version is so hacked it is not even fun lol