BioWare: Futue ps3 games will be really solid!

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50699 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Oh please. I'd rather them be honest than to give me some crap about how powerful a system is and whatever.It's all the same crap.

heretrix

I didn't say praise a system. Just shut up about it and that's that (not you, devs).

You have to understand this isn't about just shutting up and making the game. Why shut up when you can give you company tons of free press? Gabe is just playing to the crowd. His opinions are shared by a lot of developers out there. It's just that he is powerful enough to get away with it. Valve isn't dependent on Sony or MS to put their games out, so he doesn't have to hold back.I believe at the beginning of this gen he expressed his displeasure at the way both systems were built as far as multicore processing is concerned. But of course nobody remembers that.

But if they're going to get themselves press that way then I'm all for the negative comments towards them. It goes both ways

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] I didn't say praise a system. Just shut up about it and that's that (not you, devs).Chutebox

You have to understand this isn't about just shutting up and making the game. Why shut up when you can give you company tons of free press? Gabe is just playing to the crowd. His opinions are shared by a lot of developers out there. It's just that he is powerful enough to get away with it. Valve isn't dependent on Sony or MS to put their games out, so he doesn't have to hold back.I believe at the beginning of this gen he expressed his displeasure at the way both systems were built as far as multicore processing is concerned. But of course nobody remembers that.

But if they're going to get themselves press that way then I'm all for the negative comments towards them. It goes both ways

It isn't negative towards their fanbase though. Of course PS3 gamers aren't going to like it, but I don't think they really care. They have the most successful digital distribution platform in the industry and it's on the PC and I'll bet PC gamers don't have a problem at all about what they said.

They are playing to their base.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50699 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]You have to understand this isn't about just shutting up and making the game. Why shut up when you can give you company tons of free press? Gabe is just playing to the crowd. His opinions are shared by a lot of developers out there. It's just that he is powerful enough to get away with it. Valve isn't dependent on Sony or MS to put their games out, so he doesn't have to hold back.I believe at the beginning of this gen he expressed his displeasure at the way both systems were built as far as multicore processing is concerned. But of course nobody remembers that.

heretrix

It isn't negative towards their fanbase though. Of course PS3 gamers aren't going to like it, but I don't think they really care. They have the most successful digital distribution platform in the industry and it's on the PC and I'll bet PC gamers don't have a problem at all about what they said.

that's fine. All I'm saying is I don't mind people talking **** bout them if he's gonna speak out against Ps3.

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#54 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts
BioWare is a good developer, can't wait to see more of their work, as long as they don't consolize their games like IW, they will remain one of my top 5 devs.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Im not HUGE Bioware or WRPG fan, I just liked Mass Effect. Im a JRPG guy so... bleh.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Who buys Valve games on a console anyways, on PC you get free dlc, free mods, constant updates. Valves awesome, portal is awesome. So what, if they wont make ps3 games. Look at Square enix and namco, they dont even have a RPG out for ps3 yet but have like 8 for xbox.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Who buys Valve games on a console anyways, on PC you get free dlc, free mods, constant updates. Valves awesome, portal is awesome. So what, if they wont make ps3 games. Look at Square enix and namco, they dont even have a RPG out for ps3 yet but have like 8 for xbox.Javieralijandro

Namco? they got Eternal Sonata, Tales of vesperia, bakugun lol, tekken i think its from namco lol and others more and square got a couple of PSN games, ps1 games and they will start from next year with star ocean 4, FFXIII and many more

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#58 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
it's just being political. If you look at their record making games, you would think that they don't like the ps3 since they give the 360 so much more love. Things will be more balanced in the future. That's all
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
As I see it, if Valve is allowed to get away with speaking out against the PS3 why can't anyone else speak out against them? Whats with the double standard. If they are trying to stir up press around their games, by being negative then they should be able to deal with the negative comments.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

that's fine. All I'm saying is I don't mind people talking **** bout them if he's gonna speak out against Ps3.

Exactly, I find it very ironic how people complain about others bashing Valve but Valve does the same exact thing. Its a complete paradox.