BioWare: Futue ps3 games will be really solid!

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

After DragonAge, BioWare looks really happy about the ps3 where they stated on an interview that "It was great going through the experience of making Dragon Age, getting familiar with and understanding the PS3. Again, every platform is different, but now I think we're at the position where future PS3 stuff will be really solid and I can definitely say... other things we do will definitely be on PS3."

I have yet to play DragonAge but from what i'v been hearing it looks like a solid game and i sure will have a look at it.

just wanted to share this news :)

ps3 slim Pictures, Images and Photos

Link: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177100

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Great news, too bad companies like Valve can't get the sticks out of their asses and do the same.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Great news, too bad companies like Valve can't get the sticks out of their asses and do the same.

shoryuken_
Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?
fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fire-dragon-90
Member since 2009 • 700 Posts

shoryuken_

Great news, forget valve their a bunch of lazy devs

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I hope Bioware sticks with Edge of Reality for development outsourcing. It's amazing that the studio behind the Hulk game on PS3/360 did Dragon Age so well on PS3. Good for them. I still want to see them pull off Cipher Complex.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shoryuken_

Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?DarkLink77

I don't mind that they don't develop games for the PS3, what I do mind is that they are so vocal (and unprofessional) about how bad the PS3 is. They sound like a bunch of SW fanboys when they make public statements like that.

Avatar image for MetalGearSolidZ
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MetalGearSolidZ
Member since 2009 • 497 Posts

After DragonAge, BioWare looks really happy about the ps3 where they stated on an interview that "It was great going through the experience of making Dragon Age, getting familiar with and understanding the PS3. Again, every platform is different, but now I think we're at the position where future PS3 stuff will be really solid and I can definitely say... other things we do will definitely be on PS3."

I have yet to play DragonAge but from what i'v been hearing it looks like a solid game and i sure will have a look at it.

finalstar2007

Great news, it would be cool if ME2 comes out on PS3

the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

MetalGearSolidZ

and here we go.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?shoryuken_

I don't mind that they don't develop games for the PS3, what I do mind is that they are so vocal (and unprofessional) about how bad the PS3 is. They sound like a bunch of SW fanboys when they make public statements like that.

Maybe they genuinely don't like it? Hell, Valve doesn't even like consoles in general. So what if they call out the one that is the hardest on developers?
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?shoryuken_

Exactly. Then we have devs come out and say how nice it is to develop on the PS3, which makes valve look like bigger idiots.

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

DarkLink77
Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?

don't see what the big deal is, doesn't every PS3 gamer own a gaming rig?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

shoryuken_
Valve can develop for whatever platform they want. Its pretty pointless to bash Valve when their are other companys who won't develop on other platforms.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

MetalGearSolidZ

If you go to the link i posted BioWare mentioned ME but they didnt say anything if its a yes or no, there is a possiblity there but you can rest asure that every single game their going to make will for sure be going to ps3 from now on, meh ME there are tons of great games next year to make me busy imo

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

taj7575

Exactly. Then we have devs come out and say how nice it is to develop on the PS3, which makes valve look like bigger idiots.

I'd say they are far more professional than you both will ever be.

And "Oh, the irony".

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

JangoWuzHere

Valve can develop for whatever platform they want. Its pretty pointless to bash Valve when their are other companys who won't develop on other platforms.

Yeah, it's ownage when Japanese developers do it, but GOD, Valve? They're losers. Plus Gabe is fat. Just sayin'.

/sarcasm.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

Mograine

I'd say they are far more professional than you both will ever be.

And "Oh, the irony".

What do you mean? We're just saying theyre vocal on how they hate the ps3..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Epic Games came out and completely bashed PC gaming, and now the chances of seeing Gears 2 on PC are low. You don't see PC gamers holding such a long grudge however.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

taj7575

Bioware never said that. They said they enjoyed learning new architecture, not that they enjoyed programing for said architecture. BIG DIFFERENCE! Also, they said there will be less frame rate issues with future titles.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?JangoWuzHere

Epic Games came out and completely bashed PC gaming, and now the chances of seeing Gears 2 on PC are low. You don't see PC gamers holding such a long grudge however.

Coming from the studio that made it big with UT, that's pretty damn ironic.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mograine

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

taj7575

What do you mean? We're just saying theyre vocal on how they hate the ps3..

And how does that make them unprofessional?

Because it's their frigging choice?

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shoryuken_

Mograine

It's fine if they really don't want to develop for a certain console, but the bashing and fanboyish comments were completely unnecessary IMO, which is why I think they are stuck up.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Mograine"]

shoryuken_

It's fine if they really don't want to develop for a certain console, but the bashing and fanboyish comments were completely unnecessary IMO, which is why I think they are stuck up.

Maybe they just want to develop for a system that they think sucks? And of course, Valve are fanboys. PC fanboys. HUGE PC fanboys.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

DarkLink77

yes we are, although as more and more companies take this stance valve only make themselves look bad

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

Zaibach

yes we are, although as more and more companies take this stance valve only make themselves look bad

I must also agree, its their own choice thats right, they can make any game on any console they want but them saying ps3 is hard while every other company made a game so far to ps3 just make them look bad but oh well i dont really care for their games personally

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 heretrix

Zaibach

And yet companies like Insomniac and Sucker Punch develop exclusively for Sony and no one bats an eyelash.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

OK guess that means more rpgs coming from them. Now the question is what are these rpgs.

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

Zaibach

Zaibach, you actually need to read the article for yourself. Bioware never said the PS3's architecture was good or that they enjoyed working with it. They said they enjoyed learning something new!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

MetalGearSolidZ

It would be cool if both mass effect games were released for the Ps3

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?heretrix

And yet companies like Insomniac and Sucker Punch develop exclusively for Sony and no one bats an eyelash.

If they can make games look amazing on ps3 which is hard to develope to ( as some lazy devs say) then them making games on other consoles is a piece of cake obviously and i hope they stay exclusive to sony so we get to see more epic games

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?heretrix

insomniac and sucker punch have exclusive franchises with sony, even if they arent 1st party owned they dont come out spewing some of the bs excuses that valve have been doing even going as far as to attack ps3 community...

SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

Bioware is going down on my consideration with every game they release, and i considered one of the very best

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mograine

If they can make games look amazing on ps3 which is hard to develope to ( as some lazy devs say) then them making games on other consoles is a piece of cake obviously

finalstar2007

It doesn't make any logical sense.

Hard doesn't mean less powerful :?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?DarthKalo

Zaibach, you actually need to read the article for yourself. Bioware never said the PS3's architecture was good or that they enjoyed working with it. They said they enjoyed learning something new!

this proves my point it doesnt counter it one bit. bioware's first attempt on the ps3 gave it the "superior" multiplat version. now if valve could embrace the same philosophy i think gamers everywhere would be better off, but thats thier perogative

alskdjfhg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alskdjfhg1
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

DarkLink77

I have to agree, besides valves games are meant to be played on the pc, just like quake 3 :)
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mograine

this proves my point it doesnt counter it one bit. bioware's first attempt on the ps3 gave it the "superior" multiplat version.Zaibach

Wrong.

now if valve could embrace the same philosophy i think gamers everywhere would be better off, but thats thier perogative

Zaibach

Then it should be applied to every dev, shouldn't it :?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]yes we are, although as more and more companies take this stance valve only make themselves look bad

Zaibach

insomniac and sucker punch have exclusive franchises with sony, even if they arent 1st party owned they dont come out spewing some of the bs excuses that valve have been doing even going as far as to attack ps3 community...

Meh. For a platform that so many people here drone on and on about exclusive titles, it's amazing how butt hurt people are getting over this.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 heretrix

[QUOTE="DarthKalo"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]yes we are, although as more and more companies take this stance valve only make themselves look bad

Zaibach

this proves my point it doesnt counter it one bit. bioware's first attempt on the ps3 gave it the "superior" multiplat version. now if valve could embrace the same philosophy i think gamers everywhere would be better off, but thats thier perogative

The superior version of Dragon Age is the PC version. Bragging over which is the better worse version is silly.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]Are we going to bash Valve in every thread about a new company developing for PS3 games, now? They can develop for whatever system they want. They are under no obligation to anyone to develop for any console, so why do you feel entitled to Valve games on your PS3?JangoWuzHere

Because we're too busy bashing on Crapivision.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]And yet companies like Insomniac and Sucker Punch develop exclusively for Sony and no one bats an eyelash.

heretrix

Meh. For a platform that so many people here drone on and on about exclusive titles, it's amazing how butt hurt people are getting over this.

butthurt? sorry i'm british i have no idea what that means but i'll take a shot in the dark and assume that to be a sense of frustration right? Look like I said in a previous post its thier perogative, I couldnt care less about what games get ported where all am saying is they're not making themselves look proffessonial with their conduct...now how about a new rebuttal that isnt a disparaging adjective

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

shoryuken_

'Do you honestly believe Valve is not making PS3 games, out of laziness?

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shoryuken_

'Do you honestly believe Valve is not making PS3 games, out of laziness?

Blue-Sky

No, where did you get that from?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

I hate to be that guy, but what do you expect them to say? lol

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Yeah but you never see them bash other consoles.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 kairikh
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

good news glad to hear bioware will be making more solid stuff, everyone ive spoken too loves dragon age some even moreso than fallout 3 :) from what ive played of the online version i liked it as well though it reminded me of oblivion, good to know we'll be getting more stuff from bioware :D

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Rockman999

this. If you don't want to develop for a console, no problem. But try and be respectful and grown up about it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heretrix

[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="heretrix"]And yet companies like Insomniac and Sucker Punch develop exclusively for Sony and no one bats an eyelash.

Chutebox

this. If you don't want to develop for a console, no problem. But try and be respectful and grown up about it.

Oh please. I'd rather them be honest than to give me some crap about how powerful a system is and whatever.It's all the same crap.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

From what I've heard, the only reason Valve doesn't develop for the PS3 is cause Gabe doesn't like it. The rest of the company doesn't have a problem with it, but whatever he says goes. Hopefully they'll at least let another company port their games to the PS3 like the Orange Box.

Although it's not like I'll ever buy a Valve game on the PS3 anyway. PC is definitely the way to go with any game made by Valve.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Rockman999"]Yeah but you never see them bash other consoles.heretrix

Oh please. I'd rather them be honest than to give me some crap about how powerful a system is and whatever.It's all the same crap.

I didn't say praise a system. Just shut up about it and that's that (not you, devs).
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] this. If you don't want to develop for a console, no problem. But try and be respectful and grown up about it.Chutebox

I didn't say praise a system. Just shut up about it and that's that (not you, devs).

You have to understand this isn't about just shutting up and making the game. Why shut up when you can give you company tons of free press? Gabe is just playing to the crowd. His opinions are shared by a lot of developers out there. It's just that he is powerful enough to get away with it. Valve isn't dependent on Sony or MS to put their games out, so he doesn't have to hold back.I believe at the beginning of this gen he expressed his displeasure at the way both systems were built as far as multicore processing is concerned. But of course nobody remembers that.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

I must also agree, its their own choice thats right, they can make any game on any console they want but them saying ps3 is hard while every other company made a game so far to ps3 just make them look badbut oh well i dont really care for their games personally

finalstar2007

And thats what gets me about Valve. Other developers seem to have the same problems, but their games come out so well when handled correctly. It doesn't really matter to me either way seeing as I haven't cared for a Valve developed game or for the company in general. If they don't like the development process of PS3 games or ports so much that it will have a drop in quality then let them not develop for the console. It would protect there reputation, resources,and whatever else they want to conserve, if they just drop the PS3 altogether. The first thing they have to think about is the company anyway and the fact that they should release games of good to highquality like they have with the other console platform, the 360.