idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

We all seen the hype for both of these games so what was the bigger let down For you?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

For me, Watch Dogs was the bigger let down. I'm OK with Destiny's grind because the Gameplay and graphics are great, and it's fun to play with friends. It's the first 'loot' game that's hooked me thanks to the solid gunplay. Watch Dogs, on the other hand, was dumbed down and looked unremarkable... I never even beat it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm gonna say WatchDogs, for 2 years they had been showing content, hyping and boasting about it, and with the huge, huge downgrade in graphics I think it fell so short of what was promised.

End Of the day, Destiny didn't look all that good to begin with in my eyes, the only thing was they talked the talk and that was it, I mean they both still did really well sales wise no matter what the flop scores are, we can talk all day about scores and how bad this game is and how bad that games in, when it is all said and done, both developers and companies made there money back and more, just on hype alone.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I liked and enjoyed WD

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

People starting to believe big budget games are not always the best games to play? must be a shocker....

Watch Dogs ... it was a big pile of nothing. a GTA type game with the boring ubisoft AC engine ..... years behind the quality of over sandboxes (past graphics).

Destiny - ok ... boring campaign and hard loot system. some poor design choices, but solid gameplay in its genre.... and lasting value. and is still one of the top streamed games on twitch... because despite its flaws it actually has some great aspects.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Destiny I guess.

I expected Watchdogs to be the way it turned out, because Ubisoft. Destiny even with the Bungie logo attached to the box, I assumed would be better than the pitiful husk it is now.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Watch dogs by far for me. I didn't hype Destiny too much anyway, and I knew that it was overhyped after playing the Alpha anyway.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Destiny is only a disappointment if you are a child that buys into hype. Watch Dogs is generic garbage. You pick.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I was never too hyped for Destiny. And I didnt find watch dogs too be a bad game. But it was disappointing considering the wait/delay and the poor performance

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Both are equally garbage. You'd think gamers would learn by now not to buy into artificial hype from publishers for blockbuster shit but no.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 idill23

@chikenfriedrice said:

I liked and enjoyed WD

Not destiny?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I was never hyped for Destiny , so...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

destiny its not a mmo and the sp is crap.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@idill23 said:

We all seen the hype for both of these games so what was the bigger let down For you?

Watchdogs, because I like Destiny. :-)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Destiny by far. Bungie has a higher standard for its games then most devs and they fell well below it. Destiny is the worst bungie game in well over 10 years.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

As far as failure to meet hype it goes Titanfall > Destiny > Watchdogs. They're all pretty much generic games that didn't live up to their hype in gameplay though they still sold well unfortunately.

Titanfall and Destiny are way worse then Watchdogs though because not only are they generic they lack content on top of it.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Watch Dogs. The first E3 trailer looked so promising, and it was the first footage shown of a "next-gen" title.

Destiny looked uninteresting from the start, IMO.

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

For me it was Destiny. Destiny was a highly ambitious title coming from a dev that has a history of delivering quality. Unfortunately, Destiny is just a slightly above average coop loot shooter that could have been a lot more from the get go. Watchdogs did not disappoint me at all, I got what I expected and the only reason people pick on the game is because they compare it to GTA which you shouldn't do anyway.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

To me? Maybe Watch Dogs as i didnt play that game? i got the game for free with my PS4 purchase, inserted into my PS4 then thought to myself this isnt a game i would play, took the disk out and sold the game for $37 the next day earning a profit on a free game lol

meanwhile been playing Destiny since the day it came out so i wouldnt call that a let down at all.. the answer either watch dogs or none of the above as i havent really played watch dogs and im enjoying destiny

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Destiny Dogs

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Watch Dogs....

I never really like what i was seeing from Destiny so I wasnt gonna get the game anyways. But I did think it was gonna get an that the game was gonna get a 9/10 here and in IGN.

Watch Dogs was just a really shitty game that fooled everyone into it (made everyone think it was some real next gen shit).

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Watchdogs....Destiny is at least fun to play. WDs is like Grand Theft paint dry simulator.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I don't think Watch Dogs is a good game

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

Watchdogs hands down... One if the most pointless games I've ever played... Literally everything about feels generic and uninspired.

I'm enjoying Destiny quite t a bit... I see an end game that'll make me wanna put the controller down if they don't cradle the community, add compelling content and sensibly allow further leveling and better loot. It has flaws but it's fun as eff.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@idill23 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I liked and enjoyed WD

Not destiny?

Played the beta and it was okay.....I will be receiving the full game from GF today and we'll see.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Watchdogs hands down... One if the most pointless games I've ever played... Literally everything about feels generic and uninspired.

I'm enjoying Destiny quite t a bit... I see an end game that'll make me wanna put the controller down if they don't cradle the community, add compelling content and sensibly allow further leveling and better loot. It has flaws but it's fun as eff.

They need to add 2 major things!

1- Trade: Why the f**k do i get two legendary armor for a Warlock when i am a Titan? thats one shitty system

2- Screen text chat: How am i supposed to speak to random people who i find in the game? one dude was trying to tell me he found a gold Treasure chest and it took me like 2 minutes to understand what he was trying to tell me after he was jumping and shooting the ground for a while lol.. or what about that loot cave? some people stand too close to the cave making it hard for the enemies to spawn and there is no other way to tell that person to move back.

The game is both good and shitty its confusing

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator

I agree. There are a lot of little head scratches that are riddled all through the design.

The lack of trading is just so frustrating too... It actually doesn't make sense when you think about it. Haha. I think moreso than text chat the game needs some proximity mics... Granted most times I wanna use my mic is with friends but it feels like a feature that should be woven in out respect to the community aspect they're going for. It's a weird omission to force us to play and give us no easy way to communicate.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Well Watch Dogs is still a decent game from what I've gathered.

Destiny is the most expensive game made right now, and it's just bad.

But I guess Watch Dogs was the bigger let down since it seemed promising while Destiny always seemed rather out of focus and vague, like Bungie and Activision were throwing money at the wall and hoping they would make a Picasso painting that way.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Destiny, easily

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

I have not played Watch underscore Dogs..

The only thing I know is that I'm having a good time with Destiny. GOD FORBID, YOU SHITFLUSHERS

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Watchdogs is as generic as a game as they come...but at least it was decent overall. It came from Ubisoft, a company with an up and down track record.

Destiny is a bad game, the combat and graphics are great, but everything else is incredibly flawed. Bungie has never disappointed anyone before Destiny, maybe ODST for some, but ODST was still an awesome game despite it being short.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Honest question here, you feel that destiny isn't generic and uninspired?

I'm not saying watch dogs isn't, but at least with the open world hacking its a new twist on sand box games. Destiny to me at least is the epitome of a generic sci fi game. It clearly borrows inspiration form halo, mass effect, borderlands, MMOs into some weird concoction with generic characters that don't do much, almost everyhting feels ripped off from other games, and in the end its basically just shooting waves of enemies. it doesn't even feel like a campaign, it feels more like a co-op horde mode over and over on 5 different maps. Everything destiny does, some other game has done better before.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Watch Dogs was a massive let down. I bought it, forced myself to beat it and then traded it.

Destiny is pretty damn fun and I'm level 22 and have dumped 18 hours into it thus far. I didn't have a massive hype train going for it either though. I enjoy it for the game it is and thank it for being THE game that made my brother and best bud switch to PlayStation.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@TheEroica said:

Honest question here, you feel that destiny isn't generic and uninspired?

I'm not saying watch dogs isn't, but at least with the open world hacking its a new twist on sand box games. Destiny to me at least is the epitome of a generic sci fi game. It clearly borrows inspiration form halo, mass effect, borderlands, MMOs into some weird concoction with generic characters that don't do much, almost everyhting feels ripped off from other games, and in the end its basically just shooting waves of enemies. it doesn't even feel like a campaign, it feels more like a co-op horde mode over and over on 5 different maps. Everything destiny does, some other game has done better before.

This is very true, nothing about Destiny feels very unique. Compared to Call of Duty or Halo, Destiny is probably the most mindless AAA shooter on the market.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I've only played the Destiny Beta but it was pretty damn fun. (just not spending $60 for an online only game).

WD was a slap in the face. False advertising mix'd with GTA robbery.. Let down galore!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator

@darkangel115: honestly I'm not sure I'm ready to call what Destiny is and isn't as of yet.

I think in one extreme the game never realizes it's potential based on a sheer baffling number of inconsistencies with thought out game design... On the extreme it could be a slow burn to greatness with sensible patches, listening to the community and building upon the excellent mechanics that are there.

Not to bitch out, but I don't know. Destiny could go either way. Right now today...? I think you could get me to see the parallels you're drawing pretty clear. Good call.

Watchdogs bothers me because it's as if UBIsoft sat back and said, "we've released this game with great success many many times... Lets just put it in another location, copy and paste.

As for the hacking aspect, I think it was ok in the end. It had some neat aspects to it and I did like the car chases because of it, But in the end it was a minor difference in terms of gameplay as compared to any other open world sandbox. Hell I'd say the combat and gameplay wasn't really augmented considerably because of it at all.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Never really jumped on the watchdogs hype train. Playing through it at the minute and i'm really enjoying it, not disappointing for me.

I'd say whats more disappointing is the fact Bungie have created a game that hasn't made me want to rush out and buy it day one.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

destiny, because watchdogs was just a normal new ip but bungie got hammered by the sony shooter curse so it is more tragic.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Destiny Dogs

Now there's the definitive GOAT formula if I ever saw one ^_^

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Id have to say Destiny based on hype, delivery and content.

Repetitive, grind-heavy gameplay is unacceptable given the budget and dev time.

At least WD had a story that was easy to follow and made sense given the context.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Hard to say, they both let down in their own says.

Frankly, I thought Watch Dogs wouldn't live up to it's early demo the earliest vertical slice they had of the game, and it became apparent long before release it wouldn't live up to it. People had lots of time and stuff to ponder whether it'd live up to it's potential, there was tons of opportunity for people to lower expectations before its release.

Destiny kept the lid on tight and didn't show much of anything until release, with the most exposure coming from the "beta". IMO gamers weren't granted as much ability to lower expectations before release.

Now, which one dropped the ball more, I'd (for time being) say Watch Dogs. Destiny by no doubt was promoted as having parity between last gen and current gen systems. So, people should not have expected a fully exclusive next gen experience, whereas that's what people were given to believe with regards to Watch Dogs' early vertical slice gameplay. Also, Watch Dogs doesn't have the kind of DLC planned that Destiny has. That to me makes a difference as a big complaint of Destiny has less to do with the technical aspects of the game design and more to do with the narrative /story and immersion qualities of the game. Some other complaints come from bland and repetitive level design, other minor issues with the loot system... stuff that can potentially all be smoothed over with further DLC.

And, it'll be difficult to say which was a bigger let down, as future released content for either franchise is bound to change people's views on the games. Maybe Ubisoft will pull an AC2 on people and get everyone to love Watch Dogs, then milk them with annual half-assed sequels like has been done for every AC game since AC2 and everyone will eat it up. Maybe Destiny will salvage itself with future DLC that will really help the games multiplayer and single player and co-op campaign, maybe by addressing concerns people have with story, immersing people in the lore of the universe rather than making them look it up in an online encyclopedia, fixing loot system, making the missions not feel like repetitive grind fests, improving the loot, whatever.

Too early to tell.

And besides, for being letdowns, they sure are selling well.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#43 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Probably Watch Dogs, because at least Destiny wasn't fabricated during E3. Just people had high expectations from Bungie.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Watch Dogs. It was an enormous dupe attempt. Continually show false advertisements, wait for system sales and game preorders, then show product. Seems unethical. That is like buying tickets to your favorite bands show and then having to listen to a cover band.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#45 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i liked both to be honest, in my humble opinion i don't think they're bad games. People just got too much hype for the games(the E3 trailer for WD didn't help though)

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

I'm having tons of fun with Destiny, I got bored playing Watch Dogs and found it very bland.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

I think Destiny is a slightly bigger disappointment because Bungie didn't deliver on a lot of their promises with the game. I thought Watch Dogs was okay, but at least it's story and characters were coherent

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Neither.

I don't really get hyped for games unless it's a series and I've played an iteration of it before....like Mass Effect or Farcry.

Both were good games...if you were one of the ones that believed all the ads and every bit of hype there was then thats your fault....you should be smarter than that.

And I know I'll eat my words one day....I already have. But it's been a while.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 idill23

@mems_1224:

So you enjoyed Watch Dogs?

mems_1224

Forum Posts