Beyond two souls to be shown at film festival - still not a movie cows?

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Quantic Dream are all about the stories... cannot wait!

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Quantic Dream are all about the stories... cannot wait!

finalstar2007
Aliens! :o
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
I'm curious how they'll take it, compared to movies, David Cage's writing isn't really very good.soulitane
whats bad about it, one thing I notice is that alot of people just repeat what they hear other people on the internet says. So what about his writing do you find a problem with?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="soulitane"]I'm curious how they'll take it, compared to movies, David Cage's writing isn't really very good.Chris_Williams
whats bad about it, one thing I notice is that alot of people just repeat what they hear other people on the internet says. So what about his writing do you find a problem with?

Don't forget to mention that the people that say he is a bad writer are worse writers than he is.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 soulitane
[QUOTE="soulitane"]I'm curious how they'll take it, compared to movies, David Cage's writing isn't really very good.Chris_Williams

[spoiler] Aliens [/spoiler]
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 soulitane
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="soulitane"]I'm curious how they'll take it, compared to movies, David Cage's writing isn't really very good.BPoole96

Don't forget to mention that the people that say he is a bad writer are worse writers than he is.

Doesn't mean that one can't see flaws, that is one of the most inane defenses around. If a chef cooks me a terrible meal, should I not say it's terrible because my cooking skills are worse than his?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="soulitane"]I'm curious how they'll take it, compared to movies, David Cage's writing isn't really very good.soulitane

yeah thats what I thought. You don't even know what your talking about. I'm not even defending Cage but there was honestly nothing wrong with Heavy Rain's story or writing. Sure it could have been better in some regards but most people who like to sit behind their computer screen and tout "Cage is a horrible writer" has probably never written a script before.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] whats bad about it, one thing I notice is that alot of people just repeat what they hear other people on the internet says. So what about his writing do you find a problem with?

yeah thats what I thought. You don't even know what your talking about. I'm not even defending Cage but there was honestly nothing wrong with Heavy Rain's story or writing. Sure it could have been better in some regards but most people who like to sit behind their computer screen and tout "Cage is a horrible writer" has probably never written a script before.

He kinda does,have you ever played Fahrenheit?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Heavy rain won't play in my DVD player. What do?
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 soulitane
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] whats bad about it, one thing I notice is that alot of people just repeat what they hear other people on the internet says. So what about his writing do you find a problem with?

Haven't played Heavy Rain, but the ending of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy just screams bad writing. If it were in any other medium, it would be torn to shreds in reviews. I have heard though that Heavy Rain is full of plot holes, though obviously can't comment on that. Again with the inane argument that "you haven't written/ made this so you can't comment", I have read enough books and watched enough movies to understand what I think is good writing. It's an inane line of argument that doesn't really hold much merit, most reviewers haven't written movies, but they are still able to review them, same with reviewers of books (though obviously they have some writing skills if they're reviewing a book). [spoiler] Throwing in Aliens as a reason for everything happening in a game is complete bullocks. It's not good writing, it's sloppy and down right mediocre. If he's meant to have been a good writer he'd have continued on with the crime mystery he was writing and made a believable ending rather than throwing in this "unexpected twist" to make up for the whole story. [/spoiler]
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 soulitane
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="soulitane"] [spoiler] Aliens [/spoiler]

He kinda does,have you ever played Fahrenheit?

Of course I do, I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can defend that atrocious ending. :P
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#112 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'm gonna enjoy playing and watching Beyond: Two Souls...

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts

I heard James Cameron is directing the next game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
Heavy rain won't play in my DVD player. What do?darkspineslayer
Bluray player. Should work fine.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

It's gonna have to be something really good to beat The Walking Feel.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BPoole96
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] whats bad about it, one thing I notice is that alot of people just repeat what they hear other people on the internet says. So what about his writing do you find a problem with?

Doesn't mean that one can't see flaws, that is one of the most inane defenses around. If a chef cooks me a terrible meal, should I not say it's terrible because my cooking skills are worse than his?

Nobody ever goes into specifics in regards to Cage. It's just "LOL wannabe movie director" and "OMG awful writing". If a chef cooked me a crappy meal, I would be able to openly articulate what is wrong with it. Whereas with Cage I never see any examples. Heavy Rain had some plot holes, but that it more on the story telling side of things. The writing itself was believable and seemed natural in the context of the game.
Avatar image for MstaPrimeMnista
MstaPrimeMnista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MstaPrimeMnista
Member since 2013 • 1042 Posts
Heavy rain won't play in my DVD player. What do?darkspineslayer
Get one without RROD
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Will it be considered piracy to view a walkthrough of this game on youtube?

Ly_the_Fairy

:D

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Looks good tbh.  

Will "play" once its ported to Youtube for cloud streaming on ANY platform :)

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 soulitane
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Don't forget to mention that the people that say he is a bad writer are worse writers than he is.

Nobody ever goes into specifics in regards to Cage. It's just "LOL wannabe movie director" and "OMG awful writing". If a chef cooked me a crappy meal, I would be able to openly articulate what is wrong with it. Whereas with Cage I never see any examples. Heavy Rain had some plot holes, but that it more on the story telling side of things. The writing itself was believable and seemed natural in the context of the game.

Look above. Heavy Rain isn't the only game he's made.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Beyond: Two Souls looks like an interesting game. That's right TC. I said "game". What are you gonna do about it? :cool:
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BPoole96
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="soulitane"] Doesn't mean that one can't see flaws, that is one of the most inane defenses around. If a chef cooks me a terrible meal, should I not say it's terrible because my cooking skills are worse than his?

Look above. Heavy Rain isn't the only game he's made.

So you agree that there was nothing wrong with the writing in Heavy Rain? And you are telling me the flak he gets is from a game he did 8 years ago?
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
I'd rather watch a YT Walkthrough than to bother my friends and play it on their PS3s.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Will look forward to the Youtube port.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#125 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Lol cows and their movies.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Maybe David Cage can remake the Goonies, I want to waggle my Dual Shock and make Chunk do the Truffle Shuffle.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Will look forward to the Youtube port.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#129 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

It's an interactive movie... nothing wrong with that. Buy what ever types of games you like.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

"Quantic Dream's PlayStation 3 adventure Beyond: Two Souls will make an appearance at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, Sony Computer Entertainment announced today. 

A one-hour scene from Beyond: Two Souls will be screened on April 27 alongside a "major trailer" and a "Tribeca Talks" panel featuring actor Ellen Page and director David Cage. The event will be livestreamed on the PlayStation Blog"

So are cows still gonna say it's not a movie? :lol:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/21/4133378/beyond-two-souls-to-appear-at-tribeca-film-festival-as-an-official

seanmcloughlin
:lol::lol::lol: That's me laughing at you for thinking it is a movie.:lol::lol::lol: Does your ignorance have no limit?
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

"Quantic Dream's PlayStation 3 adventure Beyond: Two Souls will make an appearance at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, Sony Computer Entertainment announced today. 

A one-hour scene from Beyond: Two Souls will be screened on April 27 alongside a "major trailer" and a "Tribeca Talks" panel featuring actor Ellen Page and director David Cage. The event will be livestreamed on the PlayStation Blog"

So are cows still gonna say it's not a movie? :lol:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/21/4133378/beyond-two-souls-to-appear-at-tribeca-film-festival-as-an-official

AmazonTreeBoa
:lol::lol::lol: That's me laughing at you for thinking it is a movie.:lol::lol::lol: Does your ignorance have no limit?

What the?
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Walking Dead Games: OMG GOTY SO GOOD

Sony Exclusive Title: lol Movie, Youtube Port !

You stay cIassy, SW.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#133 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Sagem28

lol movie, can't wait for the youtube port!

[spoiler] actually won't even do that cause ew David Cage "games". Same with The Walking Dead games zzzzzzz [/spoiler]

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Playstation exclusive games are industry defining so they transcend their media format. If they took the dialogue from their games and put it into a book it would be a classic, if they took the soundtracks and put it on CD it would be the greatest album of all time.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.Miketheman83
Lems buying the 360 are sending the message that is alright to have no games and rip you off.
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.kuraimen
Lems buying the 360 are sending the message that is alright to have no games and rip you off.

and paying for hardware that struggles to last 12 months.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.APiranhaAteMyVa

and paying for hardware that struggles to last 12 months.

True
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Sean's been rustling jimmies I see :P
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.kuraimen

Rip me off? The 360 is less expensive than the PS3 and has more high rated games. stop being a fanboy and look at the facts.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.Miketheman83
yep I don't have to pay $60 to rent half the games I already bought lol Lems buying the 360 are sending the message that is alright to have no games and rip you off.

Rip me off? The 360 is less expensive than the PS3 and has more high rated games. stop being a fanboy and look at the facts.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]People buying this game are sending a horrible message to developers. Before you know it no games well have gameplay anymore, well just be watching pixels.Miketheman83

People don't care about "High Rated Games" irl.

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

PS3 has more exclusive games rated 70+, don't cry that your only exclusive this year flopped.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Sean's been rustling jimmies I see :Pblue_hazy_basic

Or is it 'Trolling' when other people do it? :P

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Sean's been rustling jimmies I see :PZaibach

Or is it 'Trolling' when other people do it? :P

Its also trolling when Sean does it :P
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Sean's been rustling jimmies I see :Pblue_hazy_basic

I don't think a single jimmie was left unrustled :o

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#146 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
What movie have you ever been to allows you to control your characters and make decisions that lead to over 20 endings? Please answer me that. I hate how so many users on system wars think anything that isn't a typical "game" experience with your FPS COD crap isn't good enough. Games offer a medium of expression and engagement with its users unlike any other art form and it is exciting and refreshing to see people still are willing to utilize that and take risks.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]

Lems buying the 360 are sending the message that is alright to have no games and rip you off.faizan_faizan

People don't care about "High Rated Games" irl.

Good thing it has more TOTAL retail games as well :)

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#148 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

You stay cIassy, SW.

Sagem28

Exactly.

Bytiches will deal when it scores good.

But damn... your post ---> true tea spilt.

[spoiler] kaz-3.gif [/spoiler]

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#149 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

you guys need to remember that for lems a game with no guns and explosions is not a game. And it makes sense after all since the territory the Xbox dominates it's America, the land of guns and violence.  :lol:

Meanwhile we cows have a varied library of exclusive games across all genres. GT5, Uncharted, Journey, MGS4, LBP, inFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza, Demon's Souls, God of War, Warhawk, Atelier, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Heavy Rain... And this is why Sony owns your soul and makes the non-believers be jelly.

:cool:

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 StrongDeadlift

You stay cIassy, SW.

Sagem28

Well, one was a 12 hour game which could be had for around $10, while the predecessor to the other was an 8-9 hour game for $60.  

:|