Bayonetta franchise continuation possible on WiiU.

• 75 results
#1 Edited by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

Bayonetta 2 is releasing for WiiU later this year, which is cool.

But are we gonna see more Bayonetta after this? Perhaps.

"In terms of nurturing the content of this game, there’s a lot that we learned from Nintendo and if possible we would love to do it again and keep nurturing our child"

Throw money at it, Nintendo!

But who cares about a third Bayonetta installment.

The 3 EXCLUSIVE costumes, for the first Bayonetta's WiiU release, are not the only ones that are coming.

"It was Mr. Kamiya’s strong desire to put costumes into the original Bayonetta and they’re all from his favourite games of that generation. As far as costumes you haven’t seen yet… it’s a secret! Please look forward to this."

Please do.

Source

Keep on beggin' :kamiya:

#2 Edited by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

I'll gladly beat Bayonetta 1 for a 10th time.

But the game has no chance in hell of being successful on the WiiU. It'll lose the Nintendo fanbase because

A: Smash Bros is the same month
B: The game has this crazy thing called actual depth to its gameplay

#3 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -
#4 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3765 posts) -

Keep on beggin'

hahaha, "keep on beggin'".

well even without playing the second game, i'd be interested in a third.

quite good the 2nd game will include the first as well.

sadly i have a wii u, so i'm ready for bayonetta 2

accidental rhyme, please ignore this time

remember - that could happen to you

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: Yeah, same here. Bomb. But Nintendo takes the hit anyway, so go PG!

I hated Bayonetta.

How much?

#6 Posted by Slashkice (12980 posts) -

More Bayonetta would be nice, but like champ said, the game's going to bomb and bomb hard.

#7 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6596 posts) -

Hopefully we get a W101 sequel, too.

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25215 posts) -

Thank you based Nintendo.

Meanwhile Sony's resurrecting... Vib Ribbon?

#9 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Meanwhile Sony's resurrecting... Vib Ribbon?

I fucking wish.

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3238 posts) -

More games would be cool.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -
#12 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I fucking wish.

#buildthelist

Conker, Mother 3, Viva Pinata.

Where is it all at gaming industry? Who the fuck asked for more shitty ass Zelda? Like I want a first class serving of boredom.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

Where is it all at gaming industry? Who the fuck asked for more shitty ass Zelda? Like I want a first class serving of boredom.

Now you're just listing games that would get people genuinely excited.

Stop it.

#14 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Now you're just listing games that would get people genuinely excited.

Stop it.

You said build the list, I did.

I'm not gonna put something stupid on this list, like Shenmue or something. That's a fork lift simulator for assholes.

#15 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3765 posts) -

'serious ass forking'

the simpsons

#16 Posted by DocSanchez (1406 posts) -

This will fail harder than England at the world cup. We all know Nintendo fanboys don't support outsider games well. A sequel will be written off almost immediately.

#17 Posted by smashed_pinata (3100 posts) -

But the game has no chance in hell of being successful on the WiiU. It'll lose the Nintendo fanbase because

Stay salty!

#18 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Stay salty!

Salty about what? I own the system, and I have Bayonetta 2 paid for.

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

I'm not gonna put something stupid on this list, like Shenmue or something. That's a fork lift simulator for assholes.

Nah, man. buildthelist is this thing Sony is doing. People ask for old franchises to return on Twitter, and they don't make it happen.

You saw his thoughts on Yoshi? Jeff doesn't like Yoshi.

#20 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Nah, man. buildthelist is this thing Sony is doing. People ask for old franchises to return on Twitter, and they don't make it happen.

You saw his thoughts on Yoshi? Jeff doesn't like Yoshi.

Lol i know. I love the youtube comments with all the nintendo nerds getting so fucking mad. Like bitch its an opinion, grow up.

Jeff rants are godly. His ones for Majora's Mask are mad funny, when he was describing Dead Space 3's dumb ass ending fight, as this like necromorph moon, he was like "it's like Majora's Mask, but good" I was laughing so hard.

Did you listen to Patrick's shit with the Yoshi's Island speed runner? if that gets enough views, that guy agreed to save that file under the name gerstmann. #JeffLovesYoshi

#21 Posted by aroxx_ab (9142 posts) -

Oh and all 10 WiiU owners will be happy over this game

#22 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6596 posts) -
@aroxx_ab said:

Yes, and the tears of the millions who don't get to play it will flood the earth.

#23 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Yes, and the tears of the millions who don't get to play it will flood the earth.

It's a game that barely sold a million between 2 boxes. I doubt that many people truly will be tearing up.

#24 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6596 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

It's a game that barely sold a million between 2 boxes. I doubt that many people truly will be tearing up.

Many tears have already been shed. That is a good point though, that it's not really a lot of people so much as a lot of tears from a few people.

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

Lol i know. I love the youtube comments with all the nintendo nerds getting so fucking mad. Like bitch its an opinion, grow up.

Jeff rants are godly. His ones for Majora's Mask are mad funny, when he was describing Dead Space 3's dumb ass ending fight, as this like necromorph moon, he was like "it's like Majora's Mask, but good" I was laughing so hard.

Did you listen to Patrick's shit with the Yoshi's Island speed runner? if that gets enough views, that guy agreed to save that file under the name gerstmann. #JeffLovesYoshi

Yeah, that happens every time Jeff opens his mouth. Like you mentioned before, Shenmue. It's funny.

I missed that. I hope it happens. It needs to happen.

#26 Posted by smashed_pinata (3100 posts) -

@smashed_pinata said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Stay salty!

You're being salty about the Nintendo fanbase. There is plenty of us out there that will appreciate this gem of a game! I agree it will bomb though, which is unfortunate.

#27 Edited by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah, that happens every time Jeff opens his mouth. Like you mentioned before, Shenmue. It's funny.

I missed that. I hope it happens. It needs to happen.

Mmhmm, my favorite is um "I can understand people having opinions, but X GAME is OBJECTIVELY GOOD"...it's like no you idiot, enjoying something is totally subjective.

He's been funny when he's gotten to rant, but with new stuff he just seems less excited about things. Vinny, Alex, Patrick, and Brad feel like they came out of E3 more excited about stuff.

#28 Edited by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

Mmhmm, my favorite is um "I can understand people having opinions, but X GAME is OBJECTIVELY GOOD"...it's like no you idiot, enjoying something is totally subjective.

He's been funny when he's gotten to rant, but with new stuff he just seems less excited about things. Vinny, Alex, Patrick, and Brad feel like they came out of E3 more excited about stuff.

Right on.

He's been in the industry for so damn long. What excites a man like Jeff Gerstmann these days? Mario Maker.

I hope to see some good stuff from Vinny and Alex soon. Looking forward to Alex's dry, high-reference humor versus ... Well, Vinny.

#29 Posted by aroxx_ab (9142 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Yeah so funny no1 cared about the first game when it was multiplat but now when it is WiiU exclusive all lemz/cowz screaming

#30 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Right on.

He's been in the industry for so damn long. What excites a man like Jeff Gerstmann these days? Mario Maker.

I hope to see some good stuff from Vinny and Alex soon. Looking forward to Alex's dry, high-reference humor versus ... Well, Vinny.

He's definitely got some fatigue going.

I think in general they've been inconsistent post Ryan. I think someone on the GB forums said it best. Jeff loves shit Jeff likes, but Ryan loved games, period. Even if he had no desire to play that game, he'd go into any quick look, any footage of a game, any interview, any event with some enthusiasm. Hopefully the new hires help their cause.

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

He's definitely got some fatigue going.

I think in general they've been inconsistent post Ryan. I think someone on the GB forums said it best. Jeff loves shit Jeff likes, but Ryan loved games, period. Even if he had no desire to play that game, he'd go into any quick look, any footage of a game, any interview, any event with some enthusiasm. Hopefully the new hires help their cause.

That's about as best as you can describe those two.

Ryan QL's, anything, was just him being excited. Yelling stuff. Laughing. He didn't give a shit about what he was playing, he was just having a good time.

Good old Ryan.

#32 Edited by lamprey263 (22439 posts) -

the first Bayonetta was awesome, but it wasn't a big seller, that's why Sega didn't bother with a sequel, I'm glad I have a Wii U though, will without hesitation get this game, but I doubt this will sell well at all, nor will it be selling the system for that matter, even if it gets 100% scores all around

anyhow, yeah glad Nintendo financed this game, it was either being a Nintendo Wii U exclusive or no game at all

#33 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

You're being salty about the Nintendo fanbase. There is plenty of us out there that will appreciate this gem of a game! I agree it will bomb though, which is unfortunate.

I have no anger, nor agitation, nor any of this at the Nintendo fanbase. What they do has no bearing on my happiness as an individual. I merely presented my reasons for why the game won't be successful on the WiiU. The WiiU's most successful things are going to be things that get the Nintendo die hards to shell out money. They will be shelling out money for Smash Bros in October. And when it comes down to it Bayonetta is an enjoyable game when it comes to its depth of gameplay, specifically from a hack n slash/brawler/beat em up standpoint.

Hyrule Warriors will do fine because it's Shallow, and because Zelda. But Bayonetta has no chance on the WiiU.

#34 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Seems the first game didn't do too hot even as a multiplat on the twins, which led to it being lucky to have been picked up at all by Nintendo.

#35 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24285 posts) -

It would be interesting if Sega just offers to sell the entire franchise to Nintendo.

#36 Posted by smashed_pinata (3100 posts) -

@smashed_pinata said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I have no anger, nor agitation, nor any of this at the Nintendo fanbase. What they do has no bearing on my happiness as an individual. I merely presented my reasons for why the game won't be successful on the WiiU. The WiiU's most successful things are going to be things that get the Nintendo die hards to shell out money. They will be shelling out money for Smash Bros in October. And when it comes down to it Bayonetta is an enjoyable game when it comes to its depth of gameplay, specifically from a hack n slash/brawler/beat em up standpoint.

Hyrule Warriors will do fine because it's Shallow, and because Zelda. But Bayonetta has no chance on the WiiU.

Yes but you are saying that it will bomb because the nintendo fan base wont buy it, because it has deep gameplay and that's not what nintendo fans want. I argue it IS what they want. As you said the nintendo faithful will shell out money for Zelda. Why? because it has excellent gameplay, among other things. Bayonetta has excellent gameplay as well, so i see no reason why they wouldn't also buy Bayo.

However, that does NOT mean that the casual audience will buy it, because that is a whole different market.

#37 Edited by Gue1 (9153 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

are they really that stupid to release both games the same month?

-__-

#38 Posted by foxhound_fox (86929 posts) -

I'm first-daying this bitch even if I don't own a Wii U. This deserves every ounce of support gamers can give it.

#39 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

I guess I'll have to buy a WiiU then...

#40 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

-__-

It's the 3DS version, but lets be real here. There is plenty of cross over between the 3DS/WiiU userbase

#41 Posted by jg4xchamp (46672 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Yes but you are saying that it will bomb because the nintendo fan base wont buy it, because it has deep gameplay and that's not what nintendo fans want. I argue it IS what they want. As you said the nintendo faithful will shell out money for Zelda. Why? because it has excellent gameplay, among other things. Bayonetta has excellent gameplay as well, so i see no reason why they wouldn't also buy Bayo.

However, that does NOT mean that the casual audience will buy it, because that is a whole different market.

Zelda doesn't exactly have deep combat now does it. Not exactly a one to one comparison. Nevermind the rather easy puzzle designs.

The Nintendo fanbase buys Nintendo's games.

#42 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24285 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

-__-

Bayonetta in October is for WiiU.

Smash in October is for 3DS.

I honestly don't think Smash 3DS is going to be the huge success that Smash WiiU is going to be and even if it will Smash is early October and Bayonetta will probably be closure to the 30th if anything.

#43 Posted by Basinboy (10929 posts) -

Bayonetta's future is bleak if it's going to remain a Wii U franchise. Shameful too - probably one of the best (and most fun) action games in a long time.

#44 Posted by bbkkristian (14753 posts) -

@aroxx_ab: all 2 ps4 owners in Japan are going to be jealous

#45 Edited by superbuuman (2526 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

-__-

Smash Bros on 3DS ...Bayonetta 2 &1 on Wii U..what's wrong with that?...Smash Bros Wii U version won't be out till Dec. :P

#46 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16980 posts) -

I feel bad for fans of the series. The sequel really has no chance sales wise. The first game sold like crap as a multi-plat. Now the sequel is going to be exclusive to a console that is not doing well and which has a fanbase that most likely won't care about it's arrival.

#47 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25826 posts) -

It would be interesting if Sega just offers to sell the entire franchise to Nintendo.

And that would cause more outrage than a current Eminem rap.

#48 Posted by pillarrocks (1317 posts) -

I feel bad for fans of the series. The sequel really has no chance sales wise. The first game sold like crap as a multi-plat. Now the sequel is going to be exclusive to a console that is not doing well and which has a fanbase that most likely won't care about it's arrival.

I wonder if it does fail if it could possibility come to PS3/Xbox 360 just to make up for not selling well. I know the first game sold terrible but has a cult following.

#49 Edited by Speak_Low (746 posts) -

The Bayonetta Trilogy only on the Nintendo Wii U!! And special in-game costumes, only on the Wii U. Stay jealous boys!

*crickets*

#50 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

The Bayonetta Trilogy only on the Nintendo Wii U!! And special in-game costumes, only on the Wii U. Stay jealous boys!

*cries*

It's ok.