Battlefield Needs A Franchise Reboot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Last 3 good Battlefield games were Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and Bad Company 2.

Battlefield 3 and 4 are horrible games. Broken online, broken graphics on console, bad commando mode, so many things are limited.

They are milking now Battlefield games too much. Too much modern warfare stuff..

They really need get break, and reboot Battlefield games, or just make 2-3 years to make Battlefield 5. I want commando mode like it was in Battlefield 2, i want awesome game modes like it was in Battlefield 2142 and i want Balance, good maps and graphics like it was in Bad Company 2. Even score was in Battlefield 2 amazing.

Also, i hope they creating more colorful maps like they were in Battlefield 2, not like "modern" dark dones in BF3 and BF4

Like this:

Also, they need to balance things. We don´t need all maps to have all tanks, planes, helicopters and stuff like that. Battlefield 2 worked well. Some map needs to have limited tanks and helicopters. Some bigger maps needs more tanks, planes and stuff like that.

STOP MILKING!!!

We had WW2, then Vietnam, then modern day, then future war... and then console gaming came in, and now we have last 6 games only about modern day shooters..

Also i remember that Battlefield 2 online was different. It was all about team work, it worked so well really on PC version. Now latest Battlefield 3 and 4 everyone just running around, shooting random things and people even don´t know what they are doing. 0 team work. THANKS CONSOLE GAMERS FOR RUINING EVERYTHING!

Also older games had better maps. My fav 6 maps:

And when they make "future" Battlefield, then i hope it´s more like Battlefield 2142 than new Call of Duty game where we have invisible, wallhacks, super jumps and stuff like that.

Best Battlefield mode ever:

So, what EA needs to do with Battlefield?

1)STOP MILKING. How about World War 2, Vietnam or Future War Battlefield? Take your time, let DICE make their game ready and lunch(unlike broken BF3 and BF4). Less games but more quality = Bigger sale and profit. Grand Theft Auto is good example.

2)DON´T MAKE SINGLE-PLAYER. Really... stop wasting 2-3 years to make single-player. We don´t care. Instead make good multiplayer game. Battlefield is still about multiplayer right?

3)BALANCE. We don´t need all maps to be huge with tanks, helicopters and stuff like that. We can have limited tanks, and stuff like that. You can make map smaller to balance things.

4)COMMANDO MODE. Bring this back like it was in Battlefield 2.

5)DROP X360 AND PS3 VERSIONS. REALLY. STOP WASTING OUR TIME. Dice should make Battlefield PC exclusive but because it´s impossible, then make it lead platform, and then later port on PS4 and XBOX ONE with less players or stuff.

I like Destruction but please... make better maps, than having maps just to destroy Destruction.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

5)But this is where they'll get the most of the money from

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

This is actually not a bad thread.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@Blabadon said:

This is actually not a bad thread.

Please don't encourage him

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Well DICE isn't working on Battlefield anymore and EA has morphed what was going to be a SWAT like game into a Battlefield game only to delay it heavily because the outcry of negative reactions from the beta has forced their hand.

I doubt we'll see a Battlefield game for a few years after Hardline launches. DICE is busy with Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2 and EA has Titanfall now as another shooter. They aren't needing to milk a series and the delay of Battlefield Hardline to 2015 indicates that they don't have any other Battlefield titles in the works right now that were scheduled to release in 2015.

The franchise just needs to simmer for a bit and then go back to its core with a modern engine. Single player can work fine (see Battlefield Bad Company) and after Hardline, PS3/360 support will be done.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I wish they would do a future version of Battlefield. WWII weapons are horrible, I hope they never go back to that.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FreedomFreeLife

@Wasdie said:

Well DICE isn't working on Battlefield anymore and EA has morphed what was going to be a SWAT like game into a Battlefield game only to delay it heavily because the outcry of negative reactions from the beta has forced their hand.

I doubt we'll see a Battlefield game for a few years after Hardline launches. DICE is busy with Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2 and EA has Titanfall now as another shooter. They aren't needing to milk a series and the delay of Battlefield Hardline to 2015 indicates that they don't have any other Battlefield titles in the works right now that were scheduled to release in 2015.

The franchise just needs to simmer for a bit and then go back to its core with a modern engine. Single player can work fine (see Battlefield Bad Company) and after Hardline, PS3/360 support will be done.

Do you think they should make 1 Battlefield game without destructible Destruction? I still liked Battlefield 2 most. Also things you can do with PC you can´t do with console controller, this is why Battlefield is not working so well anymore. I mean gameplay, all tricks and stuff like that. (If you know what i mean).

Bad Company 2 is the only good battlefield game on consoles. Well after finishing single-player i never went back. Single-Player is like multiplayer game but with bots.

They should reboot everything. Fix online server thing. Make gameplay better(like Battlefield 2). Make original game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

I would buy a real remake of 1942. That's still the best game in the series. They almost got there with 1943 but there were only a few maps and you couldn't control or blow up the destroyers and air craft carriers.

eh screw it anyone still playing Desert Combat mod?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

They need Star Wars :)!

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreedomFreeLife

@mems_1224 said:

I wish they would do a future version of Battlefield. WWII weapons are horrible, I hope they never go back to that.

Well WW2 weapons are not horrible. Call of Duty 2 worked well.

Battlefield 1942 had submarine. You could just sink a whole USA Battleship. Yes, you could even drive with Battleship. Battleship was important in Battlefield 2. I remember old good times sneaking into USA Battleship and killing USA team players. Now Battlefield 3,4 and Bad Company removed all this. Game is so limited now.

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

I miss Road to Jalalabad.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@MonsieurX: How's he any different from you?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@MonsieurX: How's he any different from you?

MonsieurX makes quality threads.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

they need to take a break is what. Let Star Wars take its course and let BF take a rest

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Do you think they should make 1 Battlefield game without destructible Destruction? I still liked Battlefield 2 most. Also things you can do with PC you can´t do with console controller, this is why Battlefield is not working so well anymore. I mean gameplay, all tricks and stuff like that. (If you know what i mean).

Bad Company 2 is the only good battlefield game on consoles. Well after finishing single-player i never went back. Single-Player is like multiplayer game but with bots.

They should reboot everything. Fix online server thing. Make gameplay better(like Battlefield 2). Make original game.

I love destruction, I think it adds a ton to the battle. I don't think they do it right though. Stuff is too easily leveled. I would prefer much more realistic destruction which is far smaller scale than what Battlefield features.

Also what in the Battlefield history could you not do with a controller? I've played since 1942. There is nothing in the history of Battlefield that couldn't be done with a controller. Absolutely nothing. That's just pure bias and ignorance even saying something like that. Think out of the box a bit and expand your train of thought. Controllers aren't as limiting as you think.

For the single player I was actually talking about Bad Company 1's single player. BC2's was wasted potential after BC1. In Bad Company they actually embraced a more sandbox feel. The player was rarely rushed in between objectives and always had multiple approaches to complete them with. They also allowed the player the ability to roam in vehicles much more freely than just a linear shootbox. It was great. It felt much more like a proper Battlefield games. Maps were big and expansive, vehicles were common and destruction was wisely used to make the infantry sequences much more exciting rather than just using it for cosmetic effect. BC2 got the whole CoD treatment after EA went on a crusade to capture CoD's audience through the Battlefield and Medal of Honor series. A shame since BC1 took the series in a damn good direction.

Battlefield 2's best aspects were not the gameplay, it was the teamwork and strategic elements. The gunplay in Battlefield 2 is absolutely terrible, grenade spam is horrible, the vehicles (especially aircraft) are extremely out of balance, and the maps were usually too big for their own good. Battlefield 2's best aspects were the squad play, communication between squad and commander, and the commander metagame which put an empahsis on doing more than just taking the capture points. None of those elements were transfer to BF3/BF4 which was the biggest problems of the games. The gunplay and feel of the newer games is 100x better than BF2 did, but BF3 struggled greatly with map design. BF4 had much improved map design but it's QA failed and was broken on launch and has taken nearly a year to get to a good state. Not really a design issue.

The modern war aspect of the Battlefield series is also overdone. They need a change of scenery. I would love a trip back to WWII. I agree a reboot of the franchise is in order, but I disagree with a lot of what you say about BF3/BF4 and the whole thing about the mouse/keyboard vs. a controller.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Everything is going to be future warfare now obvs. I bet they're doing a sequel to 2142 right now.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

The big problem I see with bf, besides the short break between releases, is that they are stuck in the modern shooter setting. Its called Battlefield because it can take place in any setting. Their early games were more representative of that.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No, it just needs to go away for a bit and have new gameplay mechanics injected into it so new installments don't feel like expansion packs.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Here is the blueprint for EA and Battlefield:

1.keep Battlefield games on PC only

2. Consoles get battlefield bad company

This way PC isn't hampered with parity and can focus on large scale warfare (its evident that consoles struggle with 64 player matches).

Then have the bad company series (or whatever) be the console game. Focus with smaller maps and player count (48).

Releasing battlefield on both console/pc seems to be a detriment. Give PC the battlefield series, and consoles get a smaller scale bad company series.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i still dont get why everyone loved the bad company sp campaigns but hated bf3 and bf4. anyone care to explain?

i played all of these and i found bf3/4 campaigns better than bad company/2 campaigns...aside from the humor

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

yA they should fix bf4 and make a new Star Wars battlefront i miss that game so much

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Bad Company 3 please, but give it a few years. I'm a bit tired of the series right now.