battlefield hardline open beta begins 3 feb

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Battlefield Hardline's open beta test will begin next Tuesday, February 3, EA has confirmed. The beta will be open to all players on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC until it ends on Sunday, February 8.

Throughout the week, players will be given access to three game modes – Hotwire, Conquest and Heist – across a selection of multiplayer maps, including Downtown, Dust Bowl and Bank Job.

The beta will also offer the first look at 'Hacker', a new mode that lets one player on each team hack into security cameras to spot enemies and specify areas for their team to attack or defend. EA says that Hacker mode will be playable on all game modes in the beta.

"There' nothing more valuable to our team than the relationship we have with our community," said Battlefield Hardline producer Steve Papoutsis. "Their passion feeds our passion and their feedback has definitely helped make Hardline a better game. We want them to play the hell out of the beta next week and trust that they'll keep that feedback coming so we can continue to fine tune the game."

so what are your thoughts/expectations for it? i played the alpha i think it was ages ago and it was trash so hopefully its better this time around

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Have they released Battlefield 4 out of beta yet?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I played the original beta and was not impressed. I might take a look if I have time but I don't have high hopes

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghostwarrior786

@Blabadon said:

Have they released Battlefield 4 out of beta yet?

i tried bf4 few months ago and it worked flawless. this joke is outdated. game is pretty shitty though

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

cant see this game doing well at all.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I am suspecting they made wholesale changes after the piss poor alpha. I'm game.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

My feelings are mixed. I think a more infantry focused Battlefield game would be a nice change of pace. The new modes certainly sound fun and I'm sure they've done a good job of making the game feel like a new experience.

At the same time Battlefield is about war. This is a single player cop drama with tacked on Battlefield multiplayer. I just don't feel it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie: can it really be considered tacked on when they're holding another beta after delaying the game to supposedly implement feedback from the previous beta

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Hmm I'll give it a shot, have zero expectations.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Battlefield isn't what it once was sadly.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Lot of people seem to be rather tired of the series. I loved it but I felt the last two games were letdowns in their own ways. Battlefield 3 on consoles was obviously a gimped version of the PC version which had more players; still fun, no BFBC2 but still fun. Battlefield 4 was a buggy mess and I think that really upset people. Anyhow, I'm hoping the series can improve in a good way with Visceral working on it. This cops-vs-robbers take on the game looks to bring something nice and new. I'm hopeful. But for the love of God please let it be that the worst of the SP aspect of the game is behind us. I'd rather them just make these games MP only if they're going to do such a shit job with the SP, that way they can at least devote resources to the aspects of the games that actually matter.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

I played the original beta and was not impressed. I might take a look if I have time but I don't have high hopes

this

it might be the first battlefield game i dont buy since i started playing battlefield games

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Not even going to bother with the beta. Will skip the game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

is it just me or this game looks worst than BF3, a 2011 game? No wonder they achieved 1080p60fps on ps4/xbone.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Can't wait to see how much better it on PC, as usual.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

I have never cared less about a Battlefield game... Consoles have ruined them by making them an annual franchise. Having said that, I did enjoy Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 quite a bit. However, BF4 was identical to BF3 - at least on PC. It was basically BF 3.5. I understand that BF4 was probably quite impressive for console only gamers because, for the first time, 64-player matches were possible and the graphics were pretty damn close (especially in singleplayer). For PC gamers though, it really just seemed like an expansion pack with new weapons and maps.

And now we have Battlefield Hardline, or should I say "Battlefield 3: Cops and Robbers." I played the first beta (or maybe it was an alpha I'm not sure) several months ago on PC and was very disappointed. Just like BF4, it looks and plays completely identical to BF3 except now it has shitty cops and robbers gametypes. I thought these new gametypes were terrible personally.

But who knows, maybe it will end up being okay. The previous beta got horrible feedback which I'm assuming is why it got pushed back to this year. Maybe they've completely revamped the game, but I highly doubt it. I'll maybe get it when it's on sale for $20. I'm not giving EA $60 for beginning to ruin what was once one of the best online shooters around.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

_Not going to buy this one

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Wasdie said:

My feelings are mixed. I think a more infantry focused Battlefield game would be a nice change of pace. The new modes certainly sound fun and I'm sure they've done a good job of making the game feel like a new experience.

At the same time Battlefield is about war. This is a single player cop drama with tacked on Battlefield multiplayer. I just don't feel it.

I wish it didn't have Battlefield in the name, the single player cop stuff is actually the most interesting looking part of the game imo.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

only 5 days... wow what kind of crap is this?

Lets be honest, this isnt really a beta, its just a demo for hype and marketing purposes.

comchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comchild
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

The first time they did the beta, the poor reception actually got them to delay the game. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been disappointed in a Battlefield release yet, and I was one of the lucky ones who got bye in 4 with very minimal problems.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

They should just cancel this game and let Visceral focus on the Star Wars game.

Just put the BF series to rest for a few years and make this grand return with a historical setting like WW2 or Vietnam. I enjoyed BF3 & 4 but it's not like they were memorable in any way though.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghostwarrior786

@R4gn4r0k said:

They should just cancel this game and let Visceral focus on the Star Wars game.

Just put the BF series to rest for a few years and make this grand return with a historical setting like WW2 or Vietnam. I enjoyed BF3 & 4 but it's not like they were memorable in any way though.

dice is making the star wars game and i cant see them going back to ww2 for multiplayer reasons, only so much u can do with ww2 weaponry

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@ghostwarrior786 said:

dice is making the star wars game and i cant see them going back to ww2 for multiplayer reasons, only so much u can do with ww2 weaponry

People want their red dot scopes and hundred unlocks per weapon so yeah that's something you don't find in WW2 so that's a reason that holds them back from visiting that era.

Personally I think that WW2 weaponry is very interesting and modern day weaponry was done to death in the last gen starting from Modern Warfare 1.

I'm interested in Battlefront. But they should focus on the base game first, not trying to sell us the premium DLC pack before the game is even out like they did with BF3&4. So I'll wait and see.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Betafield: Hardlock?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Buck Plankchest.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ghostwarrior786

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

People want their red dot scopes and hundred unlocks per weapon so yeah that's something you don't find in WW2 so that's a reason that holds them back from visiting that era.

Personally I think that WW2 weaponry is very interesting and modern day weaponry was done to death in the last gen starting from Modern Warfare 1.

I'm interested in Battlefront. But they should focus on the base game first, not trying to sell us the premium DLC pack before the game is even out like they did with BF3&4. So I'll wait and see.

im ok with modern weapon but i hate the amount of unlocking u have to do in b4. actually one of the reasons i stopped playing the game, they make u grind for every little thing, i mean if i unlock red dot i should be able to use it with any guns ive unlocked.

i just want them to make bad company 3, its way less campy and just flat out more fun

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@ghostwarrior786 said:

im ok with modern weapon but i hate the amount of unlocking u have to do in b4. actually one of the reasons i stopped playing the game, they make u grind for every little thing, i mean if i unlock red dot i should be able to use it with any guns ive unlocked.

i just want them to make bad company 3, its way less campy and just flat out more fun

Yes, that's what I hated too. I guess many people like the treadmill or the 'joy' of constant rewards but I absolutely hate having to unlock the same stuff for weapons over and over and over.

I just think back of the older BF games and the defib was there from the start. You didn't have to unlock it. And people used it to revive teammates so they could help their team and further their team towards reaching their objective.

Nowadays the defib is locked and you have to unlock it. And people don't revive others to help their team, they do it because it nets them XP. This was especially bad in BF3 where you got constantly revived and died over and over and over again.

The most memorable BFs I played in the past years were definitely BC2 and its expansion: Vietnam.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghostwarrior786

so ive played a few matches no, impression = not good

the graphics are COMPLETE junk, the game is smaller in scale than bf4 yet looks worse lmao

gameplay feels the same to me

hotwire mode is meh, everyone just driving around in car, nothing really happening

hiest is actually pretty good but feels more like a dlc

conquest is garbage, stick to bf4

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I've kind of got bored of battlefield games.