Awesome Bundle Announced at Quakecon

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I don't see what the big deal is. People who care less about having great graphics and a better game play experience play games on toys like consoles, while those who actually care about having the best experience they possibly can play on PC. Some people drive a Lexus and others a KIA. Where is the controversy?

There's consolites who drive far better cars than a Lexus.

You miss the point. :)

Your point and your analogy don't match.

Because you missed the point...

You calling a KIA a toy? You think people buy a Kia instead of a Lexus not because of financial reasons but because they aren't as car savvy?

You think people buy $500 consoles for financial reasons when they could buy a PC that is 2x more powerful for the same price? People buy consoles because they don't really care about gameplay and graphics. If they did really care, the last thing they would ever buy is a toy console where both gameplay and graphics are sub par to even a mid range, $500 pc.

But there's a lot of great console only games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

All you do is make arguments with me that you question constantly. Like when I was talking about graphics. You straight up ignored the facts to your own advantage. Another hermit trait. You do it all the time.

There are bad in all, I know that. But PC elitists are people I really dislike. I have my reasons. And I have explained them. In future, leave me be if you can't handle what I say.

Yeah, now I'm a PC elitist and PC fanboy -_-

uh-huh. You mind giving me a reason how I acted elitist or fanboyish exactly ?

Or you just gonna call me a fanboy and give up on our discussion ?

I play on consoles all the time mate. Have been doing so since I started gaming. But just because I question your arguments or say that all fanboys are as bad as another you go ahead and call me a fanboy and PC elitst too. What a crappy argument.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@farrell2k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Then by that reasoning, the PC is the obvious choice because there a lot MORE pc only games.

Not everyones into strategy titles or Moba's

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Then by that reasoning, the PC is the obvious choice because there a lot MORE pc only games.

Not everyones into strategy titles.

Good thing that the PC has great exclusives in almost every single genre then.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I swear that announcer guy has to humor the PC guys so that he won't get viciously attacked.

Pure scumbags.

Of course the PC people booing in that crowd are a bunch of dicks.

But is it right to equate all PC gamers to the behaviour of some ?

Than I guess we can do the same and say all Xbox owners are a bunch of kids who scream through their mic.

Or we can go even further in generalizing and say all gamers are dicks.

Sorry but I agree with scott on this (for once), nothing is more annoying than hermit fanboys, while other fanboys like lems, cows and sheep are annoying as well but sort of speaking they are "lesser" of the evil.

Also don't get me started on how toxic the PC gaming community has gotten these past few years from MOBAS, MMO's and pretty much any game/genre with a online MP tacked on to it. Their whole "superiority" complex is also getting out of hand to the point it's actually annoying.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ReadingRainbow4

@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

To be honest, there are bad in all groups. But PC has more elitists. And I don't like elitists. Simple as that. But i guess that's just me.

Being part of the elite is a great thing, a wonderful compliment. If not, why does everyone want to be rich to join the top 1%? OK, here's the part where you claim you don't want to be rich in the top 1%....

Now you're just making your brethren look bad.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I swear that announcer guy has to humor the PC guys so that he won't get viciously attacked.

Pure scumbags.

Than I guess we can do the same and say all Xbox owners are a bunch of kids who scream through their mic.

Sorry but I agree with scott on this (for once), nothing is more annoying than hermit fanboys, while other fanboys like lems, cows and sheep are annoying as well but sort of speaking they are "lesser" of the evil.

Also don't get me started on how toxic the PC gaming community has gotten these past few years from MOBAS, MMO's and pretty much any game/genre with a online MP tacked on to it. Their whole "superiority" complex is also getting out of hand to the point it's actually annoying.

Agreed, I find Hermits by far the most vile and this is coming from someone who plans to spend around 2k atleast on a 4k gaming pc. (Just waiting on dem 880's)

Granted there's always exceptions for any fanboy class.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#63 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

And thats why I trully despise hermits. Bunch of self-entitled little fvcks.

People complaint about cows but hermits are definitely becoming the worst bunch of fanboys.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ReadingRainbow4

@farrell2k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

To be honest, there are bad in all groups. But PC has more elitists. And I don't like elitists. Simple as that. But i guess that's just me.

Being part of the elite is a great thing, a wonderful compliment. If not, why does everyone want to be rich to join the top 1%? OK, here's the part where you claim you don't want to be rich in the top 1%....

Now you're just making your brethren look bad.

I guess if being at the top of the ladder is a bad thing, then have fun all the way at the bottom. Enjoy a sub par gaming and graphics experience while claiming that both are important...

Now you just look stupid, lol.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#66 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

How disgusting. The PC bundle is a great deal compared to the absolute shit the consoles are getting (in terms of the savings, not the quality of the games...Doom is awesome). I'm sure the console manufacturers would never allow such a great deal on their respective platforms. Which is something I don't understand; is it a royalties thing? Price minimum? Licencing fees? Just gross.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By 22Toothpicks

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You're telling me they can report this shit but can't release the doom 4 footage?

IKR? Where's my fuggin' Doom 4 goodness? They showed the game to a minute crowd and the rest of us get to read impressions. **** you Id.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4: Really wish the PC gaming community had a reset button or at least a permanent mute from chat/head phone function.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#70 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@farrell2k said:

I guess if being at the top of the ladder is a bad thing, then have fun all the way at the bottom. Enjoy a sub par gaming and graphics experience while claiming that both are important...

I get it. The serfs always sit around bashing those at the top, all while wishing they were right there with them.

lulz You're just embarassing yourself now

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By 22Toothpicks

@farrell2k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@farrell2k said:

I get it. The serfs always sit around bashing those at the top, all while wishing they were right there with them.

I think you need to visit a proctologist to have your head removed from your own ass. Seriously, I hope this is all in good fun for you because your posts make it sound like you feel you're a better person for being a PC gamer. Weird, man...weird.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You're telling me they can report this shit but can't release the doom 4 footage?

I'd even settle for 2 or 3 min of the 20 min footage that was shown.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Woah, people in an audience jokingly boo'd something?! Those guys are crazy!

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 22Toothpicks

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It was 20 minutes worth? FML. I need to see it. D:

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Really wish the PC gaming community had a reset button or at least a permanent mute from chat/head phone function.

Loading Video...

lol ikr.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

*shrug* stop pointing fingers everyone is equally moronic. The only reason you heard more boos than cheers was because a majority of the audience were PC gamers.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I don't see what the big deal is. People who care less about having great graphics and a better game play experience play games on toys like consoles, while those who actually care about having the best experience they possibly can play on PC. Some people drive a Lexus and others a KIA. Where is the controversy?

There's consolites who drive far better cars than a Lexus.

You miss the point. :)

Your point and your analogy don't match.

Because you missed the point...

You calling a KIA a toy? You think people buy a Kia instead of a Lexus not because of financial reasons but because they aren't as car savvy?

You think people buy $500 consoles for financial reasons when they could buy a PC that is 2x more powerful for the same price? People buy consoles because they don't really care about gameplay and graphics. If they did really care, the last thing they would ever buy is a toy console where both gameplay and graphics are sub par to even a mid range, $500 pc.

Show me a $500 build that's twice as powerful as the PS 4.

So what do cars have to do with your outlook on pc's and consoles then?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I'm going to guess that 99% of the people who go to QuakeCon are PC-centric gamers.

It's the same as when Square Enix/Capcom would announce games for Xbox 360, only instead of boos, those two publishers got death threats from the Sony fanbase.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ballroompirate

@22Toothpicks said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It was 20 minutes worth? FML. I need to see it. D:

Pretty sure that's what IGN said, don't know how long of it was actual footage though.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I played through all of the early Doom games again with the Brutal Doom mod a few weeks ago. These games are still so much fun to play.

Loading Video...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

Show me a $500 build that's twice as powerful as the PS 4.

So what do cars have to do with your outlook on pc's and consoles then?

Is English your second language? If not, re-read it until you understand it. It's not that difficult...

Your reasoning for why people choose to game on either a console or pc don't apply to cars.

Still waiting for the $500 build that's twice as powerful as PS 4.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Consolites are lil kids, confirmed.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Just got doom 3 bfg for $5 at steam yesterday. Skyrim also at $5 today. And Fallout 3 and new vegas gotys were at $7.

Can't beat steam kids.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Hermits are the most obnoxious, clueless, defensive, 'know-it'all', morons in the gaming community.

They need to sort their shitty attitudes out the lot of them.

I have to disagree apart from the obnoxious, know-it all part. They're that and consoloites mainly fall into the clueless morons category.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

Never said you were an elitist. I was observing how you always question what I say. No matter what. And it's only ever hermits that do so. So then I end up typing paragraphs explaining my views further. Hermits then pick out exact wording that I may have made a mistake on and use it against me, totally ignoring the rest of the post.

I have to go the extra mile to prove things. PC elitists just say what they want and hardly any body questions them. When people like me do, I get called an idiot by misinformed hermits. I have to link a million sources of information and even then, they find a way to question it. It's happened countless times. Surely someone on here can vouch for me.

I get different hermits all the time on here saying that I'm wrong about technology. And the only reason they say it, is because my post was perhaps in favor of a console game. And they don't like that. They get on the defensive. I get called an idiot by a million different hermits. If I prove my points with sources, I don't get a reply back. It happens time and time again and I'm sick of it.

This is what I started out saying to you: I think generalizing the trait of some over a whole group of people is stupid.

And now you are doing the exact same thing. You nitpick anything I said and cross reference it to a hermit and bam, there you have it in your mind: I must be a hermit.

I asked for concrete examples. You gave me none

"So then I end up typing paragraphs explaining my views further. Hermits then pick out exact wording that I may have made a mistake on and use it against me, totally ignoring the rest of the post."

So you accuse me of such without actually showing anything where I actually did so.

Again, these are just baseless accusations of you like you calling me a fanboy. You can't even show me where I did so.

Again, what a crappy argument ending with: "How dare you always question what I say ? You must be a hermit !"

"In future, leave me be if you can't handle what I say."

You're right. I can't handle what you say. And if I dare question anything... heck I thought we had an interesting discussion at times... But if I dare question you I'm just some fanboy to you. Great basis of having a discussion going forward !

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

its such a shame our elected representatives would conduct themselves in such a manner.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Pure scumbags.

Assertive, obnoxious, self entitled, clueless idiots. Sorry. Not all of them of course, but a great bunch of them possess at least one of those flaws I listed.

Funny, most of those words describe you....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Pure scumbags.

Assertive, obnoxious, self entitled, clueless idiots. Sorry. Not all of them of course, but a great bunch of them possess at least one of those flaws I listed.

Sadly he really demonstrated that he is exactly as bad as those he has a grudge against, no? Not to Count out "selective memory".

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 inb4uall

@CrownKingArthur said:

its such a shame our elected representatives would conduct themselves in such a manner.

I believe a round of impeachments is in order.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

See this is what I mean. You are now randomly assuming I'm an assertive, obnoxious, self titled, elitist. What? Where did all that come from? I've never even conversed with any of you. When have I been like that? How have I demonstrated it? You are just looking for a bit of friction online is all.

I've never even seen you before lol.

And yet you do the exact same thing. Randomly assuming.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Every time you try to spite "elitists" on this forum you come off as bad, self entitled, elitist and obnoxious as they are

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Pure scumbags.

Sadly he really demonstrated that he is exactly as bad as those he has a grudge against, no? Not to Count out "selective memory".

See this is what I mean. You are now randomly assuming I'm an assertive, obnoxious, self titled, elitist. What? Where did all that come from? I've never even conversed with any of you. When have I been like that? How have I demonstrated it? You are just looking for a bit of friction online is all.

I've never even seen you before lol.

I've seen you all over the forum for the last few weeks. You are a raging cow.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

When have I ever called you a PC elitist. I assumed you were a hermit because you prefer PC over consoles. That's it. I just said you keep ignoring what I type and say "that's not what I asked, that's irrelevent". I never accused you of nit picking words. I just said most hermits on here do.

All I meant was every time I said something, like when I explained about Killzone and Infamous graphics for example, you would miss the point and try and find a problem with what I said. But then you still would say what I was saying was not what you asked. Even though I answered.

I was more so complaining about some of the hermits on here ignoring what I say and say I'm an idiot for saying it. Even with sources to back it up.

Like I wrote above. You are just randomly assuming. Just like you calling me a hermit or a fanboy.

I've never come off to you saying anything fanboyish yet you can't seem to wait to put labels on people for some reason or another.

Than you group me together with all the people on this site who are also hermits to you.

I never ignored anything you said in that graphics debate. I just kept asking you to get down to the point about what it mattered when all the games were graphically impressive. You kept bringing the assets argument everywhere so I had to question you about it. And at the end you kind of agreed that all games do look graphically impressive... But I guess none of that really mattered and that discussion left a very sour taste in your mouth like this one.

Here is what you wrote when this entire discussion pretty much fell down into you namecalling:

"All you do is make arguments with me that you question constantly. Like when I was talking about graphics. You straight up ignored the facts to your own advantage. Another hermit trait. You do it all the time.

There are bad in all, I know that. But PC elitists are people I really dislike. I have my reasons. And I have explained them. In future, leave me be if you can't handle what I say."

You did not call me an elitist per se. But you start with calling me a hermit, than you continue to talk about elitists (again, grouping everything together) and then say "In future, leave me be if you can't handle what I say." which is not very friendly either I must say. It really comes over very hostile with the namecalling and such.

I'll leave you be in the future though. You barely have any respect for the person you are discussing with.