Awesome Bundle Announced at Quakecon

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

In what you have written you have given no indication that you are not. You might not have conversed with us, but we can read what you and anyone else writes.

Shall we begin with the clear passive agressive way you write, generalize, claim that a "big portion of people gaming on pc is like", calling them judgemental. I do not look for friction online, I read and respond to subjects I have an interrest in, but the double standards you throw out is so estonishing that it could border a joke was it not for the Words you chose.

You state that one Group of fanboys are worse then the rest? that the majority of people on one platform holds atleast one of those traits? Have you ever turned on any console and playied online? Can you claim one population of gamer is better then othe other? If you do, then you have a selective memory. Ive met as many Cows and Lemmings in real life as the Hermits you loathe so, and they display the same kind of negative behavior.

You set out to have a grudge against a certain fanbase, ignoring or downplaying the same flaws as they are present in any other Groups by platform. That is what I find laughable, you are no better then the fanboys you claim to dislike, by trying to border personality traits into a box of a single platform, pretty much underlines just how much of a fanboy you are yourself (or troll perhaps, but doubt it).

You claim "hermits" are misinformed but you show nothing but misinformation yourself, you are in no shape or form different then any other kind of fanboy, and yes by what you wrote you ARE a fanboy. And selective memory is noted if you think people by platform other then the pc are "normal" out of Places like this. I can boot up my PC 4 and hear the most grueling amount of slurs against any platform but the platform I boot up (with the possible exception of the Wii U, given how controlled it is). Every person has some vested interrest into thier preferred platform, just as preferred car, job, politics, ideologies and so on, every one on the earth have some of those traits. I simply dislike people pretending to know better.

Here is a good one for you: "If you can not lead by example, don't lead at all". Sure the TC's vid displayied some appaling behavior. So did e3, so did the untold responses of each platform shown since the net became standard. You saying that those Hermits booing the console versions of Bethesdas games? Well, There were no more booing then the X1 reveal, the Ps4 reveal, or the Wii U reveal.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

When I say hermit, I don't automatically mean elitist. There are people on here who are elitists. You are not.

To clarify. You are not an elitist. I never said you were. I'm guessing you like PC gaming best. That's all. And now that i said I don't like elitists, you think I'm assuming every hermit here is an elitist. That's not true. I'm just saying that that perticular group of people 'PC elitists' annoy me. I like PC gaming a lot, but I don't like thier attitude. I'm not saying I'm an angel lol, but we all have things that irritate us. Simple as that.

Right, I understand

Just like in the graphics debate I first asked you 'what does it matter' and it took a couple of posts for you and me to get to the point. This is another one of those cases. I started out by asking you "But is it right to equate all PC gamers to the behaviour of some ?" and while you didn't say yes, you still made it out to be like a huge number of PC gamers...

Anyway, I think we can call it a day, lol. I'll still believe there are console elitists too. The ones saying "all PC games are crap so they have to beg for console ports" "filthy beggar race" are showing some pretty elitist behaviour too. But anyway, that's for another time :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

If you thought I was calling you an elitist **** like some PC gamers are, then worry not. You are simply a PC nobleman who just gets his biz done. I guess I did assume you were a hermit. Well, aren't you? As in PC gamer btw, not elitist.

And I think you are taking this to heart lol. In no way do I think you are an elitist. The only thing I picked up on is your replys keep reciting the same things and missing the point. That can happen in any debate.

Well, no, hermit means a fanboy. And a fanboy to me is not someone who is open to reason. Someone who is very close minded about his platform. Yours = good Other = bad

A pc gamer is a pc gamer and a hermit is a fanboy. I'm not a hermit and I'm not a console fanboy either. I told you yesterday: I'm a non-tablet and non-smartphone gamer, hehe ;) Vita and Wii U gamepad is about as much touchcontrols as I can stomach.

And yeah, perhaps I did. I just thought we had some light hearted and more serious discussions and suddenly I felt you attacked me because I was "defending" some very bad PC fanboys (which I was not, I was just saying there are rotten apples in all fanboy groups)

Like I said in my previous post I think we both had issues getting to the point in both discussion. So no harm done :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yep. I know other PC gamers in this forum will probably give me a million hate replies from this forum lol. But that's something I'll have to just deal with. And like you say, it was a problem getting to the point. I don't like fanboyism. At all. Then there is PC fanboys. Fair enough. They like PC best. No debate on the matter. But then you get the elitists. You know what I mean. just look to every youtube video talking about graphics of some kind on PS4/XB1. The comments will be rabbid with PC elitists lol. Some of them will of course be trolling because they're board, but some of them will actually be dicks about it.

IDK it just pisses me off.

Pfff, but youtube man, it's such a hostile place. almost everyone is a dick on there: pc gamers, console gamers, non-gamers. There are racists, sexists, elitist, ...

The anonimity brings out the worst in people

"Anyone know the song name ?"

"Who cares about the fucking song you idiot !"

Is some of the things I read on youtube daily. It's toxic. But there are still nice people on there :)

I'm sure that if you go into debate more with console fanboys you'll get less hate from PC gamers and more from console gamers. Not really a solution though, haha ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#110 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Vatusus said:

lulz You're just embarassing yourself now

It's more likely that I am correct, and you are wrong, so you are taking the defensive position of attack. It's typical and anticipated.

Just shut the hell up. You're making honest PC gamers look bad. Idiots like you are poisoning their own community

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#111  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@scottpsfan14:

In what you have written you have given no indication that you are not. You might not have conversed with us, but we can read what you and anyone else writes.

Shall we begin with the clear passive agressive way you write, generalize, claim that a "big portion of people gaming on pc is like", calling them judgemental. I do not look for friction online, I read and respond to subjects I have an interrest in, but the double standards you throw out is so estonishing that it could border a joke was it not for the Words you chose.

You state that one Group of fanboys are worse then the rest? that the majority of people on one platform holds atleast one of those traits? Have you ever turned on any console and playied online? Can you claim one population of gamer is better then othe other? If you do, then you have a selective memory. Ive met as many Cows and Lemmings in real life as the Hermits you loathe so, and they display the same kind of negative behavior.

You set out to have a grudge against a certain fanbase, ignoring or downplaying the same flaws as they are present in any other Groups by platform. That is what I find laughable, you are no better then the fanboys you claim to dislike, by trying to border personality traits into a box of a single platform, pretty much underlines just how much of a fanboy you are yourself (or troll perhaps, but doubt it).

You claim "hermits" are misinformed but you show nothing but misinformation yourself, you are in no shape or form different then any other kind of fanboy, and yes by what you wrote you ARE a fanboy. And selective memory is noted if you think people by platform other then the pc are "normal" out of Places like this. I can boot up my PC 4 and hear the most grueling amount of slurs against any platform but the platform I boot up (with the possible exception of the Wii U, given how controlled it is). Every person has some vested interrest into thier preferred platform, just as preferred car, job, politics, ideologies and so on, every one on the earth have some of those traits. I simply dislike people pretending to know better.

Here is a good one for you: "If you can not lead by example, don't lead at all". Sure the TC's vid displayied some appaling behavior. So did e3, so did the untold responses of each platform shown since the net became standard. You saying that those Hermits booing the console versions of Bethesdas games? Well, There were no more booing then the X1 reveal, the Ps4 reveal, or the Wii U reveal.

Nailed it so hard it is stuck for life :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@naz99 said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@scottpsfan14:

Nailed it so hard it is stuck for life :P

to be honest, I prefer not to nail anything :P

Simply telling how it looked from someone on the sidelines. If in a discussion it is often better to point that out, so the discussion gets shifted into a better direction. If he has points to be had, it would be better explain in a better way, which he since have, so that there might be a discussion to be had. Besides we talk about fanboys here in this thread, it is always a losing proposition for all involved.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#114  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@gameofthering said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

The worst part about it is 99% of them are clueless as to how technology works and stuff. Yet they like people to think they know what they're talking about.

I'm a PC only gamer and I know a little bit about technology, but not to the levels of everybody in Gamespot. So many people on here post the technical details of PC components and compare the PS4/XBone systems, and I have no clue as to what it all means.

I think everybody (although some do understand) just copies and pastes information from the internet and tries to sound very knowledgeable on the subject.

Like everybody talking about things like Cell and GDDR5 Ram and the like.

LOL

The majority of the people who post here are 12-16 year old kids.

I mainly just come here for the amusement. Most of the people who bash the PC are just pissed off because they don't want to take the time to learn how to build one of their own or their mommy's and daddy's won't buy them one.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@farrell2k said:

@Vatusus said:

lulz You're just embarassing yourself now

It's more likely that I am correct, and you are wrong, so you are taking the defensive position of attack. It's typical and anticipated.

Just shut the hell up. You're making honest PC gamers look bad. Idiots like you are poisoning their own community

Toe be frank, there are a few users on here that make you console users look bad. Fanboys gunna fanboy not matter what the platform.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

...didn't sony fanboys make death threats because FFXIII went multiplat?

That seems a lot worse than booing

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@scottpsfan14: You act like you never been to a forum before...

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@scottpsfan14: I expect irrationality from any forum, that's what forums are about, discussing and arguing, for crying out loud you are getting upset because people are arguing with you and whatever links you post... Specially on system wars where everyone argues with everyone regardless of what's being discussed

Is your skin seriously that thin? You claim hermits don't like to be challenged but here you are throwing a tantrum because people won't take your points and continue to argue...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#122 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@gameofthering said:

@scottpsfan14: Sounds like everybody that plays games in general be it console or PC.

I'll admit though. The whole master race thing is pretty sad... I myself don't partake.

I've never seen a console fanboy say shit like that, they just say dumbass shit that a 12 year old would say. Saying you're superior is just... kind of delusional.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 parkurtommo

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I don't see what the big deal is. People who care less about having great graphics and a better game play experience play games on toys like consoles, while those who actually care about having the best experience they possibly can play on PC. Some people drive a Lexus and others a KIA. Where is the controversy?

There's consolites who drive far better cars than a Lexus.

You miss the point. :)

Your point and your analogy don't match.

You'e just not interpreting his anology at all.

That said it's a bad one, because Lexus's are boring cars that are just expensive to be expensive (kind of like Macs?). The stereotypical Ferrari analogy would go much further.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#125 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@Gue1 said:

BUT

herms are rapidly becoming the worst fanboys that have ever existed and the most entitled too. Watch video and judge for yourself this sad display from the lol master race.

My freind, Quakecon is a pc centric event. Or... suppose to be. ID however, are now a console centric company.

Showing Skyrim on an xbox with a control bad. Wolfensien on a console, with a control pad and now, Doom running on a control pad, the entire event is just contradictory and primarily used now simply to pimp console products.

Quakecon is all just, a bit pointless now.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

without Carmack's keynote ... I'm not so bothered by Quakecon.

the 1v1 footage is always good though.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 clyde46

@parkurtommo said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I don't see what the big deal is. People who care less about having great graphics and a better game play experience play games on toys like consoles, while those who actually care about having the best experience they possibly can play on PC. Some people drive a Lexus and others a KIA. Where is the controversy?

That said it's a bad one, because Lexus's are boring cars that are just expensive to be expensive (kind of like Macs?). The stereotypical Ferrari analogy would go much further.

Lexus are boring? Lol wut?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Yeah... people are annoying aren't they.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

He's saying people pc game because they're more into gaming and want the best graphics. He speaks as if cost is no issue in deciding between pc and console.

Peoples spending habits on cars are more about how much they can afford and not how much into cars they are. A better analogy would have been guys who have modded cars and race their cars on drag strips.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Cranler

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

He's saying people pc game because they're more into gaming and want the best graphics. He speaks as if cost is no issue in deciding between pc and console.

Peoples spending habits on cars are more about how much they can afford and not how much into cars they are. A better analogy would have been guys who have modded cars and race their cars on drag strips.

No I am not. I am saying that if console owners really cared about having the best graphics and gameplay, they wouldn't game on consoles. Just like if someone really cared about owning a quality care with the best driving experience, they would choose the Lexus over the KIA. That's why people save up for things, nice things, and not just give in and buy the first piece of junk they can afford at the moment.

You're comparing spending a few hundred dollars more for a pc to spending as much as $20,000 more for a better car. Bad analogy.

What's next people who are more into houses own a mansion instead of a regular 4 bedroom house by saving up?

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@scottpsfan14: "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Hermits are the most obnoxious, clueless, defensive, 'know-it'all', morons in the gaming community.

They need to sort their shitty attitudes out the lot of them."

I do find this to be the case far too frequently.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Cranler

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

No I am not. I am saying that if console owners really cared about having the best graphics and gameplay, they wouldn't game on consoles. Just like if someone really cared about owning a quality care with the best driving experience, they would choose the Lexus over the KIA. That's why people save up for things, nice things, and not just give in and buy the first piece of junk they can afford at the moment.

You're comparing spending a few hundred dollars more for a pc to spending as much as $20,000 more for a better car. Bad analogy.

Clearly you have never financed a car, or owned at least a mid-range PC. $500 PC hardware is currently 2x more powerful than a PS4 and a good finance term and rate could be maybe only $100 or $200 more per month for an extra $20k.

I am done arguing with my intellectual subordinates.

Yeah $200 a month that a person could be putting towards their childs education for instance. Everyone's got a limit to how much they can or should spend.

Still waiting to see this $500 build that's twice the power of PS 4.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 parkurtommo

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I'm not sure about how they are now, but a few years ago (you don't see many Lexus cars in Portugal) when I saw a Lexus it would just be a black sedan, or a black SUV. Slick design, but not outstanding.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 clyde46

@parkurtommo said:

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

I'm not sure about how they are now, but a few years ago (you don't see many Lexus cars in Portugal) when I saw a Lexus it would just be a black sedan, or a black SUV. Slick design, but not outstanding.

Its the luxury brand of Toyota, there is a reason why you won't see it in Portugal...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 parkurtommo

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

Its the luxury brand of Toyota, there is a reason why you won't see it in Portugal...

Ok, I also didn't see many in the US when I was there. The point is they aren't very interesting cars. Not when you compare them to BMW/Audi who are pretty much the equivalent. I'm not much of a car enthusiast, though.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Embarrassing behavior from the neckbeard race. Why am I not surprised?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 clyde46

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

@farrell2k said:

@Cranler said:

Clearly you have never financed a car, or owned at least a mid-range PC. $500 PC hardware is currently 2x more powerful than a PS4 and a good finance term and rate could be maybe only $100 or $200 more per month for an extra $20k.

I am done arguing with my intellectual subordinates.

Buying a car on finance, lulz.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Wow... Just wow.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#142  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I swear that announcer guy has to humor the PC guys so that he won't get viciously attacked.

Pure scumbags.

Of course the PC people booing in that crowd are a bunch of dicks.

But is it right to equate all PC gamers to the behaviour of some ?

Than I guess we can do the same and say all Xbox owners are a bunch of kids who scream through their mic.

Or we can go even further in generalizing and say all gamers are dicks.

Assertive, obnoxious, self entitled, clueless idiots. Sorry. Not all of them of course, but a great bunch of them possess at least one of those flaws I listed.

Funny, most of those words describe you....

Sadly he really demonstrated that he is exactly as bad as those he has a grudge against, no? Not to Count out "selective memory".

See this is what I mean. You are now randomly assuming I'm an assertive, obnoxious, self titled, elitist. What? Where did all that come from? I've never even conversed with any of you. When have I been like that? How have I demonstrated it? You are just looking for a bit of friction online is all.

I've never even seen you before lol.

I've seen you all over the forum for the last few weeks. You are a raging cow.

Pretty much this. You constantly act like a "know-it-all" yourself. It seems that you try to defend/over glorify the PS4 all the time. I've seen @04dcarraher debate, and debunk a lot of your "facts" plenty of times, but yet you still continue rambling with your wall-of-text, and call him clueless. It's astounding to be honest. At least, that's exactly how you come off towards a lot of non-cows on this forum. You're almost on the same lvl as tormentos.

and don't even get me started on the way you are in the cow circle jerk threads (gpuking's shitty threads).

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#144 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Yes, people enjoy being assholes. More news at eleven.