Aug 11th 09 360 update Boycott

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conroybrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conroybrink
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like MS is trying to pry every nickle out of our hands? What the hell is with the Avatar Market Place,its about as usfull as a bullet to the back of the skull.Actuly a bullet would be more usful at least I wont have to pay for anything anymore. With the onset of the RROD one would think they would put there money into fixing that problem not paying people to design clothes and props for the most useless thing to be created by MS next to Vista. You know the Wii has a avatar and it sucked but at least they didnt tack it on and then tack on a marketplace to make spend cash on fake clothes for your fake little person in a world you can't even walk them around in. People complain about the Home space on the PS3 at least they have the right idea, first of all you aren't forced to have some crappy thing hanging out on your screen on top of that with Home at least you can walk around and meet other people if you do want.There Avatar surves a purpose at least. MS needs to stop tacking on extra expendatures on us. The udates that MS comes out with are so stupid. Help me help us help the gaming community and Boycott this trash they are trying to make us pay for.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Why are posting this everywhere? :?
EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EazyD91
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
No, don't like it? Simply don't pay for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone else will. nice rant though
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Are people forcing you to pay for that? No...

Its not like Activision who with-holds game content and charges extra for it on day one.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

but if they did stop it youd have nothing left to complain and ***** about. so the best thing to do is just not buy things you dont like. i was in a store the other day and there was shelves full of magazines that i had no interest in. but the evil store owner had put them out on the shelve to sell them to other people that maybe did want to buy them. i completely missed this point and decided to stand out side the store shouting at customers coming in the store to boycott the magazine stand till the evil store owner only stocked magazines that i was interested in.

boy was i red when i realised my error

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like MS is trying to pry every nickle out of our hands? What the hell is with the Avatar Market Place,its about as usfull as a bullet to the back of the skull.Actuly a bullet would be more usful at least I wont have to pay for anything anymore. With the onset of the RROD one would think they would put there money into fixing that problem not paying people to design clothes and props for the most useless thing to be created by MS next to Vista. You know the Wii has a avatar and it sucked but at least they didnt tack it on and then tack on a marketplace to make spend cash on fake clothes for your fake little person in a world you can't even walk them around in. People complain about the Home space on the PS3 at least they have the right idea, first of all you aren't forced to have some crappy thing hanging out on your screen on top of that with Home at least you can walk around and meet other people if you do want.There Avatar surves a purpose at least. MS needs to stop tacking on extra expendatures on us. The udates that MS comes out with are so stupid. Help me help us help the gaming community and Boycott this trash they are trying to make us pay for.

conroybrink
You don't have to boycott the whole goddamn update...just dont use the ****ing service.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

You expect me to boycott the entire update because you have a problem with optional Avatar clothing?

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

I've been supporting this boycott by simply not paying for it n_n

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

it HAS to cost money, or else it wouldnt be worth buying, cause you would look like everybody else. and you can/soon? unlock things by playing games

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
As I wasn't considering playing any Xbox today anyway, I suppose today would be the best way to participate in this boycott. Go me.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

too late Im updating right in this moment and I can't wait to buy the gears of war costume.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Wow so much fail in the TC's post. Instead of pointing out every point like how hypocritical he is when it comes to the PS3's Home and the 360's XBL. I will just say all you have to do to boycott is to just not buy any of it.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

I'm boycotting stupid, whiningposts.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

conroybrink

Poor baby avatar is gonna be naked and have no toys! you sir are a meanie!

boo this man!

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

Careful now. XBL is the only outlet some of these people have to the real world. Which is sad. But they will defend it to the death.

anarchist4eva

Whats sadder? the people who like what they like, or the people who cry and complain about people liking what they like? I think thats the real sad thing my friend! :D

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

1. I take it microsoft OFFERING something automatically means that you have to buy it?

2. yes beccause the countless of games made for the avatars are giving them no use at all.

3. err the 360 doesnt need home to chat with othersbecause it has another way to chat with people, its called parties.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

Home SUCKS, load screens everywhere, and full of guys hitting on girls, than theres a bunch of people saying stupid stuff all the time

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
I will enjoy getting free stuff from the marketplace from games like Splosion Man. Other than that I will ignore the AM, like any other person would.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Your choice but I don't think this will end well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
No, don't like it? Simply don't pay for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone else will. nice rant thoughEazyD91
Please, that answer is so useless and never solves the real problem.
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="EazyD91"]No, don't like it? Simply don't pay for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone else will. nice rant thoughCrossel777

It is only a problem for those who are involved and paying for it. Now I agree that taking action if you care enough for it would produce results as well.

anarchist4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anarchist4eva
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

[QUOTE="anarchist4eva"]

Careful now. XBL is the only outlet some of these people have to the real world. Which is sad. But they will defend it to the death.

LEGEND_C4A

Whats sadder? the people who like what they like, or the people who cry and complain about people liking what they like? I think thats the real sad thing my friend! :D

You and I are in total agreement my friend. To complain over something optional is really a moot point. But watch what the XBLers do to anyone who talks negative of M$ or anything related to it. You know & I know it to be true also.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts

How about you don't buy from this avatar shop? Blame the idiots who do buy it.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WINDWAKER1

[QUOTE="LEGEND_C4A"]

[QUOTE="anarchist4eva"]

anarchist4eva

You and I are in total agreement my friend. To complain over something optional is really a moot point. But watch what the XBLers do to anyone who talks negative of M$ or anything related to it. You know & I know it to be true also.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but legend was trying to insult you about complaining about XBL.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Worst reason for boycott...EVER.

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EazyD91
[QUOTE="EazyD91"]No, don't like it? Simply don't pay for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone else will. nice rant thoughCrossel777

Nope, it's only useless to those who never want to hear it. Don't like a certain car,house,clothes or food ? Simply, DON"T BUY IT......but tell me what is the "REAL" problem here?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Only on SW can one find the most elementary and basic answers to be considered 'useless'. That answer is not only useful, it's the freaking BEST answer.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Boycott the update? Too late Boycott the avatar marketplace? I was never planning on buying anything anyway.. Some of the stuff in there is pretty cool. I wouldn't pay for it. It'd be sweet if it were free but oh well.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

1. I take it microsoft OFFERING something automatically means that you have to buy it? The problem isn't that you have to buy it as you said, or at least that's what I'm getting from the TC, but it's the fact that it even exists in the first place. I applaud Microsoft for trying to appeal more to the Wii crowd, but some people like the TC for example believe MS is ignoring things like RROD, a problem we'd all like to see resolved without removal of the lights on the front. Development on Avatars makes it seem like MS is ignoring the problem.

Could MS work on the currently lousy interface and continue working on reducing failure rates? Sure. Some people would like one issue resolved completely first though.

I'm totally not sure what boycotting an update would do though I'm sure with of one thing it won't do with these small numbers.

2. yes beccause the countless of games made for the avatars are giving them no use at all. But could those games have worked regardless of the existence of Avatars? Yes. Just like Wii *insert something here*, you could replace all the Mii's with blobs and the game would still play the exact same.

3. err the 360 doesnt need home to chat with othersbecause it has another way to chat with people, its called parties. If lemmings had parties all the time, why do they always seem pissed in SW!? :P (Totally dodging the point here. lol)

dragonfly110

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

[QUOTE="Crossel777"][QUOTE="EazyD91"]No, don't like it? Simply don't pay for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone else will. nice rant thoughEazyD91

Nope, it's only useless to those who never want to hear it. Don't like a certain car,house,clothes or food ? Simply, DON"T BUY IT......but tell me what is the "REAL" problem here?

The real problem? Isn't it obvious? Regardless of you telling me to buy it or not, there will still be a massive herd of casuals with flawed standards and recklessness that will buy this crap anyway thus creating a flow of more rip-off crap, and no desire for devs to be creative. Simply telling me to not buy it wont fix the problem at all. I don't think any of us smart buyers want our hobby being ruled over by inferiority

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

People pay for XBL, why would they not download updates they pay for?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Boycott a free update? Huh? What? How? Why? I don't care about Avatar clothes.
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WINDWAKER1

ActicEdge

It's a free update, i believe this one is re-revamping the interface again kind of as a change of pace. The new clothes for your avatar you have to pay for, which is useless information because it's not like anyone actually buys the clothes

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

WINDWAKER1

It's a free update, i believe this one is re-revamping the interface again kind of as a change of pace. The new clothes for your avatar you have to pay for, which is useless information because it's not like anyone actually buys the clothes

So people want to boycott a free update? That sounds mighty stupid to me.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

1. I take it microsoft OFFERING something automatically means that you have to buy it? The problem isn't that you have to buy it as you said, or at least that's what I'm getting from the TC, but it's the fact that it even exists in the first place. I applaud Microsoft for trying to appeal more to the Wii crowd, but some people like the TC for example believe MS is ignoring things like RROD, a problem we'd all like to see resolved without removal of the lights on the front. Development on Avatars makes it seem like MS is ignoring the problem.

Could MS work on the currently lousy interface and continue working on reducing failure rates? Sure. Some people would like one issue resolved completely first though.

I'm totally not sure what boycotting an update would do though I'm sure with of one thing it won't do with these small numbers.

2. yes beccause the countless of games made for the avatars are giving them no use at all. But could those games have worked regardless of the existence of Avatars? Yes. Just like Wii *insert something here*, you could replace all the Mii's with blobs and the game would still play the exact same.

3. err the 360 doesnt need home to chat with othersbecause it has another way to chat with people, its called parties. If lemmings had parties all the time, why do they always seem pissed in SW!? :P (Totally dodging the point here. lol)

Technoweirdo

1. cna they even lower it all that much furthur? its down to 8% which while still is much higher then the PS3 and wii failure rates (although ironically my wii has broken twice...) nless tey drastically changed the whol 360 I dont see them getting the problem down anymore.

2. yes I understand, I shoulda added a see what I did there I was simply pointing out that there were several things in which the avatars are used.

3. ...epic win xD

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
OMG, is it today? awsome, tonight will be one of those rare times i hook my 360 up to the internet, boycott it? why? may as well boycott tesco's cos SOME of there stuff is overpriced, anyway, the update is free, who the hell boycotts free stuff,lol
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WINDWAKER1

[QUOTE="WINDWAKER1"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

So people want to boycott a free update? That sounds mighty stupid to me.

Well, only this guy does, because he just HAS to get those avatar clothes.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

why would anyone want to buy stuff for their avatar lol

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

It is the single most useful response you could get.

Speak with your wallet. That's when they will listen. If people do not buy, MS will be forced to rethink their pricing scheme. Complaining about it here does absolutely no good.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's ok to boycott MS for buying clothes on your avatar, but not Home for charging you to buy extra clothes for your avatar?

anarchist4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anarchist4eva
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

Correct me if i'm wrong, but legend was trying to insult you about complaining about XBL.

Sure he or she was. I chose not to respond in kind & turn this into a flameout. No need to start a holy war over a comment.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

why would anyone want to buy stuff for their avatar lol

sikanderahmed
exactly, the avatar shop is such a lame idea,they see you coming if you buy that stuff, i would rather buy cloths for myself ,kudos to microsoft, for having the sax to put something so blatantly crap,imo, into an update, but you just DON'T boycott a free update
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Lol, too late already downloaded it. I'll stick to my free Avatar clothes but man they do have cool costumes like the Big Daddy, Gears, Splinter Cell, etc. ones. I'm not boycotting anything but I choose to not buy virtual clothing but if I have points left over I might get a costume. :) Sure you can walk around in Home but those Avatars are stuck in Home. The 360 Avatars are enabled in games and can be seen on gamercards that people can post in these forums, and who knows, MS can have a virtual space for Avatars too later on.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

I think the avatar clotheshop is stupid, but I'd probably buy a Monkey Island outfit if I ever get around to buying a 360.

I'm guessing that most people won't bother buying these clothes, so why bother boycotting this update at all? There are much better things to boycott, like Activision's games.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WINDWAKER1

anarchist4eva

Sure he or she was. I chose not to respond in kind & turn this into a flameout. No need to start a holy war over a comment.

very true

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WINDWAKER1

I think the avatar clotheshop is stupid, but I'd probably buy a Monkey Island outfit if I ever get around to buying a 360.

I'm guessing that most people won't bother buying these clothes, so why bother boycotting this update at all? There are much better things to boycott, like Activision's games.

Planeforger

I downloaded the SE of monkey island off XBL, i thought the old version was alot better compared to the new one. The picture closeups really made the game (in the old version).

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EazyD91

[QUOTE="EazyD91"][QUOTE="Crossel777"] Please, that answer is so useless and never solves the real problem.Crossel777

The real problem? Isn't it obvious? Regardless of you telling me to buy it or not, there will still be a massive herd of casuals with flawed standards and recklessness that will buy this crap anyway thus creating a flow of more rip-off crap, and no desire for devs to be creative. Simply telling me to not buy it wont fix the problem at all. I don't think any of us smart buyers want our hobby being ruled over by inferiority

Lol, you really think this update will make ALL the casuals buy the 360? When microsoft made avatars it didn't some how usher "the massive herd of casuals" to the 360 so what makes you think this update will? I think you're getting to beside yourself, the 360 isn't the wii. But hey excuse MS for trying to make their system more acessible to more people before beyond the hardcore. trust me your "hobby" will not be ruined. most of the PS2 owners were obviously casual players. Still was a superb system with quality games.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
If you don't want to buy worthless items then don't buy worthless items. What does it matter to you if other people do?
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Oh snap the updates today

*runs to 360*